April 24, 2024, 12:37:50 AM

Poll

Will a Premiership side save Kenwyne when Cardiff get relegated?

Yes
6 (18.8%)
No
26 (81.3%)

Total Members Voted: 31

Author Topic: Kenwyne Jones Thread  (Read 246968 times)

Offline elan

• Go On ......Get In There!!!!!!!!
  • Hero Warrior
  • WaRRioR fOr LiFe!!!!!
    • View Profile
Re: Kenwyne Jones Thread
« Reply #870 on: February 13, 2014, 07:11:18 PM »
....and you know what Bakes, you may be right. Racism is a big part of it as I start putting my thoughts together. Watching the defense of Giroud and the celebration of of Suarez, with the understanding for Rooney in contrast to the demonizing of ....wait for it..........Balotelli.

I think you may be right.
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4</a>

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #871 on: February 13, 2014, 09:40:56 PM »
....and you know what Bakes, you may be right. Racism is a big part of it as I start putting my thoughts together. Watching the defense of Giroud and the celebration of of Suarez, with the understanding for Rooney in contrast to the demonizing of ....wait for it..........Balotelli.

I can't even take you seriously.  I hope you not trying to make that comparison between Kenwyne and Giroud with a straight face.

Offline elan

• Hero Warrior
  • WaRRioR fOr LiFe!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #872 on: February 13, 2014, 10:42:21 PM »

I can't even take you seriously.  I hope you not trying to make that comparison between Kenwyne and Giroud with a straight face.

I know I can't cause as was established, KJ is just plain Lazy
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4</a>

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #873 on: February 13, 2014, 11:05:49 PM »

Try yuh best and focus... yuh never hear me say that Kenwyne was "lazy" so I don't know who that lazy talk was intended for.  We are talking about the ridiculous comparison you're trying to make between the treatment of Kenwyne and Giroud.  Giroud is being defended by an Arsenal writer, because in his mind (and I agree) Giroud has performed since he's been at Arsenal... the worst you could say about him is that he's been inconsistent.  Kenwyne has failed to perform... period!  Went an entire calendar year without scoring, barely impressing in his time on the pitch.  You earn playing time on the practice field... and yes, delivering during games.  If he's not getting in games then that's a good sign that the manager isn't impressed with what he's offering in practice.  Maybe there's a reason why the "lazy" label has been following him from stop to stop.

To hear you tell it... the defense of Giroud, who actually has 14 goals this season... is because he's white.

Offline elan

• Hero Warrior
  • WaRRioR fOr LiFe!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #874 on: February 14, 2014, 09:38:11 AM »

Try yuh best and focus... yuh never hear me say that Kenwyne was "lazy" so I don't know who that lazy talk was intended for.  We are talking about the ridiculous comparison you're trying to make between the treatment of Kenwyne and Giroud.  Giroud is being defended by an Arsenal writer, because in his mind (and I agree) Giroud has performed since he's been at Arsenal... the worst you could say about him is that he's been inconsistent.  Kenwyne has failed to perform... period!  Went an entire calendar year without scoring, barely impressing in his time on the pitch.  You earn playing time on the practice field... and yes, delivering during games.  If he's not getting in games then that's a good sign that the manager isn't impressed with what he's offering in practice.  Maybe there's a reason why the "lazy" label has been following him from stop to stop.

To hear you tell it... the defense of Giroud, who actually has 14 goals this season... is because he's white.

Careful yuh bump into that table behind you.

Offline elan

• Hero Warrior
  • WaRRioR fOr LiFe!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #875 on: February 14, 2014, 09:53:31 AM »
Seriously we can't compare KJ to Giroud because Giroud has started 30 games and sub in for 2 this season and scored 13 goals. Arsenal attack goes through him. He is their go to man with consistent service designed for him to score goals.

KJ has in all competition (club and country) this season started 14 games, sub in 4 and scored 8 goals

For Cardiff he' started 3 scored 1 in the EPL
For Stoke in the EPL 4 starts 3 subs 0 goals
For Stoke in the Capital Cup he started 1 and sub in 1 with 4 goals
For Stoke in the FA Cup 1 start 1 goal

18 games in a calendar seasonal year, 18.
« Last Edit: February 15, 2014, 10:58:09 AM by elan »

Offline Peong

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #876 on: February 15, 2014, 09:11:55 AM »
KJ not included, some starters are on the bench for the cup game.

Offline Bitter

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #877 on: February 15, 2014, 09:19:40 AM »
I blame KJ for that goal. So lazy he not even on the bench.  ::)
Bitter is a supercalifragilistic tic-tac-pro

Offline FF

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #878 on: February 15, 2014, 09:51:19 AM »
KJ is cup tied. He not eligible.
THE BEATINGS WILL CONTINUE UNTIL MORALE IMPROVES

Offline maxg

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #879 on: February 15, 2014, 03:59:40 PM »
Well the results are in..
KJ may be to weak a player to help Cardiff, but a KJ-less Cardiff eh beatin nobody, so far  :devil:

Offline Sando

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #880 on: March 29, 2014, 03:27:03 PM »
Peter Odemwingie scoring in every game for Stoke really makes KJ look bad.

Offline JRtheWriter

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #881 on: March 29, 2014, 04:14:40 PM »

??? ??? ??? ::)  :rotfl: :rotfl:

He's not that wrong....to us it doesn't because we are looking at it closely since we are a fan of KJ and want him to do well and care about the environment he's in etc etc...

But to the average fan, they see that Peter comes in for KJ and starts scoring, than obviously Peter was the answer and not KJ.

Offline maxg

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #882 on: March 29, 2014, 04:34:54 PM »

He's not that wrong....to us it doesn't because we are looking at it closely since we are a fan of KJ and want him to do well and care about the environment he's in etc etc...

But to the average fan, they see that Peter comes in for KJ and starts scoring, than obviously Peter was the answer and not KJ.
  Peter being the answer, not KJ, means KJ looking bad ? so if KJ is the best TriNI in a European Top league... what that say bout  Trini players if they best so bad boy ?  and here's another one...what good for Peter, may not be good for KJ...one more question...who Odemwingie really replace, since KJ was vexing for so much benching at Stoke ?  take Messi put him to play with Canada, and see if he will be world player of the year nah....but a De Rosario might do very well .. Does that mean De Rosario  better than Messi..

Rudy Gay, a top scorer, big money player in the league..Raptors trade him and start winning...

I am not saying KJ is no big player, or best player..i just wondering if KJ got a fair amount of development and a decent opportunity to improve further..at his best, he was replaced by Crouch..I don't know his situation now, or why OSG is employing the strategy of players in front of KJ..he must have his reasons...maybe KJ carrying something, maybe he don't train properly..maybe he to lazy..maybe he only studying gyul, I don't know.not sure I care...but football wise, I think KJ better than a couple players I presently see starting for Cardiff.. If anybody think differently, nothing wrong with that...maybe I just a bias fan of anybody from my country..
So if KJ bad...imagine how dey go feel about a non-playing bias supporter of a BAD player, like me.. do I really care how they feel about KJ..or me, or anybody from TT for that matter ?  no    ..so I had to laugh

add: I does just hope he go get a run..have a decent game..so they could say the words Trinidad & Tobago, in most cases a positive light..rather than hear bout some negative travel advisory to avoid the place
« Last Edit: March 29, 2014, 04:40:36 PM by maxg »

Offline chelsealife

• You must be the change you wish to see in this world
  • Hero Warrior
  • Its BLUE, what else matters?
    • View Profile
« Reply #883 on: March 29, 2014, 07:28:07 PM »
Well KJ making the matchday squads compared to some of OGS other signings, Zaha havin bench time too and Mats Daehli. Only Fabio and Cala starting. OGS still looking for his team and KJ will get his chance again soon

Offline elan

• Hero Warrior
  • WaRRioR fOr LiFe!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #884 on: March 29, 2014, 08:48:40 PM »

KJ had to be playing for someone to replace him. Try again.

I wonder if Altidore will be in JK Brazil bound team.

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #885 on: March 30, 2014, 11:50:03 PM »
The no-vote is prevailing, but it might be that some would have voted "maybe" if the option existed.

A clue to this can be found by examining the attacking staff at the clubs likely to be promoted ...

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
« Reply #886 on: March 31, 2014, 04:42:07 AM »
6. Odemwingie - Jones swap was Hughes’ masterstroke

There are not many managers who, having rid themselves of a problem striker like Kenwyne Jones, would then have signed someone potentially as disruptive as Peter Odemwingie. Mark Hughes’ decision to do so is one of the reasons Stoke are on course for their highest Premier League points total (previously 47). Odemwingie’s winner against Hull was his fifth goal since arriving from Cardiff in a swap for Jones. Stoke have lost only one of their last eight games with Odemwingie in the side. Jones has managed one goal for Cardiff. He did not feature on Saturday.

Independent.co.uk

The real measure of a man's character is what he would do if he knew he would never be found out.

Offline maxg

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #887 on: March 31, 2014, 10:46:49 AM »

There are not many managers who, having rid themselves of a problem striker like Kenwyne Jones, would then have signed someone potentially as disruptive as Peter Odemwingie. Mark Hughes’ decision to do so is one of the reasons Stoke are on course for their highest Premier League points total (previously 47). Odemwingie’s winner against Hull was his fifth goal since arriving from Cardiff in a swap for Jones. Stoke have lost only one of their last eight games with Odemwingie in the side. Jones has managed one goal for Cardiff. He did not feature on Saturday.

Independent.co.uk

Agree, but does anybody else notice someone else, a more regular starter, missing from the side ? Nooo...no mention, can't be that..he was the hardest worker on the team.

KJ wasn't bad at all.  the team was hapless.  Defenders making all kinda shit passes, midfield grossly ineffective.  Pennant provided a spark and may have put something where KJ could head it if KJ wasn't taken off.  That was one of those games where the defenders needed to launch it up to KJ so he could knock down for a teamate and build in their opponent half because the seem to have no clue how to build from the back in that game.
Did see it in the previous games..what surprised me was how well Norwich planned and excuted based on that observation...

I think Stoke gone to far left, with the knock. Now they ain't bringing no air cross at all.not playing to KJ strength...not that he not strong in the knock, but the knock is not where he will dominate opposing defenders. Walters have shares in this team?
Almost gone from a one dimensional team to a different one dimensional team

And Hughes just stuck with it right thru, could have changed it up at the half..
On the positive side, they will get very good at it eventually, if they don't fall into the relegation zone before..
« Last Edit: March 31, 2014, 10:52:01 AM by maxg »

Offline elan

• Hero Warrior
  • WaRRioR fOr LiFe!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #888 on: March 31, 2014, 11:14:03 AM »

Independent.co.uk

Again, it was not replacing KJ as KJ was not playing. KJ was just the currency used to secure Odemwingie. If KJ was playing and not producing then you can say yeah, but that's not how it was.

Offline maxg

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #889 on: March 31, 2014, 01:40:08 PM »

Independent.co.uk

Again, it was not replacing KJ as KJ was not playing. KJ was just the currency used to secure Odemwingie. If KJ was playing and not producing then you can say yeah, but that's not how it was.
Yuh know ppl go say we blind to the boy shortcomings, especially as all the English media telling it like it is, and we thinking he's the best thing since Doubles with ah slight.   :D and all he is is ah Shish Taouk on pita bread ...but if ah cyah doubles, i mustn't like pita bread ?   :devil:   an ah like Peter too...but he didn't work for Cardiff...an ah kinda seeing why.btw, last i saw, has KJ 1 st touch improved, or bout 7 men on Cardiff have worse ?  ;D   

Offline E-man

• Hero Warrior
  • Support all Warriors. Red, White and Blacklisted.
    • View Profile
    • T&T Football History
World Cup Saints: Kenwyne Jones
« Reply #890 on: June 08, 2014, 12:19:29 PM »
World Cup Saints: Kenwyne Jones
saintsfc.co.uk

The fourth segment of our series looking at Saints players in football’s greatest competition sees us look at Kenwyne Jones’ efforts with Trinidad and Tobago in 2006.

Part-way through a three-year stint at St Mary’s stretching from 2004 to 2007 that brought 22 goals from 80 appearances, the-then 21-year-old was selected to aid his country in a difficult Group B that included England, Paraguay and Sweden.

Despite his young age, Jones had already made his senior international debut three years prior to the tournament in Germany along with netting in friendlies against Bermuda and Peru in 2005 and 2006 respectively.

It was also his relative lack of experience compared to Stern John – the nation’s first-choice frontman at the time – that saw Jones’ time in the group stage limited.

Jones failed to feature in his side’s opening game against Sweden, which ended in a 0-0 draw that secured Trinidad and Tobago’s only point of the World Cup, before making his first appearance in the competition with a start in a 2-0 defeat to England.

A loss of equal margin to Paraguay sealed their fate as Jones and his country finished at the foot of the table as England and Sweden progressed.

In 2007, the year of Jones’ departure from Saints to fellow Premier League Sunderland, he was named Trinidad and Tobago Federation’s Player of the Year.

Read more at http://www.saintsfc.co.uk/news/article/06062014-kenwyne-jones-world-cup-saints-1618160.aspx#S86VmoEDTvpLwz1A.99

Offline maxg

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #891 on: July 15, 2014, 08:22:14 AM »
Where is our Captain ? Is he at Cardiff still  or Central ?

Offline Dinner Mints

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Cory Thomas: Illustration and Design
« Reply #892 on: July 17, 2014, 08:12:05 PM »
Where is our Captain ? Is he at Cardiff still  or Central ?
Back at Cardiff after handling 'family problems' at home. Off with them for preseason in Austria.

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #893 on: July 27, 2014, 12:48:08 PM »
A late double from Kenwyne Jones secured a 4-1 win for Cardiff City over Yeovil Town in a preseason friendly at Huish Park, Yeovil, Somerset, England on Sunday, July 27th 2014.

The Conquering Lion of Judah shall break every chain.

Offline Peong

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #894 on: July 27, 2014, 08:38:21 PM »
So they keeping him then.  Long time since I watch some Championship ball.

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #895 on: July 28, 2014, 06:07:04 AM »
Yeovil Town vs Cardiff City (July 27, 2014)

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/1RBuEo86TNw?start=270" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/1RBuEo86TNw?start=270</a>

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/1RBuEo86TNw?start=311" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/1RBuEo86TNw?start=311</a>

Offline Dinner Mints

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Cory Thomas: Illustration and Design
« Reply #896 on: July 28, 2014, 07:35:15 AM »
So they keeping him then.  Long time since I watch some Championship ball.

Doh sound like they want him as a starter:

Solskjaer said: “He is a different type of striker to the others we have. When Kenwyne is on song he is a fantastic card to play.

“He has worked hard and came back after the summer with a great attitude. He deserved the reward of two goals against Yeovil and next he has to keep working.

“Kenwyne is part of my plans for the new season because if we go a little more direct he can hold the ball up and wins it in air.”

Offline Mad Scorpion a/k/a Big Bo$$

• Hero Warrior
  • a/k/a Optimus Prime
    • View Profile
« Reply #897 on: July 28, 2014, 08:42:01 AM »
Though it is preseason he looked good in the highlights.  His finishing was very good and he probably draws a penalty in a regular season game on that trip.  What I was pleased to see was how he was sprinting to get in between the two defenders on the same play that saw him tripped in the box.  I'm hoping that he gets his opportunities and has a great season!

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Kenwyne suddenly looks the real deal
« Reply #898 on: July 28, 2014, 08:55:23 PM »
By Terry Phillips (Wales Online)

At the end of last season my view was that the big striker would be moving on. My clear impression was that Jones could have done more for the cause as Cardiff battled against the drop.

But whatever my thoughts back then, there is no question Jones has completed altered my opinion. I don’t know whether somebody has had a word with Jones or whether he simply wants to produce his best in the new season.

But Jones has shown in training and matches an intensity, tenacity and desire which will make him a dangerous player in the Championship. When he was encouraged to hit hard during training he sent a coach holding a tackle bag flying, while his movement and awareness give him an edge.

He scored twice at Yeovil, turning in a right-wing cross and then showing good composure before thumping home a low shot from an angle.

Yeovil’s defending was poor and they left the route to goal open, but Jones made the most of their inability to close the door.

Jones gives Cardiff a different option up top. They have predators and strikers whose movement and quick feet make them a threat.

But if City have to go more direct at times then Jones is the right man for the job - his current attitude and form will bring rewards.

Offline grimm01

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Kenwyne Jones Thread
« Reply #899 on: July 28, 2014, 10:04:30 PM »

But Jones has shown in training and matches an intensity, tenacity and desire which will make him a dangerous player in the Championship. When he was encouraged to hit hard during training he sent a coach holding a tackle bag flying, while his movement and awareness give him an edge.

Some would argue that he's looking good because he's finally playing competition at his level.

KJ should really brutalize the defences in the Championship this year.
« Last Edit: July 28, 2014, 10:08:30 PM by grimm01 »

1]; } ?>