April 25, 2024, 01:13:43 AM

Poll

Will a Premiership side save Kenwyne when Cardiff get relegated?

Yes
6 (18.8%)
No
26 (81.3%)

Total Members Voted: 31

Author Topic: Kenwyne Jones Thread  (Read 247131 times)

Offline Peong

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Kenwyne Jones Thread
« Reply #1140 on: October 14, 2015, 02:20:17 PM »
Somebody buy the man bigger shin pads.  And pants.
Good to hear he ok.

Offline dreamer

• Hero Warrior
  • These fellas are real Warriors.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1141 on: October 14, 2015, 02:59:09 PM »
Great news. Dah was close.
From now on KJ doh even bonx yuh toe. We dependin' on you.
Supportin' de Warriors right tru.

Offline Sam

• Hero Warrior
  • Police face and dog heart.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1142 on: October 14, 2015, 03:28:53 PM »
Thank God de man go be alright.

Faster than a speeding pittbull
Stronger than a shot of ba-bash
Capable of storming any fete

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
« Reply #1143 on: October 15, 2015, 01:54:12 AM »
Jones out for two weeks.
By Nigel Simon (Guardian).

Soca Warriors captain is expected to be available for this country’s opening match of the Concacaf Semi-final Round Group C World Cup qualifier away to Guatemala on November 13.

This after the 31-year-old Jones of Cardiff City avoided serious injury in a collision with Nicaraguan goalkeeper Justo Collado during their international friendly encounter at the Hasely Crawford Stadium, Mucurapo, on Tuesday night, which ended 0-0.

The injury occurred in the 61st minute when Jones, who was on target in the 2-1 win away to Panama a week ago in Panama City, tried to latch onto a through pass from Keron Cummings but collided with Collado.

Following treatment on the field by the Soca Warriors medical staff, Jones was stretchered off and taken to St Clair Medical Centre for observation and after being examined by doctors, the T&T Football Association stated that X-rays on the English-based striker indicated that he suffered no bone damage.

Team Doctor Israel Dowlat stated that Jones sustained soft tissue injury to the left lower leg and was presently non-weight bearing with crutches and is on anti inflammatory medication, and should be able to take the field again in at least two weeks.

Hart pleased with second-half display

Soca Warriors Stephen Hart said he was please with his team’s second-half display in a 0-0 draw with Nicaragua.

The drawn result extended the team’s unbeaten run in regulation-time matches to seven matches, since a 3-0 loss away to Jordan on the eve of the CONCACAF Gold Cup, where T&T’s only loss came at the quarterfinal stage, 6-5 on sudden-death penalties to Panama after a 1-1 draw.

Speaking after the match, Hart said, “I think we were a bit too lethargic in the first half, and maybe its because we went too hard in training with long sessions or maybe it was the fact that we were playing at home. But the way they played the second-half you will have to question that as well. So it could be just the nerves of playing the game at home after a long time.

“But I was really really pleased with the second-half. I thought we just took over the game and Nicaragua realised that and decided to break the whole rhythm of the game and killed the game.

“So on the second-half performance we know what is possible because in the second-half, physically, mentally and technically, I thought it was a very good second-half.”

Questioned as to how his players can deal with the rough tactics of Central Americans teams, Hart said his players could not do anything about it against Panama or Nicaragua but hoped the referee would have taken charge of the match.

He said, “Kenwyne was down on the floor for seven minutes, and they had six minutes overtime, and ok it’s just an exhibition game so I’m not really worried about that, but its just frustrating.

“The amount of time they (Nicaragua) went down, I mean every time they went down, they kept calling for the stretcher, so it just killed the whole second-half because they realised it was just a matter of time before we probably scored.”

Asked what he would like to take from the contest into the opening home match against USA in the Concacaf World Cup qualifiers Hart said, “In the second-half when we put the ball on the ground or moved it with a shorter quicker speed and got the wider players involved I thought that made all the difference and if you look at the amount of crosses we got in and our penetration we got from the right side and the shots on goal we had I was quite please with that.”

With just under a month before T&T plays away to Guatemala in its 2018 World Cup qualifying opener before meeting USA at home four days later, Hart, when asked what areas of his teams he will need to improve first, noted that he already has in his head his final squad but noted he doesn’t have the team until we get together again in November.

“But I’m very pleased with the second-half, and if we put two halves together the way we played the second-half, we will be a difficult team to play against.

“I mean Aikim Andrews came on and gave us some good penetration, Cyrus got into some good positions to deliver crosses and he did so, and Joevin came to life in this game after he was a little sluggish in the Panama game.

“Sometimes the game goes that way, but it wasn’t for the lack of us playing football, its just one of those games.

Look at the opening seven minutes of the match where we had three chances out of one chance to score, but it just did not go in.”

Commenting on his opponents, a former Canada national team coach Hart stated that Nicaragua is a nice team and moved the ball well while not too dissimilar to Guatemala.

“They are not a team that is going to physically run with you, but they try to play among you and past you and I thought we handled it well, and I am not sure how many shots they had on goal as well.”

Looking ahead to the USA match and the tough patch they have endured, four straight defeats, Hart said it’s a problem for their coach, former Germany World Cup winner, Jurgen Klinsman.

“But I think USA will always be a formidable team. They will play with power and strength, and will look to physically beat up on you with a lot of hard running , but right now my thoughts are just with Guatemala.”
'
The real measure of a man's character is what he would do if he knew he would never be found out.

Offline maxg

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1144 on: October 15, 2015, 01:58:45 PM »
“They are not a team that is going to physically run with you, but they try to play among you and past you and I thought we handled it well, and I am not sure how many shots they had on goal as well.”

maybe as Alvin said.. SH should have taken notes with pen & paper (and maybe a calculator too)  smh

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1145 on: October 28, 2015, 01:35:28 PM »
Cardiff City striker Kenwyne Jones could return to face Leeds United with shin injury not as serious as first feared
By Chris Wathan (Wales Online)

Kenwyne Jones has shaken off fears of a lengthy Cardiff City layoff – and could be fit to face Leeds United next week.

But the Bluebirds will again have to be without their star striker for Saturday’s clash with Ipswich as the powerful forward admits he is itching to return and boost their promotion bid.

Jones had prompted worries he could face considerable time on the sidelines when he returned from international duty with Trinidad and Tobago earlier this month on crutches . There were some initial concerns the 31-year-old had broken his leg after a collision with a goalkeeper in the Soca Warrior’s 0-0 draw with Nicaragua.

X-rays soon confirmed the injury wasn’t as bad as first suggested but Cardiff have had to bide their time before getting a full assessment of the former Southampton, Sunderland and Stoke frontman’s fitness.

Now, with the swelling reduced over the shin area affected by the challenge, Bluebirds boss Russell Slade has received the encouraging news Jones can return to training with a target of being involved in Tuesday’s Championship clash at Elland Road.

Yet there will be no chance of Jones making the trip to Portman Road this weekend, where Cardiff seek to put their attacking issues aside against Mick McCarthy’s side.

Cardiff have struggled for goals in Jones’ absence – only the own goal of Middlesbrough’s George Friend coming their way in the past three games – but Slade said: “Of course Kenwyne is an important member of the squad, and has shown his scoring touch for us this season. We’re keen to get him back to full fitness as soon as possible, but must be cautious not to rush things so as not to cause any additional damage.

“He picked up the injury during the last international break with Trinidad and Tobago when he collided with the opposition keeper.

“It is a soft tissue injury to his shin, but he didn’t break a bone, so it isn’t as serious as it could have been. He won’t be in contention for the trip to Ipswich on Saturday; however, we hope that he could travel with the group to face Leeds if he continues to progress.”

Head of medical Hywel Griffiths added: “Kenwyne is progressing really well already. He started to run on the grass yesterday and is progressing well with that individual training work. He should be back in full training on Sunday.”
The Conquering Lion of Judah shall break every chain.

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Can Kenwyne Jones spark a Cardiff City goal spree?
« Reply #1146 on: November 06, 2015, 09:01:01 PM »
Can Kenwyne Jones spark a Cardiff City goal spree? Russell Slade has high hopes for star striker
By Steve Tucker (Wales Online)

Cardiff City boss Russell Slade looks set to thrust star striker Kenwyne Jones back into his starting side as he desperately seeks to end the Bluebirds’ remarkable goal drought.

Slade and his men entertain Reading in the Championship this weekend hoping to find the net for the first time after nearly a staggering nine hours of football.

Joe Mason was the last Cardiff player to score, five minutes into the draw at Brighton a month ago, although a George Friend own goal in the clash with Middlesbrough did ensure the Bluebirds have at least won one game since.

But they crashed 1-0 at Leeds midweek and despite being three points off sixth-place, Slade’s side are starting to lose touch with those above that and they need to return to winning ways against the Royals this weekend.

Slade said the return of Jones, who has been out with a shin injury, but who came off the bench at Elland Road, was a big positive moving forward.

“It is very good news that Kenwyne is back, it is a massive boost for us,” said Slade.

“It has been very frustrating to have to be without him following his injury on international duty and having him back gives us more options.

“You need to have players who offer different threats and we have not had enough of that in recent games as we have been a bit limited in terms of the forwards we have had available.

“So it is very positive for us to have him back, with Idriss (Saadi) and Kiko (Macheda) also close, and we know the threat he carries.”

Slade insisted he had been working with his men all week to try to get them to create more chances and to finally put one away starting this weekend. But he admitted the goal-shy nature of his men had cost the Bluebirds a place in the play-off places.

When games come thick and fast, we only have small windows to work on stuff,” added Slade.

“The final ball, crosses, we are working on all sorts of things. All the things we talk about and work on. We are probably missing that. We know we are probably not in the top six because decision making in the final third was not as good as others. Other teams are edging us. We need to work on creativity and composure in the final third.

“We have got quality and the desire to get a goal, but now it’s not a happening for us for lots of little reasons

“It will be the fact maybe other teams have one or two more options, it may well be that teams are clearly creating more chances than us. They’re having more shots on target than us and got that extra little bit of composure. That’s something we need to work on.”

Cardiff will be without Peter Whittingham against Reading after the midfielder picked up his fifth yellow card of the season at Leeds. He will now serve a one match suspension. Full-back Fabio is out with a foot problem and Kagisho Dikgacoi will also miss the game with a hamstring strain.

Offline trini_stallion

• Hero Warrior
  • soca in mih veins, soca in mih blood...
    • View Profile
« Reply #1147 on: November 07, 2015, 12:55:26 PM »
Skipper start and buss net today!!!
Soca in mih vein, Soca in meh blood
Soca in yuh vein, Soca in blood,
Soca in we vein, Soca in we blood,
It's a heart of love, can't deny soca, cuz its good fuh de soul...
Trinidad and Tobago jump up now!

Offline frico

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1148 on: November 07, 2015, 03:50:08 PM »
KJ starting to be the player we more than half expected him to be,he may even be the match winner against Guatemala.

Offline ON DE BLOCK

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1149 on: November 07, 2015, 05:35:30 PM »
it's no longer Kenwyne but KenWIN Jones...

Offline trini_stallion

• Hero Warrior
  • soca in mih veins, soca in mih blood...
    • View Profile
« Reply #1150 on: November 07, 2015, 06:12:50 PM »
Soca in mih vein, Soca in meh blood
Soca in yuh vein, Soca in blood,
Soca in we vein, Soca in we blood,
It's a heart of love, can't deny soca, cuz its good fuh de soul...
Trinidad and Tobago jump up now!

Offline 100% Barataria

• aka Nachilus
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1151 on: November 07, 2015, 07:17:26 PM »
Education is our passport for the future for the future belongs to those who prepare for it today

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1152 on: November 08, 2015, 10:08:24 AM »
WATCH: Kenwyne Jones scores on his return from injury to lead Cardiff City to a 2-0 win over Reading
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/siaiX4bEP9c?start=43" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/siaiX4bEP9c?start=43</a>

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Cardiff City to reopen contract talks with Kenwyne Jones
« Reply #1153 on: November 27, 2015, 12:39:34 PM »
Cardiff City to reopen contract talks with Kenwyne Jones amid danger of losing him for nothing

Cardiff City manager Russell Slade has given a clear indication that he is determined to tie star striker Kenwyne Jones down to a new contract at the club.

The 31-year-old striker’s current contract in the welsh capital ends next summer and he is yet to put pen paper on a new one.

Since arriving from Stoke in January 2014, Jones has proved an integral part of the Bluebirds side. He was the Bluebirds’ top-scorer last season and has three this campaign despite being hit by injury.

Jones is reportedly the highest-paid player at the club but Slade is hoping a deal can be struck to keep him in January after initial talks a few months ago broke down.

“January will be crucial whatever happens and I will sit down with him,” said Slade.

“Look, Kenwyne, is in my team, he‘s a big part of my plans otherwise we would not have loaned out Alex Revell to Wigan. That shows the intent. We’ve had initial talks with him and our chairman and chief executive and they will resume in January.

“If the club can work out a deal with Kenwyne that would suit all parties I’m sure. All things will be considered. I can only talk about the football side and every time I pick my team, I am showing my hand about where I see my players. If they are not in the team every week that is an indication. Kenwyne when he is up and running and fit, he is normally starting for me.”

Jones looks likely to start as Cardiff host Burnley in the Championship tomorrow. He could see a new strike partner though with Tony watt, in on loan from Charlton, looking to make an impact.

Slade failed in his bid to bring in a Premier League striker too this week , but said he will look again in January to add some more fire power to his squad.

Slade added: “We had a couple we were looking at in the Championship and Premier League. I think there were one or two teams reluctant to loan, but we will look again in January.

Offline dreamer

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1154 on: November 27, 2015, 01:36:41 PM »
You're in the driver's seat KJ. They see how people are talking about your true recently-appreciated worth and how the MLS is dying to get their hands on your goals and market-perfect somersaults.
They know they cyah try to manipulate you by diminishing you anymore and they want to own you again so they can sell you like real estate property
Make them sweat. Tell them you"ll think about it if they release you for the Copa America Centenario qualifier in Jan.
Use your leverage!!!

Offline dreamer

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1155 on: November 30, 2015, 08:00:50 PM »
Glenn spending time looking for wok, probably losing sharpness & match fitness.
KJ, talk to de gaffer an' demand that you can get to play for the Warrior squad against Haiti in January please. Mini crisis is developing and we have to qualify as we are thin in the striker department.
« Last Edit: December 01, 2015, 06:52:40 AM by dreamer »

Offline Sam

• Hero Warrior
  • Police face and dog heart.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1156 on: December 01, 2015, 06:34:53 AM »
Swansea City need a player like Kenwyne on they team right now.

Gomis and Eder shitting down they self.

Faster than a speeding pittbull
Stronger than a shot of ba-bash
Capable of storming any fete

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1157 on: December 04, 2015, 03:21:53 PM »
Cardiff City defender Sean Morrison urges club to throw energies into keeping Kenwyne Jones

Cardiff City defender, Sean Morrison, has urged the club to do all it can to hold onto star striker Kenwyne Jones.

The Trinidad & Tobago internationals sees his contract at Cardiff expire next summer meaning in January he will be free to speak to other clubs with a view to a move.

Cardiff initially started talk about a new deal in the Welsh capital with the 31-year-old in September without a conclusion and recently manager Russell Slade said they would reopen negotiations with Jones and his representatives in the new year.

And Morrison now, who has proved a key member of the Cardiff defence this season, said it was vital Jones remained at the club, branding the striker virtually irreplaceable in the Championship.

“You can’t buy experience Kenwyne’s got. He’s played eight-and-a-half seasons in the Premiership,” said Morrison.

“A player like Kenwyne is vital to a Championship team. He’s big and strong, he’s going to score you goals and not only that he’s going to link up play with people.

“If we can hold on to Ken and get him to play as many minutes as possible and keep him fit, it’s huge for us.”

Jones was linked with a move to Cardiff’s Championship rivals, Sheffield Wednesday, recently and Slade has revealed he will be looking for a new striker in the forthcoming transfer window.

After failing to get a Premier League marksman in on loan recently it is believed the Bluebirds might return next month to try to get their target.

Last season’s top-scorer, Jones has just three goals for the Bluebirds so far this term, but his importance to the side was reiterated recently when a spell out with a shin injury coincided with Cardiff going more than nine hours of football without a Bluebirds’ player finding the net.

Offline frico

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1158 on: December 05, 2015, 02:36:13 PM »
Cornell Glen should be on our squad,and could be as good as KJ if he is injured.

Offline kounty

• Hero Warrior
  • Truthfulness is brighter than the light of the sun
    • View Profile
« Reply #1159 on: December 05, 2015, 03:02:59 PM »
Cornell Glen should be on our squad,and could be as good as KJ if he is injured.
kenwyn had 2 assists today in championship ball. even though the number of goals he score this season not through the roof, the number of goals that kenwyn play a part in for that team is high. Everytime i see cornell glenn highlights is real SSFL level ball i see playing. cornell have men on they backs with the simplest of cutbacks. no disrespect, but they not playing the same level.

Offline Jefferz

• "hopelessly faithful"
  • Hero Warrior
  • Warrior Nation Member #44
    • View Profile
    • facebook.com
« Reply #1160 on: December 06, 2015, 01:58:28 PM »
kenwyn had 2 assists today in championship ball. even though the number of goals he score this season not through the roof, the number of goals that kenwyn play a part in for that team is high. Everytime i see cornell glenn highlights is real SSFL level ball i see playing. cornell have men on they backs with the simplest of cutbacks. no disrespect, but they not playing the same level.

https://youtu.be/1zo8IyOmBWs?t=1m

good work the assists, especially the last one.
since ah born or at least circa Copa Caribe

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1161 on: December 06, 2015, 02:19:55 PM »
Wow !! Nice plays by Kenwyn.

Offline Mose

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1162 on: December 07, 2015, 01:36:11 PM »
That first assist reminds me of the layoff Kenwyne got from Glen recently. Kenwyne's finish was much better though.
Are you a match? It's too late for Emru, but maybe you can help save someone's life: http://www.healemru.com

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1163 on: December 15, 2015, 11:50:21 AM »
Cardiff City WILL offer Kenwyne Jones new deal - but will insist striker takes pay cut

Cardiff City will offer Kenwyne Jones a new contract next month, but want the star striker to take a pay cut, WalesOnline has learned.

The 31-year-old frontman’s current deal runs out in the Welsh capital next summer and he will be free to talk to new clubs when the transfer window opens in January.

Manager Russell Slade wants to hold onto the player, but the club’s hierarchy have decided the new offer on the table for Jones will insist he accepts a lower salary.

The news comes as it emerged the Bluebirds are keen to to offer on loan striker Tony Watt a permanent deal and are also on the lookout for another frontman.

Jones, who joined Cardiff from Stoke in January 2014 in a swap deal that saw Peter Odemwingie move in the opposite direction, is easily the highest paid player at the club with a basic pay-packet of £35,000 a week.

As Slade’s Bluebirds look to secure a play-off spot in the Championship, the club still believes Jones’ goals could prove vital and are said to be very keen to see him sign the new contract and remain in the Welsh capital.

But, as owner Vincent Tan looks to cut finances, it is felt Jones’ salary is now out of step with the current pay structure and must drop.

Slade has already been forced to slash the wage bill since he took over and Jones’ new contract offer is seen as the next step in that process.

An insider within the club told WalesOnline that Jones was still very in the Bluebirds’ future plans, but that "the ball is now in his court" when it came to accepting the new deal. It remains unclear how long the new contract will run should Jones agree to it.

The club originally opened negotiations with Jones and his representatives back in September, but those talks stalled.

Jones was linked in the summer with a move to Cardiff’s Championship rivals Sheffield Wednesday, a club where the striker had a loan spell a decade ago.

The frontman has made 63 appearances for the Bluebirds and fired 17 goals.

He was last season’s top-scorer, but at times has found it hard to earn a place in Slade’s starting XI and has seen this campaign hit by a shin injury picked up whilst on international duty with Trinidad and Tobago. He has three goals in 15 league outings so far this season.

Jones was sent out on loan at the back end of last term as he helped Bournemouth earn promotion to the Premier League. He is set to lead the Bluebirds’ line again tonight, as Slade’s side welcome Brentford to the Welsh capital for their latest Championship encounter.

Offline FireBrand

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1164 on: December 15, 2015, 02:26:12 PM »
K-9 just scored against Brentford.

Goal! Cardiff City 2, Brentford 0. Kenwyne Jones (Cardiff City) right footed shot from very close range to the centre of the goal.
Warrior Nation Member At Large

Offline dreamer

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1165 on: December 15, 2015, 03:16:49 PM »
Take dat in yuh kakahole!
Value continuing to rise. Cyah afford me eh?
Beautiful answer KJ. Just beautiful. Doh let then manipulate you
Get ready to sign in MLS, or Belgium, or Mexico and as soon as you about to put pen to paper,
Cardiff will say, wait wait Mr Jones, we want to offer you the old salary plus bonus!!
« Last Edit: December 15, 2015, 03:18:59 PM by dreamer »

Offline FireBrand

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1166 on: December 15, 2015, 03:49:16 PM »
The game ended 3-2 with KJ scoring again to win in injury time.

Goal! Cardiff City 3, Brentford 2. Kenwyne Jones (Cardiff City) left footed shot from the centre of the box to the bottom left corner. Assisted by Fabio with a cross.
« Last Edit: December 15, 2015, 05:35:32 PM by FireBrand »
Warrior Nation Member At Large

Offline dreamer

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1167 on: December 15, 2015, 04:28:08 PM »
Take dat in yuh kakahole!
Value continuing to rise. Cyah afford me eh?
Beautiful answer KJ. Just beautiful. Doh let then manipulate you
Get ready to sign in MLS, or Belgium, or Mexico and as soon as you about to put pen to paper,
Cardiff will say, wait wait Mr Jones, we want to offer you the old salary plus bonus!!

Oh gude, iz 2 in dey ruckertuhkungkung!!!
Go easy KJ. Easy bro.

Offline palos

• Hero Warrior
  • Test
    • View Profile
« Reply #1168 on: December 15, 2015, 05:48:06 PM »
Nice response to de pay cut contract offer.

January window soon come
Carlos "The Rolls Royce" Edwards

Offline Peong

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1169 on: December 15, 2015, 06:32:21 PM »
 :wavetowel:
Nice going

1]; } ?>