April 18, 2024, 05:13:10 PM

Poll

Will a Premiership side save Kenwyne when Cardiff get relegated?

Yes
6 (18.8%)
No
26 (81.3%)

Total Members Voted: 31

Author Topic: Kenwyne Jones Thread  (Read 246418 times)

Offline Mad Scorpion a/k/a Big Bo$$

• Hero Warrior
  • a/k/a Optimus Prime
    • View Profile
Re: Is Kenwyne Jones position in jeopardy?
« Reply #360 on: August 17, 2011, 10:55:24 AM »
Nope!!

Offline de_redman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #361 on: August 17, 2011, 12:05:04 PM »
No! Fact is Kenwyne and Jon Walters are the only fit strikers the club has...

Offline madness

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #362 on: August 17, 2011, 12:08:19 PM »
not in jeopardy

Offline elan

• Go On ......Get In There!!!!!!!!
  • Hero Warrior
  • WaRRioR fOr LiFe!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #363 on: August 17, 2011, 01:10:17 PM »
Spurs looking to pick up Adebayor.
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4</a>

Offline dinho

• Hero Warrior
  • Yesterday is Yesterday and Today is Today!
    • View Profile
« Reply #364 on: August 17, 2011, 01:33:29 PM »
Stoke mission is to stock the side with as many tall men and wild men as possible.. I think they start the last game with 4 centre backs..

The more the merrier.

Offline just cool

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #365 on: August 17, 2011, 04:19:28 PM »
From what i read, they were in for rodelliaga or what ever his name is (the fella that show up scotty)  :devil:. right now stoke only have two fit strikers, KJ and walters. that's it, the squad down to the bare marrow.
The pen is mightier than the sword, Africa for Africans home and abroad.Trinidad is not my home just a pit stop, Africa is my destination,final destination the MOST HIGH.

Offline Jayerson

• Hero Warrior
  • Gunners for life
    • View Profile
Re: Kenwyne Jones Thread
« Reply #366 on: August 18, 2011, 01:21:54 PM »
Stoke just beat F.C. Thun 1 - 0 in the Europa League, in Switzerland. Kenwynne was taken off in the 66th minute.

Offline saint27

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
Jones has some competition up top !!!
« Reply #367 on: August 31, 2011, 06:13:20 PM »
So Kenwyne have a lil competition this season with the arrivals of Crouch and Jerome ....he hadda work hard or might find himself park on d bench .....wonder what Kenwyne we will see for the rest of the season

Offline Cocorite

• Hero Warrior
  • John 5:24
    • View Profile
Re: Jones has some competition up top !!!
« Reply #368 on: August 31, 2011, 06:20:42 PM »
So Kenwyne have a lil competition this season with the arrivals of Crouch and Jerome ....he hadda work hard or might find himself park on d bench .....wonder what Kenwyne we will see for the rest of the season

It's all good. I expect him to up his game.
Socawarriors Need A Winning Mentality

Offline saint27

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #369 on: August 31, 2011, 06:28:49 PM »
Hopefully this will give him a lil more drive ..... Cuz any 4 of the forwards could start at any time in any partnership

Offline mukumsplau

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #370 on: August 31, 2011, 06:33:51 PM »
they need the depth since theyll b in europe

Offline Peong

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #371 on: August 31, 2011, 07:42:46 PM »
So who is better between KJ and Crouch? 

Offline trini_stallion

• Hero Warrior
  • soca in mih veins, soca in mih blood...
    • View Profile
« Reply #372 on: August 31, 2011, 08:39:42 PM »

that aint even ah worthy comparison...crouch is ah SHITTTTHONG!!!

Soca in mih vein, Soca in meh blood
Soca in yuh vein, Soca in blood,
Soca in we vein, Soca in we blood,
It's a heart of love, can't deny soca, cuz its good fuh de soul...
Trinidad and Tobago jump up now!

• Hero Warrior
  • a/k/a Optimus Prime
    • View Profile
« Reply #373 on: September 01, 2011, 07:52:12 AM »

When last you see KJ miss a point blank header like Crouch did this weekend against Man City?  Crouch will only start if KJ needs a rest.  look fuh KJ and Jerome to be a regular tandem as the season progresses.  I agree with Stallion this question eh even worth an answer doh

Offline Peong

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #374 on: September 01, 2011, 07:56:12 AM »
KJ better at headers but Crouch is better with the ball at his feet.

• Hero Warrior
  • a/k/a Optimus Prime
    • View Profile
« Reply #375 on: September 01, 2011, 08:06:20 AM »

No argument there but until Stoke start playing ball consistently on the ground KJ is still the biggest and most potent threat.  Apart from that (despite the fee) I envison Jerome and KJ working in tandem.  Jerome better on the ground than both Crouch and KJ and will benefit from KJs play much like Bent at Sunderland.  Crouch is slower and a worse overall finisher, I just cant understand why these managers love him so nah.  he is ah rank shithong to me!!

Offline Mose

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #376 on: September 01, 2011, 08:38:23 AM »

No argument there but until Stoke start playing ball consistently on the ground KJ is still the biggest and most potent threat.  Apart from that (despite the fee) I envison Jerome and KJ working in tandem.  Jerome better on the ground than both Crouch and KJ and will benefit from KJs play much like Bent at Sunderland.  Crouch is slower and a worse overall finisher, I just cant understand why these managers love him so nah.  he is ah rank shithong to me!!

They like Crouch's height despite the fact that he's NOT good in the air. Might be interesting to see him AND KJ in the same lineup though. Two really tall strikers who are also good with the ball at their feet.
« Last Edit: September 01, 2011, 08:55:42 AM by Mose »
Are you a match? It's too late for Emru, but maybe you can help save someone's life: http://www.healemru.com

• Hero Warrior
  • a/k/a Optimus Prime
    • View Profile
« Reply #377 on: September 01, 2011, 08:51:43 AM »
They like Crouch's height despite the fact that he's NOT good in the air.
U are right and that makes dem look stupid because only half decent aeirial ability at 6'5" and higher is a waste.  Unless they plan to bombard teams with missiles thru the air he and KJ not gonna be on together and barring injury dat guy have nutten atall on KJ even with slightly better ball controlling ability.  Waste of money on Pulis part.  Better he did go back fuh Carew (where de hell is he anyway?).

Offline kicker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #378 on: September 01, 2011, 09:21:58 AM »
Crouch strength in the air is redirecting long balls to runners in the run of play- he very good at that, which is why he was a 100% stater for Tott in their CL campaign last season (and not always domestically) - sides from the continent had a hard time dealing with that big man target (until he pelt two chupid blade against Madrid, and it all fell apart) - in the box though Crouch seems to prefer the ball at his feet (unless he have a dreadlocks tuh hold on to  ;D)... To me KJ is good at both, redirecting the long balls, and attacking the aerial balls in the box...His on the ground game is very basic- lay off and clear the channel....so I doh see how dem two gonna complement eachother.  I think KJ will thrive best in a lone striker scenario or a big man/small man pairing...and tuh be honest, Stoke game is built around KJ - Pulis is a simple, direct manager, not trying to punch above his weight like Steve Bruce attempting to acquire "skill players" to play a more sophisticated more complex approach game...

At the moment iz KJ and any odder 10 it look like. 
« Last Edit: September 01, 2011, 09:25:10 AM by kicker »
Live life 90 minutes at a time....Football is life.......

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #379 on: September 01, 2011, 09:47:18 AM »

I can't believe men still making this argument after the way the situations have played out for both teams.  Yes, I'm sure Bent 'benefitted' from KJ's play the way any striker would from having another threat on his team alongside.... but the implication has always been that "if not for KJ Bent woulda never score all dem goals".  Bent has scored everywhere he's been, regardless as to which team and who's on the field.  The man know how to position himself to poach goals.  Bent scored 25 goals alongside KJ (assuming they were both on the field all the time) and 20 goals the season after KJ moved on to Stoke (11 w/Sunderland, 9 with Villa).  Kenwyne's game has never benefitted any other player to the great extent allyuh trying to make it.

And Crouch is still a very good player, man just hating on him fuh what happen in Germany 5 yrs ago.  He's deadly with both head and feet and moves better off the ball.  Crouch's header at City might have been 'point blank' as you say (which it wasn't), but by no means was it a sitter... he tried to place it far post past Hart and just missed by about a foot or less.  Happens all the time.

They like Crouch's height despite the fact that he's NOT good in the air. Might be interesting to see him AND KJ in the same lineup though. Two really tall strikers who are also good with the ball at their feet.

Since when is Crouch not good in the air?  Since when is KJ good with the ball at his feet for that matter?
« Last Edit: September 01, 2011, 09:49:51 AM by Bakes »

• Hero Warrior
  • a/k/a Optimus Prime
    • View Profile
« Reply #380 on: September 01, 2011, 10:32:01 AM »
I can't believe men still making this argument after the way the situations have played out for both teams.  Yes, I'm sure Bent 'benefitted' from KJ's play the way any striker would from having another threat on his team alongside.... but the implication has always been that "if not for KJ Bent woulda never score all dem goals".  Bent has scored everywhere he's been, regardless as to which team and who's on the field.  The man know how to position himself to poach goals.  Bent scored 25 goals alongside KJ (assuming they were both on the field all the time) and 20 goals the season after KJ moved on to Stoke (11 w/Sunderland, 9 with Villa).  Kenwyne's game has never benefitted any other player to the great extent allyuh trying to make it.

And Crouch is still a very good player, man just hating on him fuh what happen in Germany 5 yrs ago.  He's deadly with both head and feet and moves better off the ball.  Crouch's header at City might have been 'point blank' as you say (which it wasn't), but by no means was it a sitter... he tried to place it far post past Hart and just missed by about a foot or less.  Happens all the time.

Since when is Crouch not good in the air?  Since when is KJ good with the ball at his feet for that matter?

Hoss I never cared about what he did in Germany enough to hold that against him.  He did what many other players would have done if they thought they could get away with it.  Against City you could say what yuh want but dat was goal if was KJ.  As fuh de Bent thing you could see it how yuh want but notice it decreased the next season though.  I doh understand why people like try to diminish KJ contribution when even Bent himself said he loved playing alonside KJ and aluded to the very same benefit that I suggested.  Either way is all opinions, u have urs I have mine.  :beermug:

Offline Mose

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #381 on: September 01, 2011, 10:39:46 AM »
I've never found Crouch to be 'good in the air'. Despite the fact that he's 6'7" or thereabouts. Maybe it's because he's so tall that he seems worse than he actually is. Don't get me wrong, I'm not saying that the man can't head a ball but given his height he doesn't seem to be dominant in the air. And as I remember one commentator saying "Peter Crouch is the only player he's ever seen who seems to lose height when he jumps".

As for KJ, despite the fact that he's been used for his height and ability to win balls in the air, I find he has pretty decent ball control (though he's been criticized for having a heavy first touch). I'm thinking about some of the passes and layoffs in the box I saw him make last season and a couple of runs he made in some of his better games for Stoke last season (don't remember the specific games).
Are you a match? It's too late for Emru, but maybe you can help save someone's life: http://www.healemru.com

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #382 on: September 01, 2011, 11:33:27 AM »
Hoss I never cared about what he did in Germany enough to hold that against him.  He did what many other players would have done if they thought they could get away with it.  Against City you could say what yuh want but dat was goal if was KJ.  As fuh de Bent thing you could see it how yuh want but notice it decreased the next season though.  I doh understand why people like try to diminish KJ contribution when even Bent himself said he loved playing alonside KJ and aluded to the very same benefit that I suggested.  Either way is all opinions, u have urs I have mine.  :beermug:

That drop off of 5 goals easily could be attributed to him moving to Villa in the middle of the season and trying to fit into a new system... he still managed to score 9 goals in just 16 appearances for villa, in keeping with the 11 in 23 games for Sunderland that same year.  I not at all trying to diminish KJ's effect at Sunderland, I just find it ludicrous for man to imply that he made Bent into the player he was at Sunderland when Bent is and has always been that player, a born goal scorer.

• Hero Warrior
  • a/k/a Optimus Prime
    • View Profile
« Reply #383 on: September 02, 2011, 07:15:42 AM »
That drop off of 5 goals easily could be attributed to him moving to Villa in the middle of the season and trying to fit into a new system... he still managed to score 9 goals in just 16 appearances for villa, in keeping with the 11 in 23 games for Sunderland that same year.  I not at all trying to diminish KJ's effect at Sunderland, I just find it ludicrous for man to imply that he made Bent into the player he was at Sunderland when Bent is and has always been that player, a born goal scorer.

I fuhget U is ah 3 Lions fan eh, ah really did.  Nobody eh say he make Bent hoss.  All I say is Jerome stand to benefit similarly to how Bent did during the partnership.  And doh matter wha yuh say Bent take he own mouth and said he enjoy playing with KJ because it free him up.

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #384 on: September 02, 2011, 07:55:51 AM »
I fuhget U is ah 3 Lions fan eh, ah really did.  Nobody eh say he make Bent hoss.  All I say is Jerome stand to benefit similarly to how Bent did during the partnership.  And doh matter wha yuh say Bent take he own mouth and said he enjoy playing with KJ because it free him up.

I support TnT first of all... so I dunno what me being ah England supporter have to do with anything.  Funny yuh should say nobody say he make Bent... I seem to recall you yuhself saying as much, albeit in another thread.  Of course Bent go say he enjoy playing with KJ... yuh expect him tuh say otherwise?  Come nah man... lol

Offline ON DE BLOCK

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #385 on: September 02, 2011, 08:09:53 AM »
looking forward to see KJ no hand back flip, meaning, buss bermuda net an start the road to brazil with a bang in group B.

Offline Coop's

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #386 on: September 02, 2011, 08:21:25 AM »
My take on this situation is this,regardless to what we think and feel about Crouch he is an English international and where ever he goes they will have to find a place for him to play on a regular basis,wheather it's starting or coming off the bench,having good games or playing bad.

• Hero Warrior
  • a/k/a Optimus Prime
    • View Profile
« Reply #387 on: September 02, 2011, 09:11:00 AM »

I support TnT first of all... so I dunno what me being ah England supporter have to do with anything.  Funny yuh should say nobody say he make Bent... I seem to recall you yuhself saying as much, albeit in another thread.  Of course Bent go say he enjoy playing with KJ... yuh expect him tuh say otherwise?  Come nah man... lol

U like a f**kin elephant eh lmao.  Wey ah say dat sucka?!!  Anyhow yuh right eh is nuh like he couldna just say it works an is good instead ah talkin bout how much he love it  ;D  Now stop derailin de friggin thread wid yuh Bent tawk dis is about shit pot Crouch being as good as KJ overall

Offline frico

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Jones continues to miss.
« Reply #388 on: September 07, 2011, 03:51:17 AM »
Kenwyn Jones might be playing in the EPL and scores some goals from time to time,he is no way prolific as we know,he is now back trying to help TT qualify for Brazil 2014 but he continues to be our most prolific when it comes too missing easy goals.Jones was also our most prolific "misser"in our attempt to qualify for South Africa and had he taken half those chances we would have gone to SA,he is now our captain so the missing may continue for some time unless he is put in midfield.He missed 3 sitters against Bim and also missed at least 2 easy ones against Bermuda,he shouldn't be our first choice striker,I hope Otto Pfister can make that change.How can any supporter be happy with our first 2 matches when we are left to hope that we improve,if we continue the way we are presently playing Guyana may top this group,its a reality and we cant keep kidding ourselves that we are waiting to gel because our core players have played together for 180 minutes and are off again until November,too much talk has been placed on gelling,the main reason for our lame performances is our inability to put away easy chances and that may come back to haunt us.I bloody well hope it doesn't,please Mr.Pfister move Jones to mid field,he may not have the oppurtunity to miss somany easy chances.

Offline andre samuel

• Hero Warrior
  • "ah love it!!"
    • View Profile
Re: Jones continues to miss.
« Reply #389 on: September 07, 2011, 04:59:55 AM »
Kenwyn Jones might be playing in the EPL and scores some goals from time to time,he is no way prolific as we know,he is now back trying to help TT qualify for Brazil 2014 but he continues to be our most prolific when it comes too missing easy goals.Jones was also our most prolific "misser"in our attempt to qualify for South Africa and had he taken half those chances we would have gone to SA,he is now our captain so the missing may continue for some time unless he is put in midfield.He missed 3 sitters against

Total rubbish!!

Here we go again!!
Andre Samuel, who controls all the rights to the phrase "ah love it!!"

1]; } ?>