March 28, 2024, 04:18:48 PM

Author Topic: Findley invited to US training camp  (Read 9382 times)

Offline tempo

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
Findley invited to US training camp
« on: October 09, 2007, 05:06:33 PM »
USA Training Roster Named
U.S. Coach Bob Bradley has invited 21 players to training camp prior to the Switzerland friendly next Wednesday in Basel. The final game-day roster will be unveiled early next week. Some intriguing selections, indeed. Nice to see Robbie Findley and Maurice Edu, as well as several U-20 lads, get a look.

GOALKEEPERS: Marcus Hahnemann (Reading FC), Tally Hall (Esbjerg), Chris Seitz (Real Salt Lake).

DEFENDERS: Carlos Bocanegra (Fulham FC), Steve Cherundolo (Hannover 96), Dan Califf (Aalborg BK), Jay Demerit (Watford FC), Oguchi Onyewu (Standard de Liege), Heath Pearce (Hansa Rostock), Steve Purdy (1860 Munich).

MIDFIELDERS: Freddy Adu (SL Benfica), DaMarcus Beasley (Glasgow Rangers), Michael Bradley (SC Heerenveen), Maurice Edu (Toronto FC), Benny Feilhaber (Derby County), Eddie Lewis (Derby County), Danny Szetela (Racing Santander).

FORWARDS: Clint Dempsey (Fulham FC), Robbie Findley (Real Salt Lake), Preston Zimmerman (Hamburger SV), Sal Zizzo (Hannover 96).

"This is a great opportunity to gather many of our European-based players to have some quality time together, with the reward at the end of it being a match against a very good Switzerland team," said Bradley. "We are continuing to develop our team as World Cup qualifying approaches, and this week gives us another good chance to integrate more players into our system."

Offline Trini _2026

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Findley invited to US training camp
« Reply #1 on: October 09, 2007, 05:07:50 PM »
Lord he get a call up to the national team ......... look how we stick now ...... we cannot even get a game  best ah luck to findley....... oh the TTFF ......

so tempo what is the scoop on the next friendly ..... IT STILL HAPPENING :devil:
« Last Edit: October 09, 2007, 05:13:31 PM by Trini _2010 »
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4</a>

Offline Trini Madness

• Heart....miles and miles of heart
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 09, 2007, 05:17:30 PM »
not good...
A dream you don't fight for will haunt you for the rest of your life.

Offline ZANDOLIE

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 09, 2007, 05:18:33 PM »
At this point I no longer believe its the TTFF fault that he has not showed up for T&T training. It MUST be because the TTFF has invited him but he refused to come. Even the TTFF cannot be so incompetent as to blatantly ignore he and Randi Patterson so long.
Sacred cows make the best hamburger

Offline Storeboy

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 09, 2007, 05:43:51 PM »
I said that was going to happen months ago.  He may never make  USA team but if they play him in these upcoming games, neither will he ever be available to us.
Never, never, ever give up! Go T&T Warriors!

Offline Trini _2026

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 09, 2007, 05:44:59 PM »
http://www.mlsnet.com//news/team_news.jsp?ymd=20071009&content_id=122271&vkey=pr_rsl&fext=.jsp&team=t121

Two RSL players named to U.S. Men's team
Seitz and Findley added to initial roster to train in Europe for Switzerland match

Meanwhile, the invite for Findley marks his first-ever call-up to a U.S. National Team on any level. However, that doesn't mean the services of the 22-year-old Oregon State product were not in high demand, as he had trained during the offseason with the Trinidad & Tobago Under-23 National Team and was still on the Soca Warriors' radar. Since Findley did not earn a senior "cap" with Trinidad & Tobago, where his parents were born and raised, he remained eligible to participate with the U.S. program, for which he will attempt to make his first appearance next week against Switzerland. Findley joins the U.S. camp as the leading scorer among MLS rookies with seven, five of which have come in an RSL uniform, making him the Utah side's co-leading scorer.

"It's definitely an honor to represent the United States in this training camp. It's a dream come true, really," Findley said. "Growing up I was always wanted to represent the U.S. on the field and now I'm going into this camp and looking to make a statement and earn more opportunities.

"It was a tough decision because my family grew up and was raised in Trinidad & Tobago, but I was raised here in the U.S. and that played a big part in it, and that's why I went with this decision," continued Findley. "There will be some guys there that have been through this and I'll be looking to learn from them. I'm looking forward to some good, challenging training sessions; meeting the other guys in the camp; and gaining as much experience as possible."

« Last Edit: October 09, 2007, 05:55:16 PM by Trini _2010 »
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4</a>

Offline ZANDOLIE

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 09, 2007, 06:01:12 PM »
Trini 2010. It is impossible for a football organization to be as stupid as the TTFF is. Therefore the TTFF is not as stupid as it seems. ::)

Serously they could form an olympic team to beat Cuba and beat Barbados senior team with all the players that they left out, not including the senior warriors.

Carlon Murray, Findley, Shakes, Yohance Marshall, Jason Devenish, Patterson, Hyland, Richard Roy, Peltier, Makan Hislop, Josimar Belgrave, Abu Bahkr. Some are due to injuries or what not but lord almighty....enough is enough. Oh lord they cyah even call up Oral Bullen! :rotfl:

Big.....fat....STEUPS

Offline Dinner Mints

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Cory Thomas: Illustration and Design
« Reply #7 on: October 09, 2007, 06:15:19 PM »
Do we really need more forwards, though? It'd be nice to have him, but me eh really see it as a big loss.

Offline ZANDOLIE

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 09, 2007, 06:22:39 PM »
Do we really need more forwards, though? It'd be nice to have him, but me eh really see it as a big loss.

??? 

breds we need ALL the help we can get, especially in depth for 2010.

Offline 1-868

• Hero Warrior
  • Haters love me
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 09, 2007, 06:34:28 PM »
Findley ever indicated he wanted to play for the red black and white???
Phenomenal, lovely atmosphere.

Offline Trini _2026

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 09, 2007, 06:50:41 PM »
Findley ever indicated he wanted to play for the red black and white???

mr man the youth was part of ah under 21 camp...down here

Offline black chinee

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 09, 2007, 07:06:03 PM »
geeze and ages.... why we does play de @$$ so...... we go wait till 4weeks b4 de WC qualifiers tuh start thinking about 2010

Offline Dinner Mints

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 09, 2007, 09:20:24 PM »

??? 

breds we need ALL the help we can get, especially in depth for 2010.
I agree. The more depth in each position, the better. But I woulda be more distraught if we did miss out on a promising defender or midfielder. That is where we really shallow.

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 09, 2007, 10:01:28 PM »
4 wks at present go b real planning d olympic team eh get so long
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline just cool

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 10, 2007, 12:24:26 AM »
I saw that comming a long time ago,  but yuh know what's really funny, i don't blame him,  after all , who the fack wants to play for a federation that's lazy, lying, vindictive, disruptive, dishonest, ungrateful, maniacal, backward, incompetent, disrespectful to their players, uncommitted, and selfdistructive. can anyone blame him. i know i can't. good luck R. Finley. i wont be supprise if the rest of the WC team said shove off to the ttff, and end their international career on that note. SA 2010 looking pretty bleak right about now, i wont be to supprise if we don't even get to the final 6, since men would not play with their heart and soul BC of the shyte they had to under go after the WC. LORD please rid us of this bummy addministration and replace them with competant people who care ah whole lot bout we football.

PS, if i forgot any negative adjectives please feel free to post them.                 positive.
The pen is mightier than the sword, Africa for Africans home and abroad.Trinidad is not my home just a pit stop, Africa is my destination,final destination the MOST HIGH.

Offline FF

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: October 10, 2007, 07:40:30 AM »
I saw that comming a long time ago,  

Ray Charles see that coming and he blind... and dead... RIP Ray Charles
THE BEATINGS WILL CONTINUE UNTIL MORALE IMPROVES

Offline Trini _2026

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: October 10, 2007, 07:58:37 AM »
well he eh make the final roster yet people

Offline arrow

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 11, 2007, 04:34:57 AM »

Yeah hopefully he ent good enough to make a 2nd string US 18-man squad...then he could jump right into our starting lineup
« Last Edit: October 11, 2007, 04:37:35 AM by arrow »

Offline Dinner Mints

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: October 11, 2007, 06:05:00 AM »

Yeah hopefully he ent good enough to make a 2nd string US 18-man squad...then he could jump right into our starting lineup
lol.

Offline Filho

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: October 11, 2007, 11:31:17 AM »
Interesting article about how the US also lets players slip thru.

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2007/writers/luis_bueno/10/10/castillo.mexico/index.html

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: October 11, 2007, 12:15:10 PM »

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2007/writers/luis_bueno/10/10/castillo.mexico/index.html
Good sleuth work...knowing the character that is Hugo I wouldn't put it beyond him to just do this to keep pardna from the Americans.  Unless there really is something special about this kid he won't be a fixture, the Mexican pool too deep.

Offline Trini _2026

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: October 11, 2007, 01:28:12 PM »

Good sleuth work...knowing the character that is Hugo I wouldn't put it beyond him to just do this to keep pardna from the Americans.  Unless there really is something special about this kid he won't be a fixture, the Mexican pool too deep.

Findley played his youth soccer for the national powerhouse Sereno Golden Eagles. With Sereno, he won eight consecutive Arizona state championships, four Region IV championships, and reached the prestigious Dallas Cup finals. Sereno also competed in the USYSA National Championships in three straight years: 2002, 2003 and 2004. Findley was awarded the Golden Boot at the 2003 National Championships as Sereno took second place

If you check findley bio he has been overlooked by the US at youth level  ........  but bradley it seems making sure to cap him so he dont fall through the cracks ........

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Robbie_Findley

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: October 11, 2007, 02:49:42 PM »

Findley played his youth soccer for the national powerhouse Sereno Golden Eagles. With Sereno, he won eight consecutive Arizona state championships, four Region IV championships, and reached the prestigious Dallas Cup finals. Sereno also competed in the USYSA National Championships in three straight years: 2002, 2003 and 2004. Findley was awarded the Golden Boot at the 2003 National Championships as Sereno took second place

If you check findley bio he has been overlooked by the US at youth level  ........  but bradley it seems making sure to cap him so he dont fall through the cracks ........

Findley also been overlooked by TTFF because clearly they had an opportunity to cap him earlier and didn't see it fit.

TrinInfinite

« Reply #23 on: October 11, 2007, 03:47:42 PM »

Findley also been overlooked by TTFF because clearly they had an opportunity to cap him earlier and didn't see it fit.

corection, wim had a chance to cap him and didnt..

God is de BOSS...

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: October 11, 2007, 04:03:26 PM »

corection, wim had a chance to cap him and didnt..

God is de BOSS...
is there a difference? ???

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: October 11, 2007, 04:49:23 PM »
I don't blame Findley at all. The TTFF ain't playing no practice games. The boy was in limbo. The TTFF is in a state of confusion. He don't want to be in that. He chose the next best thing.

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: October 17, 2007, 01:01:47 PM »
He's on the bench today vs Switzerland.
The Conquering Lion of Judah shall break every chain.

Offline Daft Trini

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: October 17, 2007, 01:35:53 PM »

Yeah I heard he is playing, not so sure but....

Offline FF

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: October 17, 2007, 01:38:40 PM »

Yuh feel dey stupid...
He becoming an American today... today.. self!!

You mean he couldn't make we Gold Cup side... steups I damn vex oui..
THE BEATINGS WILL CONTINUE UNTIL MORALE IMPROVES

Offline Midknight

• Midknight
  • Hero Warrior
  • President of the Reality Check Commitee
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: October 17, 2007, 01:54:42 PM »

Yuh feel dey stupid...
He becoming an American today... today.. self!!

You mean he couldn't make we Gold Cup side... steups I damn vex oui..

look for a cobo sweat...
Go Black if you want Jack to Track Back! I support all Soca Warriors - Red, White and Blacklisted.

D baddest SW compilation ever

1]; } ?>