March 28, 2024, 01:08:12 PM

Author Topic: TrueTrini..Jamaica2099..come on ..the current best is Haiti!  (Read 9789 times)

Offline Jean

• New Warrior
    • View Profile
TrueTrini..Jamaica2099..come on ..the current best is Haiti!
« on: October 13, 2007, 09:21:24 AM »

Guys,

Let's make it clear up front. Haiti is coming very strong and it is the current best team of the caribbean simply because the country becomes politically stable and working toward financial stability. As a simple fact, Haiti has 4 times population of Trinidad and 3 times of Jamaica population. On top, the population of Haitians abroad is more than trinidad population. Everything equals, we should have a much better chance to have a better team than any carribean team. Again, the only things that have been kept us are politics and economy. I can tell u, our current government is starting to work as a decent government in any decent country.

Now let's talk about achievement for 2007 (Truetrini and jamaica 2099):

1) Haiti won the CFU cup (which determines the best team in the caribbean)
2) At the last Gold cup, we are the only carribean team that earned 2 points. this year, we had decent results against decent teams: we beat Honduras, Panama 3-0, tied Costa Rica. While Jamaica and Trinidad either get whipped by this team or failed to beat them.
3) Haiti won the tournament U17 in Trinidad which determines the best U17 on top we earned a point at the Wcup U17 against an ex U17wcup winner..France. Add on that the ref refuses us one goal.
4) AT U20, we finished ahead of Jamaica in the phase in Haiti. And we only missed the U20 Cup for 1 point while Jamaica finished at the last.
5) oh yeah Jamaica beat us at Pan Am games when we bring our U17 heroes. Now (today,,,U23) I ll see what they can do when they match players at the same age.

Both of you clearly are out of the track....Haiti is the best team caribbean team of 2007.

Warnings....the supremacy of Trinidad and Jamaica on the caribbean is definetly over:

1) For U23, don't be surprised if we even go to the olympics we have 4 players who play in the french second division that will join this team after this stage. Right now we have 6 oversea players ( 2 from argentina, 2 from Holland, 1 Italy and 1 USA) in that team that will face Jamaica today. Humm...jamaica 2099..u need 4 clear goals.... good luck for tonight!

2) For senior team, right now we are scouting players in europe. I can tell you we have more than 20 players from all over the places in Europe (France, Norway, Spain, Dannemark, Italy, Holland and Portugal). Hopefully, the federation will have money to bring them. Guys Get ready for wcup qualifications....it will be a war for us..Mexico and USA are our targets now.

Guys, see u after today games.

Offline Sam

• Hero Warrior
  • Police face and dog heart.
    • View Profile
Re: TrueTrini..Jamaica2099..come on ..the current best is Haiti!
« Reply #1 on: October 13, 2007, 09:36:01 AM »
Haiti have a good team, no doubt, but thats if you guys can keep the players from running away. ...  :rotfl:

Secondly, you rightfully beat our Junior teams. However, that Digicel Cup that you won is nothing to brag about as we field an entire new local team without any of our better players. Seven (7) of them were youths on that 2007 T&T Digicel Team who made their debuts and still we came in second, we even beat Haiti and Cuba by 3-1 margins. But all respect as the stat will show Haiti won, so enjoy your only Caribbean Cup title and we will enjoy our 8th even though Haiti have 4 times the population of Trinidad and about 3,000 of them is also living in T&T now, dont forget to add that to your count, we still can celebrate 8 titles and we are the smallest country to do so, a big accomplishment I must say.
As for World Cup games, you are yet to beat T&T since 1980, so please dont get carried away just yet, in saying so I am still in support of Haiti over the Reggae Pussies. They have been un-successful since 1998, yes they may win a game or two, but nothing concrete and yet they still have de nerve to brag when all they do is complain, make excuses and whine like de blasted Hippo I have there.

In 2007 I believe Haiti did the best of all Caribbean teams, so hats off to them, next year is 2 months away, so enjoy your short success... Martinique and Guadeloupe must get a special mention too and how can we forget our enemies Jamaica for being the worst 2007 Caribbean team, ask St Vincent, T&T, Bahamas and soon to be Haiti (after today).....  ;)

PS: Did you know in the English language Jean is a women's name..... it have nuff of them in T&T as I use to go by Tanti Jean to buy corn soup in St James....
« Last Edit: October 13, 2007, 10:11:49 AM by Flex »
Faster than a speeding pittbull
Stronger than a shot of ba-bash
Capable of storming any fete

Offline jamaica2099

• Hero Warrior
  • n/a
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 13, 2007, 10:02:48 AM »
I will believe Haiti is the best in the Caribbean when Jamaica and Haiti meet in the 2008 Digicel Cup, the 2010 World Cup qualifiers and the 2009 Gold Cup. And Haiti beats Jamaica.
And since Haiti haven't beaten Jamaica in oooohhhh! how many years.

Now if you are talking about the Olympic qualifiers and Haiti's U-23 then Jamaica will beat Haiti today on their artificial surface, but Haiti will still advance on goal difference.
jjbrown

Offline Small Magician aka Wazza

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 13, 2007, 10:08:00 AM »
tnt tnt....and we were also the best in 1973

Offline Star Child

• Hero Warrior
  • Pure Pipe
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 13, 2007, 10:13:46 AM »
Haiti have a good team, no doubt, but thats if you guys can keep the players from running away. ...  :rotfl:

Secondly, you rightfully beat our Junior teams. However, that Digicel Cup that you won is nothing to brag about as we field an entire new local team without any of our better players. Seven (7) of them were youths on that 2007 T&T Digicel Team who made their debuts and still we came in second, we even beat Haiti and Cuba by 3-1 margins. But all respect as the stat will show Haiti won, so enjoy your only Caribbean Cup title and we will enjoy our 8th even though Haiti have 4 times the population of Trinidad and about 3,000 of them is also living in T&T now, dont forget to add that to your count, we still can celebrate 8 titles and we are the smallest country to do so, a big accomplishment I must say.
As for World Cup games, you are yet to beat T&T since 1980, so please dont get carried away just yet, in saying so I am still in support of Haiti over the Reggae Pussies. They have been un-successful since 1998, yes they may win a game or two, but nothing concrete and yet they still have de nerve to brag when all they do is complain, make excuses and whine like de blasted Hippo I have there.

In 2007 I believe Haiti did the best of all Caribbean teams, so hats off to them, next year is 2 months away, so enjoy your short success... Martinique and Guadeloupe must get a special mention too and how can we forget our enemies Jamaica for being the worst 2007 Caribbean team, ask St Vincent, T&T, Bahamas and soon to be Haiti (after today).....  ;)

PS: Did you know in the English language Jean is a women's name..... it have nuff of them in T&T as I use to go by Tanti Jean to buy corn soup in St James....

I believe I could not have said it better.... bravo Sam.....  :applause: :applause: :applause: :applause:

Offline Toussaint

• Hero Warrior
  • ...l'arbre de la liberte des noirs.
    • View Profile
    • Haiti Spors
« Reply #5 on: October 13, 2007, 10:40:07 AM »

Just curious, Sam. In what part of the 'english world' Jean is a woman's name?

Jean is a french name and it is necessarily masculine. If some 'remote parts' of the english world erroneously used it as a woman's name that just shows how difficult the french language is for some. Don't you think? ;)
« Last Edit: October 13, 2007, 10:52:48 AM by Toussaint »
...l'arbre de la liberte des noirs.

Offline WestCoast

• The obvious is that which is never seen until someone expresses it simply
  • Hero Warrior
  • "Let We Do What We Normally Does" :)
    • View Profile
« Last Edit: October 13, 2007, 05:35:19 PM by WestCoast »
Whatever you do, do it to the purpose; do it thoroughly, not superficially. Go to the bottom of things. Any thing half done, or half known, is in my mind, neither done nor known at all. Nay, worse, for it often misleads.
Lord Chesterfield
(1694 - 1773)

Offline jamaica2099

• Hero Warrior
  • n/a
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 13, 2007, 10:59:16 AM »

Just curious, Sam. In what part of the 'english world' Jean is a woman's name?

Jean is a french name and it is necessarily masculin. If some 'remote parts' of the english world erroneously used it as a woman's name that just shows how difficult the french language is for some. Don't you think? ;)
Toussaint. I thought that was common knowledge among English nations. JEAN and LOUIS are both common names in France and I'm recaling what I learnt about French history I know of no French woman having the name JEAN. I know MARIE is a common name among French women.
jjbrown

Offline Toussaint

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Haiti Spors
« Reply #8 on: October 13, 2007, 11:06:00 AM »
Sam, we have the same problem also with names we borrowed from the english-speaking countries.

Lesly or Leslie and Jacky or Jackie are man's name in some french-speaking countries!

I was just curious because I have never met a woman whose first name is Jean.

Offline frico

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 13, 2007, 11:19:31 AM »
Trinidad haven't played with its regular team since the WC,we have been forced to use reserve players,Iam sure you are aware of that.You dont have long to wait before they are together again,when and if we meet you in the WC pre-lims we would have a better idea as to who is best.Some of our best are waiting,having said that our reserves didn't do too badly,you won the Digicel cup but we played with a reserve team.No need to bray bout that.

Offline freakazoid

• best offensive unit= BARCELONA, best defensive= CHELSEA
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 13, 2007, 11:20:33 AM »
Jean is also used in the masculine

this really adds ah new twist to sparrow's song jean and dinah ::)
seek ye 1st the kingdom of God & his righteousness and all these things shall be added unto you

Offline ZANDOLIE

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Sacred cows make the best hamburger

Offline Jean

• New Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 13, 2007, 02:35:52 PM »
Sam,

You deservea big bravo, clapclap because u have the gut to admit simple fact-in 2007 Haiti is the best. However let s clarify these points:

1) Players running away...now we increase our foreign base players just to make sure when 1 local runs away that he will replace by a better foreign player.
2) Yeah..we have 3000 in trinidad..One of them Toussaint play for Trinidad and he gave you the victory in the last meeting. We kind of help u
3) A classic french lesson: Jean, Pierre, Jacques, Marie are the most common french name.
3) u had 8 titles and me 1....this is a subject that is above your knowledge..Jack make u believe that...just to give you some tips. when caribean cups start when shell cup starts...I think that you should do your reasearch prior 1989 to see. All I can tell you '' Jack Warner starts to count when he took control'' but football were playing in Caribbean way before 1989.....anyway!

In the next 5 to 10 years, we will become stronger provided that there is no political turbulence in Haiti. With our population and our love for football, any caribbean team should not be ahead of us. Anyway....I see this coming slowly...U17, U20, U23!

Offline Jean

• New Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 13, 2007, 02:38:22 PM »
Oh yeah Sam.. To add on  1 of ex patriat in Bahamas ''Lesy St Fleur'' scored for Bahamas against Jamaica.

Offline Midknight

• Midknight
  • Hero Warrior
  • President of the Reality Check Commitee
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 13, 2007, 05:34:52 PM »
Sam, we have the same problem also with names we borrowed from the english-speaking countries.

Lesly or Leslie and Jacky or Jackie are man's name in some french-speaking countries!

I was just curious because I have never met a woman whose first name is Jean.

Jean Grey ?
Go Black if you want Jack to Track Back! I support all Soca Warriors - Red, White and Blacklisted.

D baddest SW compilation ever

Offline Bitter

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: October 13, 2007, 05:54:01 PM »
Jean f*****g Grey? Lord!

The national stadium adjacent to a facility named after one of the greatest sports-people to come out of T&T - Football and Cricket is not the only sports eh:

Jean Pierre

* the Hummingbird Gold Medal (1974)
    * the Witco Sportswoman of the year (1975)
    * the Trinity Cross (1979)
    * Honoured by Caricom as one of the 25 most outstanding sporting personalities over the past 25 years.

Jean Pierre was born in the Island of Trinidad and Tobago. Today, this extraordinary woman has earned her place in history as being one of the most successful Caribbean women in the field of Netball.

In addition to her national and international success as a player, coach and coordinator, she is also recognised for her work in the designing of analytical charts and tournament records for the game of Netball.

"The Dancing Queen" as she was called because of her fastness and eloquence on the netball court, is undoubtedly the greatest netball player to come out of the Caribbean and one of the best the world has ever seen entirely.

She is the recipient of numerous national and international awards including the Hummingbird (Gold), the Chaconia Medal, the Trinity Cross and the naming of a Sporting Complex in her honor. All awards presented to her by her native country Trinidad and Tobago.

Furthermore, Jean Pierre has been honoured by the members of CARICOM as being one of the Twenty-five Most Outstanding Sports Personalities over the past 25 years in the Caribbean.

Respect that.
Bitter is a supercalifragilistic tic-tac-pro

Offline Midknight

• Midknight
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: October 13, 2007, 07:18:13 PM »
Jean f*****g Grey? Lord!

The national stadium adjacent to a facility named after one of the greatest sports-people to come out of T&T - Football and Cricket is not the only sports eh:

Jean Pierre

* the Hummingbird Gold Medal (1974)
    * the Witco Sportswoman of the year (1975)
    * the Trinity Cross (1979)
    * Honoured by Caricom as one of the 25 most outstanding sporting personalities over the past 25 years.

Jean Pierre was born in the Island of Trinidad and Tobago. Today, this extraordinary woman has earned her place in history as being one of the most successful Caribbean women in the field of Netball.

In addition to her national and international success as a player, coach and coordinator, she is also recognised for her work in the designing of analytical charts and tournament records for the game of Netball.

"The Dancing Queen" as she was called because of her fastness and eloquence on the netball court, is undoubtedly the greatest netball player to come out of the Caribbean and one of the best the world has ever seen entirely.

She is the recipient of numerous national and international awards including the Hummingbird (Gold), the Chaconia Medal, the Trinity Cross and the naming of a Sporting Complex in her honor. All awards presented to her by her native country Trinidad and Tobago.

Furthermore, Jean Pierre has been honoured by the members of CARICOM as being one of the Twenty-five Most Outstanding Sports Personalities over the past 25 years in the Caribbean.

Respect that.

Yes, but how much were you willing to bet that Jean knew who Jean Pierre is before you made this post ?

I also evoked Jean Grey, for two other reasons than her universal popularity

- X Men has been around quite some time, so that he would realise this isn't a 'new' tendency
- proves that the female 'Jean' isn't just a trini thing but is also the case in the US..

Trust me. I don't need no lessons about respecting our heroes and pathbeaters.
Go Black if you want Jack to Track Back! I support all Soca Warriors - Red, White and Blacklisted.

Offline Bitter

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 13, 2007, 07:34:53 PM »
Sorry Partner, But Jean Grey make me see red. The man could google Jean Pierre and see pictures, history etc, and she is not a fictitious character.

Say what, we still doh really have an answer to Jean post about Haiti (and won't have one until WCQ/Caribbean Cup etc)
Bitter is a supercalifragilistic tic-tac-pro

Offline Toussaint

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Haiti Spors
« Reply #18 on: October 13, 2007, 07:35:24 PM »
Actually, I asked my wife about this discussion and she said yes Jean is also a woman name in the US and probably in Canada as well.

So, as I put it, I ask the question just out of curiosity because I have never met a woman whose name is Jean and I would probably walk away from the first one who tells me her name is 'Jean' ;D Now, I know better 8)

In French, Jean = masculine; Jeanne = feminine.
« Last Edit: October 13, 2007, 07:37:19 PM by Toussaint »

Offline Midknight

• Midknight
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: October 13, 2007, 08:20:17 PM »
Actually, I asked my wife about this discussion and she said yes Jean is also a woman name in the US and probably in Canada as well.

So, as I put it, I ask the question just out of curiosity because I have never met a woman whose name is Jean and I would probably walk away from the first one who tells me her name is 'Jean' ;D Now, I know better 8)

In French, Jean = masculine; Jeanne = feminine.

I suppose I could have told you to look up Jean Harlow, but Bitter woulda probably jump on me back for being too quick to big up Americans or some other dotishness like that.

This 'Lost in Translation' issue in French and English happens with a number of other names.

For example, in English Lawrence is a man's name. In France its a woman's

The contrary goes for Patrice - at least the only Patrice I know in TNT is a woman. This has a lot to do with the syllables sound more than anything else. No Trini in his right mind would name his son Fabrice, for instant (well at least I wouldn't unless I want him to catch real horrors in school ;D )

There is no real problem with names like Leslie and Jacky/Jackie. In English they are used with both sexes, like Kay.

Offline Savannah boy

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: October 13, 2007, 10:26:54 PM »
Baby Doc, go back and line up for food.  Ah go donate ah can of peas for yuh.

Offline Sam

• Hero Warrior
  • Police face and dog heart.
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: October 14, 2007, 09:32:36 AM »
3) u had 8 titles and me 1....this is a subject that is above your knowledge..Jack make u believe that...just to give you some tips. when caribean cups start when shell cup starts...I think that you should do your reasearch prior 1989 to see. All I can tell you '' Jack Warner starts to count when he took control'' but football were playing in Caribbean way before 1989.....anyway!

You have nothing solid to prove to me on what you are saying here is true and we have the info to prove our 8th titles... again, stats dont lie, the same way no one will remember T&T used a third string team in the 2007 Digicel Cup, all the stat will show is Haiti won.... and furthermore, We never had an International Caribbean Cup before 1989.... maybe one or two competitions but not one that invloved the entire Caribbean..... yes, we had the Caribbean Club Competition from back then, I think Haiti has 2 CONCACAF Cup titles and T&T one and a runners up... ?

Next thing you go tell me Michelle is a man's name too....

Michel Platini. .... :rotfl:
« Last Edit: October 14, 2007, 10:02:35 AM by Flex »
Faster than a speeding pittbull
Stronger than a shot of ba-bash
Capable of storming any fete

Offline Big Magician

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: October 14, 2007, 11:11:20 AM »
Little Magician is King.......ask Jorge Campos

Offline Midknight

• Midknight
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: October 14, 2007, 12:52:43 PM »
Baby Doc, go back and line up for food.  Ah go donate ah can of peas for yuh.

This wasn't really necessary

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
« Reply #24 on: December 28, 2007, 08:30:01 AM »
Haiti CFU ‘Team of the Year’
T&T Newsday

28-Dec-2007 - Caribbean Football Union President Jack Warner yesterday announced Haiti as the regional “Team of the Year” for 2007.

Warner made his selection known to Haitian Football Federation President Dr Yves Jean Bart in a formal letter and explained that Haiti was undoubtedly the highest achiever in the region.

They were the winners of the 2007 Digicel Caribbean Cup, Qualifiers for the 2007 CONCACAF Gold Cup, first regional qualifiers for the FIFA Under-17 World Championship 2007 and regional qualifiers for the final round of qualification towards the 2008 Olympics.

“As we approach the end of 2007 I consider the time most appropriate to commend you and your Federation for the wonderful achievements which were attained by Haiti,” stated Warner.

“Not only can Haitians take pride in those achievements but we, in both CONCACAF and the Caribbean Football Union, of which I have the honour to be President, also feel a justifiable sense of pride. Such accomplishments must be due to the vibrant leadership of the Federation Haitienne de Football,” Warner stated.

Warner also revealed that next March, at the CFU Congress, the Caribbean Male and Female “Player of the Year” will be announced.

“To have achieved so much with very limited financial resources deserves the highest commendation and it is my pleasure to recommend that you receive a special award from the Caribbean Football Union as the Caribbean Football Nation of the Year 2007.This shall be done at our Congress on March 2 in Guadeloupe when we shall also be making other awards to the Caribbean Player of the Year ( Male and Female ) and the Caribbean Referee of the Year (Male and Female),” Warner added.

Dr Jean Bart, in a recent interview, said his country has had to make do with its limited resources but remained determined to make a strong bid for 2010 World Cup qualification.

“We have worked very, very hard with the little that we have,” Jean Bart said while in Port-of-Spain for a recent CFU function earlier this month.

“We believe that we have a very good chance to make it to the World Cup. Already we have identified a lot of players playing in Europe, in France and Italy, that can come and play for us but our biggest problem is the money because it cost a lot to bring players from that far.

“But right now we have two parts of training – one at home where we train four days a week and then the players abroad are also in training when they can come together.

“We also have two players who played in the Under-17 (World Cup) in training with our senior team. We are one of the poorest countries but our people are very hungry for success even though it has not been easy.

“We think that if we work hard and play good football then we can have a chance to join Jamaica and Trinidad in the World Cup. I want to thank Mr Warner for his support and for having us here and we will try to represent the region as best as we can,” Jean Bart added.
The real measure of a man's character is what he would do if he knew he would never be found out.

Offline Peong

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: December 28, 2007, 08:34:06 AM »
Congrats

Offline Midknight

• Midknight
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: December 28, 2007, 09:33:10 AM »
Haiti definitely deserve it, but I hope ppl realise Jack, Austin and Warner was the members of the selection committee...

Offline Toussaint

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Haiti Spors
« Reply #27 on: December 28, 2007, 09:42:54 AM »
Haiti CFU ‘Team of the Year’
T&T Newsday

“We think that if we work hard and play good football then we can have a chance to join Jamaica and Trinidad in the World Cup. I want to thank Mr Warner for his support and for having us here and we will try to represent the region as best as we can,” Jean Bart added.

I am pretty sure Dr Jean Bart was misquoted there. The fact that he concluded by saying, "we will try to represent the region" shows something must have been lost in translation in "if we work hard and play good football then we can have a chance to join Jamaica and Trinidad". He probably meant Haiti will follow Jamaica and Trinidad as the next wc qualifier from the region.

Offline Big Magician

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: December 28, 2007, 11:21:00 AM »
yeah....listen Toussaint and the rest ...WCQ start....so friend done....bye....

tnt tnt tnt tnt
Little Magician is King.......ask Jorge Campos

Offline Toussaint

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Haiti Spors
« Reply #29 on: December 28, 2007, 12:09:09 PM »
yeah....listen Toussaint and the rest ...WCQ start....so friend done....bye....

tnt tnt tnt tnt

hehe  ;D. That's the spirit.

However, we still have a long way to go as TnT, Haiti, and Jamaica won't meet each other before the hex, if they make that far ;)

1]; } ?>