April 20, 2024, 05:01:15 AM

Poll

Will a Premiership side save Kenwyne when Cardiff get relegated?

Yes
6 (18.8%)
No
26 (81.3%)

Total Members Voted: 31

Author Topic: Kenwyne Jones Thread  (Read 246645 times)

Offline Trini _2026

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Kenwyne Jones Thread
« Reply #1320 on: July 13, 2016, 05:10:10 PM »
my gosh he back in the pro league ?????
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4</a>

Offline Fyzoman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1321 on: July 14, 2016, 06:03:57 AM »

Back in the pro league in truth?!?!
"Practice is the best of all instructors"

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1322 on: July 14, 2016, 09:52:22 AM »
I guess China was not on the table.

Offline trini_stallion

• Hero Warrior
  • soca in mih veins, soca in mih blood...
    • View Profile
« Reply #1323 on: July 14, 2016, 10:02:43 AM »
I'm kinda disappointed he didn't stay in England for another 2 years or so
Soca in mih vein, Soca in meh blood
Soca in yuh vein, Soca in blood,
Soca in we vein, Soca in we blood,
It's a heart of love, can't deny soca, cuz its good fuh de soul...
Trinidad and Tobago jump up now!

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1324 on: July 14, 2016, 11:44:05 AM »
I'm kinda disappointed he didn't stay in England for another 2 years or so

And ride pine? !!!  Now TT have the opportunity to go and support Central. One of TT best ever strikers playing locally. lets see all them bandwagon mouthers full up the stadiums

Offline lefty

• Hero Warrior
  • would u like to buy an 'O'.........
    • View Profile
« Reply #1325 on: July 14, 2016, 12:20:32 PM »
Isn't he like the third Trini baller to fall completely out of favour with English football, seem to remember others having to find work outside of england in the past few years

Sent from my BLU ADVANCE 4.0 using Tapatalk

I pity the fool....

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1326 on: July 14, 2016, 12:41:05 PM »
You all focused on everything but ... $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1327 on: July 14, 2016, 12:48:08 PM »

$$$$$$$$$$$$$ will come if Trinis go and see Central play.

Offline Trini _2026

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1328 on: July 14, 2016, 01:24:36 PM »
in the pro league???? ... he was making about 35,000 pounds per week in the UK..central dont even have a sponsor joke thing this
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4</a>

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1329 on: July 14, 2016, 02:58:12 PM »
in the pro league???? ... he was making about 35,000 pounds per week in the UK..central dont even have a sponsor joke thing this

I follow a club in Argentina named San Lorenzo. San Lorenzo has/had a young baller named Héctor Villalba who was no longer figuring in the club's plans, but is a player well-liked at the club. Guess where Héctor heading? He is signed by ATL, but will be loaned to Tijuana for the LigaMX apertura.

A question that comes to mind is: how is/ where is Villalba's salary being sourced? Entirely by Xolos? ;)
« Last Edit: July 14, 2016, 03:00:55 PM by asylumseeker »

Offline palos

• Hero Warrior
  • Test
    • View Profile
« Reply #1330 on: July 14, 2016, 04:09:52 PM »
Let's hold our horses.

My understanding is......KJ has been added to the 30 man roster for the CONCACAF Champions League tournament

He has NOT been signed by Central FC

They are of course INTERESTED in signing him for the tournament and under the right "circumstances" will do just that.

A few important things have to fall into place first for it to happen.

So don't be too excited.....YET...

REPEAT.....KJ has been ADDED TO THE ROSTER so that he can be eligible for the tournament.  They could technically also add Michael Carrick (another free agent) if they wanted.  Of course they would have to have some sort of agreement with him about that.
« Last Edit: July 14, 2016, 05:17:28 PM by palos »
Carlos "The Rolls Royce" Edwards

Offline maxg

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1331 on: July 15, 2016, 11:02:36 AM »
More like a hired gun, who will get to practice his aim and keep his shooting foot tuned..except it never easy, when the targets moving and tackling yuh arse. ;D

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Atlanta United signs striker Kenwyne Jones
« Reply #1332 on: July 15, 2016, 06:13:41 PM »
Atlanta United signs striker Kenwyne Jones
atlutd.com

Atlanta United today announced the signing of 31-year-old striker Kenwyne Jones. Jones comes to Atlanta after spending the majority of his career in the English Premier League and Championship, including time at Southampton, Sunderland, Stoke City and Cardiff City.

Jones is a strong striker and prolific goal scorer with 23 goals in 81 career appearances for his country. He scored over 100 total goals during his professional club career including 40 Premier League goals.

“Kenwyne is a player we have known about and watched for a long time,” said Atlanta United technical director Carlos Bocanegra. “He is a big physical forward who can punish you in the air or behind the defense. We’re very happy that the timing worked out and we were able to acquire him during this transfer window.”

Jones, a native of Trinidad and Tobago, began his professional career in 2002 with T & T clubs Joe Public and W Connection.  In 2004, he signed with Premier League club Southampton before going on loan to Championship side Stoke City in 2005 where he made 13 appearances and scored three goals.  He made 80 appearances for Southampton scoring 22 goals.

Jones moved to Premier League side Sunderland in 2007 where he was an offensive force scoring 32 times in 107 appearances for the club and was named Player of the Season in 2007.  He returned to Stoke City in 2010 on a four-year-deal playing for the squad in its runners-up finish in the 2010 – 2011 FA Cup. In 2014 Jones joined Cardiff City where he was a fan favorite and the top scorer for the 2015 season. Jones has had recent loan spells at AFC Bournemouth and Al Jazira in United Arab Emirates.

Long time captain of the Trinidad and Tobago national team, Jones has been capped at U-18, U-20 and U-23 Olympic team. He represented T & T in the 2006 World Cup and was named Trinidad and Tobago Football Federation’s Player of the Year in 2007.

Bocanegra played against Jones many times in his career and is familiar with his playing style.

“Kenwyne is a well-known player in the region, with top level production and experience in England and for the Trinidad and Tobago National Team,” said Bocanegra. “He is an absolute handful for defenders.”

Jones will join Atlanta United on August 1 and will go out on loan until January.
The Conquering Lion of Judah shall break every chain.

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Kenwyne Jones officially joins ranks of Central F.C.
« Reply #1333 on: July 24, 2016, 06:50:59 PM »
Kenwyne Jones officially joins ranks of Central F.C.
Kenwyne Jones Media

After months of speculation and 14 years on the international football circuit, Trinidad and Tobago's Kenwyne Jones will finally be returning to the playing field at home.

The star striker will officially join the ranks of Central F.C. on loan from August 1 2016 until the end of December 2016. "I'm quite happy to be heading to Central F.C., of course," says Jones of his signing. "I'll be back home playing football again; I haven't done so for a number of years and I'm excited to be back in the mix." Jones recently made waves in international media headlines when it was announced that he would be making his debut in the Major League Soccer arena with expansion team Atlanta United F.C. in 2017. The move was a welcomed one for many fans, including global superstar rapper, actor and Atlanta native, Chrisopher "Ludacris" Bridges, who welcomed Jones with a tweet that has since gone viral on social media.

Speaking on Central F.C.'s current standing as two-time Caribbean Club and TT Pro League Champions, Jones said, "Definitely, Central's position at the top is a great place to be; they have been playing some quality football and just looking at the league in general, it feels good to be a product of that standard of football." Jones looks forward to the prospect of being even more involved in national games, indicating that "(...) of course we have the two World Cup Qualifiers and upcoming Caribbean Cup rounds in October - this makes it the best move. It's a good moment to be home, a good moment to be closely involved in matches between now and December, and it's a good transitioning stage for me before I go off to the new venture in Atlanta."

The signing, seen by Chief Executive Officer of Central F.C. Brent Sancho and other officials as the biggest one in history for the Trinidad and Tobago Pro League, comes as the club heavily prepares to face off against Vancouver Whitecaps next month at the Ato Boldon Stadium.

Kenwyne will make his debut with The Sharks when the Canadians visit for the first game of the Scotiabank CONCACAF Champions League on August 2.

Offline trini_stallion

• Hero Warrior
  • soca in mih veins, soca in mih blood...
    • View Profile
« Reply #1334 on: July 24, 2016, 08:03:45 PM »
Ah wonder how much Sancho paying for his services? I know about being match fit etc. I'm sure he clda get a sweat a lot of other places too
Soca in mih vein, Soca in meh blood
Soca in yuh vein, Soca in blood,
Soca in we vein, Soca in we blood,
It's a heart of love, can't deny soca, cuz its good fuh de soul...
Trinidad and Tobago jump up now!

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1335 on: July 25, 2016, 07:51:39 AM »
Big up to de skipper. :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Kenwyne Jones: Atlanta United are making history and I want to be part of it
« Reply #1336 on: July 25, 2016, 09:03:46 AM »
Kenwyne Jones: Atlanta United are making history and I want to be part of it
By Bob Williams (The Telegraph)

Atlanta United, the MLS expansion side who will join the league in 2017, now have seven players in their squad but by far the biggest-name signing so far is striker Kenwyne Jones.

The Trinidad and Tobago international - who spent much of his career in the Premier League with the likes of Sunderland and Stoke - caused a media stir when it was announced he was joining two weeks ago.

So much so that the rapper Ludacris, who hails from the city, gave the 31-year-old a warm welcome on Twitter.

Ahead of his arrival in Atlanta this week, Jones took time to answer some questions from The Telegraph about his imminent move.

Q How did the move to Atlanta United come about?

A Well it was pretty much going through various familiar channels of people in my network who know officials in Atlanta, who worked with my agents, reps and my camp in general.

Q How did the club sell themselves to you? Did you visit them? What did they say their plans were?

A It was all about the plans of the club. Most importantly though, it was about mutual respect that showed throughout the process, it was impressive.

Carlos [Bocanegra] and the admin knew what they wanted, my camp and I knew what I was looking for, so the interest of them wanting me and me going there sort of felt like a natural progression.

Q Have you always wanted to play in MLS?

A At some points in my career, yeah I thought about it. The MLS interest has always been there, especially as a member of the CONCACAF region.

Q Did you have other options? If yes, why did you pick Atlanta?

A I had quite a few other options, yes. But at this stage of my career it would mean a lot to be a part of something new. There’s history being made here; it’s a new era of football for Atlanta and the MLS, and I want to be a part of that. Also, being closer to home [Trinidad and Tobago] is a big plus.

Q What do you think will be the biggest challenges - plane travel, turf, being on a brand new team etc?

A I don’t think I need to worry about big challenges, because over the last 14 years in my career, I’ve honestly seen, experienced and learned a lot.

Plane travel, I’ve done it all – from Trinidad to Dubai. Climate, I’ve dealt with it all as a Caribbean footballer in different continents. New team dynamics, I’ve worked with and learned from the best talents and administrations in Premier and Championship leagues.

Being a new franchise, there will be challenges, it’s a part of the growth process. I’m really confident in the people at the top of the administrative side of AUFC – they are all football people with lots of experience both on and off the field. It’s definitely a journey that I’m looking forward to.

Q You must have been pleased with the reaction online - lots of tweets etc...

A Yeah definitely, I’m always glad to talk to fans and just generally getting the chance to see so many people passionate in the moment about me coming, and supporting the club and the MLS as a whole on this new expansion adventure.

Q You even got a tweet from the rapper Ludacris - do you know each other?

A I guess we know each other now! I’ve always been a fan of his music and his love for his home city. He and the entire AUFC family are looking forward to welcoming me and my family to Atlanta soon, and yeah I’m ready to hit that Georgia flow.

Q How important is your upcoming loan spell at Central FC before your move to Atlanta?

A As captain of the T&T team, being in shape for national duties is really important, with World Cup qualifiers still ongoing. I’ll be working hard to remain active and be in top form.

Q Does the fact that you are going to MLS aged 31 - and not 35 - show that the league is becoming more attractive place for players?

A I guess it can give an indication to all sorts of people. Everyone has an idea on when they think they’re ready to be a part of something.

For me, quality will always be key, and it’s a good time for me to be going to Atlanta United to help improve the league and set the franchise on a historic journey, play at the highest level and always give 100 per cent to the club, the fans and the sport.

Offline palos

• Hero Warrior
  • Test
    • View Profile
« Reply #1337 on: July 25, 2016, 10:14:50 AM »
Q How important is your upcoming loan spell at Central FC before your move to Atlanta?

A As captain of the T&T team, being in shape for national duties is really important, with World Cup qualifiers still ongoing. I’ll be working hard to remain active and be in top form.
Got to admire KJ's diplomacy here.

Nowhere did he say he playing for Central FC yet managed to "defuse" the question. 

Impressive
Carlos "The Rolls Royce" Edwards

Offline g

• mr greggle71
  • Hero Warrior
  • semi match fit
    • View Profile
« Reply #1338 on: July 26, 2016, 06:10:26 AM »
I would hazard a guess that ATL United probably paying part of his wages during the loan spell to ensure they secured his services during the transfer window before other clubs did.
Soca Warriors, the pride of a nation

Offline Jumbie

• ~~~ JUMBIE ~~~
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1339 on: July 26, 2016, 07:42:41 PM »
Best Of Luck Captain!

Offline reggae-fan

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1340 on: July 28, 2016, 12:38:38 PM »
Guess i will be seeing Jones live when Atlanta United bows into action in the 2017 MLS season...they will be playing in the brand new Mercedes Benz stadium, which i hear will be one of if not the best general purpose stadium in the US when it opens. Hope they can assemble a good team.

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Personal experience fueled Carlos Bocanegra's pursuit of Kenwyne Jones
« Reply #1341 on: August 04, 2016, 08:26:26 PM »
Personal experience fueled Carlos Bocanegra's pursuit of Kenwyne Jones
By Payson Schwin (mlssoccer.com)

It wasn't that long ago that Atlanta United technical director Carlos Bocanegra was a player himself, giving him a personal, up-close knowledge of many of the players he is currently considering acquiring for the MLS expansion club which starts play in 2017.

In a career that spanned the end of the 2014 MLS season, Bocanegra played against hundreds of players both on the international stage with the US national team and on the club level in England, France, Spain, Scotland, and MLS. One of those was Kenwyne Jones, the veteran Premier League striker and Trinidad & Tobago international who signed on with Atlanta United last month.

While Bocanegra admits that Jones is a “well-known guy in CONCACAF circles” and that “everybody knows about him over here,” few MLS personnel executives can say they’ve actually played against Jones at the highest levels.

Bocanegra knows the T&T captain better than most because the two have faced off on at least four occasions: three times during World Cup qualifiers – in February 2005, April 2009, and September 2009 – and once in the English Premier League.

Bocanegra and the rest of the U.S. backline kept Jones scoreless in the three international matches, all of which ended in victories for the USA. (None of Jones' 23 international goals have come against the US, though that could change when T&T face the Americans in Jacksonville in September.)

However, Jones scored against Bocanegra's team in their Premier League match on October 27, 2007, a 1-1 draw between Fulham and Sunderland.

While Bocanegra said he doesn’t recall specific details of his individual on-field matchups with Jones, he does know Jones’ size and strength made an impression.

“What I do remember about him is that he’s a big, physical guy. And I remember his elbows were right around my chin and nose area, which you don’t like as a defender too much,” Bocanegra said.

“He’s a tough guy and I do recall for his size he has good pace, and obviously you see the power.”

Bocanegra said that while technical ability isn't Jones’ greatest asset, his speed and athleticism are first-rate.

“Sometimes he can be unconventional as far as – not in a bad way, but maybe his first touch is not fantastic every time,” Bocanegra conceded. “But he’s strong enough that he can power through you, almost. It’s not pretty, necessarily, but it’s effective.

“For a defender, that’s difficult to deal with,” added Bocanegra. “You’re not actually sure each time how he’s going to try and hurt you.”

Jones’ on-the-field strengths come through in another way, too.

“You notice it in his game,” said Bocanegra, “but even in a silly thing like his goal celebration, the back flips he’s doing. It’s a funny thing to say, but the athleticism shows with that as well.”

Bocanegra and Jones share a common bond, not just as experienced professionals, but also as long-time leaders of their respective national teams.

“He’s the captain of his country, which is fantastic,” said Bocanegra, who served as captain of the US national team. “He’s got that veteran experience. He’s been in a bunch of different dressing rooms, so he knows how to manage those.”

Bocanegra said Atlanta United were impressed by Jones’ character, both on and off the field, which they hope can help instill a positive, team-oriented culture at the club.

“That’s something we look at, 100 percent,” Bocanegra said. “Is he a good guy? Is he going to fit in our locker room? Is he potentially going to help our younger strikers around him? Is he a team guy or is he in it only for himself? Those are all the things we look at when we’re trying to build a team because we have to build a culture as well.”

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1342 on: August 12, 2016, 12:39:53 PM »
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/ninHaKu-Y7E" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/ninHaKu-Y7E</a>
« Last Edit: August 12, 2016, 06:06:26 PM by Tallman »

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Kenwyne Jones completes transfer to Central FC
« Reply #1343 on: August 12, 2016, 06:41:22 PM »
Kenwyne Jones completes transfer to Central FC
Central FC Media

T&T national team captain, Kenwyne Jones recently signed for new MLS club Atlanta United and immediately agreed to join Central F.C. on loan. He will be in the starting line up vs Kansas City, possibly teaming up with Centrals other new signing, Carlos Edwards. Central F.C. Media met up with Kenwyne to discuss his reasons for this decision.

CFC: Kenwyne, many people may have been surprised by your choice of clubs. Can you tell us why you chose to join Atlanta United?
KJ: I think I just wanted a fresh challenge. Playing in England was great, but after so many years I thought it would be good to use my experience to build something new. Atlanta have great plans and I love the city. Joining Atlanta gave me the chance to influence football in that city and help to build their brand. It's a very exciting opportunity.

CFC: But why accept a loan to Central F.C.?
KJ: I had received interest from various clubs around the world including England. But there were several factors that, combined, made Central the right choice for me. First, I wanted to be closer to the national team with the World Cup qualifiers approaching. Being based in T&T will give me a lot more access to Stephen Hart without the pressure from foreign clubs not wanting to allow you to leave too early. Also, the journey does effect your performance.

Secondly, I wanted the chance to play Champions League football. While we all know that UEFA Champions League is the premier club tournament, the SCCL is growing year by year. Having never played MLS football, this gives me the chance to play a few games against MLS opponents to prepare myself for the upcoming season. Its a great opportunity for me to introduce myself to the MLS public and hopefully increase the interest in Atlanta United.

Of course, another reason is that it's great to be at home for a few months. I've been overseas for more than 10 years so it feels great to live and play at home for a while.  Brent , Stern and Dale are former team mates and that's a formidable combination for a Pro League club. Their results speak for themselves. I am proud to be playing with the Caribbean champions and I've loved training with the guys, many of whom I know from the national team.

CFC: Do you think the standard of the Pro League is beneath your ability?
KJ: Well, first off, one man doesn't make a team. You only get from every game what you put in. I approach training and games just the  same whether  Pro League or EPL.  Of course, some teams will be better than others, but generally you have to look at your own performance first.  I think the Pro League is unfairly criticised. Pro League teams record in the Caribbean Club Championships shows that the top Pro League teams have quality. The step up to becoming real challengers in the Champions League requires much more than the clubs can provide. I'm very disappointed at seeing the low level of support at games. Football is our number one sport yet people prefer to sit in a bar watching Barcelona. Obviously, we're all interested in watching the worlds top teams, but football supporting is about participation. You need to attend games and influence the outcome. I was amazed at the Vancouver game to see 1,500 people behave like they were in a library! There was no buzz. The crowd only reacted when Central made a bad pass or lost the ball. In England, supporters – men, women and children – will turn up at our stadium to shovel snow off the pitch so the game can play. They don't get paid, they just love their team and want to help. Local supporters need to get involved more. Once we can improve attendances, TV will want to cover the games. That, in turn, will help to finance clubs and attract sponsors. While clubs, and the league, have their part to play, the football public must also step up.

CFC: Do you see the Pro League as important to our national football development?
KJ: Of course. Look at how many of our national players began with Pro League clubs. The professional league gave me my start. Many Caribbean countries would love a professional league. We just don't appreciate it enough. You need to be training and playing 24/7 to make the grade. You can't do this properly if you have to go to work and train later. Also, the league gives you access to the CFU and CONCACAF football, which is great experience and helps player development.

CFC: Do you think that you will help increase interest in the Pro League?
KJ: Without wanting to sound arrogant, yes I do believe there will be more interest. I also think that it will help to spread the Pro League brand overseas. I'd really like to think that I can help to develop the league by attracting more spectators and sponsors. In the end, I owe my career to the start I received in this league so I'd like to influence a change in how Trinis relate to the league.

CFC: Do you think Central are able to compete with the likes of Vancouver and Kansas City?
KJ: After training with the lads, I could see that lack of match fitness was an issue against Whitecaps. They were totally beatable and had they played Central last May, Central would have won that game. I was also impressed with Sean de Silva who played despite suffering from Zika. That kind of determination impresses me and I believe we can get a result against Kansas and get some points on the road. I expect Kansas to take 4 points from Whitecaps so we need to win two games out of the three remaining games. Once we get some decent practice games under our belts, I'm confident we can turn in a top performance.

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Kenwyne Jones ready for SCCL as Central FC prepares for Sporting KC
« Reply #1344 on: August 16, 2016, 03:46:01 PM »
Kenwyne Jones ready for SCCL as Central FC prepares for Sporting KC
CONCACAF.com

Central FC faces a critical Scotiabank CONCACAF Champions League showdown with visiting Group C rival Sporting Kansas City at Ato Boldon Stadium on Tuesday.

And the current Caribbean champion do so with a massive reinforcement.

The Sharks announced that Trinidad & Tobago international forward Kenwyne Jones – a long-time standout in the English Premier League -- has joined the club on loan from Major League Soccer expansion side Atlanta United and is available for selection.

“This guy is not here as a marquee player for promotional purposes. He is part of the squad and will be treated the same,” Central FC head coach Dale Saunders said. “Kenwyne will add quality, composure and leadership to the team and he will be a key to Central winning their Champions League group.”

Central opened the competition with a 1-0 home loss to the Vancouver Whitecaps on August 2. Saunders insists the difference was that Vancouver is in the middle of its season and his side is still in preseason.

“We were never outclassed,” remarked Saunders. “But we stepped up where we should have and that’s purely down to match fitness.”

With road matches against Vancouver and Sporting on the horizon, Saunders understands that a win is crucial for Central’s hopes of advancing out of the group.

“It’s simple,” he expressed. “We have to win this game and get four points on the road to qualify. Whitecaps took advantage of our lack of match fitness, but we’ve played several Pro League clubs this week and will be better prepared. With Kenwyne in the squad, I’ll have more options. Both Vancouver and Kansas are totally beatable and I’m confident that we will win on Tuesday.”

Sporting Kansas City makes its 2016/17 SCCL debut after playing host FC Dallas to a 2-2 draw on Saturday as forward Dominic Dwyer struck for a brace, giving him a team-best 12 goals.

“Wins are important anywhere you are, but everybody else has to play their games as well,” Sporting Kansas City coach Peter Vermes said after the match. “Points at the end of the season every year go all over the place. We just have to keep trying to grind out as many points as we can with each game.”

Vermes is hoping to build off that performance heading into Tuesday night’s clash with Central.

“I think if a few things in this league go your way, it’s amazing how fast things can turn in your favor,” Vermes said. “So the good thing is we’re still plugging away and fighting game after game, and you see that in the way our players play. That’s the positive thing on my side.”

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1345 on: August 16, 2016, 04:14:34 PM »
Is this game tonight?

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1346 on: August 16, 2016, 04:19:41 PM »

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1347 on: August 16, 2016, 04:22:59 PM »

Offline 100% Barataria

• aka Nachilus
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1348 on: August 16, 2016, 06:06:11 PM »
Game about to start on Univision if you have it.  KJ starting, Cummings on de bench

Edit:  just missed a relative sitter
« Last Edit: August 16, 2016, 06:08:15 PM by 100% Barataria »
Education is our passport for the future for the future belongs to those who prepare for it today

Offline Cocorite

• Hero Warrior
  • John 5:24
    • View Profile
« Reply #1349 on: August 16, 2016, 07:06:47 PM »
Not even KJ can pulla crowd
Socawarriors Need A Winning Mentality

1]; } ?>