April 26, 2024, 06:42:17 AM

Author Topic: Trezeguet Club Form Not Enough  (Read 3497 times)

Offline Filho

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Trezeguet Club Form Not Enough
« on: October 04, 2007, 10:55:21 AM »
For those who follow France. Imagine..bussing the net all how in Serie A and dropped for a man who hardly play this season. No disrespect to Domenech cuz club football and international football are 2 different things, but ah sure Trezegol scratching his head...didn't even make a bench

http://soccernet.espn.go.com/news/story?id=469526&cc=5901

France coach Raymond Domenech on Thursday recalled striker Louis Saha for this month's Euro 2008 qualifiers in the Faroe Islands and at home to Lithuania.

Saha, who has just returned to action for English Premier League champions Manchester United after being hampered by a knee injury, has not featured for France since a 1-0 friendly win over Greece in November last year.

Juventus striker David Trezeguet, who has scored seven goals in Serie A this season, has been left out after failing to score in France's 1-0 defeat by Scotland last month.

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Trezeguet Club Form Not Enough
« Reply #1 on: October 04, 2007, 11:02:37 AM »
For those who follow France. Imagine..bussing the net all how in Serie A and dropped for a man who hardly play this season. No disrespect to Domenech cuz club football and international football are 2 different things, but ah sure Trezegol scratching his head...didn't even make a bench

France coach Raymond Domenech on Thursday recalled striker Louis Saha for this month's Euro 2008 qualifiers in the Faroe Islands and at home to Lithuania.

Saha, who has just returned to action for English Premier League champions Manchester United after being hampered by a knee injury, has not featured for France since a 1-0 friendly win over Greece in November last year.

Juventus striker David Trezeguet, who has scored seven goals in Serie A this season, has been left out after failing to score in France's 1-0 defeat by Scotland last month.

Trezeguet blacklist since de WC final...

Offline Mango Chow!

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 04, 2007, 11:14:45 AM »
 :whistling:  Trezeguet has not been performing consistently enough to have been considered for France over the years.  He should not have been on the squad to begin with.  :whistling:   Lemme "modify" dat:  Ain't no big deal to leave 'im out.  France have Thenry to do de big whuk fuh dem.

Not because a man ears long and he teet' long dat it make him a Jackass!

Offline Midknight

• Midknight
  • Hero Warrior
  • President of the Reality Check Commitee
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 04, 2007, 01:27:48 PM »

This is not true.

He was selected for France's first post WC friendly against Bosnia but stayed don the bench. He was injured for the first qualifier against Italy, started in the first loss in Scotland, came on as a sub and assisted and scored two goals against the faroes. He was not called up for the last friendly of the year against Greece.
He started the first friendly of the year in Februaru against Argentine and was subbed off halfway through the second half after barely getting a touch on the ball.

The surprise came in March when with Henry AND Saha injured he called up a bunch of French ligue forwards for the Lithuania qualifier and the Austria friendly. Anelka played very well in both games.

Domenech explained that his refusal to pick Trezeuet (as Jean Alain Boumsong) was intimately linked to the fact that these 2 players had been playing 2nd division football for most of the year and would have not been at the requisite level of sharpness for the National Team.

HE later picked Trezeguet in August but only kept him for a B team friendly against Slovakia. He picked him for the two  qualifiers against Italy and Spain. France played one striker (Henry) for the first and 2 (Anelka/Trezeguet) against the second (Henry was suspended)

---

Trezeguet's problem, aside from the time he spent in Serie B with Juve, is that the system that Domenech favours cannot accomodate one single 'fox in the box striker'. Trezeguet doesn't generate enough activity to play up top alone in a team that has very little possibility of midfielders with long ranged shots and defiecient crossers.

When France plays 2 strikers, he seems less and less complementary with Henry with every passing game. (Sometimes you swear Henry is doing it on purpose). If Henry is available, Domenech is NOT going to bench him in an important match, he's way too versatile a player.
Basically its always going to be Henry-Anelka, Henry-Saha.

Anyone who has seen Trezeguet play for France in the last 2 years aganst opposition of even mediocre quality will understand. I haven't seen Juve play, but the general consensus is that they organise their game for Trez. France cannot and will not use this option - not under Domenech that's for sure
Go Black if you want Jack to Track Back! I support all Soca Warriors - Red, White and Blacklisted.

D baddest SW compilation ever

Offline Observer

• Hero Warrior
  • The best gift for a footballer is Intelligence ---
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 04, 2007, 02:36:36 PM »
Not a fan of Trez. Now before people jump upon meh, I eh saying he is not a good player. I just find with France he is not mobile enough and plugs up gaps. I remember Wc 2002 the man could not get out his own way & dat sour meh on him.
To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead
                                              Thomas Paine

Offline Trini Madness

• Heart....miles and miles of heart
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 04, 2007, 02:40:29 PM »

cmon nah man let trez play. stueps.....domenech forget that scotland run all over france and yuh gonna blame it on trez?  :bs:
A dream you don't fight for will haunt you for the rest of your life.

Offline kicker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 04, 2007, 02:57:43 PM »
Not a fan of Trez. Now before people jump upon meh, I eh saying he is not a good player. I just find with France he is not mobile enough and plugs up gaps. I remember Wc 2002 the man could not get out his own way & dat sour meh on him.

He's not a mobile type of forward. When he went to Juve, that was one of the comments made about him by the coach and fellow players- he doesn't move much off the ball, but he's strong and clinical infront of goal...Oliver Bierhoff was another one of those types of forwards...wasn't very dynamic off the ball, but picks his spots really well, and knows how to get in scoring positions.

Good point that that sort of forward doesn't play well in all systems- Might be the case with France.
Live life 90 minutes at a time....Football is life.......

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 04, 2007, 04:22:21 PM »

This is not true.

He was selected for France's first post WC friendly against Bosnia but stayed don the bench. He was injured for the first qualifier against Italy, started in the first loss in Scotland, came on as a sub and assisted and scored two goals against the faroes. He was not called up for the last friendly of the year against Greece.
He started the first friendly of the year in Februaru against Argentine and was subbed off halfway through the second half after barely getting a touch on the ball.

The surprise came in March when with Henry AND Saha injured he called up a bunch of French ligue forwards for the Lithuania qualifier and the Austria friendly. Anelka played very well in both games.

Domenech explained that his refusal to pick Trezeuet (as Jean Alain Boumsong) was intimately linked to the fact that these 2 players had been playing 2nd division football for most of the year and would have not been at the requisite level of sharpness for the National Team.

HE later picked Trezeguet in August but only kept him for a B team friendly against Slovakia. He picked him for the two  qualifiers against Italy and Spain. France played one striker (Henry) for the first and 2 (Anelka/Trezeguet) against the second (Henry was suspended)

---

Trezeguet's problem, aside from the time he spent in Serie B with Juve, is that the system that Domenech favours cannot accomodate one single 'fox in the box striker'. Trezeguet doesn't generate enough activity to play up top alone in a team that has very little possibility of midfielders with long ranged shots and defiecient crossers.

When France plays 2 strikers, he seems less and less complementary with Henry with every passing game. (Sometimes you swear Henry is doing it on purpose). If Henry is available, Domenech is NOT going to bench him in an important match, he's way too versatile a player.

Anyone who has seen Trezeguet play for France in the last 2 years aganst opposition of even mediocre quality will understand. I haven't seen Juve play, but the general consensus is that they organise their game for Trez. France cannot and will not use this option - not under Domenech that's for sure

Wasn't supposed to be taken as a statement of fact...lawd.

Offline Midknight

• Midknight
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 04, 2007, 06:48:03 PM »

This is not true.

---

Wasn't supposed to be taken as a statement of fact...lawd.

Seen.

Wasn't so much calling out your statement as trying to explain to anyone who had similar thoughts what really going on with Trez and the Bleus since the World Cup.
Go Black if you want Jack to Track Back! I support all Soca Warriors - Red, White and Blacklisted.

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 04, 2007, 07:41:54 PM »
No scenes... I happen to likeTrez as a player and in my view he kinda been in Domenech's doghouse since that final, but I'd be lying if I sat here and say I follow every France match since then and that I parse every line up to see when he was or wasn't selected and why/why not.

In short I was adding to de thread w/o adding tuh de discussion, lol

Offline freakazoid

• best offensive unit= BARCELONA, best defensive= CHELSEA
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 04, 2007, 08:51:48 PM »
very informative post by midknight

i always respect goal poachers but ah jus doh fancy trezegoal. and at best he fourth on france's list of strikers so small thing
seek ye 1st the kingdom of God & his righteousness and all these things shall be added unto you

Offline Zeppo

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 05, 2007, 01:25:05 AM »
The French coach is a believer in astrology and excludes Trezeguet because he doesn't have the right star sign.

That's no joke.
"Donovan was excellent. We knew he was a good player, but he really didn't do anything wrong in the whole game and made it difficult for us."
- Xavi

Offline Midknight

• Midknight
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 05, 2007, 12:53:54 PM »
The French coach is a believer in astrology and excludes Trezeguet because he doesn't have the right star sign.

That's no joke.

wrong reason, wrong player. Doh believe every thing you hear or read

Offline Filho

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 05, 2007, 07:13:38 PM »
Why is it that so many modern day players treat playing for the national tam as their divine right..and not a privilege. I tired hearing man threaten to quit or quit the national team whenever they not getting a steady run. Whatever happen to just being patient, working hard and taking your opportunity if it ever presents itself again. I understand the frustration, but what is the point of quitting if you feel you still have it.

http://soccernet.espn.go.com/news/story?id=469945&cc=5901

ILAN, Oct 5 (Reuters) - Juventus striker David Trezeguet has lambasted France coach Raymond Domenech for leaving him out of the squad for this month's Euro 2008 qualifiers against the Faroe Islands and Lithuania.

Trezeguet, who is joint top scorer with seven goals in Serie A this season, was dumped after failing to score in France's 1-0 defeat by Scotland last month. Domenech said on Thursday there was a lot of competition between strikers.
'The coach has always said that he calls up players on the basis of their performances for their clubs,' Trezeguet was quoted as saying on the Gazzetta dello Sport website on Friday.
'I have scored seven goals in six matches. I could not do more. I am disappointed. There is no explanation. I have talked with my coaches about it and no one understands the decision.'
Trezeguet, 29, said he would now seriously consider his international future.
'After the World Cup I was thinking of leaving the national team and giving up my place to someone that responded better to the system of play Domenech wants,' he said.
'I am giving myself two months to decide. I want to feel useful to the national team and not be called up to make up the numbers. If in time responding to the call-ups becomes a pain, then it won't be worth it any more.'
World Cup finalists France, who are third in Group B, travel to the Faroe Islands on Oct. 13 before hosting Lithuania in Nantes four days later.

Offline dinho

• Hero Warrior
  • Yesterday is Yesterday and Today is Today!
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 10, 2007, 08:54:51 AM »
domenech really have a personal against trezeguet yes...

Domenech calls up Ben Arfa

http://msn.foxsports.com/soccer/story/7317544

CLAIREFONTAINE, France (AP) - France coach Raymond Domenech called up Lyon forward Hatem Ben Arfa on Wednesday to replace Louis Saha for upcoming European Championship qualifiers against Faeroe Islands and Lithuania.

Saha pulled out with a knee injury Tuesday, prompting speculation that Domenech would call up Juventus striker David Trezeguet as cover for Saturday's Euro 2008 qualifier at Faeroe Islands and the home match against Lithuania on Oct. 17.

Instead, Domenech took the 20-year-old Ben Arfa from the French under-21 team, even though he has no caps at senior level. The news will be another blow to Trezeguet, who has complained that Domenech does not give him enough playing time.

Trezeguet started in France's two 1-0 losses to Scotland, and last scored for France when he notched twice in a 5-0 home win over Faeroe Islands in October 2006.

France is third in Group B with 19 points from seven matches, one point behind Italy and two behind Scotland.     

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: July 09, 2008, 11:05:45 AM »
Once I heard Platini endorse Domenech to stay as France's coach I suspected it wouldn't be long before Trezeguet understood what that meant.

Absolute BS.

Offline palos

• Hero Warrior
  • Test
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 09, 2008, 11:26:06 AM »
domenech really have a personal against trezeguet yes...

Domenech calls up Ben Arfa

http://msn.foxsports.com/soccer/story/7317544

CLAIREFONTAINE, France (AP) - France coach Raymond Domenech called up Lyon forward Hatem Ben Arfa on Wednesday to replace Louis Saha for upcoming European Championship qualifiers against Faeroe Islands and Lithuania.

Saha pulled out with a knee injury Tuesday, prompting speculation that Domenech would call up Juventus striker David Trezeguet as cover for Saturday's Euro 2008 qualifier at Faeroe Islands and the home match against Lithuania on Oct. 17.

Instead, Domenech took the 20-year-old Ben Arfa from the French under-21 team, even though he has no caps at senior level. The news will be another blow to Trezeguet, who has complained that Domenech does not give him enough playing time.

Trezeguet started in France's two 1-0 losses to Scotland, and last scored for France when he notched twice in a 5-0 home win over Faeroe Islands in October 2006.

France is third in Group B with 19 points from seven matches, one point behind Italy and two behind Scotland.     

Daz a ole article.  Ben Arfa scored in that match. 

Basically, Ben Arfa was supposed to be in France's Euro 2008 squad, if not de startin XI.  Domenech is an ass.  Me eh like he at all.  France plays too disjointed under his leadership and I really don't see what the French see in him for him to still have his job.  Is not like they doh have the players needah.

Carlos "The Rolls Royce" Edwards

Offline scarface

• Hero Warrior
  • ultra del vicchia signora
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 09, 2008, 11:51:58 AM »
Trezeguet to focus on Juve

I'd like to make a very important personal announcement: I've decided to give up the National team for good». David Trezeguet opened his press conference without waiting for the journalists' questions. The striker has decided: enough with the Bleus: «The reasons behind my choice are clear enough. After the disappointing European Championships, the French Federation have still decided to continue with Domenech, going against the wishes of all the French people. I've never seen eye to eye with him, I haven't agreed with many of his choices over the years and I think I should’ve been called up for the European Championships after what I did at Juve last season; clearly we see things differently in football terms, so I think that, as he’s still there, this is the right moment for me to retire from the National team. I'll only focus on Juventus from now on, as they've always had faith in me. I would've liked to bid farewell to the French fans on Saturday, in the game that's been organized to celebrate the ten year anniversary of our World Cup win, but I have a little problem with my knee and the medical staff have asked me to stay here in Pinzolo to take care of it and train properly. There'll be other opportunities to say goodbye to the French fans.

The knee problem isn't anything serious and David could already be back training with the group by the end of the week: «It's a slight tendonitis to my right knee. To reach the Champions League preliminaries in the best condition, we've thought it best not to push too hard for now, so I'll be working only in the gym in the next few days, but I could already be training with the others on Saturday or Sunday».

Juventus.com

I glad cuz now we have hm soley to ourselves but at te same time it always sad when a class player leaves any form of th game. Especially under these kind of circumsances

Offline dinho

• Hero Warrior
  • Yesterday is Yesterday and Today is Today!
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: July 09, 2008, 11:58:58 AM »
like a man say in the comments of the article..

how yuh go retire from a team yuh don't play for ???

in that case, tody i would like to announce my retirement from the Trinidad & Tobago team because obviously Maturana doesn't see eye to eye with me judging from my continued omission.  :devil:

Offline scarface

• Hero Warrior
  • ultra del vicchia signora
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: July 09, 2008, 12:51:14 PM »

in that case, tody i would like to announce my retirement from the Trinidad & Tobago team because obviously Maturana doesn't see eye to eye with me judging from my continued omission. :devil:

u cud look at it like da......but is not his fault for not playing regularly. under any other coahc trez wda be in that team but is clear the coach biased agaisnt italy and french players playin in italy.

i still baffled as to y domenech still there too. d man leave home d 2nd leadin scorere in serie A to play gomis?!! really?! ??? and carry boumsong to a tournament ahead of mexes

Offline Tenorsaw

• Hero Warrior
  • YNWA
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: July 11, 2008, 12:03:16 AM »

in that case, tody i would like to announce my retirement from the Trinidad & Tobago team because obviously Maturana doesn't see eye to eye with me judging from my continued omission. :devil:

u cud look at it like da......but is not his fault for not playing regularly. under any other coahc trez wda be in that team but is clear the coach biased agaisnt italy and french players playin in italy.

i still baffled as to y domenech still there too. d man leave home d 2nd leadin scorere in serie A to play gomis?!! really?! ??? and carry boumsong to a tournament ahead of mexes

Yep.  Frey good enough to be the France #1, and he about third choice.  Domenech need to go.  He just choking that team, and refuse to offload dead wood.  Look what de man took to Euro, leaving man like Trez and Flamini out he 22.

Offline mukumsplau

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: July 11, 2008, 06:35:15 AM »
trez u are a proven an deadly striker evrybody know dat..buh doh worry..100% focus on la vecchia signora! forza la juve!!

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: July 12, 2008, 08:48:29 AM »

Yep.  Frey good enough to be the France #1, and he about third choice.  Domenech need to go.  He just choking that team, and refuse to offload dead wood.  Look what de man took to Euro, leaving man like Trez and Flamini out he 22.

I say again ... Platini coming to bat for Domenech has more to it ... just cyah see it on merit ... although the rationale expressed by the FFF is supportable, it's clear dem fellas didn't want to unsteady the ship just yet ... and we can infer that player discontent wasn't high enough to galvanize action - although it's clear that Domenech's eccentricities have him on a short leash ...

With respect to the general mgmt scene in France many of the "big" French candidates on paper ... appear disinterested or don't want the job or not politically in the main or are seemingly not actively under consideration ... the touted direction seems to be in favor of former players of fairly recent vintage to take over ... Right now I don't think the French really need some of those names ah hear being called in the mix ... situation isn't the same as was the case of Germany or Croatia ... the Italians were precipitous in going with Donadoni but they knew that ...

There is a vacuum with the French and one gets the vibe they know it ... options: recycle a mgr or invent one. God forbid a foreign face?

When saying so ... a man I'd like to see with the Azzurri in time to come is Spalletti
« Last Edit: July 12, 2008, 08:54:19 AM by asylumseeker »

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: December 18, 2013, 07:01:16 PM »
Trezeguet ... scored his 301st career goal last month. On top of that, he just received a sports-related certificate from Universidad Católica Argentina. UCA has an educational arrangement/agreement with FIFA. The program focused on event organization, sport sponsorship, law, marketing, communications, finance and other aspects of business administration.

1]; } ?>