April 18, 2024, 01:59:30 AM

Author Topic: One of the world's smartest footballers  (Read 1537 times)

Offline Gladman

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
One of the world's smartest footballers
« on: October 14, 2007, 08:18:26 PM »
Diouf:I Got Myself Sent Off

Bolton striker El-Hadji Diouf has admitted that he has deliberately picked up red cards for his clubs in order to be ready for international duty.

Diouf has received plenty of criticism for being sent off thrice in five years - the highest for a striker in the Premiership during the period.

Bolton fans have even expressed their very public criticism after he left his team in more than a spot of bother on a couple of occasions, after what seemed like silly hot-headed offenses.

The Senegalese has now claimed that he did it on purpose.

"I have got myself sent off while playing for my clubs, in order that I could go off to play for the Senegal national side," he told the News of the World.

"I have refused lots of chances to play for my clubs so that I could answer my international call-ups and play in the African Cup of Nations."

For all his efforts, his tryst with the national team has hardly been smooth of late, having retired before being called up to the squad.

Goal.com UK
Life Is Like Sugar Cane,It Hard But Sweet

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: One of the world's smartest footballers
« Reply #1 on: October 14, 2007, 08:34:15 PM »
Diouf:I Got Myself Sent Off

Bolton striker El-Hadji Diouf has admitted that he has deliberately picked up red cards for his clubs in order to be ready for international duty.

Diouf has received plenty of criticism for being sent off thrice in five years - the highest for a striker in the Premiership during the period.

Bolton fans have even expressed their very public criticism after he left his team in more than a spot of bother on a couple of occasions, after what seemed like silly hot-headed offenses.

The Senegalese has now claimed that he did it on purpose.

"I have got myself sent off while playing for my clubs, in order that I could go off to play for the Senegal national side," he told the News of the World.

"I have refused lots of chances to play for my clubs so that I could answer my international call-ups and play in the African Cup of Nations."

For all his efforts, his tryst with the national team has hardly been smooth of late, having retired before being called up to the squad.

Goal.com UK

That's plain irresponsible...if he's being truthful about deliberately getting suspended.

Offline Bourbon

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 14, 2007, 09:06:22 PM »
Beckham admitted doing something like that once.....then he retracted it. I think he broke his rib and realised how serious it was...so decided to clear up the yellow cards he accumulated. This didnt do diouf much good.........he still eh sweating :rotfl:
The greatest single cause of atheism in the world today are Christians who acknowledge Jesus ;with their lips and walk out the door and deny Him by their lifestyle. That is what an unbelieving world simply finds unbelievable.

Offline Midknight

• Midknight
  • Hero Warrior
  • President of the Reality Check Commitee
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 14, 2007, 09:35:32 PM »
Diouf is smart. Smart no ass. He know very well he ent seeing a patch of grass anythime this season so he trying to stir up something to get a ticket for the january transfer window....

First his 'retirement' (at age 26!) now this.... ::)
Go Black if you want Jack to Track Back! I support all Soca Warriors - Red, White and Blacklisted.

D baddest SW compilation ever

d_#1Trinba

« Reply #4 on: October 17, 2007, 05:28:14 PM »
chris waddle when he played in marseille...

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 17, 2007, 05:57:22 PM »
Ronaldo, when he scored the toe-punch in the semi-final in Korea WC.

1]; } ?>