March 29, 2024, 02:33:33 AM

Author Topic: Kindergarten Students Learn About Racism by Hanging Child with Noose  (Read 1695 times)

Offline TriniCana

• Hero Warrior
  • ah Catch ah Glad
    • View Profile
    • allyuhmuddaass@com
I only am speechless

I was watching the news and this story came around. I had to go on the web to fully understand what dey hell happen.

http://www.thenewsstar.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20070929/NEWS01/709290316/-1/STATE

People don't think anymore ??? Where is the education here ???  What can this so call teacher be telling the kids while putting the noose over this child's neck?? I would love to hear from one of the children what "miss" was saying

« Last Edit: October 02, 2007, 03:32:45 PM by Sumintra »

Offline pecan

• Steups ...
  • Hero Warrior
  • Billy Goats Gruff
    • View Profile
Re: Kindergarten Students Learn About Racism by Hanging Child with Noose
« Reply #1 on: October 02, 2007, 05:37:18 PM »
i did not read the entire article ....

but dat picture says it all ...

inappropriate, schupid and dangerous to say de least
Now faith is being sure of what we hope for and certain of what we do not see.

Offline WestCoast

• The obvious is that which is never seen until someone expresses it simply
  • Hero Warrior
  • "Let We Do What We Normally Does" :)
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 02, 2007, 05:51:19 PM »
dangerous to say de least
dats was my first reaction also to the picture
I too did not read the whole article
Whatever you do, do it to the purpose; do it thoroughly, not superficially. Go to the bottom of things. Any thing half done, or half known, is in my mind, neither done nor known at all. Nay, worse, for it often misleads.
Lord Chesterfield
(1694 - 1773)

Offline pecan

• Steups ...
  • Hero Warrior
  • Billy Goats Gruff
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 02, 2007, 05:57:47 PM »
dangerous to say de least
dats was my first reaction also to the picture
I too did not read the whole article

imagine she accidentally drop de chile ....
Now faith is being sure of what we hope for and certain of what we do not see.

Offline WestCoast

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 02, 2007, 06:07:51 PM »
here is what the Student Newspaper the Gramblinite had to say:
I would agree if it involved ONLY adults but when it involves kids ..well NO...

Gramblinite Responds To Jena Six Incident
By:
Posted: 9/27/07
Statement from The Gramblinite
Gramblinite Press Release

For more information: 318-274-3333, De'Eric M. Henry

On Friday, The Gramblinite's editor in chief De'Eric M. Henry received a phone call from one of the advisers to the paper, reporting that some community and faculty members were outraged about some of the photos that were published on the The Gramblinite's Web site of the Alma J. Brown Elementary School events staged in support of the Jena Six.

The editor in chief and news editor Darryl D. Smith had a conference call to discuss the photos. They decided to remove the three (3) photos of the girl with her head in the "noose." The editor in chief then spoke to the acting department head of the Department of Mass Communication, Dr. Martin Edu, and explained to him why the three (3) photos were removed.

The decision to remove the three (3) photos did not come from GSU President Horace Judson. It was an editorial decision. However, the decision to remove all photos and the story (Students at GSU's Alma J. Brown sound off on Jena 6 protest) came from the office of the president and no student editors were present in the office at the time (Friday, Sept. 28).

One (1) Gramblinite adviser was ordered to remove everything pertaining to the Alma J. Brown Jena Six march by the president's office. Student editors found out early Monday morning that everything regarding the Alma J. Brown demonstration had been removed from the site. Henry ordered that everything be re-uploaded to the Web site (thegramblinite.com) immediately with the exception of the three (3) photos.

"The Gramblinite only did what our motto stands for: 'We don't make the news; we report it,'" said Henry. "We do not approve of censorship or prior review, and we stand by our editorial decision to inform the students of Grambling State University of news events that effect them on campus, in the community and everywhere."

UPDATE: The three (3) Jena Six photos in question are copyright of The Gramblinite. There is NO permission being granted to use the photos for ANY publication.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
© Copyright 2007 The Gramblinite

http://www.thegramblinite.com/home/index.cfm?event=displayArticlePrinterFriendly&uStory_id=d959867e-6e3d-46c0-8413-98b758c13ab8
« Last Edit: October 02, 2007, 08:09:08 PM by WestCoast »
Whatever you do, do it to the purpose; do it thoroughly, not superficially. Go to the bottom of things. Any thing half done, or half known, is in my mind, neither done nor known at all. Nay, worse, for it often misleads.
Lord Chesterfield
(1694 - 1773)

Offline TriniCana

• Hero Warrior
  • ah Catch ah Glad
    • View Profile
    • allyuhmuddaass@com
« Reply #5 on: October 02, 2007, 06:33:12 PM »
all i want to know is what that woman because i can't consider her a teacher at this moment, what she was telling those kids while she was putting the noose over this child's head. Like what words was used.

She explained how the noose goes over a neck and what happens after ?
Who normally put noose on "black" people
Slavery

What ???

Offline trinindian

• Hero Warrior
  • Curried Wild Meat With Plenty Hot Pepper
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 02, 2007, 08:15:15 PM »
a crying shame to do this to any child. some people appendages are able to function without a brain

Offline TriniCana

• Hero Warrior
  • ah Catch ah Glad
    • View Profile
    • allyuhmuddaass@com
« Reply #7 on: October 02, 2007, 08:22:06 PM »
I am seeing a law suit in the making.
Could you imagine the parents of that child seeing her with a noose around her neck on the internet and making HEADLINE news ???

Offline WestCoast

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 02, 2007, 08:32:11 PM »
Could you imagine the parents of that child seeing her with a noose around her neck on the internet and making HEADLINE news ???

dais de chile granmudda who held she :-[

"The Gramblinite's Web site Friday included a comment from a woman who identified herself as Irene Booker. She said in her posted comment, "Yes, it was a rope around the little girl's neck. It was a (safe) demonstration as to what the rope symbolized to blacks. This was my granddaughter and she along with so many of the other students did not understand the intimidation of the noose. I held her in my arms and she knows that I would not harm her or put her life in danger. In order to understand racism one must experience it to make the connection.""
« Last Edit: October 02, 2007, 08:39:09 PM by WestCoast »
Lord Chesterfield
(1694 - 1773)

Offline trinindian

• Hero Warrior
  • Curried Wild Meat With Plenty Hot Pepper
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 02, 2007, 09:37:49 PM »

dais de chile granmudda who held she :-[

"The Gramblinite's Web site Friday included a comment from a woman who identified herself as Irene Booker. She said in her posted comment, "Yes, it was a rope around the little girl's neck. It was a (safe) demonstration as to what the rope symbolized to blacks. This was my granddaughter and she along with so many of the other students did not understand the intimidation of the noose. I held her in my arms and she knows that I would not harm her or put her life in danger. In order to understand racism one must experience it to make the connection.""

STEEEEEEEEEUPS

Offline kicker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 03, 2007, 09:30:30 AM »
I think it's good to know where you came from and what your "ancestors" experienced- both good and bad, but I feel like images of racism are engrained in kids too frequently, too intensely, and at too tender an age here in the U.S., and I think in some way this sort of "teaching" fosters an environment of segregation from the onset, and only serves to rile up ill feelings across races from an age where kids are too young to understand all the implications and not educated enough to process the images and the lessons without doing some kind of societal harm.
Live life 90 minutes at a time....Football is life.......

Offline WestCoast

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 03, 2007, 09:34:32 AM »
I think it's good to know where you came from and what your "ancestors" experienced- both good and bad, but I feel like images of racism are engrained in kids too frequently, too intensely, and at too tender an age here in the U.S., and I think in some way this sort of "teaching" fosters an environment of segregation from the onset, and only serves to rile up ill feelings across races from an age where kids are too young to understand all the implications and not educated enough to process the images and the lessons without doing some kind of societal harm.
:applause: :applause:
you should post this in the student newspaper website Kicker...
« Last Edit: October 03, 2007, 09:56:56 AM by WestCoast »
Lord Chesterfield
(1694 - 1773)

Offline grskywalker

• Hero Warrior
  • WARRIORS BUSS THE NET AGAIN!
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 03, 2007, 01:25:14 PM »
Imagine for a moment if you will waking up to read the news and see that it was your child in that picture. Racism would be the last thing on my mind SOMEBODY GETTING A CUT ASS for doing that with meh chile! >:( >:(
« Last Edit: October 05, 2007, 07:43:50 AM by grskywalker »

Offline TriniCana

• Hero Warrior
  • ah Catch ah Glad
    • View Profile
    • allyuhmuddaass@com
« Reply #13 on: October 03, 2007, 10:34:07 PM »
Imagine for a moment if you will waking up to read the news and see that it was your child in that picture. Rascism would be the last thing on my mind SOMEBODY GETTING A CUT ASS for doing that with meh chile! >:( >:(

same ting ah say. could you imagine ya chile on CNN headline news, YouTube, internet with ah noose round she neck.
ah sure dem KKK had ah fete :-\

1]; } ?>