March 28, 2024, 06:43:41 AM

Author Topic: Marvin Andrews on God, booze and homosexuality  (Read 4380 times)

Offline Zeppo

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
"Donovan was excellent. We knew he was a good player, but he really didn't do anything wrong in the whole game and made it difficult for us."
- Xavi

Offline JDB

• Hero Warrior
  • Red, White and Black till death
    • View Profile
    • We Reach
Re: Marvin Andrews on God, booze and homosexuality
« Reply #1 on: October 05, 2007, 06:54:53 AM »
He handle himself well.

The Small Talk feature is normally a light hearted phone interview  but they were clearly gunning for something controversial there.

Marvin did a good job of putting across his opinion on homosexuality without expressing predjudice.
THE WARRIORS WILL NOT BE DENIED.

Offline kicker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 05, 2007, 07:39:17 AM »
Spaghetti Carbonara- good choice in dish....
Live life 90 minutes at a time....Football is life.......

Offline Filho

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 05, 2007, 08:18:38 AM »
Spaghetti Carbonara- good choice in dish....

with Lucozade..yuck

Offline Madd Ras#13

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 05, 2007, 10:11:38 AM »
marvin en have sense or wah how de ass he cud say ah lion cud beat ah tiger...steups

tiger is de true king ah de jungle not some lazy ass lion wat it takes 3 lions tuh take down one tiger cud do it
all dat is necessary is necessary

Offline PantherX

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 05, 2007, 11:04:51 AM »
I don't understand how 'religious' people reconcile their condemnation of homosexuality with the Bible.

As far as I understand it God created all things.....including homosexuals, which by the way occurs with other primates not just mankind.  So one would either have to dislike one of God's own creatures or face the fact the God isn't perfect and made a mistake.

Either way they're full of ****.

QED  ;D

More importantly though......the Lion is the King of Beasts but the Tiger is King of the Jungle and frankly with lions they move in groups and the females do most of the work.  Tigers are solitary and do it all on their own.

Marvin needs to get that stuff right before pontificates on the sexual preferences of others.
« Last Edit: October 05, 2007, 11:09:22 AM by PantherX »

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 05, 2007, 02:55:00 PM »
I don't understand how 'religious' people reconcile their condemnation of homosexuality with the Bible.

As far as I understand it God created all things.....including homosexuals, which by the way occurs with other primates not just mankind.  So one would either have to dislike one of God's own creatures or face the fact the God isn't perfect and made a mistake.

QED  ;D

More importantly though......the Lion is the King of Beasts but the Tiger is King of the Jungle and frankly with lions they move in groups and the females do most of the work.  Tigers are solitary and do it all on their own.

Marvin needs to get that stuff right before pontificates on the sexual preferences of others.

Even among lower primates homosexuality is aberrant so that's hardly evidence of it's normalcy.  That said, the bible thumpers would do well focus their attention on the sins actually listed in the Ten Commandments...start the fire there before you look to bun out gays.

Offline banton

• Hero Warrior
  • football in meh veins football in meh blood
    • View Profile
    • http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XeWOxnWoXKI
« Reply #7 on: October 05, 2007, 03:23:29 PM »

As far as I understand it God created all things.....including homosexuals, which by the way occurs with other primates not just mankind. So one would either have to dislike one of God's own creatures or face the fact the God isn't perfect and made a mistake.

QED ;D

More importantly though......the Lion is the King of Beasts but the Tiger is King of the Jungle and frankly with lions they move in groups and the females do most of the work. Tigers are solitary and do it all on their own.

panterX you is a macomere man and you go dead so, sodom burn for dat and i banton bun you out for promotin chichi man  >:( >:( >:( >:( :flamethrower: :flamethrower:
football in meh veins football in meh blood

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 05, 2007, 03:34:56 PM »

panterX you is a macomere man and you go dead so, sodom burn for dat and i banton bun you out for promotin chichi man  >:( >:( >:( >:( :flamethrower: :flamethrower:

*weak*  :rotfl: :rotfl:

dry so...dry so...

Offline kicker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 05, 2007, 03:54:44 PM »

*weak*  :rotfl: :rotfl:

dry so...dry so...

That's what you call evidence that it is in fact Friday evening.....
Live life 90 minutes at a time....Football is life.......

Offline PantherX

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 05, 2007, 06:31:00 PM »

A few hundred years ago they used burn people at the stake for having opposing views.  Attitudes like that die hard...even in these modern times.  I don't promote homosexuality.........I oppose ignorance.

The funny thing is that the people that hate gays the most tend to be in the closet themselves...something about the manifestation of self-hatred or something like that.

Banton accept all your secret urges and learn to love yourself.

Offline WestCoast

• The obvious is that which is never seen until someone expresses it simply
  • Hero Warrior
  • "Let We Do What We Normally Does" :)
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 05, 2007, 07:09:24 PM »
A few hundred years ago they used burn people at the stake for having opposing views.  Attitudes like that die hard...even in these modern times.  I don't promote homosexuality.........I oppose ignorance.
The funny thing is that the people that hate gays the most tend to be in the closet themselves...something about the manifestation of self-hatred or something like that.
Banton accept all your secret urges and learn to love yourself.
recently when Senator Larry Craig was caught in the washroom sting there was was a psychologist talking on See Nen Nen and he was saying that same thing. He says it is the ones who complain the most and have families are the ones he says are the ones who are the closet gays.
people in Jamaica who promote the death of gays can KCUF themselves. I am sure they do it in the closet already.
Whatever you do, do it to the purpose; do it thoroughly, not superficially. Go to the bottom of things. Any thing half done, or half known, is in my mind, neither done nor known at all. Nay, worse, for it often misleads.
Lord Chesterfield
(1694 - 1773)

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 05, 2007, 08:29:29 PM »

recently when Senator Larry Craig was caught in the washroom sting there was was a psychologist talking on See Nen Nen and he was saying that same thing. He says it is the ones who complain the most and have families are the ones he says are the ones who are the closet gays.
people in Jamaica who promote the death of gays can KCUF themselves. I am sure they do it in the closet already.
Senator Craig did juss finish he numbers and was about tuh wipe he bamsee when de piece ah gyazzette paper fall out he hand.  He bend dong tuh retrieve it and he hand accidentally brush up against de young fella leg...next thing allyuh have de man on TV next tuh R-ruh Kelly in de Closet.

Offline WestCoast

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 05, 2007, 08:35:14 PM »
OK, all knowing, you do know he pleaded guilty Right? ;)
before you waste ya time with a 10 page dissertation, it was a rhetorical question
« Last Edit: October 05, 2007, 08:38:36 PM by WestCoast »
Whatever you do, do it to the purpose; do it thoroughly, not superficially. Go to the bottom of things. Any thing half done, or half known, is in my mind, neither done nor known at all. Nay, worse, for it often misleads.
Lord Chesterfield
(1694 - 1773)

Offline dinho

• Hero Warrior
  • Yesterday is Yesterday and Today is Today!
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 05, 2007, 09:17:59 PM »

As far as I understand it God created all things.....including homosexuals, which by the way occurs with other primates not just mankind. So one would either have to dislike one of God's own creatures or face the fact the God isn't perfect and made a mistake.

QED ;D

More importantly though......the Lion is the King of Beasts but the Tiger is King of the Jungle and frankly with lions they move in groups and the females do most of the work. Tigers are solitary and do it all on their own.

:rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: October 05, 2007, 09:19:37 PM »
before you waste ya time with a 10 page dissertation, it was a rhetorical question

Lol@ "all knowing"...finally yuh true colors coming out.  No 'dissertation' necessary, evident that my sarcasm went way over your insecure little head.

Offline WestCoast

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: October 05, 2007, 10:15:42 PM »
Lol@ "all knowing"...finally yuh true colors coming out.  No 'dissertation' necessary, evident that my sarcasm went way over your insecure little head.
sorry you is de Football Forum sage den......... ;)
I looked in Wikipedia under Bark and Shake the Color Expert, and it came back with this...
"Expert has devoted his career to the field of color science. He uses colorimeters, spectrophotometers, and glossmeters to measure color and gloss, to determine compliance with existing color specification and to set specification and tolerances around them. He is conversant with optical characteristics of materials and can recommend appropriate instruments and their specific use, as well as data handling techniques. He has worked with a variety of materials, including solids and liquids, wet and dry coatings, paints, inks, molded and extruded plastics, textiles, soils, rocks, fruits and vegetables, flowers, oils, glass, ceramics, and porcelains. He provides expert knowledge on almost all aspects of appearance of materials and manufactured products, to include visibility and legibility of signs and signals, as well as safety and high visibility colors. He consults with attorneys and testifies in legal cases as an expert witness. He conducts one- and two-day seminars for a manufacturer of color measuring instruments. He performs topical research for industry over both the short and long term."
 :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:
ya wasssin ya talent on here.....you know that right.....of couse you do........ ;D
and i am an expert on sounds
Lord Chesterfield
(1694 - 1773)

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 05, 2007, 10:36:34 PM »
sorry you is de Football Forum sage den......... ;)
I looked in Wikipedia under Bark and Shake the Color Expert, and it came back with this...
"Expert has devoted his career to the field of color science. He uses colorimeters, spectrophotometers, and glossmeters to measure color and gloss, to determine compliance with existing color specification and to set specification and tolerances around them. He is conversant with optical characteristics of materials and can recommend appropriate instruments and their specific use, as well as data handling techniques. He has worked with a variety of materials, including solids and liquids, wet and dry coatings, paints, inks, molded and extruded plastics, textiles, soils, rocks, fruits and vegetables, flowers, oils, glass, ceramics, and porcelains. He provides expert knowledge on almost all aspects of appearance of materials and manufactured products, to include visibility and legibility of signs and signals, as well as safety and high visibility colors. He consults with attorneys and testifies in legal cases as an expert witness. He conducts one- and two-day seminars for a manufacturer of color measuring instruments. He performs topical research for industry over both the short and long term."
 :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:
ya wasssin ya talent on here.....you know that right.....of couse you do........ ;D
and i am an expert on sounds

You are supremely unfunny...but I'm sure you crack yourself up.

Offline Reaper2004

• Warrior Nation Enforcer
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: October 06, 2007, 12:37:38 PM »
What's the last movie you went to see?
Transformers. I really enjoyed it.

He must be a Optimus Prime fan

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: November 03, 2014, 03:14:01 PM »
Ex-Rangers star Marvin Andrews slammed by gay rights campaigners after claiming homosexuals have 'spirit sickness'
By Chris Clements (Daily Record)

FORMER Rangers star Marvin Andrews has come under fire from gay rights groups after claiming homosexuals have a “spiritual sickness”.

The Trinidad-born defender, now an assistant pastor at a Scots church, made the comments in a passage written for a book by his mentor, Pastor Joe Nwokoye.

Nwokoye attracted ridicule earlier this year when he blamed natural disasters such as floods on God’s anger at gay marriage.

Andrews, 38, wrote: “For a man to see a man or a woman to see a woman in that way is a spiritual sickness and it is the Bible – not Marvin Andrews – that says that is an abomination.

“I am not going to contradict my beliefs. I don’t care if 100,000 people are against me – I’ll stand on the word of God.”

Rob McDowall, chairman of the campaign group LGBT Network, last night described the statement as “odious”.

He said: “I am a strong advocate of free speech and the right to practise one’s religion freely but Marvin Andrews is distorting the teachings of the Bible to justify his intolerance of LGBT persons,.

“What happened to God and God only being the judge?

“While it may suit Andrews to misinterpret 20 verses of the Bible out of around 31,000, Christianity is about love and tolerance.

“It is shameless to manipulate the text of the Bible to justify intolerance of people who are simply wishing to live life as they were born.

“If Marvin is telling me that God no longer loves all of his children … then it is evident we don’t praise the same God.”

Tim Hopkins, of the Equality Network, added: “Tens of thousands of LGBT people in Scotland who are Christians have a very different view to Marvin Andrews.

“Their Christianity is a religion that values love, not exclusion, one that welcomes people who live in loving, supportive families and relationships.”

Andrews works alongside Nwokoye at the Zion Praise Centre in Kirkcaldy.

The footballer – who also had spells with Raith Rovers and Livingston – wrote about his beliefs and his career for Nwokoye’s book, God Will Do It For You.

He insisted he did not hate gay people but believed their behaviour was wrong.

Andrews bizarrely claimed: “There are people who have come to the church saying they are gay but their spirit has changed and they have gone on to get married to a member of the opposite sex.”

Colin Macfarlane, of Stonewall Scotland, said: “The majority of Scots support same-sex marriage and we’re sure that no reasonable person will take these mean-spirited comments seriously.”
The Conquering Lion of Judah shall break every chain.

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: November 03, 2014, 04:12:54 PM »
I am glad to see Marvin has found his new calling as a pastor. But that is as far as it goes.

1]; } ?>