April 26, 2024, 04:45:51 AM

Author Topic: Findley invited to US training camp  (Read 9462 times)

Offline Daft Trini

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Findley invited to US training camp
« Reply #30 on: October 17, 2007, 02:00:00 PM »
He's on the bench today vs Switzerland.

Yuh feel dey stupid...
He becoming an American today... today.. self!!

You mean he couldn't make we Gold Cup side... steups I damn vex oui..

look for a cobo sweat...

cayr beliebe that the US already played 17 int frndlys this year already :-(

Offline Cowen

• Hero Warrior
  • Conquer without risk is to triumph without Glory
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: October 17, 2007, 02:23:43 PM »
Findley on wth 2 mins to go ..... talk done. The man is a US Striker.

US leading 1-0

:beermug:
Attended Mad Mad University
Studied Madology
Obtained a Mad Mad Degree

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: October 17, 2007, 02:24:25 PM »

Yuh feel dey stupid...

look for a cobo sweat...

So said, so done. He come orn in de 90th minute. Well, now it go have one less name in de "Trinis in Action" threads. After two years of following dis fella, it is time tuh say sayonara.
The Conquering Lion of Judah shall break every chain.

Offline Andre

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: October 17, 2007, 02:26:59 PM »
-1 = kamani hill
-2 = robbie findley

next?

Offline kounty

• Hero Warrior
  • Truthfulness is brighter than the light of the sun
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: October 17, 2007, 02:29:00 PM »

Yuh feel dey stupid...

look for a cobo sweat...

So said, so done. He come orn in de 90th minute. Well, now it go have one less name in de "Trinis in Action" threads. After two years of following dis fella, it is time tuh say sayonara.

well daiz it dey...good luck Findley!

Offline ZANDOLIE

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: October 17, 2007, 02:42:26 PM »
Steups. Patterson next.
Sacred cows make the best hamburger

Offline Trini _2026

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: October 17, 2007, 02:44:08 PM »
 tuff luck fuh findley dey cause dat it fuh he in that usa national team set up fuh ah while .. with guy like jozzy altidore johan smith comming up combine with london hill curits davis ....  best of luck to him
« Last Edit: October 17, 2007, 04:54:24 PM by Trini _2010 »
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4</a>

Offline Big Magician

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: October 17, 2007, 02:51:32 PM »
good luck to him....tnt ....he go have to take some blade here then....
Little Magician is King.......ask Jorge Campos

Offline Midknight

• Midknight
  • Hero Warrior
  • President of the Reality Check Commitee
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: October 17, 2007, 03:17:38 PM »
-1 = kamani hill
-2 = robbie findley

next?

Quavas Kirk get he senior call up already ?
Go Black if you want Jack to Track Back! I support all Soca Warriors - Red, White and Blacklisted.

D baddest SW compilation ever

Offline Dinner Mints

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Cory Thomas: Illustration and Design
« Reply #39 on: October 17, 2007, 04:04:20 PM »
Honest question: Is he any better than what we already have?

Offline palos

• Hero Warrior
  • Test
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: October 17, 2007, 04:24:20 PM »
Bet yuh he never get call again.
Carlos "The Rolls Royce" Edwards

Offline FireBrand

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: October 17, 2007, 04:30:52 PM »

Is not about now.... De man was a prospect for the future. For all yuh know he may turn out to be the US most prolific scorer. With ah scruntin' player pool we need all the options we could get. 

All the best Findley!
Warrior Nation Member At Large

Offline ZANDOLIE

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: October 17, 2007, 04:49:25 PM »
Is Edson Elcock eligable to play for the US as well?

Offline Trini _2026

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: October 17, 2007, 04:57:08 PM »

He could have challenged for a spot ah think funny thing is that a man who get drop form the under 21 squad about 2 years back could get a call usa national team now and we under 21 could not even beat grenada
« Last Edit: October 17, 2007, 05:07:30 PM by Trini _2010 »
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4</a>

Offline royal

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: October 17, 2007, 05:24:20 PM »
you'll know US master do dem things to block a player.It almost as a team signing a player just because dey do want him to go to a another tieam,just in case dey need him in de future It boils down to the individual player and de stupidity of de TTFF.From what I see I cyar blame the federation alone but who put dem there.De whole football fraternity in TnT not interested in the beautiful game.Dey more interested in what can I... I.... I..... get from de game.   

Offline elan

• Go On ......Get In There!!!!!!!!
  • Hero Warrior
  • WaRRioR fOr LiFe!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #45 on: October 17, 2007, 07:32:12 PM »
When we go learn? ???
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4</a>

Offline Filho

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: October 17, 2007, 09:23:21 PM »
Under all the old talk..the man didn't really sound like he enjoy his Under 21 training camp experience with T&T. He said he was honored for the call up and would be honored for any future call ups..But he was diplomatic in saying he didn't really fit in and he didn't really enjoy it (something to that effect). I don't know if we really lose a player. I might be very wrong cuz I doh have too much info, but from what little I have, he didn't seem to want to play for us...so no big loss. I wish him all the best. Woulda be nice to have him play for us..but you can't lose what yuh never really had

Offline Daft Trini

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: October 17, 2007, 09:29:10 PM »
Forget him, hardest back in training.... ;D

Offline Trini _2026

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: October 17, 2007, 09:47:43 PM »
Under all the old talk..the man didn't really sound like he enjoy his Under 21 training camp experience with T&T. He said he was honored for the call up and would be honored for any future call ups..But he was diplomatic in saying he didn't really fit in and he didn't really enjoy it (something to that effect). I don't know if we really lose a player. I might be very wrong cuz I doh have too much info, but from what little I have, he didn't seem to want to play for us...so no big loss. I wish him all the best. Woulda be nice to have him play for us..but you can't lose what yuh never really had

this is his comments

You have dual citizenship with the U.S. and Trinidad & Tobago, and have taken part in a T&T U-23 national team camp. Do you have a future playing for their national team?

“Both my mom and dad were born there, so that let me get dual citizenship. When I went there and tried out, it was hard for me, because it seemed like a lot of the players that were invited already knew the coaches and were residents of Trinidad & Tobago. It was tough for me because I didn’t know anyone. I’m not too sure what’s going to happen in the future. It would be nice to get called up to play with them down the line.”

Offline Winnipeg Fury

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: October 18, 2007, 07:40:58 AM »

Agreed. 

A really stupid move on Findley's part.  T&T made the last World Cup, and he could play a significant role with the country.

He has just kiilled his international career.

TrinInfinite

« Reply #50 on: October 18, 2007, 08:29:29 AM »

Agreed.

A really stupid move on Findley's part. T&T made the last World Cup, and he could play a significant role with the country.

u make a good point, but really and truly, do we really have room for findley on the team? we have jones, roberts,scotland and stern still... where will findley fit, doh get me wrong i like him alot as a player but which squad he making? ??? roberts at top level football, jones also, stern still at championship and scotland bussin net regular, on the verge of promotion, so really, where we putting findley? I doubt we selecting 5 strikers for the world cup... not to mention glen....

God is de BOSS....

Offline Dinner Mints

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Cory Thomas: Illustration and Design
« Reply #51 on: October 18, 2007, 08:36:04 AM »

Agreed.

A really stupid move on Findley's part. T&T made the last World Cup, and he could play a significant role with the country.

u make a good point, but really and truly, do we really have room for findley on the team? we have jones, roberts,scotland and stern still... where will findley fit, doh get me wrong i like him alot as a player but which squad he making? ??? roberts at top level football, jones also, stern still at championship and scotland bussin net regular, on the verge of promotion, so really, where we putting findley? I doubt we selecting 5 strikers for the world cup... not to mention glen....

God is de BOSS....
Also Sealy, who playing just as well in de same MLS as Findley. Daz why I wondering why men vex so. I understand the more the merrier. But we eh really miss out on no big piece of the puzzle. If he was a promising defender or midfielder, then I'd be vex.

TrinInfinite

« Reply #52 on: October 18, 2007, 08:37:38 AM »

Agreed.

God is de BOSS....
Also Sealy, who playing just as well in de same MLS as Findley. Daz why I wondering why men vex so. I understand the more the merrier. But we eh really miss out on no big piece of the puzzle. If he was a promising defender or midfielder, then I'd be vex.

exactly breddah... :beermug: :applause: we struggling in the mid and backline and man studying about we frontline when we already overloaded.. ::)

God is de BOSS

Offline ZANDOLIE

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: October 18, 2007, 08:51:15 AM »

God is de BOSS....

IMHO...

1) Either or all of Scotty, Roberts and Jones can be injured/out of form. Who knows what will happen with Glen. We need depth in such cases
2) Findley has not reached his peak yet. Who is to say he won't develop into the best? What are his midfield capabilites? Can he do a Yorke, or a reverse of Jones?
3) We can use his speed on the wings, especially our left if our crucial wingers injured/out of form
4) We don't need men strutting on the field with a sense of entitlement, feel they own the position and don't have to work for it
5) Secret weapon rocket launcher, Findley has speed he could "Cornell" an unsuspecting team
6) Findley more likely to get a run with us than with the U.S.
7) Having depth when the big guns can't play will help us maintain or even imporve our rankings.

With our population and administration and coaching, we need all the help we can get.

Peace

Offline Sando

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: October 18, 2007, 10:00:37 AM »
Seeing that he came on for 2 mins... does that count as a cap ? its a friendly so he can still change his mind, if we still want him though....

We had more T&T players on the USA team that we have their players on our team...

24-Marcus Hahnemann (18-Brad Guzan, 46); 6-Steve Cherundolo, 22-Oguchi Onyewu (2-Dan Califf, 46), 3-Carlos Bocanegra (Capt.), 7-Eddie Lewis (9-Danny Szetela, 84); 5-Benny Feilhaber, 13-Maurice Edu, 4-Michael Bradley,17-DaMarcus Beasley (11-Heath Pearce, 31); 20-Taylor Twellman (25-Freddy Adu, 77), 8-Clint Dempsey (29-Robbie Findley, 90).

Offline Winnipeg Fury

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: October 18, 2007, 01:00:45 PM »

Agreed.

God is de BOSS....

exactly breddah... :beermug: :applause: we struggling in the mid and backline and man studying about we frontline when we already overloaded.. ::)

God is de BOSS

Yes, but how old are those other strikers ?  Are any as young as Findley ?  If there is one thing T&T has always been blessed with, it's a wealth of strikers, so perhaps he will not be missed. 

Any new striker busting into MLS has the odds stacked against him in the long term, but if he can maintain playing time and develop, he will be invaluable and could possibly develop into another Stern, yorke, etc.....with age on his side, anything can happen.

1]; } ?>