March 28, 2024, 07:17:58 PM

Poll

Will a Premiership side save Kenwyne when Cardiff get relegated?

Yes
6 (18.8%)
No
26 (81.3%)

Total Members Voted: 31

Author Topic: Kenwyne Jones Thread  (Read 244470 times)

Offline elan

• Go On ......Get In There!!!!!!!!
  • Hero Warrior
  • WaRRioR fOr LiFe!!!!!
    • View Profile
Re: Kenwyne Jones Thread
« Reply #660 on: January 14, 2014, 08:40:57 PM »
He has now blown up any bridges leading to Stoke:

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/teams/stoke-city/10572746/Kenwyne-Jones-set-to-call-in-the-Professional-Footballers-Association-to-resolve-his-row-with-Stoke-City.html

Why HE blow up bridges. What should he do, just sit there and let them just advantage him. The guy feels as though the punishment wasn't fair, so he went to the people that suppose to advise him. See what Hughes saying that he has never seen anything like this in his life. Because KJ suppose to smile and nod. If he had done something more rash, it would have been another 3rd world lazy mentality.  But this is what he should do, right

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4</a>

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #661 on: January 14, 2014, 09:09:10 PM »
Why HE blow up bridges. What should he do, just sit there and let them just advantage him. The guy feels as though the punishment wasn't fair, so he went to the people that suppose to advise him. See what Hughes saying that he has never seen anything like this in his life. Because KJ suppose to smile and nod. If he had done something more rash, it would have been another 3rd world lazy mentality.  But this is what he should do, right

"You know more than Stoke or you opt to believe poor honest KJ over trifling Stoke City?  SMH"  ::)

Offline elan

• Hero Warrior
  • WaRRioR fOr LiFe!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #662 on: January 14, 2014, 11:00:26 PM »

"You know more than Stoke or you opt to believe poor honest KJ over trifling Stoke City?  SMH"  ::)

I siding with KJ, but I know for you institution is divine.  ;)
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4</a>

Offline trini_stallion

• Hero Warrior
  • soca in mih veins, soca in mih blood...
    • View Profile
« Reply #663 on: January 15, 2014, 04:19:03 AM »
It goooood...let them know you ain't no dupppie! Hughes never see ah dan b4 thaiz whahappen...
Soca in mih vein, Soca in meh blood
Soca in yuh vein, Soca in blood,
Soca in we vein, Soca in we blood,
It's a heart of love, can't deny soca, cuz its good fuh de soul...
Trinidad and Tobago jump up now!

Offline Tiresais

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #664 on: January 15, 2014, 10:52:50 AM »
Getting the PFA involved should have been the step before failing to turn up really. At least it's progressing towards a more professional resolution

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #665 on: January 15, 2014, 11:28:24 AM »
I siding with KJ, but I know for you institution is divine.  ;)

Not really.  True I happen to believe that if you sign a contract then you have to live up to the terms.  Nowhere in any player's contract is "playing time" guaranteed.  I think it's unprofessional to "go on strike" simply because you're not starting, or not playing enough, or don't like the manager, or some "bigger" team might be interested in you.  I don't know whether his reasons for sitting out the match were legitimate or pretextual, but imagine, Liverpool... one of the bigger games on the calendar is coming to town to play, and the night before you text (calling would not have excused the absence, but is more professional) your manager to say you not showing up at the stadium tomorrow?  Hard for me to support that kinda behavior. 

I could see if it was level racism he putting up with in the stands, management and clubhouse, but for playing time??  This man forget how he was ketching he ass back in Claxton Bay or wherever he from or what?  You know how many people would like to have the "problem" he having right now, making £40k a week?  These fellas suffer from a lack of perspective.  Try explaining to the trash hauler or school teacher in the stand what your grievance is when they paying damn near a quarter of their weekly salary to come support the same team that you refusing to pay for.  As a fan I would never want a player like that on my team.

Offline ckhan

• Hero Warrior
  • Pay Forward
    • View Profile
« Reply #666 on: January 15, 2014, 11:50:08 AM »
He has now blown up any bridges leading to Stoke:

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/teams/stoke-city/10572746/Kenwyne-Jones-set-to-call-in-the-Professional-Footballers-Association-to-resolve-his-row-with-Stoke-City.html

What should he do? Act like a professional. Granted, I don't know what is going on behind the scenes and (it could be probable) that he is contracted to play a certain number of games or a number of other reasons but he is looking bad in the court of public opinion and it could influence other teams viewing him..

Just a opinion..
« Last Edit: January 15, 2014, 12:43:53 PM by Tallman »
If a free society cannot help the many who are poor it cannot save the few who are rich.

- John F. Kennedy

Offline Dinner Mints

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Cory Thomas: Illustration and Design
« Reply #667 on: January 15, 2014, 02:15:15 PM »
My question is WHO say he on strike? Kenwyne say he on strike? Stoke say he on strike? Or de papers say he on strike? There's obviously tension behind the scenes. Some kinda bull-headedness obviously take place before Liverpool. But who say he ON STRIKE? Why we just buy that just so like papers doh hype?

Offline elan

• Hero Warrior
  • WaRRioR fOr LiFe!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #668 on: January 15, 2014, 03:38:33 PM »
My question is WHO say he on strike? Kenwyne say he on strike? Stoke say he on strike? Or de papers say he on strike? There's obviously tension behind the scenes. Some kinda bull-headedness obviously take place before Liverpool. But who say he ON STRIKE? Why we just buy that just so like papers doh hype?

Because is KJ and we know how he is. Now if he was from latin-america we could probably believe him a bit, but alas, he's from the land of oil and music.

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #669 on: January 15, 2014, 04:20:25 PM »

Call it whatever you want to call it... I deliberately put "strike" in quotes yet you still running with it.  If the man refuse to turn up for work because he feels aggrieved what would you call it?  Or are you saying a) He did not refuse to show up at the Brittannia; or b) He has no grievance that would make him not want to play?

Because is KJ and we know how he is. Now if he was from latin-america we could probably believe him a bit, but alas, he's from the land of oil and music.

Stop talking shit... when Tevez did it, it was called a strike.  When Suarez threatened to do it this summer it was called and treated the same.  Is either you love toting water for KJ, love playing the victim on his behalf or otherwise just love talking a setta shit.

Offline maxg

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #670 on: January 15, 2014, 05:49:46 PM »
I will suppot KJ on any field of play he land on...but he wrong. ah ton a hard working fellas from TT hoping for a smidgint. a whiff of even a trial, at any club..and we captain going on with sending text to say he cyah make it..Regardless of the reason.. yuh doh text big man who paying yuh (white, Black, Trini, English or Timbuktunian), to even say, yuh have a death in the family, yuh pick up phone and call...If yuh car breakdown, they paying yuh enuff to buy one on the spot..if yuh was at a Machel concert, they paying yuh enuff to hire Machel for yuh own private party...Even if yuh wife take in...yuh pick up a phone..and they might send the team doctor and ambulance to assist, casue they want it resolved as soon as possible... Christiano & Messi and them cyah pull them stunt and get way...you is Kenwyne Jones, a good footballer, that is all...not even Dwight Yorke, a more accomplished player could get away..there is no damn excuse. Yuh think if they want to mess up he career for spite they won't do it...maybe he actually did all the personal discussions, and did the phone call..and asked for a day off, and Hughes say "Get yuh facking black arse in here"....then he shoulda get her ass in, and then take that to the PFA etc...maybe all that going on and we doh know.

But Man, Good luck with any doing we a favour trials for we again. Only Lawrence now could hopefully try to crack that reputation door for our youths lilbit...We players bette start learning Hindi, and Thai. Cause MLS done wasn't giving we nothing either.
« Last Edit: January 15, 2014, 05:52:55 PM by maxg »

Offline Dinner Mints

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #671 on: January 15, 2014, 06:00:26 PM »

Call it whatever you want to call it... I deliberately put "strike" in quotes yet you still running with it.  If the man refuse to turn up for work because he feels aggrieved what would you call it?  Or are you saying a) He did not refuse to show up at the Brittannia; or b) He has no grievance that would make him not want to play?

The only fact we know if that he didn't turn up for work and his boss vex. We doh know if is grievance or sleep or a sidepiece or a miscommunication or his son belly hurting. And, of course, his personal frustration or grievance would add some 'doh care' to the situation. 'Allyuh eh playing me anyway. Laters for dat. I going doctor with mih boy.' But we really have no idea if his being AWOL was BECAUSE of his grievance. 'Allyuh eh playing me anyway. Laters for dat. I on strike.'

Me eh picking up for the man. If he dumb enough to go on strike twice and mash up his reputation, let him take what come with it. But the man saying he was never on strike. So either he too spineless to back up his actions or the truth is something more complex than what a papers say.

Offline g

• mr greggle71
  • Hero Warrior
  • semi match fit
    • View Profile
« Reply #672 on: January 15, 2014, 08:07:41 PM »
Is a text message the day before match day a suitable mode of communication to your manager indicating you have a personal emergency and therefore be unable to turn up for duty?
Soca Warriors, the pride of a nation

Offline palos

• Hero Warrior
  • Test
    • View Profile
« Reply #673 on: January 15, 2014, 08:23:11 PM »
I will suppot KJ on any field of play he land on...but he wrong. ah ton a hard working fellas from TT hoping for a smidgint. a whiff of even a trial, at any club..and we captain going on with sending text to say he cyah make it..Regardless of the reason.. yuh doh text big man who paying yuh (white, Black, Trini, English or Timbuktunian), to even say, yuh have a death in the family, yuh pick up phone and call...If yuh car breakdown, they paying yuh enuff to buy one on the spot..
So essentially yuh makin out de newspaper report to be GOSPEL.  An English tabloid to boot.

Now dey might be right.  But KJ done say is dis whole ting is a seta lies.  And what if it didn't go like de newspaper print?  What den?
Carlos "The Rolls Royce" Edwards

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #674 on: January 15, 2014, 08:34:56 PM »
Oh and btw... Kenwyne never deny that he currently on strike at Stoke eh  :afro:

Offline maxg

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #675 on: January 15, 2014, 09:58:40 PM »
I will suppot KJ on any field of play he land on...but he wrong. ah ton a hard working fellas from TT hoping for a smidgint. a whiff of even a trial, at any club..and we captain going on with sending text to say he cyah make it..Regardless of the reason.. yuh doh text big man who paying yuh (white, Black, Trini, English or Timbuktunian), to even say, yuh have a death in the family, yuh pick up phone and call...If yuh car breakdown, they paying yuh enuff to buy one on the spot..
So essentially yuh makin out de newspaper report to be GOSPEL.  An English tabloid to boot.

Now dey might be right.  But KJ done say is dis whole ting is a seta lies.  And what if it didn't go like de newspaper print?  What den?
Question is..where the lies start and stop..maybe Stoke didn't fine him no 2 weeks wages (papers)..maybe he made a call (right method of communication), and manager agree it was ok (guess), cause he didn't plan to play him(hypothetical), but when they lorse(fact), and papers say whey Jones(fact), he throw Jones under the bus off the record(papers)...maybe Jones say he have an issue and can't make, Manager say , u is a big man, do what yuh want..then turn round and fine him..or papers wrong, didn't fine him..maybe Jones not seeking PFA help for club or seeking PFA help to sue papers for printing stuff that didn't happen...
what we do know: He had work, he wasn't there.. Things we don't know for sure in papers(may not be fans business): Manager say he was unavailable; KJ Issue/health/reason ; Method of communication; Fine if any.

Things that are normal. Worker have issue, a good company will get involved to help, When he was going thru setta personal issues in the earlies..wasn't playing up to par, fans was getting disgruntled..Pulis/club make excuse and stand by him..constantly, in the same lying papers, none a dem coulda find nothing juicy..With this one they biting..plenty & hard

Look, it could all be a misunderstanding, Jones could run out against Palace this weekend, an I wish he score 3. I will be happy as if is meh son get the write up. But I feel some of the papers not completely and totally off base and that eh go happen...and I honestly worried and concerned for the guy career(he good for a next 8 million pounds), an if he will ever get an opportunity to get a start for any Premier side again....and I have no reason to care which team actually win anymore , so it little personal to me to. If my son wrong, I not saying punish him, but do what it takes to teach him what is right, I will appreciate it...but the way things sounding, if things mostly true, they might want to punish him, and yes, it will hurt me. 

Offline ckhan

• Hero Warrior
  • Pay Forward
    • View Profile
« Reply #676 on: January 16, 2014, 11:11:06 AM »
If a free society cannot help the many who are poor it cannot save the few who are rich.

- John F. Kennedy

Offline kev

• Hero Warrior
  • Lifes a bitch, then you marry one
    • View Profile
« Reply #677 on: January 16, 2014, 12:04:38 PM »
People will take sides defend their own etc., but I find this strange particularly the timing and whats gone on before.  I am not arsed personally but there is more to this than meets the eye.  Taking out the emotions we know a few things about players contracts that are basically universal in the prem. 

If the player puts in a transfer request he loses his signing on fee and/or loyalty bonus, players tend to leave putting a transfer request to the last resort and use papers / agents to get a move, clubs also do this that want to buy or sell a particular player.  He really needed to move out of Stoke a while ago, but he sits and does nothing. 

His contract is up in the summer, he is free to talk to foreign clubs after January and free at the end of the summer.  At this stage if the player is wanted by clubs it usually means the player gets a bigger signing on fee and higher wages due to the fact no transfer fee has to be paid.  So why do something like this with so short a time to go,  normally if a player has a serious situation that needs to be resolved and he isn't able to attend the club will let it slide, the fact he has been fined means the club doesn't believe his reason (if any) was serious enough for non attendance.  Thats just the way it is, if he believes it was then he can go through PFA route and wait and see. 

January is a strange time not many players kicking about and a few desperate clubs, maybe he has a chance of a longer contract somewhere and is not that confident a better / similar offer will come along in the summer when clubs already know their fate and have more choice and time.  Carlton Cole didn't get taken up in the summer and ended back at West Ham.

AS I said at the beginning the timing is strange given his situation and also some doubt his application, there wasn't a queue of clubs wanting to sign him from Sunderland so given he is coming up as a free this episode wouldn't of done him a lot of good.  You would of thought he would of just sat it out for 6 months its not as if anything has really changed for him with regard playing time at Stoke over the past year or so.  Please feel free to berate me but there is more to this than what is known at the moment and it will all come out in the wash.

Offline elan

• Hero Warrior
  • WaRRioR fOr LiFe!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #678 on: January 16, 2014, 12:46:40 PM »
People will take sides defend their own etc., but I find this strange particularly the timing and whats gone on before.  I am not arsed personally but there is more to this than meets the eye.  Taking out the emotions we know a few things about players contracts that are basically universal in the prem. 

If the player puts in a transfer request he loses his signing on fee and/or loyalty bonus, players tend to leave putting a transfer request to the last resort and use papers / agents to get a move, clubs also do this that want to buy or sell a particular player.  He really needed to move out of Stoke a while ago, but he sits and does nothing. 

His contract is up in the summer, he is free to talk to foreign clubs after January and free at the end of the summer.  At this stage if the player is wanted by clubs it usually means the player gets a bigger signing on fee and higher wages due to the fact no transfer fee has to be paid.  So why do something like this with so short a time to go,  normally if a player has a serious situation that needs to be resolved and he isn't able to attend the club will let it slide, the fact he has been fined means the club doesn't believe his reason (if any) was serious enough for non attendance.  Thats just the way it is, if he believes it was then he can go through PFA route and wait and see. 

January is a strange time not many players kicking about and a few desperate clubs, maybe he has a chance of a longer contract somewhere and is not that confident a better / similar offer will come along in the summer when clubs already know their fate and have more choice and time.  Carlton Cole didn't get taken up in the summer and ended back at West Ham.

AS I said at the beginning the timing is strange given his situation and also some doubt his application, there wasn't a queue of clubs wanting to sign him from Sunderland so given he is coming up as a free this episode wouldn't of done him a lot of good.  You would of thought he would of just sat it out for 6 months its not as if anything has really changed for him with regard playing time at Stoke over the past year or so.  Please feel free to berate me but there is more to this than what is known at the moment and it will all come out in the wash.

Like Bakes, you are leaning to the club side. You are right there is more to come and hopefully everyone get what really happen. I think the overwhelming response was KJ wrong. Just not everyone believe it went down how the club said it did.

Say what, players have done worst and was forgiven.

Offline Dinner Mints

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #679 on: January 16, 2014, 01:28:44 PM »
I think the overwhelming response was KJ wrong. Just not everyone believe it went down how the club said it did.
Exactly. I'm sure KJ being an unprofessional kakahole in some way or another. I just never believe one side wholesale when two sides are having a dispute. 9 times out of the 10, both sides is some biased nonsense and the truth is in the middle somewhere. 'Petulant player goes on strike to bewilderment of manager.' is most likely some bullshit.

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #680 on: January 16, 2014, 01:30:40 PM »
Like Bakes, you are leaning to the club side. You are right there is more to come and hopefully everyone get what really happen. I think the overwhelming response was KJ wrong. Just not everyone believe it went down how the club said it did.

I think you are one of the only ones here looking at this as "choosing sides," this isn't about leaning in favor of the club, it's about picking sense from nonsense and going where logic and reason dictates.  Unlike you I feel no particular loyalty to Kenwyne, and as much as I admire Hughes, I can't stand Stoke as a club.  So I think I'm looking at this perhaps more objectively than most.  At the end of the day I doubt Stoke would be taking this much of a hardline approach if it were a true family emergency.  The last minute contact, and the medium could not have gone down well either, and for KJ's sake I fear he's done himself more harm than good.  Others say no, but I'm seeing far too many similarities between this and what went down at Southampton 7 years ago.

Offline Tiresais

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #681 on: January 16, 2014, 02:23:49 PM »
Im with Blakes - if there was a genuine emergency then I'm sure the allowance would be made - you'd have to assume they're lacking basic human decency to argue that and I haven't seen any evidence that the Stoke management lack that.

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #682 on: January 16, 2014, 04:05:19 PM »
The Conquering Lion of Judah shall break every chain.

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #683 on: January 16, 2014, 04:21:02 PM »
Im with Blakes - if there was a genuine emergency then I'm sure the allowance would be made - you'd have to assume they're lacking basic human decency to argue that and I haven't seen any evidence that the Stoke management lack that.

Wasn't it the same Stoke City management that sent special kits to Kenwyne's alma mater, St. Anthony's?  Didn't they also send some coaches and host some sort of clinic for local youth footballers too (though I could be wrong on that)?  Kenwyne memory short... and self-serving.

Offline maxg

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #684 on: January 16, 2014, 04:51:05 PM »
Jokes section...nah

Is Tallest fault..tallest tell the man, he padna Roberto will take him tomorrow..capitan to capitan..well some babash pass, and he dun know he woulda fail the breathlizer, serious lash men like Yorkie & Latas didn't get thru..so he take in front and say, "Boss, I eat ah bad Roti".
Hughes figuring he up with the times and the young ppl..an when they say bad..it really mean good..so he figure, is all right, even if he doh know what a Row boat have to do with anything, musbe new sketel slang...next day, no KJ.
Now he shame to say, he old like ass, and get the message wrong. KJ, take the response text to PFA. Hughes crying disappointment.

Offline kev

• Hero Warrior
  • Lifes a bitch, then you marry one
    • View Profile
« Reply #685 on: January 18, 2014, 01:46:37 AM »

I don't know how stating the obvious is siding with the club, he has been fined it is therefore reasonable to assume whatever the excuse wasn't acceptable to the club.  I just don't believe any club would put itself in this position if the situation warranted absence,  it would be bad PR and likely to lose the case against the PFA and you would hope any club would have the common decency to allow a player not to turn up if the situation needed it.

You are right players have done a lot worse and got away with it and the clubs have brought this on themselves.  The list is fairly lengthy, striking, not turning up, drink/drugs, court cases and then look at the likes of Tevez and Suarez.  The clubs and fans tend to have the moral compass of a slug when it comes to them needing those players and hence defend / ignore and forgive.  Kenwyne isn't in the situation where he is a vital piece of the team at Stoke.

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Text? What text? Kenwyne Jones, the truth
« Reply #686 on: January 18, 2014, 10:06:03 AM »
Text? What text? Kenwyne Jones, the truth
The Secret Footballer

You know, it’s funny what people will swallow. Not in the David Blaine sense but the headlines and the bullshit that fly about in this game of ours from time to time.

Pulling the wool over people’s eyes, however, is not just the preserve of Blaine and his magic circle chums. It happens in every business and football is no different.

This week, I read the reports that suggested Kenwyne Jones had sent a text message to his club informing them that he was not available for selection for Stoke City’s match against Liverpool.

Naturally, the media and the wider football community went into meltdown; even our own Secret Journalist jumped on the bandwagon: http://ow.ly/sI5h0.

Every article I read had one thing in common – none of them had a single quote from Jones. I smelt a rat but, at the time, I didn’t know the real facts. But now I do.

I wasn’t the only player who smelt a rat, either. A lot of Premier League players did, including the half dozen or so who I’ve spoken to since and who were all in agreement about one thing.

Read More...
The Conquering Lion of Judah shall break every chain.

Offline de_redman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #687 on: January 18, 2014, 10:22:40 AM »
Hmm... Come on Bakes what sh!tty rebuttal you have now?

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #688 on: January 18, 2014, 10:26:00 AM »
Hmm... Come on Bakes what sh!tty rebuttal you have now?

Given how far yuh head is up Kenwyne ass... you shouldn't need my help to find a "sh!tty rebuttal".

Offline Football supporter

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #689 on: January 18, 2014, 10:32:19 AM »
Food for thought....but this secret footballer also states no facts, just supposition. If I wanted to sell a player who I didn't want...that guy would be the nicest, most professional guy in the game, but the coach prefers player b in his line up.  No need for Dan Brown style conspiracies. They just devalue the player and put off other clubs.

1]; } ?>