April 24, 2024, 05:52:32 AM

Author Topic: National Football Teams!  (Read 3436 times)

Offline Diambars

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
National Football Teams!
« on: October 12, 2007, 11:42:04 AM »
Why system snd style does the Trinidad & Tobago national teams play ... do we use the same system and style with every team or is that left up to each coach?

Offline Diambars

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: National Football Teams!
« Reply #1 on: October 12, 2007, 02:26:19 PM »
Does the lack of response mean no body knows ... that was my point though.

Offline najee

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 12, 2007, 02:35:08 PM »
guys i really don't...but what ever style this team or any other team at the national level is playing...sink...and it doesn't work cause they keep losing all the time

Offline Diambars

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 12, 2007, 02:54:13 PM »
I know there a lot of football buffs on this site ... but are you all aware that most national teams have a system and style, hence the reason they can get together three days before a game and prepare and be successful.  When Messi leaves Barca, Ronaldo leaves Manu and Steve G leaves Liverpool to take up national duty, they do not need 50 days to prepare.

d_#1Trinba

« Reply #4 on: October 12, 2007, 03:49:10 PM »
Why system snd style does the Trinidad & Tobago national teams play ... do we use the same system and style with every team or is that left up to each coach?

i dont really understand your question...

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 12, 2007, 04:37:41 PM »
Does the lack of response mean no body knows ... that was my point though.
Lack of response means yuh thread flop...no set ah science dey,.

Offline Filho

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 12, 2007, 05:39:40 PM »
I know there a lot of football buffs on this site ... but are you all aware that most national teams have a system and style, hence the reason they can get together three days before a game and prepare and be successful.  When Messi leaves Barca, Ronaldo leaves Manu and Steve G leaves Liverpool to take up national duty, they do not need 50 days to prepare.

Playing systems are difficult to talk so I will stick with the aspect of systems that fans can easily identify, and that is formation and tactics. Even at elite programs like Brazil, Argentina, France..etc., playing systems change. Most playing systems have a lifespan of maybe a few years. Some last decades..others crash before a tournament ends. But no matter what the nation..playing systems are very malleable. Coaching ssytems and ideologies tend to last longer, altho' it is hard to tell where systems end and ideologies begin (is Dutch total football an ideology, a part of the Dutch system..or both?). Argentina will play a certain system, depending on the talent available, the coach and maybe the opposition. But their ideas regarding how the game is played probably hasn't changed in decades (WC 1990 being the cynical exception). Coaches that favor a central playmaker like Riquleme (Basile) will play a different system from coaches that leave him out (Bielsa). Argentina's system going in the Copa America included a target striker (Crespo or Milito) alongside a smaller more skillful forward (Messi, Tevez). They're going into the WC qualifiers with no target man..their system will change a little..but most likely the will 'look like Argentina'...ie..the way they approach the game will be the same.

T&T's playing system will change according to the talent available, the opposition, and the ideas of the coaching staff. Our historical lack of organization in defense has seen us employ the lone striker and a 5 man midfield more often in these last 3  years or so, than I had seen in all my life watching T&T football. We don't always do it, but it is definitley in the playbook. We are also playing with more focus on possession and building from the back with short passes, utilizing a central holding midfielder....Not that we haven't tried that before, but we were actually becoming a bit of a long ball side for a while, especially against tougher opposition. These days, I think I see more stress on composure on the ball and building form the back. Anyhow, now that we have our full complement of players to choose from, it remains to be seen what system will be used...

Offline kicker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 13, 2007, 09:59:53 AM »
-Very difficult to tell what our "system" is or has been because we don't play that much international football, the majority of our local footballers aren't really professional by the highest standards of today's game, and the majority of our coaches either don't get a real opportunity to do their jobs or don't appear to have the experience or credentials necessary for the job at the highest level.

T&T either plays against weak Caribbean/regional opposition where the football lacks structure, rhythm, organization & a clearly identifiable pattern so much so that natural talent, experience, and creative improvisation end up being way more evident than a particular system being employed.....

or we play against Teams like the U.S. or Mexico where (apart from a few exceptions), for long parts of the game, we seem to be punching above our weight and pretty much executing an exercise in damage control and picking our spots when the occasional gap opens up.....as opposed to impressing a style on the game, and showcasing a particular system or football philosophy.

Despite that, differences between the Gally era, the Porterfield era & the Beenie stint can be seen. Apart from the Gally era where our football appeared to be tactically naive, somewhat basic & ultimately the most expressive and entertaining, the ideology of the coaches appeared to be more correctional in an attempt to mitigate as much as possible our glaring deficiencies (defensive disorganization, sub par technical ability in various areas of the pitch & a general lack of mental toughness/concentration) as opposed to be one where a pure system or style was being implemented. Add to that the fact that none of those coaches really got a chance to spend enough time with our teams to really shape our game as they probably would have liked to....

I think that until the technical development of our players is sufficient to compete at the highest level in all positions of the field, and until we establish some stability and continuity in the coaching dept. at the various levels it'll be very tough to define any kinda pure system, style or brand that is identifiable across levels and generations of T&T football......   
« Last Edit: October 13, 2007, 10:02:26 AM by kicker »
Live life 90 minutes at a time....Football is life.......

Offline dinho

• Hero Warrior
  • Yesterday is Yesterday and Today is Today!
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 13, 2007, 10:51:16 AM »

eff all dis talk about playing systems...

d_#1Trinba just put together his first ever coherant post!!!

:applause:

Offline kicker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 13, 2007, 10:59:45 AM »

eff all dis talk about playing systems...

d_#1Trinba just put together his first ever coherant post!!!

:applause:

True eh...we should really stand up and take notice.... :applause:
Live life 90 minutes at a time....Football is life.......

Offline Diambars

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 13, 2007, 12:24:50 PM »

Let me try and help ... does the U15, U17, U23 and senior team all play a different style.  If you still do not get it just let me know?

Offline scooby

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 17, 2007, 05:05:39 PM »
there is nothing wrong with your post what system and style do we play is what was ask, well that depends on who is the present coach and which foreign team we are trying to emulate. I know back in the 70`s we played mostly 4 3 3 which most teams played at the time but we were able to had our own flair with players like steve david, de leon, sammy to name a few, as time went by we adopted the 4 4 2 system as did most of the world, our brand is mostly an attacting brand of football today under the current coach we play a very defendsive style of football.

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 17, 2007, 05:16:03 PM »
Our style of football depend on the type of players we develop. I have noticed that when we have an abundance of skilled and creative mid-fielders we tend to to be a very attacking team. 1960's, 70s and 80s brings that to mind. But when we lack quality in that department, we play defensive and our style revert to plenty long balls.

Offline elan

• Go On ......Get In There!!!!!!!!
  • Hero Warrior
  • WaRRioR fOr LiFe!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 17, 2007, 07:33:55 PM »
We never sure who will play in what game so the playing system is the last thing they worrying about. The thng about having a uniform "style of play is having a core group of players in and around the National team and the player pools.
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4</a>

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 17, 2007, 07:39:23 PM »
It is difficult to keep a core of promising players in TT and work with them to develop a Trini style in this day and age. As soon as any of these guys show any sign of promise, there is some scout and agent looking to snap them up  to play in Euro or the MLS.

Offline Brownsugar

• Hero Warrior
  • Soca in mih veins, Soca in mih blood!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: October 17, 2007, 07:40:29 PM »
Diambars, as soon as we could field ah team consistently over a period of time and not ah bunch ah guys thrown together at de last minute....

Den we goh talk system.......
"...If yuh clothes tear up
Or yuh shoes burst off,
You could still jump up when music play.
Old lady, young baby, everybody could dingolay...
Dingolay, ay, ay, ay ay,
Dingolay ay, ay, ay..."

RIP Shadow....The legend will live on in music...

1]; } ?>