Poll

which caribbean do you think will reach the furthest or even qualify for 2010

jamaica
haiti
trinidad & tobago
cuba
guadeloupe
other

Author Topic: caribbean teams in WQ  (Read 8258 times)

Offline banton

• Hero Warrior
  • football in meh veins football in meh blood
    • View Profile
    • http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XeWOxnWoXKI
caribbean teams in WQ
« on: October 18, 2007, 09:37:11 AM »
judging on the performances in matches,the way their federation handles its business and how their youth football stand
football in meh veins football in meh blood

Offline FF

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: caribbean teams in WQ
« Reply #1 on: October 18, 2007, 10:08:09 AM »
I feel... depending on the draw we can see 3 caribbean teams in the hex...

Caribbean teams on the rise.... at the expense of Central America...

I jus hope we ent get leave aside along the way....  :-\
THE BEATINGS WILL CONTINUE UNTIL MORALE IMPROVES

Offline jamaica2099

• Hero Warrior
  • n/a
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 18, 2007, 10:09:24 AM »
Not surprise where the majority of the votes would be. I'm just surprise that only two nations are in the runnings. So far.

The top two Caribbean nations, that is.  ;D ;D
jjbrown

Offline kingdavid

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 18, 2007, 10:54:39 AM »
i just hav a feelin that u.s.a is not goin to 2010 and i really hope they dont

Offline Andre

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 18, 2007, 11:23:22 AM »
guadelope is part of france. they cyah qualify i believe.

but france/pan africa go reach SA 2010.

Offline D.H.W

• Forever Man Utd
  • Hero Warrior
  • "Luck Favours The Prepared"
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 18, 2007, 12:38:17 PM »
dem two votes for JA have to get scratch off  :devil:
"Evil is powerless if the good are unafraid."
Youtube Channel

Offline Big Magician

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 18, 2007, 12:40:57 PM »
Jamaica is not " Caribbean"...they are England F
Little Magician is King.......ask Jorge Campos

Offline jamaica2099

• Hero Warrior
  • n/a
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 18, 2007, 03:52:06 PM »
So is Chris Birchell. And Bobby Zamora who was turned away.

Can't get no Trini Britzs. Can't get no Trini Britzs. Can't get no Trini Britzs. :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:
jjbrown

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 18, 2007, 04:58:27 PM »
All yuh are bunch of jokers!!!!

Offline Carib-Briton

• Hero Warrior
  • Working Things Out!
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 18, 2007, 05:03:23 PM »

:rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

That remind me LOL I met Marlon King the other day, he's cool I met him at my uni.

He also talked about the JA Set up (e.g Training) during the conference. I wont go into that  :rotfl:

JA Officials waking up people 2am in the morning to talk about money on the match day  :rotfl: :rotfl:

As for the Question: My heart: Antigua & Grenada  ;D

out those who have a realistic chance It has to be TNT & JA. I hope they qualify
« Last Edit: October 18, 2007, 05:05:06 PM by Serial Gum Bumper »

Offline just cool

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 19, 2007, 04:47:51 PM »
Judging from what I've seen so far since the WC, i don't think T&T has done the necessary work in preparation for SA 2010, while all the other concacaf teams has been building and strenghtening their squad in prep for qualifiers. wid the disturbance that has taken place, i would doubt very much that any one of the foreign based would want to play for camps and warner with a whole heart.

i don't think that name soca-worriors would apply to the ball players any more, just the hardcore fans. my old school teacher used to say , if you fail to prepare, then prepare to fail, and all I've been seeing so far was a lack of preparation by the ttff, even local players i don't think will put their selves on the line for such an ungratefully federation.

in my estimation the T&T public is the most at fault since they stood silently by and did jack squat for the players and their cause, not even a picket at the ttff head quarters or an out cry on the air waves, they are the most complaisant folks I've ever been around, they did not stand up for the players when they were wronged, so why should they bother to show up and risk their career for such lazy ass ppl.

from where i stand, i am not optimistic in the least for 2010, and i think the ppl that deserve to be there are the ones that put in a serious effort, like the Haitians and the cubans, i'd much rather see a willing Haitian team / Cuban team , than a half ass T&T team.

i don't think jack warner and his doting @ss-h@les in the federation, together with the lifeless wagonist so called local fans should be rewarded with another WC as payment for their lack of respect to our boys who gave their all , and made us proud to be trinbagoians in the eyes of the world and were spat on by those mad ppl in Trinidad, plus their lack of preparation and total disregard for the beautiful game, should that be rewarded with another WC ? FACK NO !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
« Last Edit: October 19, 2007, 09:54:15 PM by just cool »
The pen is mightier than the sword, Africa for Africans home and abroad.Trinidad is not my home just a pit stop, Africa is my destination,final destination the MOST HIGH.

Offline MEP

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 19, 2007, 06:09:29 PM »
in my estimation the T&T public is the most at fault since they stood silently by and did jack squat for the players and their cause, not even a picket at the ttff head quarters or an out cry on the air waves, they are the most complaisant folks I've ever been around, they did not stand up for the players when they were wronged, so why should they bother to show up and risk their career for such lazy ass ppl.

Yuh cyah blame people.....blame de TTFF and Jack Warner...people could march round de Red House, Preach Paul tell they sore but Jack Warner will be who is he...

Offline just cool

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 19, 2007, 10:19:19 PM »

Yuh cyah blame people.....blame de TTFF and Jack Warner...people could march round de Red House, Preach Paul tell they sore but Jack Warner will be who is he...

FYI, if jack warner was the head of the columbian or british football federation, he would be dead or in facking jail,maybe even running for his maingie life right now, so don't come wid dat crappy responce. the problem with trinbagonans is we are repulsed by constructive critique, but i know if trini's were on the whole a true footballing nation, jack warner would've been gone a long time ago together with batty boy camps. so yes i could blame the ppl just as much as the federation, BC without the spectators there is no commercial intrest for the game, so the ppl have all the power in the world, in any sector of society.

when we qualified for germany , the whole country celebrated for at least a month, with a carnival like atmosphare and holidays to boot. the players were heroes and they wanted them to know that they were behind them 1000%, but what happened when the fete was over and things went back to normal, jack turn on we said heroes calling them hasbeens outdated players, just BC he wanted to disspoil them, and they wasn't having it. jack knew exactly what he was doing, that's why he did what he did without any fear of public persecution, and thus was the case, not even a whelp or a shout of solidarity for our boys from the same pr!8ks who was jumping up and getting ripped. so i not buying your arguement money!! power is in the hands of the ppl and not the administrators or the administration.
« Last Edit: October 20, 2007, 04:07:51 AM by just cool »
The pen is mightier than the sword, Africa for Africans home and abroad.Trinidad is not my home just a pit stop, Africa is my destination,final destination the MOST HIGH.

Offline warmonga

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 20, 2007, 08:40:45 AM »
Jamaica, Haiti , & Cuba will be trouble, but look out for teams like SVg and grenada . If TNT get there shit together and get an actual 11 to represent , they could be some trouble but with the looks of things I wont be suprised if we are not in the final hex. But If history follow itselfs Warner  always finds a way for us to gety into the final rounds of qualifying... good luck to all caribean teams. The teams that have my fullest of support is TNT then JA and then the rest of the carribean squads...
Warmonga
Black Lives Matter..

Offline Midknight

• Midknight
  • Hero Warrior
  • President of the Reality Check Commitee
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 20, 2007, 09:38:42 AM »
But If history follow itselfs Warner  always finds a way for us to gety into the final rounds of qualifying...

Dread, with all respect, you wrong...in every sense of the word
Go Black if you want Jack to Track Back! I support all Soca Warriors - Red, White and Blacklisted.

D baddest SW compilation ever

Offline Big Magician

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: October 20, 2007, 01:33:31 PM »
Birchall is TnT to heart yuh cyat RF,....any of allyuh Britz is that...??...like Marlon King ??..and dat next one that retire from International football after France...with like 6 caps....slap allyuh in allyuh ugly face...we not on that...
Little Magician is King.......ask Jorge Campos

Offline jamaica2099

• Hero Warrior
  • n/a
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: October 21, 2007, 09:14:36 AM »
Jamaica, Haiti , & Cuba will be trouble, but look out for teams like SVg and grenada . If TNT get there shit together and get an actual 11 to represent , they could be some trouble but with the looks of things I wont be suprised if we are not in the final hex. But If history follow itselfs Warner  always finds a way for us to gety into the final rounds of qualifying... good luck to all caribean teams. The teams that have my fullest of support is TNT then JA and then the rest of the carribean squads...
Warmonga
I will agree with you about Cuba and Haiti being in trouble, but not Jamaica.
If you follow the sports news in Jamaica now; from the Prime Minister and the Sports Minister. All they are talking about is developing Jamaica's sports from the grass-root level. Captain Burrell is even talking to them about using the new 34,000 seat Trelawny Stadium for football friendlies and World Cup qualifiers.
So all Clueless Creston and his Inept Idiot administration has done have opened the eyes of the Jamaican people.  ;D ;D
jjbrown

Offline Toussaint

• Hero Warrior
  • ...l'arbre de la liberte des noirs.
    • View Profile
    • Haiti Spors
« Reply #17 on: October 21, 2007, 09:55:43 AM »
Warmonga
If you follow the sports news in Jamaica now; from the Prime Minister and the Sports Minister. All they are talking about is developing Jamaica's sports from the grass-root level. Captain Burrell is even talking to them about using the new 34,000 seat Trelawny Stadium for football friendlies and World Cup qualifiers.
So all Clueless Creston and his Inept Idiot administration has done have opened the eyes of the Jamaican people.  ;D ;D

Jamaica2099, I now make it impossible for you to edit your post when you realize that you did not read Warmonga's post correctly ;D ;D ;D

The guy doesn't say Cuba and Haiti will be IN trouble. He says those teams "will be trouble" eventhough I think he is a little bit too generous to include "jamaica' in the group of potential troublemakers because St-Vincent and the Bahamas will also be around ;)
...l'arbre de la liberte des noirs.

Offline jamaica2099

• Hero Warrior
  • n/a
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: October 21, 2007, 11:05:37 AM »
Warmonga

Jamaica2099, I now make it impossible for you to edit your post when you realize that you did not read Warmonga's post correctly ;D ;D ;D

The guy doesn't say Cuba and Haiti will be IN trouble. He says those teams "will be trouble" eventhough I think he is a little bit too generous to include "jamaica' in the group of potential troublemakers because St-Vincent and the Bahamas will also be around ;)
Since you are obviously talking about the senior teams of St. Vincent and the Bahamas teams football pundits will factually point out to you the reasons St. Vincent and the Bahamas would not advance ahead of Jamaica in the home and away fixtures of World Cup qualifiers.
And might I include Haiti and Cuba for the same reason. ;D ;D
jjbrown

Offline Flash7

• Full Warrior
  • Allez Le Rouge et Bleu!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: October 22, 2007, 02:19:44 PM »
either way i like Cuba and Haiti's chances because they both have strong records away from home. that'll definitely be useful when the home and away series' kicks off.

I agree with warmonga, as long as they have Warner, the soca warriors will have a positive chance of reaching the hex.

Question: i thought the ban the TTFF put on the original national team squad was dropped. will they be available for the WC qualifiers?

If i had to pick 1 Caribbean team to reach the world cup, it would probably be Haiti.....their squad are even getting Costa Rica worried.  ;)

I'll be rooting for all the CFU teams though

Offline SUPA

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: October 22, 2007, 02:59:12 PM »
Judging from what I've seen so far since the WC, i don't think T&T has done the necessary work in preparation for SA 2010, while all the other concacaf teams has been building and strenghtening their squad in prep for qualifiers. wid the disturbance that has taken place, i would doubt very much that any one of the foreign based would want to play for camps and warner with a whole heart.

i don't think that name soca-worriors would apply to the ball players any more, just the hardcore fans. my old school teacher used to say , if you fail to prepare, then prepare to fail, and all I've been seeing so far was a lack of preparation by the ttff, even local players i don't think will put their selves on the line for such an ungratefully federation.

from where i stand, i am not optimistic in the least for 2010, and i think the ppl that deserve to be there are the ones that put in a serious effort, like the Haitians and the cubans, i'd much rather see a willing Haitian team / Cuban team , than a half ass T&T team.

i don't think jack warner and his doting @ss-h@les in the federation, together with the lifeless wagonist so called local fans should be rewarded with another WC as payment for their lack of respect to our boys who gave their all , and made us proud to be trinbagoians in the eyes of the world and were spat on by those mad ppl in Trinidad, plus their lack of preparation and total disregard for the beautiful game, should that be rewarded with another WC ? FACK NO !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I will be damn stupid not tuh vote my country, confidence all de way meh people, T&T all de way, we have our lil issues and problems, and we not where we should be as far as preparations, but fack dat, we go be alright. As our great leader and captain(Yorke) does say, when the time come just stand up and be counted, so guess what, T&T baby  :wavetowel: :wavetowel: :wavetowel:. Meh family, hear meh nah, yuh touch on ah few things dey. However, ah will quickly respond tuh yuh post like dis, don't worry nah, relax, cool nah man and as you might say "just cool"  ;).

Dis is de scene, as ah does always repeat meh self and say, de race is not fuh who start off first, is fuh who reach de finish line. Although ah must say dat ah would always agree, dat an early and good preparation is always great for any tournament. Trust meh, T&T will just rock and come in at de right time. What happening now is dat dem teams and dem, firing shots wid dey AK 47, but T&T just using dey 38 and 45 just fuh some defence. Tuh clear up dat last sentence a lil more, we eh use Jones, Stern, Scotland, Glenn, Edwards, Me Mum, Sancho, Avery, Ince, Jack, Samuel, Yorke(may be) etc. I'm sure that there are names dat some members may add or delete, but nevertheless most ah dem names there will be on de 2010 campaign, and dey are d real deal. Well family, yuh see dem players dey, dem is wey AK 47, and wey let go any shots hots from dem yet. So everything go be nice and blessed fellah :beermug:. HIGHLY BLESSED.
« Last Edit: October 22, 2007, 03:32:38 PM by SUPA »
RIP Micahel Jackson.

Money doh change we, we are de money changer. But fool if yuh dis, it will surely be danger. Large up de Enterprise and Alliance every time. KROSS KROSS.

Offline just cool

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: October 23, 2007, 05:57:26 AM »
Supa meh breddren, my intentions was not to offend or create controversy, but mearly to open the flood gates of reallity that plauges our society and our football. as you know our place of birth has been for years now, infiltrated by lawlessness, corruption, and unscrupulous men who enjoy a life of extreme luxury, being above the law, one of which every one here on this forum is well acquainted with, the king of football himself who needs no introduction.

you see brerddah, for years i have followed T&T football being a loyal fan, i was introduced to the game since i was ten yrs old, although i was never really good at it IMO, but i have a fair knowledge of the game, much more than i let onn. supa for yrs i saw my ppl anguish in pain over T&T's lack of success in football. i used to live in the savannah every evening after school, ask behind the bridge, BC he was a goal keeper and a terrific runner( athlete), and for yrs i would hear and witness the frustration of hard core football fans being let down not only by our government who didn't provide proper facilities for sports, or encourage the nurturing of our athletes, but also by our present football administration.

these men did far more damage than good, and destroyed the future of many great talents that we never had the opportunity to see BC of their lack of interest, and backward approach to sports, as-well as their lack of professionalism. men who could've took us to a WC a long time ago, but was never given the opportunity. my big beef really came, not after they fack up the big league in PSA under flood lights years ago, i forgot the name of it, but i used to go with a neighbor and sometimes my dad who lost interest eventually , but jack and dem stopped it, and it attracted i am sure, more ppl than you'll see at these pro league games they have now, with even better players and at a higher level.

not 1989, when i purposely went and got cable, putting my self in expense to see my ppl cry on world wide TV after a crushing blow. not in 1997 qualifying when we had a tremendous start, only to be outclassed by weaker competition in the end, with such a talented high grade team of players. not in 2001 with us being out played by jamaica in the first game, from which we never recovered .

but the thing that really hurt my heart is when we fought and scraped to get to a world class football tournament skating in on we chin, wid fellas putting their bodies on the line to achieve the impossible, after yrs of trial and error, finally not only to achieve success, but to perform well amoungst the world best, with a great showing infront the eyes of the millions.

finally we had something substanual to build on, comming off a more than positive momentium, with great coaching and players being exposed to a higher level of competition, the kind of experience that could only make us a power house in the region. instead of building on that foundation, the powers that be took another route, a route paved out of greed and malice, not only for the players , but for Trinbagonians as-well, and we stood by with our dicks in hand and did nothing like a bunch of cowering sissies, instead we ignored the injustices and went onn like nothing happened.

the same ppl that jumped and whine they waist for days celebrating the victory of us qualifying for germany, didn't even bat an eye when jack drop the hammer on our heroes. and if that wasn't enough, the muthaf#@ker had the nerve to black list the players, further delaying the developmental process.

he then dragged this bull shyte onn by taking a f##king retarded over the hill team to rep we in the GC, which was a crying shame. to add more to that, the three youngster that was in need of a recomendation, which will only serve our purpose in the long run, was denied just BC of a dispute between the coaches, something jack could've easily squashed without jeopardising the future and livelihood of these young players,instead he chose the more immature approach by being childish and vindictive, rather than being responsible by performing his duty as a true administrator .

and guess what SUPA! not one protest from trinbagonians, not even a whelp from the same ass shakers on NOV 16 -20th. jack warner had nothing to fear from trini's together wid camps and groden. now tell me where in the footballing world does this happen without a serious out cry by the general public.

now supa , i am a hardliner, and my theory is go hard at it or don't go at all, if we going to play around then i not going, what's the use. speaking the truth about my fellow trini's don't mean that i love my ppl any less, or i am self hater, a lot of ppl seem to think that, BC in my SIG i big up Africa over Trinidad, but that's so not the case. i love being trini but i don't wear it on my sleeve like others do. yuh see the thing about my ppl is, they don't believe in hard work on a societal level, they seem to lack commitment on any collective level, ppl there are only committed to self and leasure time.

and to be successful on a communal level, you must have ppl who take pride in the state, and is willing to defend it and it's affairs at all cost, from scum bags foriegn and domestic. that's why the yanks and the europeans dominate the world in almost every thing they're involved, BC they are a die hard ppl who commitment level is paramount, to their state, community , and family.

believe you me bro, if trini's were to be educated on true patriotism and what it really means to be patriotic, and not this poor interpretation of patriotism that is common amongst expats, we would truly be a power house in the region, maybe even in the world.
and i am really sorry to say, but 90% of trini's are not committed to the state or it's affairs. only a small minority truly knows what that level of commitment means, and i seriously doubt any politicians are in the minority.

in closing, i really feel like strangling jack any where i see him , for a being so disruptive when intrusted with the responsibility of nurturing and developing young impressionable minds with talent, instead he chose to swindle the players out of their just due, conspire to steal government founds together with cooperate funding, stood in the way of up and comming talent, abusing his authority  by denying players the opportunity to be caped,and the worst part!!!!! this is an on going scenario , years in the making.

this turkey should've been in jail ah long time ago together with oliver camps and all crocked politicians, but do you know why they're all off the hook,and free to make more mischief in the land, BC trini's are not committed enough, not patriotic enough, don't have a true sense of national pride where they will die for the red white and black, defending it against all enemies, foreign and domestic. standing up against any abuse to the state or state property, funds, and personnel. holding the custodians responsible for every move they make, which includes law enforcement agents together with their agency, and last but not least, removing the lawlessness from our society, risking life and limb in the process if needs be, this is true patriotism and commitment to the state. and austin jack warner is truly one of the lawless. until then expect more of the same.

it really hurts when ppl stand for nothing, cowering in fear even when it means standing up for themselves,choosing to walk away instead of making a difference, some folks live their lives walking around just having a jolly good time with no kind of conviction whatsoever, not defending ah forking thing, even wild animals would fight and die defending their territory, but not these folks, there's to much rum and beers left to be consume, oh god ah cyar ded now. and that's what really bugs me about my home land,ppl are to complaisant, almost every one's contented to be taken advantage of and hardly anyone stands up against the injustices that plague T&T. could you imagine if DR king , Harriet tubman, Rosa parks, nelson Mandela, Steve Biko, john brown, Nat turner, winston Churchill, Marcus Garvey, didn't stand up for justice against oppression, what the world would've been like today.                   positive

« Last Edit: October 23, 2007, 06:57:15 AM by just cool »

Offline Toussaint

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Haiti Spors
« Reply #22 on: October 23, 2007, 05:59:45 PM »
Haiti's upcoming friendlies:

11-02-07: Haiti vs Saudi Arabia, away
11-17-07: Haiti vs Guyana, away
11-19-07: Haiti vs Nigeria or Senegal, home
11-21-07: Haiti vs Macedonia, home
11-23-07: Haiti vs Macedonia, home

Offline Pasdah Beatz

• Spiritual Seal
  • Hero Warrior
  • I was born to die as a SoCa WaRrIoR
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: October 23, 2007, 07:02:23 PM »
Sorry guys ah know ah go get beat down for this but I'm not confident under Win as i was under Leo
and Jack-@$$ warner still holding the TTFF by de balls
I don't think we will make it
I would love to make that trip to SA but Wim, Jack And Corneals  and Phillips have to go sorry, Plain talk bad manners!!

Offline Flash7

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: October 23, 2007, 08:14:59 PM »

where did u here this from? (and please don't say Sakapfet.com, :-\)

Offline Toussaint

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Haiti Spors
« Reply #25 on: October 24, 2007, 05:46:06 AM »

Nope on HAITISPORTS. Here is their URL: http://haiti24.freeforums.org/index.php

Offline Flash7

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: October 24, 2007, 06:15:32 AM »

well maybe, but i won't believe it until i see it on FIFA.com

Offline E-man

• Hero Warrior
  • Support all Warriors. Red, White and Blacklisted.
    • View Profile
    • T&T Football History
« Reply #27 on: October 24, 2007, 12:24:01 PM »

well maybe, but i won't believe it until i see it on FIFA.com

Nigeria is playing Switzerland in Zurich on the 20th. And UAE is playing Senegal on the 17th. At any rate still looks like a better list than T&T.

Offline just cool

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: October 24, 2007, 05:31:08 PM »

My point exactly!! everyone's preparing save us.  i like the two non english teams to rep the caribbean, haiti and cuba, since they're the only teams that showing positive interest. the way T&T f##k around federation lapsing, i'll be suprise if we make to the final 6. and i don't give a fat monkey's ass who vex wid what i say!!!!
« Last Edit: October 24, 2007, 05:33:13 PM by just cool »

Offline banton

• Hero Warrior
  • football in meh veins football in meh blood
    • View Profile
    • http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XeWOxnWoXKI
« Reply #29 on: October 24, 2007, 05:45:03 PM »

My point exactly!! everyone's preparing save us.  i like the two non english teams to rep the caribbean, haiti and cuba, since they're the only teams that showing positive interest. the way T&T f##k around federation lapsing, i'll be suprise if we make to the final 6. and i don't give a fat monkey's ass who vex wid what i say!!!!

i just cool wit wat you say dey just cool
football in meh veins football in meh blood

1]; } ?>