April 27, 2024, 04:36:39 AM

Author Topic: [U-23] Winning Cuba advance  (Read 1516 times)

Offline E-man

• Hero Warrior
  • Support all Warriors. Red, White and Blacklisted.
    • View Profile
    • T&T Football History
[U-23] Winning Cuba advance
« on: October 11, 2007, 11:23:43 PM »
Winning Cuba advance
Ian Prescott (Express)

Friday, October 12th 2007

VICTORY TO CUBA: Cuba's Roberto Balmaseda, right, a teammate and a Grenada player climb in the air for a cross-ball during yesterday's Olympic qualifying clash at the Marvin Lee Stadium, in Macoya. Cuba won 2-1 to advance to the next stage of qualifying.

CUBA advanced to the CONCACAF final round of qualifying for the 2008 Olympic Games Football Tournament when they scored a hard-fought 2-1 victory over Grenada, at the Marvin Lee Stadium, in Macoya, last night.

Grenada gave Cuba more of a fight than anticipated, holding the favourites 1-1 at the halfway stage.

Roberto Balmaseda gave Cuba a predictable lead in the 15th minute of the match but, when Grenada were expected to fold tamely, they found an equaliser in the 24th minute, Lyndon Antoine stroking the ball past goal-keeper Jose Miranda.

After several missed chances in the second half, Cuba eventually restored their lead in the 67th minute when Balmaseda slipped in a corner kick.

Grenada's Shane Rennie was given a gift of a chance to equalise in the 75th minute but put the ball over the bar with just the Cuban keeper to beat.

The series continues tomorrow at the Marvin Lee Stadium, where Trinidad and Tobago face Grenada at five p.m. However, the match is of academic interest since the Cubans, 3-0 winners against T&T on Tuesday, have already advanced to the next stage of the Olympic qualifying competition. -Ian Prescott

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: [U-23] Winning Cuba advance
« Reply #1 on: October 11, 2007, 11:34:56 PM »
It look like we Grenadian cousins go beat oui
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline Midknight

• Midknight
  • Hero Warrior
  • President of the Reality Check Commitee
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 11, 2007, 11:42:37 PM »
Winning Cuba advance
Grenada's Shane Rennie was given a gift of a chance to equalise in the 75th minute but put the ball over the bar with just the Cuban keeper to beat.

Grenada is a real small place. I sure I could find he house next time i go to see mih family over there. Is one big stone for he.

And after he, is McComie and Van Deisen turn :devil:
Go Black if you want Jack to Track Back! I support all Soca Warriors - Red, White and Blacklisted.

D baddest SW compilation ever

Offline Ngozi

• Hero Warrior
  • Taking my life back! what da f**k you done lately?
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 12, 2007, 05:10:26 AM »
Looks like grenada show more fight than we did and we were playin at home. McCormie have an excuse for that too....shittong

Offline RGarcia

• Forward To Mid-Field to Defense
  • Hero Warrior
  • Who Jah bless, no man curse!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 12, 2007, 08:00:55 AM »
Winning Cuba advance

Grenada is a real small place. I sure I could find he house next time i go to see mih family over there. Is one big stone for he.

And after he, is McComie and Van Deisen turn :devil:
yeah thats my real partner we went to college together last yeah he live in Grenville lol  :devil: no Really!
All American

1]; } ?>