June 07, 2024, 05:30:55 PM

Author Topic: Thread for the T&T vs El Salvador Game.  (Read 20006 times)

Offline WestCoast

• The obvious is that which is never seen until someone expresses it simply
  • Hero Warrior
  • "Let We Do What We Normally Does" :)
    • View Profile
Re: Thread for the T&T vs El Salvador Game.
« Reply #90 on: October 18, 2007, 06:43:16 AM »
Zando, wha happen?
Arrow ketch dem again ;D ;D
like king fish in ah seine oui
King fish ? More like some Big Mouth Grouper
:devil:
« Last Edit: October 18, 2007, 06:44:58 AM by WestCoast »
Whatever you do, do it to the purpose; do it thoroughly, not superficially. Go to the bottom of things. Any thing half done, or half known, is in my mind, neither done nor known at all. Nay, worse, for it often misleads.
Lord Chesterfield
(1694 - 1773)

Online Brownsugar

• Hero Warrior
  • Soca in mih veins, Soca in mih blood!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: October 18, 2007, 06:46:20 AM »
Add the new and improve Hardest to this mix and we good to go with this team for 2010.
Carlos, Jones et al go have to suck salt. Serve them right for going on strike anyhow

Buh wah u saying man??? yuh ha tuh stay way from dat high grade eh..........

Black Chinee, like yuh get chain up too.... ;D
"...If yuh clothes tear up
Or yuh shoes burst off,
You could still jump up when music play.
Old lady, young baby, everybody could dingolay...
Dingolay, ay, ay, ay ay,
Dingolay ay, ay, ay..."

RIP Shadow....The legend will live on in music...

Offline ZANDOLIE

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: October 18, 2007, 06:53:32 AM »
A next chain! I cyah laugh too hard ah get a reeaaaalll good one yesterday. They don't call us Trickidadians for nothing.

So we satisfied with the result? Could'nt watch the game, WestCoast, Palos, Midknight, etc. can anyone who saw the game offer a little analysis on the aspects of the game that we executed well or who Wim may be taking a closer look at now?
« Last Edit: October 18, 2007, 07:00:13 AM by ZANDOLIE »
Sacred cows make the best hamburger

Offline WestCoast

• The obvious is that which is never seen until someone expresses it simply
  • Hero Warrior
  • "Let We Do What We Normally Does" :)
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: October 18, 2007, 07:18:41 AM »
well i was kinda busy but what I did see was that in the first half we took some long shots that overbars.....need work.
another thing, it appered to me that there was a lot of shirt pulling of our fellas
other than that I think we had more chances but as I say i din see much.
That link Tallman gave us was a fella had setup his webcam on his TV, so it was real grainy..but betta dan nutten......Thanks Tallman.
I would also have liked to have a team line up With jersey numbers.
« Last Edit: October 18, 2007, 07:26:06 AM by WestCoast »
Whatever you do, do it to the purpose; do it thoroughly, not superficially. Go to the bottom of things. Any thing half done, or half known, is in my mind, neither done nor known at all. Nay, worse, for it often misleads.
Lord Chesterfield
(1694 - 1773)

Offline dumpalewie

• Lewie
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: October 18, 2007, 07:27:46 AM »
I liked what I saw....up to the final 3rd.  Then we had zero ideas.  Good performance all things considered.

Was quite impressed with Clyde Leon.  Conrad Smith had a decent game.  Toussaint was extremely ordinary.
Which one was Leon?

The midfielders and team had a good game defensively. In fact I think we dominated the midfield but I agree that we sputtered in the final 3rd.

What bothers you about Toussaint so much that you felt the need to single him out?
I think much of the reason that we held the ball well was because our forwards , Smith and Toussaint, were able to hold on to the ball until the midfielders arrived. At the very least they won numerous freekicks.
TnT Patriot

Offline ZANDOLIE

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: October 18, 2007, 07:33:11 AM »
Thanks West. So we played all three strikers.....Smith, Toussaint and Marcano? I thought Conrad Smith was a mid.
Sacred cows make the best hamburger

Offline marcpurcell

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: October 18, 2007, 07:42:24 AM »
Before everyone starts celebrating lets put this in perspective. El Salvador has not even made the final round of Concacaf qualifying since the 1998.

To me this game is the equivalent of Trinidad playing Puerto Rico. I would have been happier if T&T played stronger opposition.
Born in Montreal
Living in Toronto
But still a Barataria boy at heart

Offline dumpalewie

• Lewie
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: October 18, 2007, 07:47:58 AM »
Before everyone starts celebrating lets put this in perspective. El Salvador has not even made the final round of Concacaf qualifying since the 1998.

To me this game is the equivalent of Trinidad playing Puerto Rico. I would have been happier if T&T played stronger opposition.
In your zeal to be devils' advocate you went way overboard.

Puerto Rico??? ???

This is probably the best result we have had since the WC. Just be happy and hope that we  can get back on track.
TnT Patriot

Offline fishs

• I believe in the stars in the dark night.
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: October 18, 2007, 07:48:37 AM »

:shameonyou: :shameonyou: :shameonyou:

For stating the obvious
Ah want de woman on de bass

Offline Dinner Mints

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Cory Thomas: Illustration and Design
« Reply #99 on: October 18, 2007, 07:55:28 AM »

For stating the obvious
Too bad you can't find some smileys grinding axes.

Offline fishs

• I believe in the stars in the dark night.
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #100 on: October 18, 2007, 08:13:40 AM »

For stating the obvious
Too bad you can't find some smileys grinding axes.

It that was available then I would have used it son. No fault in big men having axes to grind or wrongs to make right if in the end it results in us having a team that would have more than a reasonable chance of qualifying for South Africa.
Ah want de woman on de bass

TrinInfinite

« Reply #101 on: October 18, 2007, 08:59:54 AM »
I liked what I saw....up to the final 3rd.  Then we had zero ideas.  Good performance all things considered.

Was quite impressed with Clyde Leon.  Conrad Smith had a decent game.  Toussaint was extremely ordinary.

palos, i thought yuh call meh mad for including leon in the starting ???  :devil: now yuh singing the man praise lol yuh funny breddah... leon is a man we need to play holding mid... i dont think people know how capable he is... he will compete with yorke, whitley and maybe spann... if they dont play spann as right back or central mid...

God is de BOSS....

Offline maxg

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: October 18, 2007, 09:15:30 AM »
Can someone give the starting team and numbers ? tia

Offline palos

• Hero Warrior
  • Test
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: October 18, 2007, 09:20:51 AM »

palos, i thought yuh call meh mad for including leon in the starting ???  :devil: now yuh singing the man praise lol yuh funny breddah... leon is a man we need to play holding mid... i dont think people know how capable he is... he will compete with yorke, whitley and maybe spann... if they dont play spann as right back or central mid...

God is de BOSS....

I never call u mad hoss.  I questioned his inclusion over Trent Noel.  When I saw him play, ah tell mehself TI make a good call wit Leon.  But you carryin on like if u see Leon play when accordin to you, you HEAR he is one a de bess defensive mids.

Regardless, it was a good performance by him.  If is props yuh lookin for....take it.
Carlos "The Rolls Royce" Edwards

Offline ttcom

• Hero Warrior
  • us/trini/jamaican
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: October 18, 2007, 09:29:03 AM »
SAN SALVADOR (AP) - El Salvador's under-23 team tied Trinidad and Tobago 0-0 Wednesday in its last friendly match before the CONCACAF qualifiers.

During the first half of the match, goalie Henry Hernandez made a valiant effort for El Salvador, heading off several near-goals by Trinidad.
El Salvador gained confidence - but Trinidad's goalie Marvin Phillips managed to block shots by Ronald Cerritos and Alfredo Pacheco in the 55th and 58th minutes.

El Salvador's under-23 team will face off against Honduras and Panama in the preliminary qualifiers of the CONCACAF, to be held in Panama between Nov. 7 and 11.                 
Stupidity is an elemental force for which no earthquake is a match."
-Karl Kraus

Offline marcpurcell

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #105 on: October 18, 2007, 11:08:45 AM »
Well folks all I am saying is that I moved past these "mental" victories that Trinidad seems to get for the past twenty plus years.

It seems that everytime we play some team and we grind out a result that was not expected their are people who start saying the following:
"It was a young team...we didn't have our true starting eleven...we are rebuilding...etc."

This result means little to me. Let me say it clearly: "IT WAS EL SALVADOR!" When we start playing South American teams or better yet teams that we catch our ass with in Concacaf and win then we can talk. Lets beat Costa Rica first at home then we can talk. Lets beat Guatemala in Guatemala then we can talk. You catch my point.

Born in Montreal
Living in Toronto
But still a Barataria boy at heart

Offline trinikev

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: October 18, 2007, 12:30:29 PM »
Well folks all I am saying is that I moved past these "mental" victories that Trinidad seems to get for the past twenty plus years.

It seems that everytime we play some team and we grind out a result that was not expected their are people who start saying the following:
"It was a young team...we didn't have our true starting eleven...we are rebuilding...etc."

This result means little to me. Let me say it clearly: "IT WAS EL SALVADOR!" When we start playing South American teams or better yet teams that we catch our ass with in Concacaf and win then we can talk. Lets beat Costa Rica first at home then we can talk. Lets beat Guatemala in Guatemala then we can talk. You catch my point.

I hear yuh marcpurcell. yuh make some good points. That being said, i doh think i saw anybody getting overly excited about the result, merely stating it was better good than bad. Yes it was just El Salvador, but remember it was El Salvador that beat us in the Gold Cup. This time we held them to a draw, in El Salvador no less with an even more inexperienced team than we had in the Gold Cup. I agree with u that it's nothing to be overly excited about, but at the same time it at least seems to be a step in the right direction. Hope fully whenever the next game comes around we can continue in this vein  :beermug:
I support all Soca Warriors....Red, White and Blacklist

TrinInfinite

« Reply #107 on: October 18, 2007, 12:33:29 PM »

God is de BOSS....

I never call u mad hoss. I questioned his inclusion over Trent Noel. When I saw him play, ah tell mehself TI make a good call wit Leon. But you carryin on like if u see Leon play when accordin to you, you HEAR he is one a de bess defensive mids.

Regardless, it was a good performance by him. If is props yuh lookin for....take it.

no props breddah, ah was juss kiddin with yuh, from your perspective, describe leon's play for me, it would be greatly appreciated bc fuentes didnt give any mention...

God is de BOSS....

Offline palos

• Hero Warrior
  • Test
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: October 18, 2007, 12:46:36 PM »

God is de BOSS....

I never call u mad hoss. I questioned his inclusion over Trent Noel. When I saw him play, ah tell mehself TI make a good call wit Leon. But you carryin on like if u see Leon play when accordin to you, you HEAR he is one a de bess defensive mids.

Regardless, it was a good performance by him. If is props yuh lookin for....take it.

no props breddah, ah was juss kiddin with yuh, from your perspective, describe leon's play for me, it would be greatly appreciated bc fuentes didnt give any mention...

God is de BOSS....

Leon was simple and effective.  Didin't try to do anything extravagant.  Provided cover fuh de defence.  Made himself available for his teammates and as a result was involved in a lot of the play.  His passing was accurate.  His spacing was good.  To me, he played the position very well.

That said, this El Salvador team was substandard.  At times pathetic.  We controlled vast portions of the game.  The amount of time and space they gave us was SHOCKING.....especially in midfield.  They were disorganized and frankly, poor.  Oftentimes we had acres of room in the midfield to run into.  Our problem was once we reached the final third, we didn't have a clue what to do.  Play the ball wide to the flanks and men jes crossing in blindly.  No interplay between the forwards.

Encouraging performance especially when you take into consideration the team was basically thrown together at the last moment and playing away from home.  T&T managed to look like the home team last night.  It was also good to see us playing or trying to play constructive football and not kick down the sidelines kinda football.  Some of our defending was poor in spots and would have been punished by a better team. That said, Keyeno Thomas and company for the most part dealt comfortably with what threats the El Salvadoreans mounted.

TrinInfinite

« Reply #109 on: October 18, 2007, 12:56:15 PM »

God is de BOSS....

God is de BOSS....

Leon was simple and effective. Didin't try to do anything extravagant. Provided cover fuh de defence. Made himself available for his teammates and as a result was involved in a lot of the play. His passing was accurate. His spacing was good. To me, he played the position very well.

That said, this El Salvador team was substandard. At times pathetic. We controlled vast portions of the game. The amount of time and space they gave us was SHOCKING.....especially in midfield. They were disorganized and frankly, poor. Oftentimes we had acres of room in the midfield to run into. Our problem was once we reached the final third, we didn't have a clue what to do. Play the ball wide to the flanks and men jes crossing in blindly. No interplay between the forwards.

Encouraging performance especially when you take into consideration the team was basically thrown together at the last moment and playing away from home. T&T managed to look like the home team last night. It was also good to see us playing or trying to play constructive football and not kick down the sidelines kinda football. Some of our defending was poor in spots and would have been punished by a better team. That said, Keyeno Thomas and company for the most part dealt comfortably with what threats the El Salvadoreans mounted.

thank you breddah... :beermug: excellent analysis... :applause: yuh do a better job than fuentes on the detail ;D in your opinion, would you say leon would do well as a holding mid for us in the role yorke or whitleyu would play? or do you need more time to see him play, for example is he a better passer and has better control than birchall in the short time you saw him? thanks again breddah....

God is de BOSS...

Offline dinho

• Hero Warrior
  • Yesterday is Yesterday and Today is Today!
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: October 18, 2007, 01:21:51 PM »
palos where u watch de game?

on dat 60 minute delayed feed, with some man filming de tv in he bedroom??

yuh hadda mention how de man fart and giggle during the course of the broadcast, and how yuh was hearing he msn messenger alerts too.  :rotfl:

imagine we spend whole first half and some mins trying to decipher what dem motor mouth spanish radio commentators was saying.. all i was hearing was "pacheco, pacheco", i say he had a brilliant game, only to realise it have a pacheco on el salvador side too..   :-\

whey allyuh does find dese kinda feeds dread?

Offline palos

• Hero Warrior
  • Test
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: October 18, 2007, 01:24:49 PM »
thank you breddah... :beermug: excellent analysis... :applause: yuh do a better job than fuentes on the detail ;D in your opinion, would you say leon would do well as a holding mid for us in the role yorke or whitleyu would play? or do you need more time to see him play, for example is he a better passer and has better control than birchall in the short time you saw him? thanks again breddah....

God is de BOSS...

Dat eh a fair question after one game.  El Salvador as I said were poor.  I would have to see Leon under conditions where he was being hustled for the ball when in possession and the pace of the game was more like a normal international game i.e. faster than last night's.  He looked good last night against a poor team.  How he would look against a Costa Rica, a US, etc is a whole different kettle of fish.

People knock Birchall's control and passing to an extent and justifiably so.  However, I am yet to see ANY T&T player who has the attributes that he brings to the table.  The tackling, the off the ball runs, AND the shooting.  Plus...he delivers excellent corners, crosses and free kicks too.  I think those attirubutes outweigh those deficiencies he has on THIS T&T team.

0Based on last night's showing though, Leon would be one of the local based players I would like to see Wim continue to keep in the squad.

Offline palos

• Hero Warrior
  • Test
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: October 18, 2007, 01:26:12 PM »

yuh hadda mention how de man fart and giggle during the course of the broadcast, and how yuh was hearing he msn messenger alerts too.  :rotfl:

imagine we spend whole first half and some mins trying to decipher what dem motor mouth spanish radio commentators was saying.. all i was hearing was "pacheco, pacheco", i say he had a brilliant game, only to realise it have a pacheco on el salvador side too..   :-\

I fuh one was happy to see it....regardless a de distractions.  I prefer dat to nutting at all.  Besides...I understand Spanish.  ;D

Offline dinho

• Hero Warrior
  • Yesterday is Yesterday and Today is Today!
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: October 18, 2007, 01:28:18 PM »

I fuh one was happy to see it....regardless a de distractions.  I prefer dat to nutting at all.  Besides...I understand Spanish.  ;D

i understand spanish too, but dem fellahs was talking the equivalent to spanish horse-racing commentary...

not to mention every 30 seconds was ah commercial about "monumental" or "repuesto" whatever dat is...

Offline E-man

• Hero Warrior
  • Support all Warriors. Red, White and Blacklisted.
    • View Profile
    • T&T Football History
« Reply #114 on: October 18, 2007, 01:41:32 PM »

i understand spanish too, but dem fellahs was talking the equivalent to spanish horse-racing commentary...

not to mention every 30 seconds was ah commercial about "monumental" or "repuesto" whatever dat is...

Those commercials were like 3 seconds long - they slipped them in any chance they got.  monumental was the station id: "caul, cual es tu señal? MONUMENTAL"  :rotfl:

Offline Tongue

• Hero Warrior
  • Blue is the Colour.....Chelsea Chelsea Chelsea
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: October 18, 2007, 03:42:21 PM »

and killin mehself tinkin, "buh wait nah Tongue, like sumting wrong with yuh IM man".....not knowing was the flikkin connection...steuuuuupes!  :rotfl:

1]; } ?>