April 24, 2024, 12:07:13 AM

Author Topic: One Week Job  (Read 708 times)

Offline WestCoast

• The obvious is that which is never seen until someone expresses it simply
  • Hero Warrior
  • "Let We Do What We Normally Does" :)
    • View Profile
One Week Job
« on: October 02, 2007, 07:45:04 PM »
this fella has found the best way to wuk ;D

"About One Week Job
How it works is simple!

Any company or individual can offer me a “One Week Job.” The job can be absolutely anything, anywhere, from garbage collection, to an actor on Broadway, to working the family farm, to a suit and tie corporate position.

I am traveling anywhere that somebody is willing to hire me working 52 different jobs in 52 weeks trying to figure out what to do with my life.

After finishing college with a business degree, I made a promise to myself that I wouldn’t settle for a career that I am not truly passionate about. My goal is to gain a better understanding of what this career would look like and inspire others of my generation to commit to going after their passions.

Instead of paying me for the week, you make a donation (amount of your choice) to the Make Poverty History / ONE Campaign.

I am sharing what I am learning and all my experiences through our weekly Internet TV Show as well as blog entries and photos posted to my ‘Road Journal‘ section.

Sound like fun? Good, join me for the journey!

WHY YOU SHOULD OFFER ME A JOB

You would bring exposure to you or your company as it would be featured on this website, as well as being highlighted in my media interviews (previous media)
You would be helping myself and others in my generation figure out what it is we should or should not be doing with our lives
You would be helping raise money and awareness for the Make Poverty History / ONE Campaign
I am a hardworker, have lots of energy and am a quick learner
And last but not least, you would get to spend a week with me!
So go ahead and make me an offer. Here’s how!

Can’t offer me a job, but you want to get involved in the project?

No problem. If you are willing to have me as a guest in your home for a night, two nights, or the whole five days… send me an email or give me a call! I am pretty darn good at dishes, courteous, make my bed/couch, would love to meet you, and would greatly appreciate it!

Can’t offer me a job or a place to stay, but want to hang out while I am in town?

That’s cool too, I am always up for meeting new people, and try to have a send off every Thursday night in each city with all the people I have met and worked with during that week.

Or, help me find a ‘One Week Job!’

Check out My ‘One Week Job’ Wish List and see if you, or someone you possibly know could help me cross something off the list."

http://www.oneweekjob.com/
« Last Edit: October 02, 2007, 08:04:08 PM by WestCoast »
Whatever you do, do it to the purpose; do it thoroughly, not superficially. Go to the bottom of things. Any thing half done, or half known, is in my mind, neither done nor known at all. Nay, worse, for it often misleads.
Lord Chesterfield
(1694 - 1773)

Offline TriniCana

• Hero Warrior
  • ah Catch ah Glad
    • View Profile
    • allyuhmuddaass@com
Re: One Week Job
« Reply #1 on: October 02, 2007, 07:54:07 PM »
but what dey hell
WCoast you colour blind ? Black colour still in effect ya know
Ya didn't know in primary school dat red ink is ah form of disrespect to dey reader ?
Eider dat or meh teacher was lying to meh when ah use meh red ink pen when meh blue ink done, and write she ah whole essay.  Dat scamp gimme ah "C" oui.

Black it nuh 8)

Offline WestCoast

• The obvious is that which is never seen until someone expresses it simply
  • Hero Warrior
  • "Let We Do What We Normally Does" :)
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 02, 2007, 08:03:40 PM »
but what dey hell
Ya didn't know in primary school dat red ink is ah form of disrespect to dey reader ?
Eider dat or meh teacher was lying to meh when ah use meh red ink pen when meh blue ink done, and write she ah whole essay.  Dat scamp gimme ah "C" oui.

Black it nuh 8)
ya see dat
coming from you I ent kno if is de trute or ya kicksin ;D ;D

I just wanted to make sure dat everyone "RED" my article :devil:
seriously, i was goin wid de red, white and black motif ;)
« Last Edit: October 02, 2007, 08:16:34 PM by WestCoast »
Whatever you do, do it to the purpose; do it thoroughly, not superficially. Go to the bottom of things. Any thing half done, or half known, is in my mind, neither done nor known at all. Nay, worse, for it often misleads.
Lord Chesterfield
(1694 - 1773)

Offline TriniCana

• Hero Warrior
  • ah Catch ah Glad
    • View Profile
    • allyuhmuddaass@com
« Reply #3 on: October 02, 2007, 08:19:53 PM »
but what dey hell

Black it nuh 8)
ya see dat
coming from you I ent kno if is de trute or ya kicksin ;D ;D

I just wanted to make sure dat everyone "RED" my article :devil:
seriously, i was goin wid de red, white and black motif ;)
true talk...she gimme ah "C"  >:(
and wid the red ink...ask any teacher in here...well the older ones
dese young bird teachers ain't know dey head to dey assta

1]; } ?>