April 19, 2024, 05:42:38 AM

Author Topic: Thread for the T&T U-20 vs Honduras U-20 (24-Feb-09).  (Read 3279 times)

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
Thread for the T&T U-20 vs Honduras U-20 (24-Feb-09).
« on: February 21, 2009, 10:20:05 AM »
Plymouth Recreation Ground, Plymouth, Tobago
International Friendly
« Last Edit: February 26, 2009, 06:23:08 AM by Tallman »
The real measure of a man's character is what he would do if he knew he would never be found out.

Offline freakazoid

• best offensive unit= BARCELONA, best defensive= CHELSEA
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Thread for the T&T U-20 vs Honduras U-20 (24-Feb-09).
« Reply #1 on: February 21, 2009, 11:00:41 AM »
I believe this game is being played at the montgomery recreation ground
seek ye 1st the kingdom of God & his righteousness and all these things shall be added unto you

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 21, 2009, 06:06:55 PM »

Dat is right by where I stayin. Y d DY peeps eh hold no fete there. Y it not a d stadium?
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline SHOTTA

• HE WHO HESITATES MASTURBATES
  • Hero Warrior
  • NIGGAS JUST HATE ME BECAUSE THEY CANT BE ME
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 24, 2009, 11:30:53 AM »
wa time is this game?..........ah kno is to much to ask for coverage but a hope somebody dey cud give a lil play by play
now that we have mastered the language we can wield it as we may

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 24, 2009, 11:34:59 AM »
wa time is this game?..........ah kno is to much to ask for coverage but a hope somebody dey cud give a lil play by play

Supposed to be 3:30 PM.
The Conquering Lion of Judah shall break every chain.

Offline elan

• Go On ......Get In There!!!!!!!!
  • Hero Warrior
  • WaRRioR fOr LiFe!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 24, 2009, 04:39:17 PM »
Wait they make the youth men and them play on Carnival Tuesday? That is wickedness.

Any scores, updates etc?
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4</a>

Offline Michael-j

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 24, 2009, 04:55:26 PM »
Quick update fellahs...
The game was played at the Plymouth Recreation ground....nice lil crowd turned out considering it's carnival tuesday.
It was a high intensity game but  we came up short in the end. Honduras won 3-1.

Hon scored the opener in the first half. Leston Paul pulled one back for us  early in the 2nd half....it was all Honduras after that.
It was a decent showing by the young warriors...but they need to learn to play for the full 90.

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 24, 2009, 05:08:49 PM »
Thanks 4 d update
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline capodetutticapi

• Hero Warrior
  • veni vidi vici
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 24, 2009, 06:17:19 PM »
were there any links. ::)
soon ah go b ah lean mean bulling machine.

Offline Trini _2026

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 24, 2009, 06:46:39 PM »
Quick update fellahs...
The game was played at the Plymouth Recreation ground....nice lil crowd turned out considering it's carnival tuesday.
It was a high intensity game but  we came up short in the end. Honduras won 3-1.

Hon scored the opener in the first half. Leston Paul pulled one back for us  early in the 2nd half....it was all Honduras after that.
It was a decent showing by the young warriors...but they need to learn to play for the full 90.

ok thanks
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4</a>

Offline Cocorite

• Hero Warrior
  • John 5:24
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 24, 2009, 07:26:11 PM »
We really should be able to see these games yuh know. This is U20's the next batch of T&T stars. And whats up with all this losing? Somebody check wah going on dey oui.
Socawarriors Need A Winning Mentality

Offline Trini _2026

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 24, 2009, 08:01:29 PM »
We really should be able to see these games yuh know. This is U20's the next batch of T&T stars. And whats up with all this losing? Somebody check wah going on dey oui.

I wonder if fuentes  was in tobago
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4</a>

Offline doc

• Hero Warrior
  • ...game, set, match.
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 24, 2009, 08:19:52 PM »

Dat is right by where I stayin. Y d DY peeps eh hold no fete there. Y it not a d stadium?
CONCACAF requested the change. They didn't want the teams whose group would be playing at Dwight Yorke Stadium to have the opportunity to become familiar with the field which would give them an unfair advantage.
Live large and prosper!

Offline Trini _2026

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 24, 2009, 08:34:24 PM »

CONCACAF requested the change. They didn't want the teams whose group would be playing at Dwight Yorke Stadium to have the opportunity to become familiar with the field which would give them an unfair advantage.

did you go to the game DOC

Offline pardners

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: February 24, 2009, 09:27:57 PM »

Boy I doh want to say is a shit team eh....is just that I think they have a shit coach.

Plenty brows were raised when they won the league, but the local football pundits saw through that and said that they should have expected nothing less than winning the league.  That team was the only TTFF sponsored team, playing togther and having the best facilities available to them right through, whilst the other teams made up of men who training 2hrs a day, 2 days a week...after they come from work.

I see that team plat a couple times...trust mih...dem fellas ordinary, we could put out a much better team.  I woulda like to see BSC take that team.
"Ever tried. Ever failed. No matter. Try again. Fail again. Fail better."        Every once in while a good post does come along.

Offline Trini _2026

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: February 25, 2009, 10:14:48 AM »

Boy I doh want to say is a shit team eh....is just that I think they have a shit coach.

Plenty brows were raised when they won the league, but the local football pundits saw through that and said that they should have expected nothing less than winning the league.  That team was the only TTFF sponsored team, playing togther and having the best facilities available to them right through, whilst the other teams made up of men who training 2hrs a day, 2 days a week...after they come from work.

I see that team plat a couple times...trust mih...dem fellas ordinary, we could put out a much better team.  I woulda like to see BSC take that team.

we have to wait and see after the tournament

Offline TdotTrini

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 25, 2009, 06:24:35 PM »
http://guardian.co.tt/sports/football/2009/02/26/under-strength-tt-loses-3-1-honduras

Under-strength T&T loses 3-1 to Honduras
Gregory Trujillo | 7:24 pm
Published: February 25th, 2009

Leston Paul
...who came on as a substitute
Gregory Trujillo | 7:24 pm
T&T Under-20 footballers preparing for the upcoming final Concacaf qualification round of the 2009 Fifa World Youth Cup bowed 1-3 to Honduras in a warm-up match on Carnival Tuesday at Dwight Yorke Stadium in Bacolet, Tobago. Playing an under-strength team, the local youngsters made three silly mistakes in losing the match.“I did not expect anything special because we knew that the guys would not be ready mentally,” stated coach Zoran Vranes, of Yugoslavia.

“We started a second team to give some of the players and opportunity to prove their ability,” added Vranes. Five of the regular starters were left out of the squad. They were Nicholas Walker, Mikel Williams, Sheldon Bateau, Trent Lougheed and Akil Adams. Captain Leston Paul, who came on for an injured Marcus Joseph in the 35th, and Daniel Cyrus were introduced by Vranes and made a big difference. After trailing 1-0 in the 38th minute, Paul leveled the score in the 50th with a brilliant right-foot shot from 25 yards out into the top right corner which gave the goalkeeper no chance.

T&T dominated the match after the goal but unfortunately lost focus and conceded two goals in two minutes (75th and 77th). “We were dominating when we made two more silly mistakes because of mental and physical tiredness,” said Vranes. “We did not have enough time to rest having arrived in Tobago around lunch time to play at 3.30 pm. It was very hot. Of course, it is not an excuse.” “I expect a much better performance ,and a much better result, in the second match. We are going to be ready with regards to mental preparation and will be physically in much better condition.”

The second match against Honduras will be contested today at the same venue, from 4 pm. Admission to the game is free. The local youngsters will also be engaged in back-to-back matches against El Salvador’s Under-20 team on Saturday and Monday, also at Dwight Yorke Stadium. T&T opens its Concacaf final round qualification against Canada on March 7 at the Marvin Lee Stadium. It will face Costa Rica on March 9 and Mexico two days later at the same venue. The top two teams from the group will advance to Fifa World Championship in Egypt September 23-October 18.

El Salvador is also contesting the final round of qualification but is grouped alongside United States and Jamaica. Honduras will meet St Vincent/Grenadines in a one-match playoff on Monday at the Marvin Lee Stadium to determine the final spot for Group A alongside El Salvador, USA and Jamaica.
Teamwork divides the task and multiplies the success

Offline Ngozi

• Hero Warrior
  • Taking my life back! what da f**k you done lately?
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: February 25, 2009, 07:35:56 PM »
Overrated team

Offline ZANDOLIE

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: February 25, 2009, 07:36:34 PM »

Plenty brows were raised when they won the league, but the local football pundits saw through that and said that they should have expected nothing less than winning the league.  I woulda like to see BSC take that team.

I think you are spot on with these comments. The last U-20 team went absolutely nowhere because of poor preparation, Brian Williams was literally begging TTFF to give those fellas consistent training time and quality international opponents, but that was before they started to get their act together.

Keon Daniel, Lester Peltier, Abu Bakhr, Javed Mohammed, Aaron Downing, Atullah Guerra, Matthew Bartholemew and Khaleem Hyland were on that 2006 team, and getting beaten by the likes of St Kitts.  If THAT team had the exposure the current team has...

Then again, plenty forum members who saw both teams play said the current team was better. We will soon see.
Sacred cows make the best hamburger

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: February 25, 2009, 10:14:56 PM »

Plenty brows were raised when they won the league, but the local football pundits saw through that and said that they should have expected nothing less than winning the league.  I woulda like to see BSC take that team.

I think you are spot on with these comments. The last U-20 team went absolutely nowhere because of poor preparation, Brian Williams was literally begging TTFF to give those fellas consistent training time and quality international opponents, but that was before they started to get their act together.

Keon Daniel, Lester Peltier, Abu Bakhr, Javed Mohammed, Aaron Downing, Atullah Guerra, Matthew Bartholemew and Khaleem Hyland were on that 2006 team, and getting beaten by the likes of St Kitts.  If THAT team had the exposure the current team has...

Then again, plenty forum members who saw both teams play said the current team was better. We will soon see.

Dat under 20 team was real therapy. BW got no support none absolutely none.

1]; } ?>