April 19, 2024, 05:50:15 AM

Author Topic: How did lincoln phillip become T&T women team assistant coach?  (Read 6942 times)

Offline Errol

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: How did lincoln phillip become T&T women team assistant coach?
« Reply #30 on: October 31, 2014, 09:49:31 AM »
Yuh have to care.

Again nobody saying that he eh have ah right to be there, just it seems he get slip in on de side daiz all. How hard it is for Fuentes to drop ah verse saying Lincoln on board at the request of the Head Coach.

Look is because Mr. Live Wire Axe-to-grind Hate-the-TTFA ask question that I get to find out that we have an acting/interim TD. When and how that happen?

Ah does always say, once football playing on the field many of alyuh do h care who run it, how they run it, accountability or no accountability, alyuh do care. Just gimme football and ah good.

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/eKgPY1adc0A" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/eKgPY1adc0A</a>

Wait a minute, we have a press officer?

You mean the man who acts like a bodyguard and block anyone from asking the TTFA any hard questions.

Or who releases old news he has rounded up on the internet and release it in the Guardian.

Does the Guardian or Express executives even read the sport section of their newspapers?

Offline Errol

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: October 31, 2014, 09:50:37 AM »
Anyways, I just asked.

Good luck to Lincoln, if that was the only way he could have made it back to T&T, then be it.

Waldrum is a good choice.

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: October 31, 2014, 09:51:03 AM »
If I ever doubted this was a Trini site (Trin Brown not Trinbagonian) site is this thread. Wrong is right when it works in our favor. The coach gould be Pep and he hire his bff.  It would be wrong. THE PROCESS is the issue people. Who hear say that Lincon eh have pedigree.

BIG FAT WET LOUDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDD STEUPSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS.
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline Errol

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: October 31, 2014, 09:56:25 AM »
Weary, what's funny is, they have money to hire a full toss coaching staff and have no money to send 2 coach to Tobago for a training camp.

Look at our youth teams, not one from Tobago.

They gave them a friendly game to shut them up and the TFA took bait.

Just now we will have more staff than we have players.

If folks mad because I do not like the way things are done, then what can I say.

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: October 31, 2014, 10:12:26 AM »
Weary, what's funny is, they have money to hire a full toss coaching staff and have no money to send 2 coach to Tobago for a training camp.

Look at our youth teams, not one from Tobago.

They gave them a friendly game to shut them up and the TFA took bait.

Just now we will have more staff than we have players.

If folks mad because I do not like the way things are done, then what can I say.

We intrested in qualifying for WC's. It eh dawn on them yet it takes sending coaches to Tobago to achieve that. D players develop however, we get a best coach and abracadabra we qualify and we happy like pappy.
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline FF

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: October 31, 2014, 10:34:19 AM »
Waldrum is the coach. He selects his coaching staff. End of story. What process allyuh talking about?
How were Beenhakkers staff selected?

Added to that as maxg said they were working for free. After the fact the govt decide to jump in and provide money for bonus and allegedly here in this thread, salaries. 

Lincolns hiring is not a tender process. If you have a problem it should have been with the hiring of Waldrum in the first place. There are much bigger issues than this to worry about.
THE BEATINGS WILL CONTINUE UNTIL MORALE IMPROVES

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: October 31, 2014, 10:50:37 AM »
Waldrum is the coach. He selects his coaching staff. End of story. What process allyuh talking about?

Added to that as maxg said they were working for free. After the fact the govt decide to jump in and provide money for bonus and allegedly here in this thread, salaries. 

Lincolns hiring is not a tender process. If you have a problem it should have been with the hiring of Waldrum in the first place. There are much bigger issues than this to worry about.

Start wrong continue wrong but qualify for WC everything will aok.

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: October 31, 2014, 11:27:42 AM »
The TTFA can hire whomever they want as coach... it's not a public process and it's not a democratic process.  On the strength of his friendship with Lincoln, and the job he did with the U-20s, Waldrum was a natural choice for the Senior Women's Team job.  The man has won an NCAA title, was a finalist for the US Women's job, is a professional coach in the women's league in the US... AND they convince him to work for free.  All of a sudden people have a problem with how he was hired?  GTFOH

Aside from that the TTFA is in no position to dictate to the head coach who his coaching staff is supposed to be comprised of.  Go anywhere else in the world, on any level of football and this is true, the head coach picks his staff.  Why are we upset that Waldrum asked Lincoln to help out with the goalkeepers?  What is there for me to "defend" in that... Sam?  And he's still not being paid.  When he agreed to help out with the goalkeepers 2-3 weeks ago he didn't know the government was going to offer a bonus.  Waldrum didn't know.  His son didn't know.  So how the hell is this suddenly being portrayed as this big conspiracy to enrich him and his family?  As if $50,000 TTD, which he never asked for, could make anybody rich.  Some ah allyuh just need something to talk about.

Offline socalion

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: October 31, 2014, 01:55:19 PM »
Whats the real issue  with Lincoln phillips and Randy waldrum collectively working together  ?    ppl can it be that  coach randy waldrum requestied mr lincoln phillips to assist as goalkeeping coach  to the  women warriors goalkeepers?  to that end i say good choice ..!!!   ( Mr  Lincoln  Phillips)    is assisting our women warriors ......  whats  wrong  with that?

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
« Reply #39 on: October 31, 2014, 03:05:05 PM »
I was told that Waldrum requested LP services.

The real measure of a man's character is what he would do if he knew he would never be found out.

Offline Sando

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: October 31, 2014, 03:34:51 PM »
You guys missing this.

Bakes, help me clear this one up?

What making this really bad was the fact that the TTFA bring 5 extra staff members all of them acquaintances of Lincoln Phillips.

I mean, forget Lincoln situation for a minute.

How and why do we need Muhammad Isa, Wayne Cunningham, Nicholson Paul, Dr Margaret Ottley and Adam Burns?

I am sure Waldrum do not even know these guys and he requested them ??!!!

Now that money is once again flowing under the new minister of sports the TTFA start back with their old habits.

Now in addition to paying Waldrum and his staff (who deserve every penny) the Ministry of Sports have to cough up another set of money to pay for an extra 5 staff members.

Now Sheldon Phillips is this really how you want to go about wasting tax payers money? This is not a free for all or family dollar.

I mean, I'll give Lincoln the benefit of the doubt, cause Flex said Waldrum requested him (so he was told) but what the other 5 members?

Wardrum already have a full slate of his own staff members, why did Lincoln came with his whole posse? Same old people Lincoln digging up. Isa need to fix Police and he is now our TD   :rotfl:  ).

We have these old men in T&T football, Tim Kee, Vidale, Lincoln, Isa, Corneal etc who refusing to just leave the sport completely.

Randy Waldrum (head coach)

Vernetta Flanders (manager)

Claire George (equipment manager)

Michael Taylor (physiotherapist)

Ben Waldrum (assistant coach)

Lincoln members

Muhammad Isa (acting technical director)

Lincoln Phillips (technical advisor and goalkeeper coach)

Wayne Cunningham (head of delegation)

Nicholson Paul (cameraman)

Dr Margaret Ottley (sport psychologist)

Adam Burns (trainer)

What happened to Marlon Charles?

« Last Edit: October 31, 2014, 03:46:38 PM by Sando »

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: October 31, 2014, 03:51:11 PM »
You guys missing this.

What making this really bad was the fact that the TTFA bring 5 extra staff members all of them acquaintances of Lincoln Phillips.

--------

Lincoln members

Muhammad Isa (acting technical director)

Lincoln Phillips (technical advisor and goalkeeper coach)

Wayne Cunningham (head of delegation)

Nicholson Paul (cameraman)

Dr Margaret Ottley (sport psychologist)

Adam Burns (trainer)

What happened to Marlon Charles?

You realize that 99% of the people involved in football in TnT would be "acquaintances of Lincoln Phillips," right?  So... what make these people "Lincoln Members"? Where did you even get information that money was "used up" to pay these people?  Even Lasana is reporting that a recommendation was sent to the MoS that these people be considered for the bonus as well.  Paul wasn't on the list... again, according to Lasana.  So where exactly are you getting that the TTFA paid these people from funds that the Ministry allocated?
« Last Edit: October 31, 2014, 04:41:28 PM by Bakes »

Offline elan

• Go On ......Get In There!!!!!!!!
  • Hero Warrior
  • WaRRioR fOr LiFe!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: October 31, 2014, 04:33:54 PM »
Marlon Charles get fired just before they left for Houston prior to the qualifiers. They said he was not attending training regular enough. He was not getting paid and he had his official job to do I think is what was said. I will see if I find the article.

Some players flex they muscle to leave him out. Trinidad coaches cyah coach.

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4</a>

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: October 31, 2014, 05:57:02 PM »

How they start wrong? This is an organization that is upside down trying to right wrongs from a megalomaniac. They were handed a dysfunctional organization which is need of serious repair. At the same time this dysfunctional unit has to find money to continue with programs. I am not letting them off the hook by no means. But come time when constitution is in place and election is done, they should be held to a "higher" standard. I will give them the benefit out doubt for now.

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: October 31, 2014, 06:09:54 PM »
we get a best coach and abracadabra we qualify and we happy like pappy.

I am not happy like pappy with the situation. How can we be happy when we failed on two occasions to get a spot to Canada. We eh even sure we going, and we happy? Nah! Nah! What we "happy" about is the share determination and fighting spirit of these ladies. This ladies have the mind set to be good. With a good program these ladies can be on par with the central Americans for now.

Offline elan

• Go On ......Get In There!!!!!!!!
  • Hero Warrior
  • WaRRioR fOr LiFe!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #45 on: October 31, 2014, 08:57:08 PM »

I am not happy like pappy with the situation. How can we be happy when we failed on two occasions to get a spot to Canada. We eh even sure we going, and we happy? Nah! Nah! What we "happy" about is the share determination and fighting spirit of these ladies. This ladies have the mind set to be good. With a good program these ladies can be on par with the central Americans for now.

:beermug:
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4</a>

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: October 31, 2014, 10:36:18 PM »

You eh happy but people real happy we closer than we have ever been before. It doh take much 2 make we happy.

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: October 31, 2014, 10:39:09 PM »

How they start wrong? This is an organization that is upside down trying to right wrongs from a megalomaniac. They were handed a dysfunctional organization which is need of serious repair. At the same time this dysfunctional unit has to find money to continue with programs. I am not letting them off the hook by no means. But come time when constitution is in place and election is done, they should be held to a "higher" standard. I will give them the benefit out doubt for now.

What yuh expect all yuh 4get that His Worship d Mayor was part of d dysfunction so how all yuh expect him 2 fix it. When was meh partner Wayne name head of delegation? I thought he went there on GIS business?

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: October 31, 2014, 11:03:52 PM »

What yuh expect all yuh 4get that His Worship d Mayor was part of d dysfunction so how all yuh expect him 2 fix it. When was meh partner Wayne name head of delegation? I thought he went there on GIS business?

Well, what can I say. Unless some  people of significance had challenged a His Worship, we may not have been in this situation. But when the post was up, most people did not want to touch it. They knew it was a mess. They would have a hell of a time to clean it out. And they did not want any  part of it.

Offline dtool

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: November 01, 2014, 07:33:14 AM »

DO we have a female trainer???????

Looking at the Jamaica game when the keeper went down and the male trainer
started to check her out ..........

Best we get a foreign female trainer ....

Offline g

• mr greggle71
  • Hero Warrior
  • semi match fit
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: November 01, 2014, 07:56:39 AM »
Is it an issue of disclosure rather than procedural?

Head coaches get to pick their staff in most instances, normally with a blessing by the administration.

Soca Warriors, the pride of a nation

Offline Sam

• Hero Warrior
  • Police face and dog heart.
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: November 01, 2014, 09:30:30 AM »
Lincoln ok, but allyuh sure these men get wok to?

Muhammad Isa, Wayne Cunningham, Nicholson Paul, Dr Margaret Ottley and Adam Burns?

Like 10 days sharing.

T&T people real spoil sah.

Faster than a speeding pittbull
Stronger than a shot of ba-bash
Capable of storming any fete

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: November 01, 2014, 11:47:27 AM »
Issa has been around donkey years. The rest, I barely know. I know they are all local, aren't they?

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: November 01, 2014, 05:08:38 PM »
Issa has been around donkey years. The rest, I barely know. I know they are all local, aren't they?

Wayne commentator Sports Announcer who emerged as President of the EFA.

Well, what can I say. Unless some  people of significance had challenged a His Worship, we may not have been in this situation. But when the post was up, most people did not want to touch it. They knew it was a mess. They would have a hell of a time to clean it out. And they did not want any  part of it.

The peeps in the federation luv it as they all fed from the trough. So Tim Key was and will continue 2b a shoe end.

1]; } ?>