April 28, 2024, 12:25:57 AM

Author Topic: Team T&T fine  (Read 1012 times)

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Team T&T fine
« on: March 26, 2005, 08:35:58 AM »
Letter to the Trinidad Express

WHY all the hype about branding our national football team as "Soca Warriors" or removing the "Soca" and naming them just "Warriors" blah, blah, blah?

It reminds me of the "Strike Squad". Why on earth can't these expert administrators just leave the drama out of the team and let them be known simply as the Trinidad and Tobago National Football Team aka Team T&T?

Bet you we get the desired results.

THE OBSERVER

Belmont
The Conquering Lion of Judah shall break every chain.

Offline AB.Trini

• Hero Warrior
  • yuh cyar take meh ancestry from meh
    • View Profile
Re: Team T&T fine
« Reply #1 on: March 26, 2005, 10:48:58 AM »
"A ROSE BY ANY OTHER NAME IS STILL A ROSE"

In this era of mass marketing, I see where sports teams try to drum up  funds and fan interest by either bringing out new jerseys or in this case by changing their name as proposed by "adviser Jack Austin Warner announced a name change in keeping with the effort to get T&T to the 2006 World Cup in Germany. Warner said "Soca Warriors" implied gaiety, a stark contrast to Trinidad and Tobago's effort at World Cup qualification, which he said was serious business."Wow what was dis a news flash? or did the power go out all these years? Is now he realize that this is SERIOUS BUSINESS?  Wait nah; yuh really think Mr. Warner that the problem is with the name?

Now if we had a name like "soca jumbies" or soca Tanties" I could see an argument for a revised name but come on, do you think the players are  thinking , 'gaiety" " feteing" when thy go out and play the game?

If it's anything and with due respect to the efforts of  the "Strike Squad" they 'struck out' in the final qualifying game. Did that name incite fear, or strike power? If then you want a game to remind the players then  let's see which names could do it, how about: "WINNERS" "UNBEATABLES" " SUPREMES" "WHALERS" "WARSOMES"  "WRECKERS" You get the point. Let's not focus on the aspect of a name ; let's go and play the game the way we ought to play.

Or gosh we have more serious problems than that? Boy yuh eh see how others go laugh at we? The biggest statement from we leaders is dat we go change we name to make we more serious about how we approach the game. Now that iis real strategy boy dat is Trini tactics!!!!!!

I see that Jamacia made it to world cup with their name. No one implied that their name is about  gaiety, frolicking and ganga?

Let's find the real problems to address. Mr. Warner come in and check out dis site; take yuh time and read all the posts; yuh getting all we advise fuh free. Yuh eh have tuh hire no foreign big arse tuh tell yuh what tuh do.

1]; } ?>