March 28, 2024, 12:57:51 PM

Poll

Will a Premiership side save Kenwyne when Cardiff get relegated?

Yes
6 (18.8%)
No
26 (81.3%)

Total Members Voted: 31

Author Topic: Kenwyne Jones Thread  (Read 244360 times)

Dumplingdinho

Re: Jones continues to miss.
« Reply #390 on: September 07, 2011, 05:05:45 AM »
frico,

did u see the "sitters" KJ missed?

Offline davidephraim

• Do Good and Live!!
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #391 on: September 07, 2011, 05:16:50 AM »
Kenwyn Jones might be playing in the EPL and scores some goals from time to time,he is no way prolific as we know,he is now back trying to help TT qualify for Brazil 2014 but he continues to be our most prolific when it comes too missing easy goals.Jones was also our most prolific "misser"in our attempt to qualify for South Africa and had he taken half those chances we would have gone to SA,he is now our captain so the missing may continue for some time unless he is put in midfield.He missed 3 sitters against

Total rubbish!!

Here we go again!!

We could only get dis for free!
Warren N. Boucaud

Offline Fyzoman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #392 on: September 07, 2011, 05:35:10 AM »
Kenwyn Jones might be playing in the EPL and scores some goals from time to time,he is no way prolific as we know,he is now back trying to help TT qualify for Brazil 2014 but he continues to be our most prolific when it comes too missing easy goals.Jones was also our most prolific "misser"in our attempt to qualify for South Africa and had he taken half those chances we would have gone to SA,he is now our captain so the missing may continue for some time unless he is put in midfield.He missed 3 sitters against

Total rubbish!!

Here we go again!!

We could only get dis for free!

ENT!!! dem fellahs rel jokey yes!!!!!

So Otto and all ah dem other EPL coaches dat KJ had/have basically clueless and you Mr. Frico know best how to utilize KJ's skill? And dat is by playin him in de midfield?
Why we eh just drop him him and done cause chances are he might get chances from there too and miss ;)
"Practice is the best of all instructors"

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Kenwyne Jones Thread
« Reply #393 on: September 07, 2011, 06:24:45 AM »
I understand where Frico coming with KJ. There is concern here. We can't wait for KJ to gel. He needs to score them goals. I for one eh underestimating Guyana. Yes I still have meh Trini swagger. But that swagger is all talk for now. We have to back that by scoring goals. Take all our chances and win.

Offline frico

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #394 on: September 07, 2011, 07:21:06 AM »
I understand where Frico coming with KJ. There is concern here. We can't wait for KJ to gel. He needs to score them goals. I for one eh underestimating Guyana. Yes I still have meh Trini swagger. But that swagger is all talk for now. We have to back that by scoring goals. Take all our chances and win.
Straight up man,you unstan what I am saying,the bottom line is KJ missing too many sitters for TT AND THAT STARTED SINCE OUR QUALIFICATION FOR SOUTH AFRICA.Someone asked whether I saw the misses he had against Bim,no I didn't but arn't we supposed to believe the commies,furthermore I saw KJ with blatant misses against everybody in our last HEX,in the EPL he misses 4 or 5 but gets 1.
Deeks said he still got his "Trini swagger",I may have lost that swagger but I still love TT,the bottom line is as DEEKS say "KJ have to start putting chances away",I am sure Otto wont accept that for too long. 8)

Offline frico

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Kenwyne jones.
« Reply #395 on: September 07, 2011, 07:26:45 AM »
Dude is a loofer! During the match on Saturday Stokes had a break and instead of bussin a gut to be a target in the area for a cross or pass, dude was joggin forward like he didn't want to receive the ball for a play. Seen he do that a few times which is why I was surprise when I read that he was considered one of the fastest in the league. When did he ever turn the burners on to be considered one of the fastest? I think sometimes he doesn't put him self in positions to receive the ball because he may not want the responsibility of having to make a play with the ball. Players find ways to hide on the feild when they don't want to receive the ball in positive areas.
I saw that with a friend and both ah  we cuss,he cyah carry on like that.

Offline 100% Barataria

• aka Nachilus
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #396 on: September 07, 2011, 07:29:11 AM »
KJ really missed two fairly easy sitters for a striker plying his trade in one of the best leagues in the globe, remind me of a Saturday sweat in NYC, has to do better at this level
Education is our passport for the future for the future belongs to those who prepare for it today

Offline fitzinho

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #397 on: September 07, 2011, 08:13:24 AM »
Every armchair fan can be a professional coach/critic...such a beautiful thing

Offline Mad Scorpion a/k/a Big Bo$$

• Hero Warrior
  • a/k/a Optimus Prime
    • View Profile
« Reply #398 on: September 07, 2011, 08:59:44 AM »
Dis asshole talk eh even worth ah response really nah.

Offline kicker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #399 on: September 07, 2011, 09:05:52 AM »
KJ really missed two fairly easy sitters for a striker plying his trade in one of the best leagues in the globe, remind me of a Saturday sweat in NYC, has to do better at this level

I eh tryin' tuh make excuses fuh de man eh, but both chances it look like the turf kinda mess up his touch on the ball. 
Live life 90 minutes at a time....Football is life.......

Offline Midknight

• Midknight
  • Hero Warrior
  • President of the Reality Check Commitee
    • View Profile
« Reply #400 on: September 07, 2011, 10:31:25 AM »

Dwight get he pong, Stern get he pong, who is KJ to get exempt from licks?
Go Black if you want Jack to Track Back! I support all Soca Warriors - Red, White and Blacklisted.

D baddest SW compilation ever

Offline frico

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #401 on: September 07, 2011, 10:39:15 AM »
Every armchair fan can be a professional coach/critic...such a beautiful thing
I think deep down everyone wants to see Jones become a matchwinner,he has the attributes and the feeling is that he does not try hard enough,that fact has been seen blatantly in the EPL.There will always be armchair coaches and post mortems  after games in which your heart is deeply sunk into,we get vex but no harm intended,that will never stop.There are some very good posters on this MB and I am sure there are some good coaches,most people can read a game its not rocket science. 8)

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #402 on: September 07, 2011, 10:47:06 AM »

You saying so now. If B'dos had come back and win 3-2, it would have been a different story. In the last Hex we screwed up against El Sal. We should have beaten them in their own stadium. We missed goals including the sky-high penalty. We were lucky to come out with a draw. KJ eh no rookie. I will only make excuse for him because the ttff messed up with the prep. I hope he ready for GT. Me eh want to hear excuses for future games. This is real. No experiment excuse, I just come down from the cold excuse, we still gelling, etc....

Offline Mad Scorpion a/k/a Big Bo$$

• Hero Warrior
  • a/k/a Optimus Prime
    • View Profile
« Reply #403 on: September 07, 2011, 10:50:22 AM »

I not refferin to dat breds.  Bigger names dan all yuh mentioned does take heat.  And bigger than him have missed even easier opportunities or pushed a ball a little too far on what would be considered immaculate pitches, so by all means pong away.  What struck me as rell shit was "the missing may continue for some time unless he is put in midfield"  Why on earth should KJ be played in midfield?  If dat eh de height ah assholishness den me eh kno what is nah.

Offline kev

• Hero Warrior
  • Lifes a bitch, then you marry one
    • View Profile
« Reply #404 on: September 07, 2011, 10:58:38 AM »
Hoss I never cared about what he did in Germany enough to hold that against him.  He did what many other players would have done if they thought they could get away with it.  Against City you could say what yuh want but dat was goal if was KJ.  As fuh de Bent thing you could see it how yuh want but notice it decreased the next season though.  I doh understand why people like try to diminish KJ contribution when even Bent himself said he loved playing alonside KJ and aluded to the very same benefit that I suggested.  Either way is all opinions, u have urs I have mine.  :beermug:

That drop off of 5 goals easily could be attributed to him moving to Villa in the middle of the season and trying to fit into a new system... he still managed to score 9 goals in just 16 appearances for villa, in keeping with the 11 in 23 games for Sunderland that same year.  I not at all trying to diminish KJ's effect at Sunderland, I just find it ludicrous for man to imply that he made Bent into the player he was at Sunderland when Bent is and has always been that player, a born goal scorer.

The drop off in goals was down to him wanting a move nothing more nothing less.  At the time , and tbf at the start of the season he had niggling injuries, but in November / December he wasn't doing what he normally did, chase etc. Indeed in the Newcastle match I thought he was injured because there was a couple of occasions he just didn't really try for a ball you would normally expect him to compete for if not win.  There was more in that move than money and still don't know what it was (although he was/is giving Bruce's daughter some service allegedly).  I don't know waht goes on with Bruce and strikers Kenwyne, Bent and now Gyan, maybe he upsets them because of the way he sets the team up.  Pulis is a strange manager so god knows who he'll play, but you do know how they'll play.

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #405 on: September 07, 2011, 11:34:43 AM »
The drop off in goals was down to him wanting a move nothing more nothing less.  At the time , and tbf at the start of the season he had niggling injuries, but in November / December he wasn't doing what he normally did, chase etc. Indeed in the Newcastle match I thought he was injured because there was a couple of occasions he just didn't really try for a ball you would normally expect him to compete for if not win.  There was more in that move than money and still don't know what it was (although he was/is giving Bruce's daughter some service allegedly).  I don't know waht goes on with Bruce and strikers Kenwyne, Bent and now Gyan, maybe he upsets them because of the way he sets the team up.  Pulis is a strange manager so god knows who he'll play, but you do know how they'll play.

LOL... allyuh men ain't easy  :rotfl:  When yuh say 'service', yuh mean like cross balls and thing? lol

As for Bruce... he's one of them old school managers, or at least he fancies himself one.  They like to criticize their players in the press... not sure if he's done this with Gyan, but certainly with KJ and Bent.  Not every player will respond to that sort of approach.

Offline Midknight

• Midknight
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #406 on: September 07, 2011, 12:50:26 PM »

You saying so now. If B'dos had come back and win 3-2, it would have been a different story. In the last Hex we screwed up against El Sal. We should have beaten them in their own stadium. We missed goals including the sky-high penalty. We were lucky to come out with a draw. KJ eh no rookie. I will only make excuse for him because the ttff messed up with the prep. I hope he ready for GT. Me eh want to hear excuses for future games. This is real. No experiment excuse, I just come down from the cold excuse, we still gelling, etc....

I take it yuh quote me by accident right?
Go Black if you want Jack to Track Back! I support all Soca Warriors - Red, White and Blacklisted.

Offline Midknight

• Midknight
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #407 on: September 07, 2011, 12:51:42 PM »

I not refferin to dat breds.  Bigger names dan all yuh mentioned does take heat.  And bigger than him have missed even easier opportunities or pushed a ball a little too far on what would be considered immaculate pitches, so by all means pong away.  What struck me as rell shit was "the missing may continue for some time unless he is put in midfield"  Why on earth should KJ be played in midfield?  If dat eh de height ah assholishness den me eh kno what is nah.

oh ok yeah...i onboard with u all the way den :D

Offline kev

• Hero Warrior
  • Lifes a bitch, then you marry one
    • View Profile
« Reply #408 on: September 08, 2011, 08:54:55 AM »

LOL... allyuh men ain't easy  :rotfl:  When yuh say 'service', yuh mean like cross balls and thing? lol

As for Bruce... he's one of them old school managers, or at least he fancies himself one.  They like to criticize their players in the press... not sure if he's done this with Gyan, but certainly with KJ and Bent.  Not every player will respond to that sort of approach.

If thats giving her one then yes.

Yes he has done it to Gyan aswell and has even said the 2 kids are just kids so won't be any good for another 18 months or so,  (as an excuse) not exactly great man management.

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Manchester United fan fined £200 for racially abusing Kenwyne Jones
« Reply #409 on: February 08, 2012, 12:13:29 PM »
Manchester United fan fined £200 for racially abusing Kenwyne Jones
Press Association

A Manchester United fan who shouted racist abuse at a black player has been fined £200 and banned from football matches for three years.

Howard Hobson, 57, shouted the abuse and made monkey noises at Stoke City's Trinidad-born player Kenwyne Jones during the first half at Old Trafford on 31 January, Trafford magistrates court heard.

The defendant was asked to explain his actions by JPs after pleading guilty to a single charge of a racially aggravated public order offence.

"I'm not racist," he told the bench. "I have coloured people in my family and most of my best mates are coloured. I don't know what came over me. I'm deeply sorry."

After the half-time interval when Hobson returned to his seat he was spoken to by stewards and taken away and then transferred to a police station in Salford.

Hobson, of Weaver Walk, Openshaw, Manchester, who is not a season-ticket holder at Old Trafford, told officers he had come to the match straight from his job as a fork lift truck driver and drank four bottles of beer but was not drunk.

He admitted making some comments about the Stoke player "in the heat of the moment" and accepted he used the words "black bastard". He said he could not remember using the words "wog" or "monkey" but accepted what the witness had reported him as saying.

Rachel Goode, mitigating, said the defendant was "extremely embarrassed" by his behaviour.

"He has serious concerns he will lose his job as a result of this," she told the bench. "He can't really explain his actions on that day. It's out of character for him. He has family and friends of mixed race and he's now branded a racist."

Hobson was fined £200 and ordered to pay a £15 victim surcharge and £85 court costs. The football banning order means he is not allowed to enter a football ground in England and Wales for three years or he could be arrested and he must surrender his passport when England play internationals abroad.

The Conquering Lion of Judah shall break every chain.

Offline Andre

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Manchester United fan fined £200 for racially abusing Kenwyne Jones
« Reply #410 on: February 08, 2012, 12:32:11 PM »
^^^^

that is what a c*nt look like my virgin friends.

notice the resemblance to john terry.

Offline elan

• Go On ......Get In There!!!!!!!!
  • Hero Warrior
  • WaRRioR fOr LiFe!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #411 on: February 08, 2012, 12:52:33 PM »
Daiz ok is Man United and KJ lazy anyways.
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4</a>

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #412 on: February 08, 2012, 01:01:26 PM »
Man United?  Can't be... they musse make ah mistake, everybody know is only Liverpool have de racist fans.  Ent Triniairman?

Offline Dutty

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #413 on: February 08, 2012, 01:02:33 PM »
My boy use de standard 'I have black cullud friends' defense oui

dosent anybody say 'sen dem back to africa' no more?
Little known fact: The online transportation medium called Uber was pioneered in Trinidad & Tobago in the 1960's. It was originally called pullin bull.

Offline triniairman

• Hero Warrior
  • ah doh puh water in meh mouth to talk
    • View Profile
« Reply #414 on: February 08, 2012, 05:12:50 PM »
Man United?  Can't be... they musse make ah mistake, everybody know is only Liverpool have de racist fans.  Ent Triniairman?
Same story from the other day, you brought this up already...nothing new!
« Last Edit: February 08, 2012, 05:25:48 PM by triniairman »

Offline triniairman

• Hero Warrior
  • ah doh puh water in meh mouth to talk
    • View Profile
« Reply #415 on: February 08, 2012, 05:25:01 PM »
Daiz ok is Man United and KJ lazy anyways.
He look like Kenny and Suarez too  :devil:

Offline frico

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #416 on: February 08, 2012, 05:35:47 PM »
You could actually spot this man coming over the horizon as a racist, the ugly bastard looks like a slim down version to that well known racist comedian Bernard Manning also from Manchester,happily de c**t is now dead.

Offline Observer

• Hero Warrior
  • The best gift for a footballer is Intelligence ---
    • View Profile
« Reply #417 on: February 08, 2012, 05:45:05 PM »
^^^^

:rotfl:
To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead
                                              Thomas Paine

Offline palos

• Hero Warrior
  • Test
    • View Profile
« Reply #418 on: February 08, 2012, 07:06:14 PM »
^^^^

LOL!  Ent!  :rotfl:
Carlos "The Rolls Royce" Edwards

Offline kaliman2006

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #419 on: February 10, 2012, 05:58:56 PM »
My boy use de standard 'I have black cullud friends' defense oui

dosent anybody say 'sen dem back to africa' no more?

Never mind that, I eh even realize, people use the word "coloured" to describe people of African descent anymore. On the topic, Kenwyne will just have to take this in stride. There will always be racist people in the world.

1]; } ?>