April 19, 2024, 10:25:30 PM

Author Topic: Hmmm, Carlos played on Tuesday  (Read 1854 times)

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Hmmm, Carlos played on Tuesday
« on: August 18, 2005, 11:14:31 AM »
Luton Today

Rowan Vine, Marlon Beresford and Sol Davis all played a full 90 minutes for Luton Town reserves in their 1-1 friendly draw with Charlton Athletic yesterday.

Russell Perrett also played for 75 minutes after picking up a knock in last week's second string win at Dunstable.

But the game came too soon for Chris Coyne, who was still missing with his hamstring injury.

Enoch Showunmi scored in the first half before being withdrawn due to illness and replaced by trialist Paul Dalglish at the break.

Charlton equalised late in the second half as Hatters blooded some of their youngsters.

Luton starting XI: Marlon Beresford, Keith Keane, Russell Perrett, Leon Barnett, Sol Davis, Stephen O'Leary, Michael Leary, Peter Holmes, Carlos Edwards, Enoch Showunmi, Rowan Vine.
« Last Edit: August 18, 2005, 11:41:59 AM by Tallman »
The Conquering Lion of Judah shall break every chain.

Offline JERSEY TRINI

• trotty
  • Hero Warrior
  • without god life just doesn't make sense
    • View Profile
Re: Hmmm, Carlos played on Tuesday
« Reply #1 on: August 18, 2005, 11:25:49 AM »
That's very interesting?  How can an injured man play a game, much less start for his club but as far as his country is concerned was injured and couldn't play for us in a vital game.
« Last Edit: August 18, 2005, 11:42:12 AM by Tallman »

Offline AB.Trini

• Hero Warrior
  • yuh cyar take meh ancestry from meh
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 18, 2005, 11:26:20 AM »
what's with dta? yuh know yuh never want tuh question a man if he says he is hurt but at times yuh could always question a man's heart? yuh never know if it in the right place.

I still content when yuh part of a team yuh dey with the team; I remeber this man leaving the day we had tuh paly a crucial game in Gold Cup; Moral support fuh yuh team mates eh ah bad thing. But then again who am I ? maybe the man feel better knowing he eh have tuh upset manager; cause yuh see he may eh want tuh take a chance and reinjur himself as he only playing on th ereserve team; so what  massa say ooops what MANAGER say yuh have tuh do. IT'S ABOUT THE LIVELIHOOD.
« Last Edit: August 18, 2005, 11:42:42 AM by Tallman »

Offline Mr Mc

• Hero Warrior
  • Take pride in yuh side!! Vibes it Up!!!
    • View Profile
    • Trini Jungle Juice
« Reply #3 on: August 18, 2005, 11:33:24 AM »
Thats is very very interesting and upsetting to me.  If you ent want to derail your club career right now, then man up and tell the coach and your teammates and your country I am staying here to play for my club. Latas did it.  Doh bawl bout you hurt but yet you starting in game two days before the WCQ you were too injured to play in.
Them kinda actions does make me want to revoke man passport, and higher two crack head to sit at the airport to stone them if they dare disembarke from a plane, as I wanted to do to Yorke and Latas a few years ago.
ok now that I got that off my chest, hopefully it was just a matter of him recovering but too late to make it for the game...hopefully
« Last Edit: August 18, 2005, 11:42:55 AM by Tallman »

Offline arrow

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Hmmm, Carlos played on Monday
« Reply #4 on: August 18, 2005, 11:44:52 AM »
Allyuh good yes.  Playing in a reserve game for Luton and a WCQ against the USA is two completely different levels of fitness you have to be in.
I see this as positive news that he's testing out the injury in an UNIMPORTANT game and is on the road to recovery and fitness and hopefully will be ready for Guatemala and Costa Rica in Sept. 

Offline AB.Trini

• Hero Warrior
  • yuh cyar take meh ancestry from meh
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 18, 2005, 11:53:24 AM »
Arrow,
Ah didn't see it dat way but since yuh put it like dat; Icould change meh perspective and see it like dat for what's worth.
Good

Offline kounty

• Hero Warrior
  • Truthfulness is brighter than the light of the sun
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 18, 2005, 11:54:41 AM »
thank yuh very much arrow!!!
Look how I happy to hear Carlos gettin better.

Offline JERSEY TRINI

• trotty
  • Hero Warrior
  • without god life just doesn't make sense
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 18, 2005, 11:59:33 AM »
yeah boy arrow boy you open meh eyes up dey boy a was only watchin from one angle.

Offline Marcos

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 18, 2005, 02:49:01 PM »
If d man able to play he fit. If he wasn't confident in it yet then he should say so. Don't flickin' lie and bawl dat u too injured to play cuz daz obviously a lie.
Shit like dat must piss off beenie
Nothing pisses me off more than racism, and ppl who you know that act like they don't know you.

Offline arrow

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 18, 2005, 02:51:42 PM »
how de ass you know exactly what Carlos tell Beenie   ::)

Offline Small Magician aka Wazza

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 18, 2005, 02:58:17 PM »
this needs cleraing up

Offline fordy

• Hero Warrior
  • give thanks!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 18, 2005, 03:06:22 PM »
arrow i totally agree with u. different levels of football when u comparing a WCQ with a reserve team game. thats like ah fete match game...ah game just to see how your injury is progressing. by de way, ah believe its ah thigh strain thats bothering edwards? correct me if i am wrong. but if it is, then thats a type of injury that only in a game siituation a player can tell whether he is getting better or not and how long again he has to keep up his rehab.
football...the one true life experience!!!

1]; } ?>