April 18, 2024, 12:34:54 AM

Author Topic: U-23 LOOOOOSE to Grenada  (Read 9506 times)

Offline black chinee

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
U-23 LOOOOOSE to Grenada
« on: October 13, 2007, 05:29:05 PM »
well things getting from bad to worse.... just heard we lost to Grenada 3-2. Sub Carlyle Mitchell came on and scored a brace to bring us back from 3-0. Dunno nah.... dis man real playing well started every game in Suriname, and scoring but Mc Comie brought him off the bench for both games.... and he scored a brace today

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: U-23 LOOOOOSE to Grenada
« Reply #1 on: October 13, 2007, 05:31:44 PM »
Let d blame Wim posse start. Michael MCcomie is a joke a baddddddddddd joke. yu side lose 3-0 and u give dem 12/10 in d 2nd half
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline Brownsugar

• Hero Warrior
  • Soca in mih veins, Soca in mih blood!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 13, 2007, 05:32:16 PM »
Black Chinee.....yuh lie, yuh damn lie.... :o

Some body who see de game.....report please....it must have ah explanation fuh dis.....
"...If yuh clothes tear up
Or yuh shoes burst off,
You could still jump up when music play.
Old lady, young baby, everybody could dingolay...
Dingolay, ay, ay, ay ay,
Dingolay ay, ay, ay..."

RIP Shadow....The legend will live on in music...

Offline black chinee

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 13, 2007, 05:33:38 PM »
Black Chinee.....yuh lie, yuh damn lie.... :o

Some body who see de game.....report please....it must have ah explanation fuh dis.....

I wish I was.... just heard it on Win TV news..... Imagine Grenada beating we now....... STEUPS

Offline Trini _2026

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 13, 2007, 05:34:46 PM »
Let d blame Wim posse start. Michael MCcomie is a joke a baddddddddddd joke. yu side lose 3-0 and u give dem 12/10 in d 2nd half

this has to be a squad seletion/player not stepping up problem  issue  combine no richard roy, carrlon murray , hyland ...

maybe it is the artifical turf
« Last Edit: October 13, 2007, 05:41:30 PM by Trini _2010 »
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4</a>

Offline Midknight

• Midknight
  • Hero Warrior
  • President of the Reality Check Commitee
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 13, 2007, 05:38:39 PM »
Lord have mercy this must be a first - mih mother would give me real hell if she knew this match was going on...
Go Black if you want Jack to Track Back! I support all Soca Warriors - Red, White and Blacklisted.

D baddest SW compilation ever

Offline freakazoid

• best offensive unit= BARCELONA, best defensive= CHELSEA
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 13, 2007, 05:54:04 PM »
wait nah we in april aready?
seek ye 1st the kingdom of God & his righteousness and all these things shall be added unto you

Offline PantherX

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 13, 2007, 06:02:13 PM »
So I guess now it's the Jamaican crew turn to give us picong now.

I think everybody need to realise that we BOTH suck and move on.

Offline Youth Baller

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 13, 2007, 06:28:21 PM »
Who expected more? with that shit side they picked poor job by the coach ,scouting personel ,etc. Better players overlooked , picked an Under 20 side with 4 or 5 overage players basically

Offline Jean

• New Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 13, 2007, 06:39:58 PM »
 Guys u dead really  really dead.  Jamaica and Trinidad supremacy is over.............! Good similarity both finished last at their group.

see u next year.

Offline Trini _2026

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 13, 2007, 07:18:43 PM »
Guys u dead really  really dead.  Jamaica and Trinidad supremacy is over.............! Good similarity both finished last at their group.

see u next year.

Jean it could just be slump we are in ....
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4</a>

Offline PATRIOT

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 13, 2007, 07:29:28 PM »
Who expected more? with that shit side they picked poor job by the coach ,scouting personel ,etc. Better players overlooked , picked an Under 20 side with 4 or 5 overage players basically

Actually YB, I'd predicted a draw  :-[ And I repeat, the core of that SAME Under-20 side was BEATEN by ST. KITTS!! Since back THEN, it was obvious there needed to be an overhaul because they couldn't make the grade against CARIBBEAN opposition... the focus must now shift to the current Under 17's who will form the nucleus of the next Under 20 team to put an end to this cycle of embarrassment! Ooops! we SENIOR team off to play on Wednesday, any news on the FINAL squad? Any Europe or US-based (OTHER than Touissaint) called up? I suspect not, as all the TTFF $$$ probably tied up in electioneering.... a LOT could really change in a year boy!!!! :(

Offline Toussaint

• Hero Warrior
  • ...l'arbre de la liberte des noirs.
    • View Profile
    • Haiti Spors
« Reply #12 on: October 13, 2007, 07:56:05 PM »
Here is what Haiti is doing for youth devlopment:

After the last U-17 WC, FHF organized a nationwide U-13 tournament where they select about 80 kids from different parts of the country who are now in camp in Haiti's football academy.

TnT may need a similar program.

Have you ever wondered why the US is better than us? Well, here is the answer: Our kids learn to play on their own while the us kids learn to play alongside certified trainers. Most schools in the US have qualified soccer coaches and during summer many families register their in soccer programs/camps. Therefore, those kids grow up with a good understanding of how to win matches while ours are more 'experts' in how to dribble and do all kind of useless tricks, something we erroneously call talent.

So, what Haiti is doing is to get the best of both worlds. Such programs would certainly benefit TnT as well.
...l'arbre de la liberte des noirs.

Offline jamaica2099

• Hero Warrior
  • n/a
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 13, 2007, 07:59:02 PM »

see u next year.
)You would think so. Wouldn't you. Considering that these are not the senior teams of their respective nations which will play in the qualifiers in 2008.
When the semi-final round of the 2010 qualifiers kicks off in June 2008 it will be the senior teams that face off against each other. And in the semi-final group 2, Caribbean nations i.e. Jamaica,  T&T, Cuba, Haiti, Guyana and Saint Vincent and the Grenadines. And possible a third Caribbean nation from the second round, including 1 Central American country or the US or Canada in one of the three groups of four.
Now if Haiti should meet Jamaica? Last time they met it was a draw in Miami. Then back in the Office Haiti was out of the World Cup in 30 mins.
Haiti might have a good youth team, but when it comes to the senior team????
jjbrown

Offline Victor

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 13, 2007, 07:59:31 PM »
Source: Trinidad Guardian

By KENDALL GARCIA

LYNDON ANTOINE scored a first-half brace, as ten-man Grenada defeated host T&T 3-2, in the final match of the Caribbean Football Union Second Round Group G qualifiers, for next year’s Beijing Olympics at the Marvin Lee Stadium, Macoya, yesterday.

Antoine, who also netted in his team’s 2-1 loss to Concacaf Final Round qualifiers Cuba on Thursday at the same venue, opened the scoring with a header from a corner within the first ten minutes.

The lively Antoine doubled Grenada’s lead in the 34th minute when he tapped in a cross from Ariel Jacob for his team to take a comfortable 2-0 lead into the interval.

Five minutes into the second-half, T&T defender Devon Drayton was adjudged to have brought down Marcus Julien in the penalty-area by Mexican referee Marco Moreno and from the resulting spot-kick Shane Rennie beat goalkeeper Andre Charles for to extend the visitors advantage.

However, in the 72nd minute, Grenada was reduced to 10-men after defender Stephen Peters was given his marching orders for a sliding tackle from behind on T&T’s Matthew Bartholomew.

Six minutes after the sending off, Aaron Downing almost pulled a goal back for T&T, but his long range effort slammed into the cross-bar.

However a minute later, substitute Carlyle Mitchell did found the target for T&T when he was on spot to tuck home from close range after goalkeeper Denroy Richardson failed to hold onto a cross-ball.

Bartholomew then set up an interesting final ten minutes when he chested down a left-sided cross, turned on his marker and fired his shot across goalkeeper Richardson and into the far corner for a 3-2 score-line.

But despite coming close on a few more occasions, Grenada defence marshalled by captain Marc Marshall was able to hold T&T at bay and pull off a shock win, which left the host bottom of the standings without a point.

Cuba, the other team in the group secured the lone spot available to the Concacaf Final Round Qualifiers with a 2-1 win over Grenada and a 3-0 shut-out of T&T on Tuesday.

Offline real madness

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: October 13, 2007, 08:07:21 PM »
i dont why ppl surprised at the under 23 performance..there is never any effort in putting together a good squad..not that there is good effort at the other youth levels but u 17/u 20 is always a lot more organized..in the last 20 years or so i could only recall one decent under 23 team..dennis lawrence and avery john were part of that team in 1993...so doh panic..dat cutarse doh mean anything bad

Offline Storeboy

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: October 13, 2007, 08:11:34 PM »
Shame! Shame! Shame!  That is all I have to say!
Never, never, ever give up! Go T&T Warriors!

Offline WestCoast

• The obvious is that which is never seen until someone expresses it simply
  • Hero Warrior
  • "Let We Do What We Normally Does" :)
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 13, 2007, 08:12:18 PM »
see u next year.
I wonder if the Football heads on here like Tallman and Midknight can tell us if there is a Correlation between how the Senior team has been historically treated by the 'Special Advisor" and the results that the younger players get soon there after?
In other words does TnT teams go through a slump after the senior tem is treated badly.
« Last Edit: October 13, 2007, 08:13:51 PM by WestCoast »
Whatever you do, do it to the purpose; do it thoroughly, not superficially. Go to the bottom of things. Any thing half done, or half known, is in my mind, neither done nor known at all. Nay, worse, for it often misleads.
Lord Chesterfield
(1694 - 1773)

Offline Midknight

• Midknight
  • Hero Warrior
  • President of the Reality Check Commitee
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: October 13, 2007, 08:24:42 PM »
see u next year.
I wonder if the Football heads on here like Tallman and Midknight can tell us if there is a Correlation between how the Senior team has been historically treated by the 'Special Advisor" and the results that the younger players get soon there after?
In other words does TnT teams go through a slump after the senior tem is treated badly.
Dread, doh put me in tallman category.
They say that who the gods seek to destroy they first send mad. I ent reach dat stage yet...

I wouldn't be able to answer the question in any case. However, seeing how often the senior team get mistreat, if that was the case, it wouldn't be a series of "slumps" anymore, but a landslide...
Go Black if you want Jack to Track Back! I support all Soca Warriors - Red, White and Blacklisted.

D baddest SW compilation ever

Offline black chinee

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: October 13, 2007, 08:29:01 PM »
Wait nah........ is ah 10 man grenadian team dat beat we???????  WTF

Offline ZANDOLIE

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: October 13, 2007, 08:35:32 PM »
Here is what Haiti is doing for youth devlopment:

After the last U-17 WC, FHF organized a nationwide U-13 tournament where they select about 80 kids from different parts of the country who are now in camp in Haiti's football academy.

TnT may need a similar program.

Have you ever wondered why the US is better than us? Well, here is the answer: Our kids learn to play on their own while the us kids learn to play alongside certified trainers. Most schools in the US have qualified soccer coaches and during summer many families register their in soccer programs/camps. Therefore, those kids grow up with a good understanding of how to win matches while ours are more 'experts' in how to dribble and do all kind of useless tricks, something we erroneously call talent.

So, what Haiti is doing is to get the best of both worlds. Such programs would certainly benefit TnT as well.

We have an U-15 team that is currently suspended while its members play schoolboy football. They will probably assemble again in May/June of 2008 and play games against top contenders WASA, House of Dread and Angostura 1976. Prior to the 2008 CFU U-16 the coach will make certain pronouncement along the lines of...."XXX player is lookin sharp", or "we've been really working on our finishing", or my personal favorite, "the guys now know what it takes to succeed at this level". We will then proceed to do well against Cayman islands, Anguilla, Carriacou and other extremely small islands. A young player will score plenty goals for us and lull us into a false sense of superiority. Then we will come up on a mid-power nation like B'dos or Guyana and struggle. We will lose before we get to the final. For 2009 set cycle on repeat.  

The reasons the coach will give are as follows.

1) If they had followed my instructions and executed my brilliant world class tactics we would have won
2) The other team was physically superior
3) The players lost their nerve in the first half, but put on a spirited 2nd half showing. Even though we lost 3-0 it shows "character"
4) Fitness was a concern
5) For the amount of time playing together the guys did well
6) The coach for some inexplicable reason will bench his key players, subbing them late in the 2nd half.

The fans will

1) Cuss the coach call for the resignation of all TTFF staff  
2) Declare the young players as "shitongs"
3) Steups and shake they head
4) Get vex and write stupid, bitter diatribe just like this
« Last Edit: October 13, 2007, 08:40:29 PM by ZANDOLIE »
Sacred cows make the best hamburger

Offline ZANDOLIE

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: October 13, 2007, 09:18:07 PM »

see u next year.

We are not in any slump. For this team to be beaten as it was is a reflection on poor selection, motivation and coaching, no matter what MaComie says.

Offline Big Magician

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: October 13, 2007, 09:49:48 PM »
we not used to the "pace" of Grenada football...
Little Magician is King.......ask Jorge Campos

Offline ZANDOLIE

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: October 13, 2007, 10:00:43 PM »
we not used to the "pace" of Grenada football...

:rotfl: yuh say it all right dey

Offline Savannah boy

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: October 13, 2007, 10:17:52 PM »
Our youths have more opportunities in de local leagues than ever before.  Why dey laying eggs like dis is a mystery.  McComie has to take the first hit as he is de leader of dat group.  Not good at all at all.  Dis is a national disaster added to dat last youth WC performance.  The glad to be there mentality has to be put to rest.  Wanted: some football assassins.   >:( 

Offline Ngozi

• Hero Warrior
  • Taking my life back! what da f**k you done lately?
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: October 14, 2007, 02:37:20 AM »
Mc Cormie at his best .....A Shitty f**king coach when your team concede 6 goals at home no doubt in two games in a qualifier that have to be the worst coached and prepared team ever .....3-0 at hoe to cuba and 3-2 to a ten man grenada team ?...Your coaching staff is shit WIM included. The truth must be told . Your team was not prepared to play psychologically or physically and you didnt pick the best squad because of your personal vendettas.
« Last Edit: October 14, 2007, 03:54:59 AM by Ngozi »

Offline fishs

• I believe in the stars in the dark night.
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: October 14, 2007, 02:55:32 AM »

Are just naturally ignorant or do you work hard at it ?

(ii) Dutch Coach, Jan Deinsen to work with all the National Youth Teams as well as to assist in the coaching of the First Team.

And de Wimp is his boss.

Also to elaborate further for your benefit.

d. Relative to Trinidad and Tobago's technical development, Wim made several proposals which were accepted by Richard Groden and me  (Jack Warner ) on behalf of the TTFF.

The proposals are as follows:

(i) Anton Corneal to be the Head Coach of Youth Development as well as to assist him in the coaching of the First Team.

(ii) Dutch Coach, Jan Deinsen to work with all the National Youth Teams as well as to assist in the coaching of the First Team.

(iii) After evaluation and by mutual agreement to use the majority of the members of the present technical staff of the Soca Warriors.

(iv) The role of the Technical Director, Lincoln Phillips, to be confined to the development of coaches and goal keepers using his knowledge in these areas. In this regard, the entire Technical Department of the T&TFF is to be reviewed as a matter of urgency.

So keep supporting this imposter, we just lucky Lincoln Phillips stayed on.

Ah want de woman on de bass

Offline Trini _2026

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: October 14, 2007, 07:03:10 AM »

Are just naturally ignorant or do you work hard at it ?

And de Wimp is his boss.

Also to elaborate further for your benefit.

d. Relative to Trinidad and Tobago's technical development, Wim made several proposals which were accepted by Richard Groden and me  (Jack Warner ) on behalf of the TTFF.

The proposals are as follows:

(i) Anton Corneal to be the Head Coach of Youth Development as well as to assist him in the coaching of the First Team.

(iii) After evaluation and by mutual agreement to use the majority of the members of the present technical staff of the Soca Warriors.

(iv) The role of the Technical Director, Lincoln Phillips, to be confined to the development of coaches and goal keepers using his knowledge in these areas. In this regard, the entire Technical Department of the T&TFF is to be reviewed as a matter of urgency.

So keep supporting this imposter, we just lucky Lincoln Phillips stayed on.

blame  wim  nuh  you and gally edgar vidale  now  get a bit ah ammunition where where you last year when our under 21 tie dominca last minute and lost to haiti eh  ::) they had better  prep than this team i guess u were no where to be seen...
« Last Edit: October 14, 2007, 07:48:24 AM by Trini _2010 »

Offline Reggaefan

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: October 14, 2007, 07:22:44 AM »
So I guess now it's the Jamaican crew turn to give us picong now.

I think everybody need to realise that we BOTH suck and move on.

Whatever Picong is....

you guys conceded six goals in 2 games playing at home to caribbean opponents is bad...Jamaica conceding 3 playing in Haiti is bad too...but I believe based on what I saw of the Haiti Jamaica game on TV last night, Haiti's football will rise to the top of te Caribbean one day. They had a stadium full of passionate supporters for yesterday game...you would think its a world cup elimination game. Give this country half the resources Jamaica and T&T posess today and they will be beating the likes of Costa Rica on a regular basis. I mean, the US$iM Jamaica paying Bora to coach ourt senior team..if the haitian football association had that sort of money its game over.

Offline Jean

• New Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: October 14, 2007, 07:51:01 AM »

Whatever Picong is....

you guys conceded six goals in 2 games playing at home to caribbean opponents is bad...Jamaica conceding 3 playing in Haiti is bad too...but I believe based on what I saw of the Haiti Jamaica game on TV last night, Haiti's football will rise to the top of te Caribbean one day. They had a stadium full of passionate supporters for yesterday game...you would think its a world cup elimination game. Give this country half the resources Jamaica and T&T posess today and they will be beating the likes of Costa Rica on a regular basis. I mean, the US$iM Jamaica paying Bora to coach ourt senior team..if the haitian football association had that sort of money its game over.

Reggaefan...man u said it . I have been triyng for at least five years to explain Trini and Jamaicans... u are ahead of Haiti simply because of money. we really have passion. Reggaefan I tell u something our stadium is even full when our woman teams play even when our U15 play..u imagine the passion is there.. As well as talents and bigger pool of players than any  caribbean team. The only thing missing is money and political stability which we are having right now. One of the reason of Haiti success right now is Digicel that comes to Haiti...imagine this country with another sponsor the same likes of DIgicel....it will be US and Mexico here we come. Not to bother u guys (trinis and jamaicans), u should not be ahead of us...u are not deserved it. U there based on money and diplomacy (Jack...CFU rules by Jamaicans and Trinis).

Guys, 3 to 5 foreign players will be added on that team when serious stuff will come. I strongly believe we can qualify if we meet Mex n Us in a bad day.

1]; } ?>