April 30, 2024, 05:51:42 PM

Author Topic: U-23 LOOOOOSE to Grenada  (Read 9567 times)

Offline Toussaint

• Hero Warrior
  • ...l'arbre de la liberte des noirs.
    • View Profile
    • Haiti Spors
Re: U-23 LOOOOOSE to Grenada
« Reply #30 on: October 14, 2007, 08:00:03 AM »
Reggaefan, what is wrong with Shelton? Is he injured or what? He was half of the guy I saw in the match Panama-Jamaica earlier this year. He seemed kind of lost last night.
...l'arbre de la liberte des noirs.

Offline jamaica2099

• Hero Warrior
  • n/a
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: October 14, 2007, 08:26:55 AM »

Whatever Picong is....

you guys conceded six goals in 2 games playing at home to caribbean opponents is bad...Jamaica conceding 3 playing in Haiti is bad too...but I believe based on what I saw of the Haiti Jamaica game on TV last night, Haiti's football will rise to the top of te Caribbean one day. They had a stadium full of passionate supporters for yesterday game...you would think its a world cup elimination game. Give this country half the resources Jamaica and T&T posess today and they will be beating the likes of Costa Rica on a regular basis. I mean, the US$iM Jamaica paying Bora to coach ourt senior team..if the haitian football association had that sort of money its game over.

Reggaefan...man u said it . I have been triyng for at least five years to explain Trini and Jamaicans... u are ahead of Haiti simply because of money. we really have passion. Reggaefan I tell u something our stadium is even full when our woman teams play even when our U15 play..u imagine the passion is there.. As well as talents and bigger pool of players than any  caribbean team. The only thing missing is money and political stability which we are having right now. One of the reason of Haiti success right now is Digicel that comes to Haiti...imagine this country with another sponsor the same likes of DIgicel....it will be US and Mexico here we come. Not to bother u guys (trinis and jamaicans), u should not be ahead of us...u are not deserved it. U there based on money and diplomacy (Jack...CFU rules by Jamaicans and Trinis).

Guys, 3 to 5 foreign players will be added on that team when serious stuff will come. I strongly believe we can qualify if we meet Mex n Us in a bad day.
There's something I agree with. The 08/09 Digicel Cup final round should be held in Haiti. Not because they are defending champions, but as part of the CFU and FIFA mandate, not politics.
 And Jamaica & T&T are ahead of Haiti, not because of politics but pumping money into the football systems not by Digicel alone. Money also comes from local sponsors and recently the local NPL clubs parted ways with the JFF and formed their own union-the Premier League Clubs Association- with a new local sponsor (Cash Plus) to the tune of $150 million dollars for the next 3 years. The PLCA has also adopt a league format similar to the EPL, which will be played in four rounds with 38 matches.
This NPL league format will see the last games of the season being contested in late May or June.
jjbrown

Offline Trini _2026

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: October 14, 2007, 08:29:51 AM »
How did keon daniel play against grenada
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4</a>

Offline jamaica2099

• Hero Warrior
  • n/a
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: October 14, 2007, 08:33:29 AM »
Reggaefan, what is wrong with Shelton? Is he injured or what? He was half of the guy I saw in the match Panama-Jamaica earlier this year. He seemed kind of lost last night.
The Sheffield United manager has not been giving Shelton much game time. So you should understand that a lot of Jamaicans and his former Harbour View teammates and club managers are saying that he should leave Sheffield United. Because it makes no sense leaving a club in Sweden-Helsingborg-where he was the leading goalscorer alongside Henrick Larsson and moving to a club in England where he rarely gets any playing time. ???  
« Last Edit: October 14, 2007, 08:36:40 AM by jamaica2099 »
jjbrown

Offline WestCoast

• The obvious is that which is never seen until someone expresses it simply
  • Hero Warrior
  • "Let We Do What We Normally Does" :)
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: October 14, 2007, 08:38:39 AM »
Dread, doh put me in Tallman category.
They say that who the gods seek to destroy they first send mad. I ent reach dat stage yet...
I wouldn't be able to answer the question in any case. However, seeing how often the senior team get mistreat, if that was the case, it wouldn't be a series of "slumps" anymore, but a landslide...
my bad, man,
stay sane eh ;)

The Sheffield United manager has not been giving Shelton much game time. So you should understand that a lot of Jamaicans and his former Harbour View teammates and club managers are saying that he should leave Sheffield United. Because it makes no sense leaving a club in Sweden-Helsingborg-where he was the leading goalscorer alongside Henrick Larsson and moving to a club in England where he rarely gets any playing time. ??? 
dat doh sound right
wha wrong wid some managers?
Dat Shef U manager is an ass or what?
« Last Edit: October 14, 2007, 08:57:01 AM by WestCoast »
Whatever you do, do it to the purpose; do it thoroughly, not superficially. Go to the bottom of things. Any thing half done, or half known, is in my mind, neither done nor known at all. Nay, worse, for it often misleads.
Lord Chesterfield
(1694 - 1773)

Offline najee

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: October 14, 2007, 11:27:51 AM »
Still can't believe it........ our programme gone to the dog....and i mean the dog house....we really need a over haul from the under 10,15,17,19,20,23 to the seniors...and even the woman national team at all level...i hope Lincoln looking at all this and started doing something about it.....because if we  loosing to Grenada and other Caribbean team like this....we can't make the grade against central and north American and the world...and these guys play professionally in Trinidad and Tobago......something wrong...something wrong somewhere....these players SUCK....the whole f**king programme SUCK....and iam talking about TTFF, Proleague...local coaches..... not making the grade...I'm not a expert....but damn...went are we going to chanced thing around

Offline Reggaefan

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: October 14, 2007, 11:28:05 AM »

Whatever Picong is....

you guys conceded six goals in 2 games playing at home to caribbean opponents is bad...Jamaica conceding 3 playing in Haiti is bad too...but I believe based on what I saw of the Haiti Jamaica game on TV last night, Haiti's football will rise to the top of te Caribbean one day. They had a stadium full of passionate supporters for yesterday game...you would think its a world cup elimination game. Give this country half the resources Jamaica and T&T posess today and they will be beating the likes of Costa Rica on a regular basis. I mean, the US$iM Jamaica paying Bora to coach ourt senior team..if the haitian football association had that sort of money its game over.

Reggaefan...man u said it . I have been triyng for at least five years to explain Trini and Jamaicans... u are ahead of Haiti simply because of money. we really have passion. Reggaefan I tell u something our stadium is even full when our woman teams play even when our U15 play..u imagine the passion is there.. As well as talents and bigger pool of players than any  caribbean team. The only thing missing is money and political stability which we are having right now. One of the reason of Haiti success right now is Digicel that comes to Haiti...imagine this country with another sponsor the same likes of DIgicel....it will be US and Mexico here we come. Not to bother u guys (trinis and jamaicans), u should not be ahead of us...u are not deserved it. U there based on money and diplomacy (Jack...CFU rules by Jamaicans and Trinis).

Guys, 3 to 5 foreign players will be added on that team when serious stuff will come. I strongly believe we can qualify if we meet Mex n Us in a bad day.

Jean, calm yourself down.  you still have a far far way to go...when next ja andHaiti meet in a WCQ game, 9 times out of 10...the RBZ winning.

Offline Reggaefan

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: October 14, 2007, 11:31:05 AM »

What is wrong with Shelton? Nothing wrong with Shelton, he just being himself...one day you man-handling the Manchester united defence, teh next day you being man-handled by football minnows Haiti and Bahamas. Go figure.

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: October 14, 2007, 11:41:48 AM »
What amazes me is how all yuh foreign base does know more about what goin on in TNT than we who home. Mccomie was neva recommended by WIm Jack give he that wuk when he and Lok LoY fall out. But as I say blame Wim is he fault. Zerooooooo preperation because d money being used to finance the UNC campaign but is Wim fault
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline ZANDOLIE

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: October 14, 2007, 12:13:49 PM »
McComie play a 3-man defence against Grenada and was losing by 3-0 before 70 minutes and yet he inisists his tactics were sound.
Sacred cows make the best hamburger

Offline Ngozi

• Hero Warrior
  • Taking my life back! what da f**k you done lately?
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: October 14, 2007, 12:34:29 PM »
The  man was a second string goalkeeper  what he know about coaching a national under 23 squad and preparing them to get the best out his players he is clueless and i maintain my stance on wim.....he is not beenhakker and under him we will not make the world cup...he is unable to get the best out of his players despite the ttff situation we cant keep hiding his lack of abilities on that because when it comes to the fore it will be too late,...........

Offline Coop's

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: October 14, 2007, 12:39:46 PM »
Aye guys we got to calm down,i don't know why people are so ashamed and surprised by the results of our national teams,our Football was always based on hope,nothing was ever guaranteed we never sure of beating anybody,we always start with excuses and end with excuses,i feel sometimes it's more of a bragging rights thing why we want T&T to win games/tournaments do we really check out how we play?
If we look at all the Caribbean countries that ever qualified for the WC finals some how their Football went into a slump afterwards and struggling to recover,this happens when you don't prepare for afterwards,remember "fish does rotten from the head".When you look at the kind of money being paid and the results we are getting for it we have to think,a Technical Director,two Dutch Coaches,Director of Youth Development/National team Coach etc etc what else do we need.
If we look back the past couple years nothing has changed really except for the little period Benie was here,it's the same people running,coaching and playing Football,same strategies and ideas being used over and over and they seeing it not working,i try not to make comments about Coaches/Players because i don't know or have not seen them coach or play,i just give my views on what ever reports i get here.At one time i heard about some "Think tank" they had to keep tabs on foreign nationals primarily in the US,what happen to that?

Offline Lionpaw

• Highest Grade.
  • Sr. Warrior
  • Smoke Weeeeed, under the Jamaican Sky Light.
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: October 14, 2007, 12:54:32 PM »
Damn. I almost cry when Bahamas beat Jamaica but seeing that Grenada beat Trinidad mi feel good today. What make it even worse is that Trinidad were the hosts. I Feel Good!!

Thank you Grenada!!
Smoke and Fly

Offline najee

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: October 14, 2007, 12:55:21 PM »
Zandolie...you maybe right...cause we are outside looking in and you are in looking out...i have been saying from since jump street...that local coach's just doesn't cut it...all these coaching lic them guys are gettin by just passin a test...doesn't count for nothing...you may blame Wim...but i blame the hearted and mind of the players, TTFF, TTproleague and local coach thur-out the country......now take a look at the oversea players...how many of them starting on a consistant based...one min...they looking good...then next..they on the bench...then went you here and see.... they are not selected....the whole programme need a f**kING face lifted from primary school to national at all level...even the woman...so you may knock me and other Trini overseas because i'm  criticising the U23 national team for their poor perform...Zandolie..i care so much for my countrymen...and it hurt went they lose at home in their own backyard......they shouldn't ....and i don't care if they were playing Brazil national senior team

Offline Coop's

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: October 14, 2007, 12:58:01 PM »
McComie play a 3-man defence against Grenada and was losing by 3-0 before 70 minutes and yet he inisists his tactics were sound.
        That's when a Coach guessing,his mentality was Grenada is a walk over and just did not take the game serious,he approached this game like is the Pro league,i would like to know what were his instructions to those players,the thing with countries like Grenada they have nothing to loose and it's a feather in their Cap to beat T&T,i remember the time they beat us in the Shell Cup they had Carnival in the streets,the country was on stand down for that game,T&T have to change their attitude towards games no game is easy regardless of who it is.

Offline ZANDOLIE

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #45 on: October 14, 2007, 12:58:50 PM »
Aye guys we got to calm down,i don't know why people are so ashamed and surprised by the results of our national teams,our Football was always based on hope,nothing was ever guaranteed we never sure of beating anybody,we always start with excuses and end with excuses,i feel sometimes it's more of a bragging rights thing why we want T&T to win games/tournaments do we really check out how we play?
If we look at all the Caribbean countries that ever qualified for the WC finals some how their Football went into a slump afterwards and struggling to recover,this happens when you don't prepare for afterwards,remember "fish does rotten from the head".When you look at the kind of money being paid and the results we are getting for it we have to think,a Technical Director,two Dutch Coaches,Director of Youth Development/National team Coach etc etc what else do we need.
If we look back the past couple years nothing has changed really except for the little period Benie was here,it's the same people running,coaching and playing Football,same strategies and ideas being used over and over and they seeing it not working,i try not to make comments about Coaches/Players because i don't know or have not seen them coach or play,i just give my views on what ever reports i get here.At one time i heard about some "Think tank" they had to keep tabs on foreign nationals primarily in the US,what happen to that?

Part of the reason I think fans are upset that McComie is percieved as a JW stooge, excluding our young players from representing their nation and earning foreign contracts out of spite. He also never admitted to making tactical errors yet was CLEARLY outcoached by the Grenada coach. Fans just sick of anything that walks, talks, looks and smells like JW touched it. And no coach in T&T more associated with JW than MaComie.

Peace

P.S. Najee I am in the same boat as you. But I just don't see how fellas like Elton John, Matthew Bartholemew and Shane Calderon could make noise in the best pro-league in the Caribbean yet can't kick a ball against Grenada? No sah. I just thank God for the wuk L Phillips doing in the TTFF. For me the most important team in the country is always the youngest team in the country.
« Last Edit: October 14, 2007, 01:13:00 PM by ZANDOLIE »

Offline ZANDOLIE

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: October 14, 2007, 12:59:35 PM »
Damn. I almost cry when Bahamas beat Jamaica but seeing that Grenada beat Trinidad mi feel good today. What make it even worse is that Trinidad were the hosts. I Feel Good!!

Thank you Grenada!!

Yuh damn dog ;D

OK Najee ah ketch yuh
« Last Edit: October 14, 2007, 01:16:47 PM by ZANDOLIE »

Offline najee

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: October 14, 2007, 01:04:35 PM »
coop's yuh see....they come this site and rubb it in our face....yes bragging right....so we could shoot to the next level...beating central and north american team on a consistant based...

Offline najee

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: October 14, 2007, 01:10:27 PM »
Zandolie...my posted i reply...was for weary1969 comment...not you...my bad

Offline najee

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: October 14, 2007, 01:14:28 PM »
Zandolie...my posted i reply...was for weary1969 comment...not you...my bad

Offline Coop's

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: October 14, 2007, 01:41:55 PM »
coop's yuh see....they come this site and rubb it in our face....yes bragging right....so we could shoot to the next level...beating central and north american team on a consistant based...
       I'm with you Breds,i know how it is, being involved in Soccer in the US i usually have to keep quiet,i really into our performance on the field because all what we are doing suppose to be towards producing good Football.   

Offline Small Magician aka Wazza

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: October 14, 2007, 02:04:08 PM »
wait nah...Shane Calderon did not get a sweat in the match  vz  Cuba...and he come into the Grenada game as Captain ????  (BM)

Offline Trini _2026

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: October 14, 2007, 08:13:20 PM »
.....he is not beenhakker and under him we will not make the world cup...

wha make you think another coach would get us to the WC????
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4</a>

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: October 14, 2007, 09:46:09 PM »
That a man could come off the bench and in short order demonstrate how to respond to the situation suggests that a deficiency existed from the very frigging begining. On a personal level kudos to him.

That aside, there is NO doubt in my mind that we did not use the full body of resources that would have seen our football shine. Perhaps some comfort developed coming out of the Suriname round, but it's been clear for a while now that the preparation and incorporation of players for this tournament has been piss poor.

Ah see Weary making a point about election time, and while I eh go dismiss it, what I will say is that even the frigging election shouldn't mitigate the BS that has been on display. We're talking Olympics ... another opportunity to place us on the world stage ... and I think evrybody knows we didn't put our best foot forward.

So basically this boils down to one word ... accountability ... and where there is none what needs to be done should be obvious to all.

A read a man on here with a saying ... how it guh? The beatings should continue until something something ...

Offline ZANDOLIE

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: October 14, 2007, 11:32:11 PM »
By the way, well done Grenada  :beermug:  You more than held your own in this tournament.

Offline Touches

• Hero Warrior
  • Trow wine on she...
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: October 15, 2007, 07:07:41 AM »
Asylumseeker

Until better can be done let the worse continue

A for apple, B for Bat, C for yuhself!

Offline Midknight

• Midknight
  • Hero Warrior
  • President of the Reality Check Commitee
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: October 15, 2007, 07:44:39 AM »
Asylumseeker

Until better can be done let the worse continue

Ah thoughthe was thinking about "the beatings will continue until morale improves" - a paradoxal statment in of itself...
Go Black if you want Jack to Track Back! I support all Soca Warriors - Red, White and Blacklisted.

D baddest SW compilation ever

Offline warmonga

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: October 15, 2007, 07:48:03 AM »
allyuh fools memba this post from me.. well allyuh jackass keep laughing because JA lost to some shitty squad..  wey allyuh f**king big mouth dey now.. we cya beat a f**king team like grenada all dem muddac**t players should hang dey f**kin self!!!!!!!!! Dem fellas doh worth Wearing de red black & White.. who next we go lose to .. we getting we ass beat by haiti, Grenada, Dominica Republic, dominica, who next before allyuh dumb ass stop worry bout who beat Jamaica !!!!!!!!!!!!!! allyuh dumbass should mind allyuh own biz before worrying bout JA and so to for RF and he boyfrined.. stop worry bout TNT and worry bout all de bumboclaut beating unnuh a get from shit teams!!!!!!!
"Alyuh member this post"
all alyuh fellas is a bunch a fools !!!!!!!! Jamaica lost so we should feal happy about we lost to Cuba .. Bunch a kids in here let we worry bout we 3-0 embarrasment we get from cuba and let RF and dem boys worry bout there Humilating defeat against Bermuda. At home a lossing 3-0 is a flicking shame and I hear grenada was balling Cuba yesterday so watch out for Grenada adding to we pain..
Let RF and dem fellas worry bout JA and allyuh should worry bout TNT.. I on de other end a worry bout nothing because I done know dem fellas is shithound from long time . So if dey win is like a suprise to me, when dey lost its expected.. How de ass you go win game and man dey home drinking and relaxing and no practice and ting.. Trinidad footbal is rell jokey of lately ..wish dem de best of luck in de future !!!!!!!!!!!!
War..
Black Lives Matter..

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: October 15, 2007, 09:51:49 AM »
Ah thoughthe was thinking about "the beatings will continue until morale improves" - a paradoxal statment in of itself

Yeah Midknight, dahis de damn ting self ...

Couple other things ...

1. I was struck by the observation that Grenada played 'simple' or 'basic' football ... so wrote the reporter. And imagine, it was difficult for us to penetrate that!

2. Although I'm disappointed by the result, I'm not one of those in the camp of basing my disgust on the name of the squads dismissing us.

I am on record stating that our neighbours have been building their product as well, so my disgust is not based on whether iz a known commodity beating us, but rather on the rigour of our effort in putting the best foot forward.

Offline jai john

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: October 15, 2007, 05:21:39 PM »
we not used to the "pace" of Grenada football...
Maybe de boys was nervous ::)

1]; } ?>