April 19, 2024, 09:58:37 PM

Poll

Argument with some bredrins...Who would u choose to run your team midfield?

Fabregas
25 (64.1%)
Arteta
3 (7.7%)
Iniesta
11 (28.2%)

Total Members Voted: 39

Voting closed: October 05, 2007, 10:25:22 AM

Author Topic: Spanish Midfielders  (Read 3839 times)

Offline 2cents

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • FPL Vibes
Spanish Midfielders
« on: September 30, 2007, 10:25:22 AM »
Lemme hear d views of d masses...and hopefully men who does watch ball real good.
It's only kinky the 1st time

Offline palos

• Hero Warrior
  • Test
    • View Profile
Re: Spanish Midfielders
« Reply #1 on: September 30, 2007, 10:38:36 AM »
Lemme hear d views of d masses...and hopefully men who does watch ball real good.

Lemmeh see if ah get dis straight.  Allyuh arguin bout who would be 2nd choice right?  Because it eh really have no argument about who is #1...by a clear distance too.
Carlos "The Rolls Royce" Edwards

Offline Feliziano

• Hero Warrior
  • www.TheWarriorNation.com
    • View Profile
    • The Warrior Nation
« Reply #2 on: September 30, 2007, 11:00:48 AM »

Lemmeh see if ah get dis straight.  Allyuh arguin bout who would be 2nd choice right?  Because it eh really have no argument about who is #1...by a clear distance too.
i agree with Palos dey
and even though yuh call 2 other good players, i would have a few more that right around that same level like Guti, Xavi, Xabi, Valeron, De la Pena and the up and coming Mata.
Feliz
Warrior Nation Secretary & Membership Officer
http://www.TheWarriorNation.com

Offline dcs

• Hero Warrior
  • T&T 4 COP
    • View Profile
    • Warrior Nation
« Reply #3 on: September 30, 2007, 11:07:06 AM »
Random info:
Iniesta captained Spain at the U-17 World Championship Trinidad and Tobago 2001.

Fabregas was voted the player of the tournament at the 2003 FIFA Under-17 World Championship and won the Golden Boot after his six goals helped Spain reach the final.

Arteta: Member of the Spanish team that was eliminated in the first round of the FIFA U-17 World Championship in New Zealand 1999.
« Last Edit: September 30, 2007, 11:11:35 AM by dcs »

Offline Trini Madness

• Heart....miles and miles of heart
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 30, 2007, 02:03:47 PM »
xavi talk done
A dream you don't fight for will haunt you for the rest of your life.

Offline 2cents

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • FPL Vibes
« Reply #5 on: October 01, 2007, 11:58:15 AM »

Lemmeh see if ah get dis straight.  Allyuh arguin bout who would be 2nd choice right?  Because it eh really have no argument about who is #1...by a clear distance too.

Well to some it straightforward, not to me. Was a lil argument under some fifa talkin bout fantasy and all tha rah-rah. For me Fabregas 3rd on that list with a straight face, as a coach lookin for a man to run my midfield "it eh close, by a clear distance too...d space between 2nd and 3rd".
I not talkin bout name or recognition and especially in d case of 'dcs' possibly d worst thing to do is quote stats . I look at the influence of Arteta on a team (when he there and when he not), you could build a team around him in d same was as Riquelme. I believe if you put Iniesta on a smaller team, say Arsenal (jus a joke ppl...doh start postin like mad), he'd be a true general, top 15 player with goals from midfield in way of Scholes in he prime or Kaka now.
Fab 4 a man in a rich vein of form right now, very good player. However, in no shape or form I think he a general u know, d chef to put everything together, more a special ingredient in d pot...d 'golden ray' of sorts. Remind me a lot of Redondo, 'Pep' Guardiola, Xavi; vital to d team no doubt, but if u had a pick in a draft not the man u would center your team on.
Didn't really want to state my views which is y i try a poll, but whaeva. bless

Offline palos

• Hero Warrior
  • Test
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 01, 2007, 12:32:43 PM »

Lemmeh see if ah get dis straight.  Allyuh arguin bout who would be 2nd choice right?  Because it eh really have no argument about who is #1...by a clear distance too.

Well to some it straightforward, not to me. Was a lil argument under some fifa talkin bout fantasy and all tha rah-rah. For me Fabregas 3rd on that list with a straight face, as a coach lookin for a man to run my midfield "it eh close, by a clear distance too...d space between 2nd and 3rd".
I not talkin bout name or recognition and especially in d case of 'dcs' possibly d worst thing to do is quote stats . I look at the influence of Arteta on a team (when he there and when he not), you could build a team around him in d same was as Riquelme. I believe if you put Iniesta on a smaller team, say Arsenal (jus a joke ppl...doh start postin like mad), he'd be a true general, top 15 player with goals from midfield in way of Scholes in he prime or Kaka now.
Fab 4 a man in a rich vein of form right now, very good player. However, in no shape or form I think he a general u know, d chef to put everything together, more a special ingredient in d pot...d 'golden ray' of sorts. Remind me a lot of Redondo, 'Pep' Guardiola, Xavi; vital to d team no doubt, but if u had a pick in a draft not the man u would center your team on.

Respeck to yuh views.

But if yuh tink dat Wenger eh build he team AROUND Fabergas, yuh sorely mistaken.

Offline kicker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 01, 2007, 01:30:07 PM »

Is Xavi your #1 by a clear distance?

I agree he's #1, but Iniesta is close behind in my view.....
Live life 90 minutes at a time....Football is life.......

Offline Observer

• Hero Warrior
  • The best gift for a footballer is Intelligence ---
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 01, 2007, 01:35:34 PM »
Mikel Arteta from Everton  :o he looks as good as he does because most of Everton are shit  ;D

He is a good player but not close,  in the Spanish side Marcos Senna has to be considered ahead of him.
To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead
                                              Thomas Paine

Offline doublet750

• Hero Warrior
  • mi nuevo nombre es dinho mi vida es joga bonito
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 01, 2007, 01:48:35 PM »
tim cahill...manuel fernandes...gravesen...yea i dont think those midfielders are shyt....but nuff props to arteta

time frame wise has to be taken into acount

1st is XAVI

but for this list....Fabregas....can dictate the midfield with the smart pass and has great vision....now to add to which he can shoot on target from long range (only getting better)

Iniesta...similar to cesc but i have not yet seen this year his abiloity he shown last year whn he made his teamates look good with his passes(as hard as it was wit barca being da team thy are)

Arteta....very impressive but i still wana see him put down a COMMANDING pressence for his team...he can weave through traffic...score the occasional class goal but i want to see him stamp his authority on everton and make it HIS TEAM....

Offline Filho

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 01, 2007, 02:00:40 PM »
Spain is full of class, technical midfielders. My favorite are:
#1. Xavi
#2. Fabregas
#3. Iniesta
#4. Xavi Alonso
#5. Guti (when he feel like playing)

Offline dinho

• Hero Warrior
  • Yesterday is Yesterday and Today is Today!
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 01, 2007, 02:08:26 PM »
sadly, the on-going sourness in trying to watch la liga in trinidad prevents me from giving an informed opinion on a thread like this....

if is not flow advertising games that not showing, is the internet too slow for sopcast so i havent seen a barca or real game all season..

>:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:(

Offline dumpalewie

• Lewie
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 01, 2007, 04:35:38 PM »

I respect your views but...

I believe you have Arteta and Fabregas confused(reversed).

I think you are spot on about Iniesta.

Arteta is a good for Everton, a middling team. He is not great nor is the team built around him.

Arsenal, a top team is built around Fabregas. He is the first name on the teamsheet.
TnT Patriot

Offline dumpalewie

• Lewie
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 01, 2007, 04:37:23 PM »
Spain is full of class, technical midfielders. My favorite are:
#1. Xavi
#2. Fabregas
#3. Iniesta
#4. Xavi Alonso
#5. Guti (when he feel like playing)

Good ranking!
TnT Patriot

Offline Observer

• Hero Warrior
  • The best gift for a footballer is Intelligence ---
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 01, 2007, 04:47:22 PM »
Just my humble opinion watching Fabragas over the last three years I find he has added something to his game each year. Most people are aware of his vision, no one will argue that. However, his defending ability is ignored by many and he has demonstrated that he is a good defender as well. Those who doubt that should view games where he is forced into a two way game. He was outstanding against Juventus (Viera) two years ago and has grown even better since. A quality which I think puts him ahead Iniesta and Xavi.
To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead
                                              Thomas Paine

Offline andre samuel

• Hero Warrior
  • "ah love it!!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: October 02, 2007, 05:19:08 PM »
Arteta is a very good player but, has Arteta ever played for the Spanish National Team?....I ent think so.  Someone confirm.

Fabregas by a mile.

Xavi and Ineista are excellent
Andre Samuel, who controls all the rights to the phrase "ah love it!!"

Offline Disgruntled_Trini

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: October 02, 2007, 05:51:02 PM »
somehow i feel in the long run Iniesta will be the main man.

Spain also has Joaquin who is currently playing for Valencia who could take it to men from the right.

Was a real force 2 years ago fro Betis.

Més que un club.

Offline 2cents

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • FPL Vibes
« Reply #17 on: October 02, 2007, 06:24:32 PM »
Arteta is a very good player but, has Arteta ever played for the Spanish National Team?....I ent think so. Someone confirm.

Fabregas by a mile.

Xavi and Ineista are excellent

Same reason I came on here to ask this question...I knew men would talk stats and national team.
Over the past 10-15 yrs how many great players get dog out by their national team for whatever reason (not callin Arteta great). I don't think it says that much in d big picture, thaz jus me. I respect everybody opinion though, but I stick to d view Fab 4 have a large hype machine behind him...from replacin Vieira and all that. Playin for Arsenal have it advantages, as opposed to Sociedad and Everton and Rangers in d eyes of a coach obviously. Only Riquelme at Villareal didnt get that fight down...and thaz after a while. Watchin an individual as opposed to d team they all close...but I think puttin all 3 at Arsenal (playin d 'Arsenal' way, ppl would call a man like Iniesta god IMHO).
As a side note it hilarious for men to quote Under 17 stats in any discussion...c'mon guys...u better than that. Watch games and analyse, anybody could go online and search for how much Inzaghi score in 96 or whaeva.

Offline palos

• Hero Warrior
  • Test
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: October 02, 2007, 06:33:24 PM »
Over the past 10-15 yrs how many great players get dog out by their national team for whatever reason (not callin Arteta great). I don't think it says that much in d big picture, thaz jus me. I respect everybody opinion though, but I stick to d view Fab 4 have a large hype machine behind him...from replacin Vieira and all that. Playin for Arsenal have it advantages, as opposed to Sociedad and Everton and Rangers in d eyes of a coach obviously.

It couldn't possible be that Fabergas gettin all that hype because he jes that good eh?

Offline dcs

• Hero Warrior
  • T&T 4 COP
    • View Profile
    • Warrior Nation
« Reply #19 on: October 02, 2007, 09:00:48 PM »
As a side note it hilarious for men to quote Under 17 stats in any discussion...c'mon guys...u better than that. Watch games and analyse, anybody could go online and search for how much Inzaghi score in 96 or whaeva.

Dat U-17 thing only there cuz Iniesta play in T&T.

But Arteta not making the national team does say something....he not that much of an impact on Everton either...very good player still.
« Last Edit: October 02, 2007, 09:10:38 PM by dcs »

Offline JDB

• Hero Warrior
  • Red, White and Black till death
    • View Profile
    • We Reach
« Reply #20 on: October 03, 2007, 05:40:17 AM »

But Arteta not making the national team does say something....he not that much of an impact on Everton either...very good player still.

Disagree with this. Arteta is the best thing going forward at Everton followed by Cahill. he keeps them ticking and is their most creative player.

Spain also has Joaquin who is currently playing for Valencia who could take it to men from the right.

Funny that you should mention this because over the last 15 years or so, Spain has produced so many good central midfielders but not outstanding wingers. Like you say, Joaquin was good two years ago and has not lived up to the hype. For some reason they just don't develop out and out wingers who stand the test of time. Joaquin, Exteberria, Vicente, Reyes, Luis Garcia, Luque. All look good for a while but turn out to be lightweights for some reason.

Contrast that to Portugal who produce fantastic wingers (who eventually end up playing inside) but don't produce central midfielders anywhere near the quality or quantity of Spain. For example Maniche, Petit and Tiago are good players but can't come close to Xabi Alonso, Iniesta Xavi and Fabregas.
THE WARRIORS WILL NOT BE DENIED.

Offline dinho

• Hero Warrior
  • Yesterday is Yesterday and Today is Today!
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: October 03, 2007, 06:15:38 AM »

Funny that you should mention this because over the last 15 years or so, Spain has produced so many good central midfielders but not outstanding wingers. Like you say, Joaquin was good two years ago and has not lived up to the hype. For some reason they just don't develop out and out wingers who stand the test of time. Joaquin, Exteberria, Vicente, Reyes, Luis Garcia, Luque. All look good for a while but turn out to be lightweights for some reason.

Contrast that to Portugal who produce fantastic wingers (who eventually end up playing inside) but don't produce central midfielders anywhere near the quality or quantity of Spain. For example Maniche, Petit and Tiago are good players but can't come close to Xabi Alonso, Iniesta Xavi and Fabregas.

JDB, i hadda disagree with that one ah lil bit...

First of all i would hardly go so far as to call Vicente, Joaquin and Reyes lightweights.. Them fellas does rip.. Yeah their wingers probably not on the same level as the portuguese, but the wings hasn't been a problem position for Spain.. its just overall that team doesn't perform on the big stage..

And ah find yuh conveniently forget men like Deco, Paolo Sousa, Rui Costa and even Dimas Teixeira who used to do it for juventus.. And, i find Maniche is an excellent player, just maybe didnt get the opportunity to show it at a big club..

Portugal real issue is they havent produced any good forwards since Joao Pinto..
« Last Edit: October 03, 2007, 06:58:41 AM by omarldinho »

Offline Filho

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: October 03, 2007, 08:17:10 AM »

Disagree with this. Arteta is the best thing going forward at Everton followed by Cahill. he keeps them ticking and is their most creative player.

JDB..like you forget Paulo Sousa and Rui Costa come out of Portugal. And forget club football for a second. Maniche has actually outshone his Spanish counterparts in the last 2 major international competitons (for Europeans) WC2006 or the 2004 European Cup...hands down. I not including Deco cuz he is a Brazilian. Petit is more of a defensive midfielder and shouldn't  really enter this discussion. And them fellas not that much better than Tiago. Lewwe keep it real..we talking about a man who playing for Juventus here. At this level..the difference in class not that wide. But I agree that in terms of quantity..Spain seems to produce a glut of central midfielders...Portugal real problem though is lack of goalscorers and world class keepers.

By the way..why people comparing Arteta to Fabregas...they're completely different players and don't play the same position

1]; } ?>