April 23, 2024, 08:01:58 AM

Poll

Will a Premiership side save Kenwyne when Cardiff get relegated?

Yes
6 (18.8%)
No
26 (81.3%)

Total Members Voted: 31

Author Topic: Kenwyne Jones Thread  (Read 246884 times)

Offline Dinner Mints

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Cory Thomas: Illustration and Design
Re: Kenwyne Jones Thread
« Reply #630 on: January 13, 2014, 07:00:08 PM »
Kenwyne j Jones ‏@KJ9nes 55m
Just make sure you you have the correct story before making a comment

Kenwyne j Jones ‏@KJ9nes 53m
Don't believe everything you read in the papers

Kenwyne j Jones ‏@KJ9nes 48m
Hopefully they will speak the truth if not in time I will.

And a deleted tweet:

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #631 on: January 13, 2014, 07:28:53 PM »

And a deleted tweet:

Yeah... lemmih guess, he have ah 'Tsunami' tuh come.  Is always somebody else fault.

Offline elan

• Go On ......Get In There!!!!!!!!
  • Hero Warrior
  • WaRRioR fOr LiFe!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #632 on: January 13, 2014, 07:45:54 PM »

And a deleted tweet:

Yeah... lemmih guess, he have ah 'Tsunami' tuh come.  Is always somebody else fault.

You know more than KJ or you opt to believe the Honest club over trifling KJ?  SMH
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4</a>

Offline g

• mr greggle71
  • Hero Warrior
  • semi match fit
    • View Profile
« Reply #633 on: January 13, 2014, 08:01:59 PM »
The truth is out there somewhere, is a real catch 22 situation. I used to be an advocate for him to train hard every week, sit on the bench if he have to, keep quiet and collect he 40k sterling a week.

I guess everything coming to a head, man must be really feeling slighted and I could understand, 4 games in 10 days over christmas and he aint see a minute of action, not even a corbeaux. I was looking for their starting line up every game to see if he got the call and never did, even if it was just to rest Crouch for a 30 minutes in one of them games.

He have to think carefully about his actions though, whatever the circumstances around the Sunday game are he still under contract and needs to follow protocol. When they played him in the FA cup i figured he was going to stay the season, he is already cup tied and this Everton talk, i not sure either, he can't get ahead of Crouch at the moment so i not sure how much game time he will get ahead of Lukaku who himself pushing for a starting spot in a WC bound team.
Soca Warriors, the pride of a nation

Offline Dinner Mints

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #634 on: January 13, 2014, 08:04:20 PM »

And a deleted tweet:

You know more than KJ or you opt to believe the Honest club over trifling KJ?  SMH
Truth somewhere in the middle most likely. The truth usually is.

Some fella that know him on Stoke forum say dat ain't de real story at all.

Something obviously play off, though. And I sure KJ ain't entirely innocent. Like ah say: it somewhere in the middle.

Have to ask yuhself, too, who leak the story to three different papers, and to what end.
« Last Edit: January 13, 2014, 08:07:55 PM by Dinner Mints »

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #635 on: January 13, 2014, 09:18:02 PM »

I don't know more than KJ... I'm just familiar with his track record. That and I know bullshit when I smell it.  But keep on being an apologist for him if that makes you happy.

Offline ckhan

• Hero Warrior
  • Pay Forward
    • View Profile
« Reply #636 on: January 13, 2014, 09:48:44 PM »
I thought it was strange for this to happen now and the move certainly would burn any bridges remaining with few supports at Stoke. In addition, considering a similar case has happened previously, a potential club may think that this can happen to them as well. Damage control is needed.
If a free society cannot help the many who are poor it cannot save the few who are rich.

- John F. Kennedy

Offline Preacher

• We doh smoke or drink or pop pills. When we light the mic is strickly jess skills
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #637 on: January 13, 2014, 09:49:27 PM »
You know what?  I with KJ on this one.  Maybe it's just because of the season of life I am in.  There is a certain time as a professional you have to do what you have to do.  In this world not everyone is afforded the privilege of the back room, drinks and a smile to sort things out.  Even though he may have flaws as a player, he show's he's man.  He made a decision and did it big!!   Wrong, right or indifferent he had the courage to stand up for himself.  You think he didn't consider the backlash?   Courageous Kenwyne.  My Captain  :beermug:

EDIT: Prophecy:  KJ game will rise from here on..watch and see.   
« Last Edit: January 13, 2014, 09:53:02 PM by Preacher »
In Everything give thanks for this is the will of God concerning you.

Offline Dynamite Warrior

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #638 on: January 13, 2014, 10:36:15 PM »
Maybe he should try MLS. Theyve made some big signings this offseason and i cant see him starting with everton.

Offline elan

• Hero Warrior
  • WaRRioR fOr LiFe!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #639 on: January 13, 2014, 10:52:51 PM »

I don't know more than KJ... I'm just familiar with his track record. That and I know bullshit when I smell it.  But keep on being an apologist for him if that makes you happy.

I not siding with what they say he do, but at the same time the man come out publicly and say daiz not so. That would give me pause for thought. Maybe I need to watch him cut eye cause daiz how he is.
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4</a>

Offline trini_stallion

• Hero Warrior
  • soca in mih veins, soca in mih blood...
    • View Profile
« Reply #640 on: January 14, 2014, 04:18:12 AM »
You know what?  I with KJ on this one.  Maybe it's just because of the season of life I am in.  There is a certain time as a professional you have to do what you have to do.  In this world not everyone is afforded the privilege of the back room, drinks and a smile to sort things out.  Even though he may have flaws as a player, he show's he's man.  He made a decision and did it big!!   Wrong, right or indifferent he had the courage to stand up for himself.  You think he didn't consider the backlash?   Courageous Kenwyne.  My Captain  :beermug:

You take de words out of my mouth. This man toting bench since at stoke...I glad he stand up for himself....crouch eh no baller infront of kj...tbh.....hmph. men might call me ignorant for this one...but I really feel crouch is geh pick over kj bcuz he is ah English man...kj making them  wanna let him go...whoch is smart. ..ciz obiviously hughes didn't hv intentions of doing so...
Soca in mih vein, Soca in meh blood
Soca in yuh vein, Soca in blood,
Soca in we vein, Soca in we blood,
It's a heart of love, can't deny soca, cuz its good fuh de soul...
Trinidad and Tobago jump up now!

Offline Tiresais

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #641 on: January 14, 2014, 04:19:15 AM »

I think at the end of the day you can't forget that you have professional responsibilities. Your contract is both a legal document and a commitment from yourself to carry out your duties. To reject those duties, via text no less, is gross misconduct and speaks poorly of your character. The transfer window has two weeks - where's his formal request for transfer? At the end of the day, it seems disloyal at best to carry yourself in this manner - if he's not in the squad he can either buckle down and win it back through training performances, or act professionally and request a transfer.

Imagine if you had a problem with your boss, and decided to text him saying "don't feel like coming into work today". Grounds for formal warning at the least and quite rightly so - if you have a problem with the boss try to resolve it, if the problem is about professional conduct then complain higher up the line, or just resign with dignity.

Offline Peong

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #642 on: January 14, 2014, 08:12:16 AM »
Stoke sent a message by not playing him in those four games.  I understand why he vex but yuh hadda protect yuhself. Hopefully we get the whole story if there's more to it.

Offline Tiresais

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #643 on: January 14, 2014, 08:42:10 AM »
Stoke sent a message by not playing him in those four games.  I understand why he vex but yuh hadda protect yuhself. Hopefully we get the whole story if there's more to it.

That is the problem here - what are you reading into this? Possible list of alternative explanations;

Not fit enough
Didn't perform well in training
off the pitch misconduct
Attitude problem with backroom staff/players
internal club politics
Not performing as well as alternatives
not training as well as alternatives
Rested/experimenting with alternative line-ups
appearance clauses too expensive due to restructuring of the budget

None of these explanations justify this behaviour - half of them should lead to a transfer request and the other half by pulling your finger our and working hard. None of them involve failing to carry out your professional duties in my opinion.

Offline Mad Scorpion a/k/a Big Bo$$

• Hero Warrior
  • a/k/a Optimus Prime
    • View Profile
« Reply #644 on: January 14, 2014, 09:37:19 AM »

You take de words out of my mouth. This man toting bench since at stoke...I glad he stand up for himself....crouch eh no baller infront of kj...tbh.....hmph. men might call me ignorant for this one...but I really feel crouch is geh pick over kj bcuz he is ah English man...kj making them  wanna let him go...whoch is smart. ..ciz obiviously hughes didn't hv intentions of doing so...
I been saying that from day one but men on here tell me I does act like I in love wit de man to gently paraphrase.  When you compare them from a statistical standpoint they are right about even and actually based on starts and overall production KJ has the edge.  But to hear some men on here tell it Crouchie is ah baller compare to we player with the "first touch of ah raperman" as dey does say.

Who vex loss buh I backin my player.  Is not like de man play shit in the little time he had on the field and Crouch eh lightin up de net so wha de f**k?!  Steups  KJ do yuh ting bredda. I not puttin ntten past deze clubs and managers when they ready to tarninsh a player.

Offline Preacher

• We doh smoke or drink or pop pills. When we light the mic is strickly jess skills
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #645 on: January 14, 2014, 10:19:24 AM »

Imagine if you had a problem with your boss, and decided to text him saying "don't feel like coming into work today". Grounds for formal warning at the least and quite rightly so - if you have a problem with the boss try to resolve it, if the problem is about professional conduct then complain higher up the line, or just resign with dignity.

Just that dey... make me wanna hit you some serious tap.   You come off elitist and insensitive dey.  I understand your sentiment, which needless to say is "establishment talk."    Establishment is good and should be respected but many many times establishment fails to value and reward the efforts of the human spirit because establishment is to busy rewarding establishment.  :)   If a man can't be fed up of being fed up niggas will still be in chains.   No freedom march, no unions...   All contracts uphold Core Values eh...but not all values are written. 

Offline Dinner Mints

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #646 on: January 14, 2014, 10:20:36 AM »
Is not like de man play shit in the little time he had on the field
Nah, after 3 good games, he play real shit on his last start against Norwich. But it seem like he does only get one chance to play shit at Stoke since Crouch come. As if to say, 'Well, you get yuh chance, so is Crouchy from now on.' Crouch had nuff shit games since then, only to reappear at the next one.

Both of them have different strengths but they equally as effective for Stoke. Crouch's technical strengths are preferred, which is cool. But they basically keeping KJ as a safety net as opposed to a contributor. In case they lose Crouch in a plane crash or something, they have somebody on de side to come in.

Must be frustrating.

Offline Tiresais

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #647 on: January 14, 2014, 10:29:10 AM »

Just that dey... make me wanna hit you some serious tap.   You come off elitist and insensitive dey.  I understand your sentiment, which needless to say is "establishment talk."    Establishment is good and should be respected but many many times establishment fails to value and reward the efforts of the human spirit because establishment is to busy rewarding establishment.  :)   If a man can't be fed up of being fed up niggas will still be in chains.   No freedom march, no unions...   All contracts uphold Core Values eh...but not all values are written.

Oh lord I've done a bad job of representing myself - I'm firmly left wing so your words hurt me :p . I'm not trying to argue from an establishment view point, far from it. I'm trying to argue from a trust and commitment perspective.

Contracts are legal documents sure, but I don't consider the value of that compared to that of your word and trust. Effectively, Jones made a commitment to his manager, to the fans, to the staff and to himself to honour his contract, to do his best and to carry out his duties, and in return received obscene levels of compensation (£40k a week, equivalent to the wage of 160 Trinidadians at TT$10,000 a month). The man isn't being forced into labour, and I'm quite offended by your comparison to slavery given the sheer scale of benefits this person receives, ignoring the prestige and other benefits of the position. Comparing his position to that of individuals forced to work to death on plantations thousands of miles away from their home is ill-advised at best. Slaves can't hand in transfer requests, for example.

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #648 on: January 14, 2014, 10:33:11 AM »
Dahis a lot of internal pressure to be dealing wid. It easy to siddung here and call shots fuh him, and then critique his form ... de reality iz he's the one at de crease. Hughes bowl him short ... no surprise he respond. Man is man.

That frigging Crouch continues to be a Trini nemesis.

Offline Mad Scorpion a/k/a Big Bo$$

• Hero Warrior
  • a/k/a Optimus Prime
    • View Profile
« Reply #649 on: January 14, 2014, 11:13:14 AM »

Oh lord I've done a bad job of representing myself - I'm firmly left wing so your words hurt me :p . I'm not trying to argue from an establishment view point, far from it. I'm trying to argue from a trust and commitment perspective.

Contracts are legal documents sure, but I don't consider the value of that compared to that of your word and trust. Effectively, Jones made a commitment to his manager, to the fans, to the staff and to himself to honour his contract, to do his best and to carry out his duties, and in return received obscene levels of compensation (£40k a week, equivalent to the wage of 160 Trinidadians at TT$10,000 a month). The man isn't being forced into labour, and I'm quite offended by your comparison to slavery given the sheer scale of benefits this person receives, ignoring the prestige and other benefits of the position. Comparing his position to that of individuals forced to work to death on plantations thousands of miles away from their home is ill-advised at best. Slaves can't hand in transfer requests, for example.

You rell convolute de man message dey dan lol.  If no one ever got fed up we would never be free black men in places like England and America today so sometimes yuh ha to get fed up and make a move despite the consequences.  As for your outlook I cah agree at all.  I doubt KJ tex an say f**k allyuh I stayin home tomorrow.  He may or may not have concocted a story as a reason why he cannot be present but unless they can prove that it was bogus that 2 weeks wages is very harsh.  And for reference when me eh feel like goin to wuk I does text my boss and the secretarial staff that I will not be in so mark me out today.  So doh feel regular Joe cah text dey boss and say dey eh comin to wuk caw dat is bogus!

Offline Tenorsaw

• Hero Warrior
  • YNWA
    • View Profile
« Reply #650 on: January 14, 2014, 11:26:25 AM »
Not saying it right, but KJ ain't the first person to go on strike to force a move, especially to a bigger club.  I said from the get go:  Hughes doh fancy de man.  No point in staying if you not wanted.

Offline Preacher

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #651 on: January 14, 2014, 11:47:15 AM »
Not saying it right, but KJ ain't the first person to go on strike to force a move, especially to a bigger club.  I said from the get go:  Hughes doh fancy de man.  No point in staying if you not wanted.

Plain talk. 

Offline Tiresais

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #652 on: January 14, 2014, 11:52:30 AM »
No argument here, but still do your job while you're still being paid, and put in a formal transfer request.

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #653 on: January 14, 2014, 12:31:37 PM »
Kenwyne Cisse  ;D

The Conquering Lion of Judah shall break every chain.

Offline Dinner Mints

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #654 on: January 14, 2014, 12:34:38 PM »
No argument here, but still do your job while you're still being paid, and put in a formal transfer request.
He may well have. A couple of 'in the know' Stokies said he did a while ago. Stoke offered him a new one-year deal, he rejected it and it was agreed he would be transferred. I take it with a grain of salt, because plenty people claim to know stuff. But there's likely more behind this than 'petulant player goes on strike'.

I'm sure both sides are being jackasses to some degree. And it's not farfetched for the media to say, 'A player went AWOL for a game? Didn't he go on strike at a former club for a move? Stop the presses!' and attach an enticing headline.

Offline elan

• Hero Warrior
  • WaRRioR fOr LiFe!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #655 on: January 14, 2014, 01:14:33 PM »
KJ can't sit under a coconut tree in Stoke and drink Malibu.

Yuh know how lazy he is and he doh possess that western blue collar mentality like many of us here.  ::)

Offline Preacher

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #656 on: January 14, 2014, 02:17:00 PM »
Kenwyne Cisse  ;D

:rotfl:  I tell yuh the man ready.  Fire in he belly now.  GO KENWYNE!!!!  Gey them good. 

Offline Agent Jack Bauer

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #657 on: January 14, 2014, 06:49:07 PM »
 :banginghead:

Offline ckhan

• Hero Warrior
  • Pay Forward
    • View Profile
If a free society cannot help the many who are poor it cannot save the few who are rich.

- John F. Kennedy

Offline lefty

• Hero Warrior
  • would u like to buy an 'O'.........
    • View Profile
« Reply #659 on: January 14, 2014, 07:55:10 PM »
why play in the FA cup then ??? and become cup tied but refuse the prem match....it just feels weird all of it
I pity the fool....

1]; } ?>