April 27, 2024, 12:53:31 AM

Author Topic: TTOC boss laments U-23s failure  (Read 1637 times)

Offline E-man

• Hero Warrior
  • Support all Warriors. Red, White and Blacklisted.
    • View Profile
    • T&T Football History
TTOC boss laments U-23s failure
« on: October 15, 2007, 11:12:08 AM »
TTOC boss laments U-23s failure
Newsday

Monday, October 15 2007

TRINIDAD and Tobago Under-23 footballers failure to qualify for next year’s Beijing Olympic games has been described as disappointing.

So said Trinidad and Tobago Olympic Committee (TTOC) president Larry Romany yesterday.

The national Olympic chief believes the inability of a TT team to advance to both last year’s Pan American Games and the 2008 Beijing Olympic Games should not be viewed as isolated events.

According to Romany, “it reveals a disconnection in the football development philosophy, plan and pathway, and I dare say if the underlying issues are not candidly addressed there will be serious implications for future FIFA World Cup qualifying campaigns”.

Romany pointed out that serious football nations in the Americas view qualification for the Central America and Caribbean(CAC), Pan American and Olympic games as important development signposts.

Trinidad and Tobago’s Olympic footballers were beaten 3-0 by Cuba in their first qualifying match at the Marvin Lee Stadium last week, a result that dismissed all chances the Under-23 “Soca Warriors” had of advancing. They were also beaten 3-2 by Grenada.

Offline fatimarima

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: TTOC boss laments U-23s failure
« Reply #1 on: October 15, 2007, 01:08:12 PM »
...Romany feel we don't already know this?   bosses, Administrators, coaches and staff,..stop crying and get it together.   We get nuff licks and thats a good reality check so jus do what allyuh have to do to produce a winning team.

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 15, 2007, 10:36:31 PM »
Y he lamenting is he clubs that playin d fool and eh up to scratch. Loudddddddd steupssssssssss
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline Trini

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 16, 2007, 06:21:06 AM »
I was listening this man give an interview on TV last night after the second loss to Grenada.

He was saying that the players were not to blame regarding the loss and overall performance.

He then said that the players were not motivated to play the second game, knowing that they were already out.

I dont know about anyone else, but I ever get to play for my country, that is enough motivation for me to play my heart out each and everytime.

At least he was man enough to accept the blame.

What a disgrace.

Could we sink any lower?

And he didn't even look hurt in that interview.... STEUPS.

Offline trinbago

• Hero Warrior
  • Warrior For Life !!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 16, 2007, 01:23:00 PM »
If you fail to prepare....prepare to fail..

and to think these will be the guys for 2010 and 2014 :'(
Warrior For Life !!

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 16, 2007, 04:55:23 PM »
If Romany have any guts, then he should have a serious talk with the special advisor to the TTFF. THEY DO NOT CARE. PERIOD!!!!!!!!

Offline ZANDOLIE

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 16, 2007, 07:22:27 PM »
Y he lamenting is he clubs that playin d fool and eh up to scratch. Loudddddddd steupssssssssss

True, he sound like an ass there.

If Romany have any guts, then he should have a serious talk with the special advisor to the TTFF. THEY DO NOT CARE. PERIOD!!!!!!!!

Little romany from little T&T pro-league talk to who? A mighty soucouyant like Jack?  Jack will step on him an buss him like a tick.

As the nursey for T&T ball the PL is not up to scratch. But they are 10 times better than TTFF. At least they are improving the product not killing it.

Sacred cows make the best hamburger

Offline Trini

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 16, 2007, 07:23:14 PM »
hard luck dey,
i jus realise i forget to mention who i was talking about who gave that pathetic interview, not Romany, but Michael Mcomie.

One of the worse interviews I have ever heard, making so much excuses, he tie up heself bad bad, in the end he trying to be noble and not blame the players, but it come out all wrong.

He, and the T&T team, was just not good enough.

1]; } ?>