April 29, 2024, 03:28:19 AM

Author Topic: For the Stern Bashers...  (Read 3387 times)

Offline TriniFootballFan

• Jr. Warrior
    • View Profile
For the Stern Bashers...
« on: August 18, 2005, 11:32:17 AM »
Why we Trinis are so quick to turn against our own???

It's one thing to say the man is not performing and should get benched...no can argue with that if he's not producing.

But to call de man half-slab and say he done and he's a shithong or whatever is really, really harsh. This is the same man that everybody on here used to love and call bound to score. De man dat carry Trini on he back in terms of goalscoring rate since he earned his first cap how many years ago. De same man who used to come back WHENEVER he got called up..even for friggin Shell Cup.

Stern was NEVER a turn and take on people kinda fwd who could create chances for himself. He MUST have good service to produce. Who is providing quality service to the fwds on this current team?

Dis is one of the things about my people that hurtful...we love to cry down today de same people we was biggin up yesterday.

Offline Mr Mc

• Hero Warrior
  • Take pride in yuh side!! Vibes it Up!!!
    • View Profile
    • Trini Jungle Juice
Re: For the Stern Bashers...
« Reply #1 on: August 18, 2005, 11:43:56 AM »
Thats how life is, its all about what have you done for me lately.  If you aint scored lately, you aint done nothing, and as such a lil bench time might be best for the team.  As we took no shots lastnight, not too much to cry down, but nobody can dispute the fact that he has wasted some golden chances in many of the recent games, if you messing up at work your employer will complain...

Offline Ngozi

• Hero Warrior
  • Taking my life back! what da f**k you done lately?
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 18, 2005, 11:52:22 AM »
Why we Trinis are so quick to turn against our own???

It's one thing to say the man is not performing and should get benched...no can argue with that if he's not producing.

But to call de man half-slab and say he done and he's a shithong or whatever is really, really harsh. This is the same man that everybody on here used to love and call bound to score. De man dat carry Trini on he back in terms of goalscoring rate since he earned his first cap how many years ago. De same man who used to come back WHENEVER he got called up..even for friggin Shell Cup.

Stern was NEVER a turn and take on people kinda fwd who could create chances for himself. He MUST have good service to produce. Who is providing quality service to the fwds on this current team?

Dis is one of the things about my people that hurtful...we love to cry down today de same people we was biggin up yesterday.

I agree with yuh partnah bout the name calling and stuff but the truth be told scoring goals is not just about creating chances for your forwards as well.....you need to make runs to create space.....chase people to capitalise on errors and things of this nature this game is too multi dimensional to assess from sucha one dimensional perspetive....thats not to say that its not the midfields' job to manufacture opportunities but we cant create everything for him on a platter its hardwork out there ya know my boy spann was battling from the first minute as was york...he have to be in there ya know......but in retrospect he have my support  i want him to get out the slump i'll pray for him because it can affect his livelihood as well if his club wants to get rid of him.......i really wish him well....i just dunno what advice to offer him....just keep yuh head up ya know
« Last Edit: August 18, 2005, 12:12:41 PM by Tallman »

Offline TriniFootballFan

• Jr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 18, 2005, 12:39:23 PM »
Yeah..real good points regarding work ethic, running off the ball etc.
I wish him well too!

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
« Reply #4 on: August 18, 2005, 12:53:58 PM »
YOU HAVE TO EARN YOUR PICK.

Bottom line, he has a job to do and that is score goals, if he cannot perform his duties or even make an impact to cover up his pro-goal-form, then he should not be on the team and this must go for everyone. Some may say well Yorke is't scoring either, however he more than makes up for it, same for Jones or any other forwards we have, they play the field and contribute in other areas, its a team effort, not a man who thinks we have Beckham and Zidane on we team and expecting balls to land on his head for him to score goals. I am not saying we should dump Stern, but I really cant see him starting or making any impact as a sub, I hope he gets better because he was once a machine.

His off the ball runs is also poor, he have to find himself in spaces. Birchall, Spann, Jones and Yorke was the only players making off the balls run and follow-up passes.

Didn't Andrews look GREAT going forward. (Impressive)... according to Tallman, Andrews look like he would have scored because the US thinks he is the last person to grab a ball and run through men and score.
« Last Edit: August 18, 2005, 12:59:20 PM by Flex »
The real measure of a man's character is what he would do if he knew he would never be found out.

Offline FF

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 18, 2005, 01:03:08 PM »
YOU HAVE TO EARN YOUR PICK.

Bottom line, he has a job to do and that is score goals, if he cannot perform his duties or even make an impact to cover up his pro-goal-form, then he should not be on the team and this must go for everyone. Some may say well Yorke is't scoring either, however he more than makes up for it, same for Jones or any other forwards we have, they play the field and contribute in other areas, its a team effort, not a man who thinks we have Beckham and Zidane on we team and expecting balls to land on his head for him to score goals.

His off the ball runs is also poor, he have to find himself in spaces. Birchall, Spann, Jones and Yorke was the only players making off the balls run and follow-up passes.

Didn't Andrews look GREAT going forward. (Impressive)... according to Tallman, Andrews look like he would have socred because the US thinks he is the last person might score.

Yes.. all the Marvin Andrews detractors... he aint have de best technique... but it has improved leaps and bounds since he went to Rangers... He had a woeful first half but as with de whole team, he improved in de second... I see him make some driving runs up de middle and on one occasion... Yorke nearly find him with a thru ball woulda be interesting to see if he have de finishing like lawrence...
Also as a posting... Kelvin Jack make some fantastic saves but as long as he dont have to hold de ball!! Wayyy sahh that man have butter fingers... Allyuh see how much time he drop de ball... plus his distribution is poor.... but he is a shot stopper and ah good one too... I go stand by him...
THE BEATINGS WILL CONTINUE UNTIL MORALE IMPROVES

Offline Jahyouth

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 18, 2005, 01:05:26 PM »

Stern was NEVER a turn and take on people kinda fwd who could create chances for himself. He MUST have good service to produce.

You obviously never saw Sten in his Columbus Crew days.  Obviously not.

Offline futbolfan

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 18, 2005, 01:26:05 PM »

Stern was NEVER a turn and take on people kinda fwd who could create chances for himself. He MUST have good service to produce.

His Columbus Crew days are long gone...Point Blank.... he is a post up player now.... without the proper service he eh go score. Dwight is a post up man too, but de big difference is Dwight can play in de midfield, Stern cannot.
The darkest hour is just before the dawn.

Offline Jahyouth

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 18, 2005, 01:50:21 PM »

His Columbus Crew days are long gone...Point Blank.... he is a post up player now.... without the proper service he eh go score. Dwight is a post up man too, but de big difference is Dwight can play in de midfield, Stern cannot.

I understand that perfectly.  But doh come and say that Stern was NEVER a forward who could turn and take on defenders.  That statement is inaccurate because prior to playing in England, that is precisely what Stern did. 

Offline salt-or-fresh

• New Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 18, 2005, 05:47:30 PM »
how dah man could say we too quick tur turn on we own!
We must be de most tolerant country dat does accept all dat garbage football since NOV 19, 1989.
Keeping de same failing coaches and aging players who play with more passion for dey damn clubs.
We win ah game and we fuhget.

We had maybe 1 shot on goal in 90mins, maybe that's acceptable by the now Trinidad standards...Salt-or-Fresh

Offline dcs

• Hero Warrior
  • T&T 4 COP
    • View Profile
    • Warrior Nation
« Reply #10 on: August 18, 2005, 06:20:57 PM »

I find men like to pamper Stern like he is dey girl child.

He is GROWN MAN dammit.

And grown men do what they have to do and if they know they not producing they don't cry about having to come off or step aside.  Stern knew before they put up his number he was coming off.
Time to forget about the glory days and deal with the present...free himself of any burdens of expectations and deal with what he have to now.  And if he cah take picong bout being half slab...a tame snipe....den Lord help him.  Same fellahs who giving him thunder will give him his props when due so it have no malice in this.

Yes be depressed but how allyuh feeling so sorry for Stern...poor Stern.  Enuff of that shit...leave that for his mum and sisters.

Allyuh feeling sorry for Glenn too?  Go hug him up and make him feel better.
Steupse.

If people take stabs at players and they fair about it then what is the issue?  If it have bad mind ting then call it out.

Offline Tha G.

• Sr. Warrior
  • Anytime is trini time, cyah wait to buss ah lime
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 18, 2005, 07:08:44 PM »
I say, bench stern, cause de man not fit, slowdown and ting.... i say give de youth and dem a chance...ie glen sealy and dat jones, look dey bring on jones and Sealy and it make ah difference. also, let tallman take ah rest too cause he too friggin slow, play sancho or anybody else back there

Offline fordy

• Hero Warrior
  • give thanks!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 18, 2005, 07:09:47 PM »
whey boy...some ah alyuh harsh we!!!! i would admit..stern need to be rested cause his play has been very inconsistant as compared to kenwyne jones; everytime that boy comes on our offense looks lively. now i am one of stern john biggest fans..not only cause ah played with him...but cause as a footballer he is mad gifted. however, it is difficult for a player(especially a striker) to maintain the form he had 2-3 years ago. i dont think he should be banished from the team cause he would be ah positive influence on the young strikers in de squad, but he cant start now...right now the team needs results and he unfortunately is not providing the results.
football...the one true life experience!!!

Offline Tha G.

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 18, 2005, 07:18:59 PM »
true fordy, but admit it, dem young boy and dem make ah difference, I say, stary 2 ah dem next game with yorke in behind dem, hey I play alot of football too, watch also, we need ah wildman on de field, somebody who go tackle anywhere on de field..... especially down de middle....we look alright in de second half, but tanks to Jack and Sancho we eh geh bout 9 in we pwefen

Offline fordy

• Hero Warrior
  • give thanks!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 18, 2005, 07:24:22 PM »
gunman yuh right...ah would start jones and sealy/glenn up front and have yorke behind them...but if we do that then we have to play ah 3-5-2 instead of de 4-4-2 we playin now. de "wildman" in de middle...we have enough of dem in we defense...we need constructive ball-winners in de middle. i would think of playin birchill and theobald along with yorke in de middle....

Offline Tha G.

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: August 18, 2005, 07:31:32 PM »
now yuh talkin, if only Bennie would logon here so we could teack him. ;D... I used to play on ah team and we system was 3....2....3....2

3 all out deff,

2 deff mids who also covered de flanks,
3,  off midds with one who was roamin d from back to foward but not to de wings
2 wingers

and 2 fast Nigerians up fromt

we used to buss people up till we break up de side

Offline fordy

• Hero Warrior
  • give thanks!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 18, 2005, 07:35:35 PM »
that system is quite interesting...but yuh players have to be in top fitness for that to work...especially the 2 defensive midfielders. but is something like that the team needs...

Offline Tha G.

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 18, 2005, 07:40:57 PM »
yeah boy, it used to wok so good, dat I score some nice bullets from de left side of defence... cause I used to overlap like ah mad man. but we was fit like hell also... plus I was de man for corners and throws pon de left.... only 2 throwers... 1 on de left, 1 on de right.. oh we did have real fun.

Offline fordy

• Hero Warrior
  • give thanks!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: August 18, 2005, 07:47:09 PM »
gunman...u sound like de answer for avery..lol

Offline arrow

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: August 18, 2005, 07:53:10 PM »
now yuh talkin, if only Bennie would logon here so we could teack him. ;D... I used to play on ah team and we system was 3....2....3....2

3 all out deff,

2 deff mids who also covered de flanks,
3,  off midds with one who was roamin d from back to foward but not to de wings
2 wingers

and 2 fast Nigerians up fromt

we used to buss people up till we break up de side

My takeaway from your post is we need to import 2 Nigerians to stand any chance

Offline Tha G.

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: August 18, 2005, 07:53:31 PM »
ah wish, but he much better dan me  :P. but realy though, when I play, and ah fell like dem wingers sorf, ah go take ah lil run down de left.... plus, ah makin good mony locking people up in DC and eh play football in bout 2 years.hey, sometimes you hadda play like yuh is ah madman or wah and kick from anywhere on field.....I notice that we also lacking dat too... not one shot from outside de box when man running wit de ball.....yuh know what, send Bennie home leh me coach de team, atleast we go save some money.

Offline fordy

• Hero Warrior
  • give thanks!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: August 18, 2005, 07:57:54 PM »
arrow..we need 2 nigerian like players up front...jones and sealy/glenn..lol

Offline Tha G.

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: August 18, 2005, 08:03:33 PM »
ah mean, A like andresw, but dah man like ah bigstone....but ah still think we need him..... :o....ah mean, we have all de tallent we need, we just cayah harness it like we sopposed too... WE must play more games against big teams europe, S.america..clubs national teams...if we loss all dem, but still win against central america, its all good

Offline fordy

• Hero Warrior
  • give thanks!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: August 18, 2005, 08:28:19 PM »
kinda late to be playin dem games. we suppose to do that since last year or early this year.

Offline Filho

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: August 18, 2005, 09:16:43 PM »
i doh think it dat simple. playing big teams not going to happen when you play at our level. the international fixture calendar done congested and no big team playing us when they could play stiffer competition and work on their games as well. you doh see how teams does bail on us all the time. theey realize that we either not doing anything for them tactically, or it doh make sense economically.

You have to be willing to pay big money to get these teams to come down to TnT, or be capable of generating money through fan interest (ticket sales) and advertising revenue (why TV stations will buy the rights to broadcast the game).....even mediocre European or south American teams doh really want to play us for those same reasons. The strong will, for the most part want to play against the strong (or those with lots of money)....and the weak get stuck wiith the weak. Guess which category we fall into.

1]; } ?>