April 29, 2024, 06:21:05 AM

Author Topic: Dida antics 'wrong', says Milan colleague Kaka  (Read 3183 times)

Offline freakazoid

• best offensive unit= BARCELONA, best defensive= CHELSEA
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Dida antics 'wrong', says Milan colleague Kaka
« on: October 06, 2007, 12:41:47 PM »
Updated: Oct. 6, 2007
Dida antics 'wrong', says Milan colleague Kaka

AC Milan playmaker Kaka has pledged to support under-fire goalkeeper Dida despite admitting his Brazilian countryman was 'wrong' to react the way he did after being struck by a Celtic fan.

Click here
The incident came in the immediate aftermath of Scott McDonald's last-minute winner for the Scottish side in Wednesday's Champions League clash at Parkhead.

The fan, who has since been identified and banned by the club for life, made contact with the goalkeeper who proceeded to briefly give chase before collapsing to the ground theatrically.

After treatment, Dida was carried off on a stretcher with an ice pack on his face.

Kaka, speaking after picking up the FIFPro Player of the Year award, said: 'In Glasgow, Dida did not do well; it was a difficult moment for him.

'He had just suffered a goal, then there was the slap from that fan.

'Dida made his choice and we are close to him even though what he did was wrong.

'The entire team is close to him. In the past he gave us a lot of satisfaction and it's fair that we help him.'

UEFA's control and disciplinary body will deal with the case at their next disciplinary meeting on October 11.

• Meanwhile, AC Milan coach Carlo Ancelotti also said goalkeeper Dida made a mistake in collapsing to the floor after being slapped by a Celtic fan on Wednesday.

UEFA have opened a disciplinary case against the Scottish side after the supporter invaded the pitch and approached Dida following Celtic's last-gasp winner in the 2-1 Champions League victory over the European champions.

The European governing body has also asked Milan why Dida was substituted. There was minimal contact between the fan and the keeper, who initially gave chase before suddenly collapsing to the ground and being carried off.

'In the course of the last few years Dida has demonstrated great sportsmanship and fair play,' Ancelotti said.

'The other night he made an error, I do not know why he did that. I think he has made a mistake but that is that. The doctor could not know the extent of the damage and preferred to avoid any risks.'

Italian media, as well as criticising the Brazilian for his dramatic fall, blamed him for the two Celtic goals and have speculated that Milan are looking for another keeper.

Reports said the European champions nearly bought Juventus keeper Gianluigi Buffon during the close season but were put off by the price. Ancelotti backed Dida for Sunday's Serie A trip to Lazio and denied he was on his way out.

'Dida is the goalkeeper of Milan, the issue is closed and finished,' he added.

Milan, who are struggling in Serie A, have defensive problems for Sunday's game with left back Marek Jankulovski ruled out with a knee injury while Andrea Pirlo, Clarence Seedorf and Massimo Ambrosini are slight doubts.
seek ye 1st the kingdom of God & his righteousness and all these things shall be added unto you

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Dida antics 'wrong', says Milan colleague Kaka
« Reply #1 on: October 06, 2007, 01:32:07 PM »
All ah dem latin players...be it Europe, North America (read Mexico) or South America (especially Brazil and Argentina) love to dive and fake too blasted much.

Offline kicker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 06, 2007, 02:01:41 PM »
All ah dem latin players...be it Europe, North America (read Mexico) or South America (especially Brazil and Argentina) love to dive and fake too blasted much.

Would be interesting to hear how you figured that

The worst diving displays I've seen are the Italians (in general) & the Germans in the 90's... Klinsmann is probably the most renowned diver in the modern game- and he treats his rep with a good sense of humor which is probably an admission of guilt. Other than him Drogba & Lehman come to mind as having a penchant for unnecessary dramatics...

Brazil is notorious for gamesmanship, but gross faking displays such as Dida & Rivaldo are more the exception than the norm....I'd be hard pressed to find instances to substantiate allegations of extreme faking from the Argentines..I think their current crop of players- Tevez & co. do a good job of staying on their feet under harsh challenges. Same for Mexico IMO. In South America the worst example of faking I recall was the Chilean keeper cutting his own face with a razor blade in the dressing room to give the impression that a flare thrown on the field in a WC 90 qualifier against Brazil had injured him. Chile got severly punished for that. Can't think of any Brazilian or Argentine behavior that was that extreme.

The Americans & the Brits stand out in my mind as the most honest when it comes to taking a flop, and being unnecessarily dramatic.

I think Dida should publicly apologize and even request that the life long ban be lifted off the Celtic spectator...that was just rediculous on his part.
Live life 90 minutes at a time....Football is life.......

Offline Big Magician

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 06, 2007, 02:14:58 PM »
Dida is a cacahole
Little Magician is King.......ask Jorge Campos

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 06, 2007, 03:17:16 PM »

Would be interesting to hear how you figured that

The worst diving displays I've seen are the Italians (in general) & the Germans in the 90's... Klinsmann is probably the most renowned diver in the modern game- and he treats his rep with a good sense of humor which is probably an admission of guilt. Other than him Drogba & Lehman come to mind as having a penchant for unnecessary dramatics...

Brazil is notorious for gamesmanship, but gross faking displays such as Dida & Rivaldo are more the exception than the norm....I'd be hard pressed to find instances to substantiate allegations of extreme faking from the Argentines..I think their current crop of players- Tevez & co. do a good job of staying on their feet under harsh challenges. Same for Mexico IMO. In South America the worst example of faking I recall was the Chilean keeper cutting his own face with a razor blade in the dressing room to give the impression that a flare thrown on the field in a WC 90 qualifier against Brazil had injured him. Chile got severly punished for that. Can't think of any Brazilian or Argentine behavior that was that extreme.

The Americans & the Brits stand out in my mind as the most honest when it comes to taking a flop, and being unnecessarily dramatic.

I think Dida should publicly apologize and even request that the life long ban be lifted off the Celtic spectator...that was just rediculous on his part.
Me ent 'figure' nutten...ah didn't count de number of dives with no abacus and didn't gauge the breath of the diving with no caliper...is pure opinion we talking here.  And in my opinion Latin players like to fake too much.  All dem words you type up dey ent changing or countering dat.  All you showing is that they're not the only ones doing it.

I'll still indulge yuh though...I surprise fuh ah man who does watch La Liga agua all de time that you aksin man tuh substantiate charges of diving, lol

Maxi Rodriguez pick up ah yellow against Germany in the WC last year fuh diving in de box.  I also seem to remember the same happening to Crespo against England in that infamous 98 game...need we even talk about de 'kick' from Beckham?  Maradona, as tough on the ball as he was,  was also infamous for falling and rolling arung when challenged near the box.  Of course no need to bring in talk of cheating in general...we know he and Messi woulda sure win dat crown.

Need I mention Ariel Ortega...or god-forbid, Batigol?  You must never see dem men and dem play ball.

Want more proof?  Iaquinta flop and throw dong heself in de box when Juve played Livorno two months ago.  barely ah breeze blow on him. 

You saying de Brazilians known fuh 'gamesmanship'...what is dat specifically...and how dat different from "faking and diving" as I call it?  Nobody said anything about 'gross' faking btw...however you want to categorize it, it happens and it happens a lot.

Not sure what yuh mean by this though

Either they being 'most honest' or they good at flopping, not sure which one yuh trying to say.  At any rate you'd be hard-pressed to make the claim that the English players love to dive and fake...b/c if anyone is known for deriding that type of behavior it's the English.  The Americans?  Can't say that I can think of any specific examples...they are clumsy if anything, but diligent and even when carrying man on dey back they'll still fight and try and get to the ball...from my perspective.

Offline Observer

• Hero Warrior
  • The best gift for a footballer is Intelligence ---
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 06, 2007, 03:24:55 PM »

What about German players. Friggin Klinsman was ah dam Pelican and all of dem does dive like hell. Drogba? Baros? Nedved? I could go on  ;D
To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead
                                              Thomas Paine

Offline WestCoast

• The obvious is that which is never seen until someone expresses it simply
  • Hero Warrior
  • "Let We Do What We Normally Does" :)
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 06, 2007, 04:04:51 PM »
What about German players. Friggin Klinsman was ah dam Pelican and all of dem does dive like hell. Drogba? Baros? Nedved? I could go on  ;D
allya remember those "little jointed animals on plastic bases, small and cheap and often given away at birthday parties. Holding one of these in your hand, you'd push up on the bottom of the base with a finger. The tension holding the animal up would slacken, and it would collapse drunkenly onto its base. Then you'd let go, and it would pop up again. "
dais how dem Germans used to be on de field. :devil: :devil:
Whatever you do, do it to the purpose; do it thoroughly, not superficially. Go to the bottom of things. Any thing half done, or half known, is in my mind, neither done nor known at all. Nay, worse, for it often misleads.
Lord Chesterfield
(1694 - 1773)

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 06, 2007, 04:40:27 PM »

De relative merits of that aside dat eh absolving dem latin dem from all de flopping dey duz carry orn wid.  Juss last night in dat Ricardo Clark suspension thread man was ketching kicks off ah Ruiz.  Clark pelt ah kick and ketch him in he rib and shoulder area.  De man roll roll rolll...pause....roll some more.  Den get up holding he head and checking fuh blood.  Five mins later Clark in de shower and Ruiz running arung normal normal.

Offline freakazoid

• best offensive unit= BARCELONA, best defensive= CHELSEA
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 06, 2007, 05:35:06 PM »
i saw the  top ten simulations of all time  last night. have to admit it make me dislike football for just that brief moment. one can be lead to believe that machines play rugby
 by the way the goalie who faked getting hit by the flare was #1 and yes dida made the list with his theatrics from his last game
seek ye 1st the kingdom of God & his righteousness and all these things shall be added unto you

Offline kicker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 06, 2007, 05:36:29 PM »
Either they being 'most honest' or they good at flopping, not sure which one yuh trying to say.  At any rate you'd be hard-pressed to make the claim that the English players love to dive and fake...b/c if anyone is known for deriding that type of behavior it's the English.  The Americans?  Can't say that I can think of any specific examples...they are clumsy if anything, but diligent and even when carrying man on dey back they'll still fight and try and get to the ball...from my perspective.

I was agreeing that the English and the Americans don't appear to delve as much into the over-dramatics...That's what I meant by being honest....

And yeah, I wasn't saying that the Latins don't, just saying as you said, they're not the only ones, and in fact, some of the more notorious divers that I think of off the bat are non-Latin, and that I've seen alot of exemplary honest play from the Latin region as well (including & especially Brazil and Argentina that you singled out)....Like ah say, I was just interested to hear your perspective (and I gave mine)....thanks- wasn't tryin' tuh start no debate because we ent even really talkin' opinions- we just fishing up anectdotal evidence that's all historical and factual, and that could go on til we're both dead and gone  :beermug:
« Last Edit: October 06, 2007, 05:40:35 PM by kicker »
Live life 90 minutes at a time....Football is life.......

Offline Filho

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 06, 2007, 06:56:16 PM »
I eh go lie..of all the football I watch, Trinis have to be the most honest footballers. At least on the international scene. I can't recall any T&T player trying to buy a penalty with a flop or fake ah injury to get a man sent off. I could be wrong, but that is based on my experience. In fact, I think the average Caribbean footballer is ah really honest fella. After that, I will probably say the Aussies and the Yanks more honest than the rest. The Aussies moreso. Dem fellas made real hard and take pride in being resilient. If a man faking, his own teammates will pull him up right there on the field....Harry Kewell being the exception. In Europe, the Brits like to play they honest, but they could dive with the best of them. I give them credit in that they doh usually embellish and roll around like they just get shot in they testicles when they get the slightest of touches. But they catch the diving bug and have joined the rest in flopping too much. At least they usually get back up and get on with it. Of course I just generalizing...but to be honest, I find our T&T footabllers represent us well in term of fairplay and honesty.

Offline dinho

• Hero Warrior
  • Yesterday is Yesterday and Today is Today!
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 06, 2007, 07:09:56 PM »
yeah but the english hypocritical with it too...

especially mr. steven gerrard...

that boy is de first to bawl he despise the whole diving culture, blah blah blah and yet he take some notable tumbles...

just search "gerrard dive" on youtube and you will see a catalogue of his best flops...

i remember a game against hungary, he make ah blatant dive for a penalty and the commentators at half time were ian wright and alan shearer.. fellahs who regularly lambast de foreigners for diving.. if you see dem men.. hear them nuh, "well... errr, if everyone else does it why not us"..

Offline Coop's

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 06, 2007, 07:19:55 PM »
To me it have nothing honest in sports today,every sport have something they always doing to win,sports today have the most coruption etc etc is alawys some new drink,shoes,rules being implimented etc etc this all because of the money involved,yes i agree our Footballers/Caribbean players are honest but how far has it gotten us,the leagues that we rate the best in the world are where they do and try everything possible top be on top,the thing is what do we want honest players that taking bat and don't retaliate or players that taking risk that make a game exciting.        

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 06, 2007, 08:28:51 PM »
Like ah say, I was just interested to hear your perspective (and I gave mine)....thanks- wasn't tryin' tuh start no debate because we ent even really talkin' opinions- we just fishing up anectdotal evidence that's all historical and factual, and that could go on til we're both dead and gone  :beermug:

I just giving you talk wid de abacus and slide rule and thing man, lol  :beermug:

1]; } ?>