April 20, 2024, 01:23:01 AM

Poll

Will a Premiership side save Kenwyne when Cardiff get relegated?

Yes
6 (18.8%)
No
26 (81.3%)

Total Members Voted: 31

Author Topic: Kenwyne Jones Thread  (Read 246623 times)

Offline Tiresais

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Kenwyne Jones Thread
« Reply #900 on: July 29, 2014, 04:45:14 AM »
Kenwyne suddenly looks the real deal

But Jones has shown in training and matches an intensity, tenacity and desire which will make him a dangerous player in the Championship. When he was encouraged to hit hard during training he sent a coach holding a tackle bag flying, while his movement and awareness give him an edge.

Some would argue that he's looking good because he's finally playing competition at his level.

KJ should really brutalize the defences in the Championship this year.

As a fan of Championship football (See my avatar) I have to say he has a lot of potential at this level - there was a striker for Preston built like two brick shit-houses cemented together and he terrorised the league - if he beefs up a little he has the potential to be top scorer no doubt.

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #901 on: July 29, 2014, 03:05:52 PM »
Can Cardiff City boss Ole Gunnar Solskjaer solve the great footballing enigma that is Kenwyne Jones?
Club Metro

In January, once the dust had settled on Cardiff City’s abrupt removal of Malky Mackay, all eyes were on Ole Gunnar Solskjaer to see who he would bring in to lead Cardiff City’s survival bid.

He brought in Kenwyne Jones.

Don’t get me wrong, he is a big strong forward, has scored a reasonable amount of goals wherever he has gone, but there’s always been a theme with Kenwyne, and not just that he likes playing for teams in the Premier League that play in red and white.

At Southampton, Sunderland and Stoke City, he scored in bursts but managers seemed to lose faith in him.

From the outside looking in, I’ve always been puzzled by Kenwyne’s trouble to get into teams and stay there. He always seemed to be someone who you could rely on for a goal here and there, but he would play a few games, and the managers would grow tired of his relaxed attitude and drop him.

Last season I could completely understand why that was the case. After making an instant impact by scoring against Norwich City, which in all fairness was a clumsy bundled effort that if I remember rightly came off his knee, he didn’t score again all season.

He didn’t seem particularly bothered if he was playing, or if he was on the bench. That might not be the case, but perception is everything and if you don’t look like you are trying hard it doesn’t go down well and it certainly doesn’t go down well with the Cardiff City fans.

Against Yeovil, he had the good natured but yet cruel mocking chant of ‘if Kenwyne scores, we’re on the pitch’ which has only been reserved for the likes of Jon Parkin and Eddie Johnson in recent memory. He scored two goals, and they weren’t bad ones. The first was a ball fired across the box at a speed that players with less ability would have missed or got too much contact on the ball. His second was an individual effort which also showed great attacking ability.

However, we also saw the other side of Kenwyne. He had been on the pitch for six minutes, and Yeovil had a corner. City cleared the ball and went on a counter attack. By the time the keeper was getting ready to take the goal kick, Kenwyne had only just reached the half way line.

Any fan of Southampton, Sunderland and Stoke City I’m sure will read the previous two paragraphs and say that sums up the man.

As we left the ground, I overheard two City fans say, well Kenwyne is a cert to start at Blackburn after scoring two goals. After the lazy performance with greatness sprinkled in, it’s still not enough to justify his reported £38,000 a week wage as far as I’m concerned.
The Conquering Lion of Judah shall break every chain.

Offline FF

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #902 on: August 05, 2014, 05:30:02 AM »
Football League 2014-2015 season: 17 talking points before the action begins
Louise Taylor - UK Guardian

Full List

16: Ole Gunnar Solskjaer remains a managerial enigma – and can he get Kenwyne Jones going again?

On paper the former Manchester United striker possesses one of the Championship’s strongest squads. In theory an immediate return to the top-flight for Cardiff should be something of a certainty. And yet the questions pile up: has Solskjaer signed too many players? Does he tinker with tactics and personnel too much? And is he capable of turning maverick Jones back into the formidable centre forward John Terry once dubbed his most awkward opponent?
THE BEATINGS WILL CONTINUE UNTIL MORALE IMPROVES

Offline Mose

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #903 on: August 08, 2014, 12:10:51 PM »
 I see Kenwyne is set to start for Cardiff against Blackburn today.
Are you a match? It's too late for Emru, but maybe you can help save someone's life: http://www.healemru.com

Offline Dinner Mints

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Cory Thomas: Illustration and Design
« Reply #904 on: August 08, 2014, 01:48:57 PM »
Now turn on this game at half time. 1-1 with a goal from KJ.

Offline royal

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #905 on: August 08, 2014, 02:33:10 PM »

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #906 on: August 09, 2014, 05:25:00 AM »
WATCH Kenwyne Jones score the first goal of the 2014/15 English Championship season. It came in a 1–1 draw against Blackburn Rovers.

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/DKYXrt1qD8A?start=107" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/DKYXrt1qD8A?start=107</a>
« Last Edit: August 09, 2014, 08:11:53 AM by Tallman »

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #907 on: August 10, 2014, 11:40:12 AM »
Cardiff City striker Kenwyne Jones hopes for 'bigger and better' to come after goal against Blackburn
By Terry Phillips (Wales Online)

The big frontman struggled to make an impact at the end of last year but now wants to fire the goals to get the Bluebirds back to the top.

Kenwyne Jones is playing Championship football for the first time in seven years – and marked his return to the second tier of the game with a booming headed goal in Cardiff City’s opening 1-1 draw at Blackburn last Friday night.

The big man from Trinidad is, at his best among the most powerful strikers in British football, and he is intent on being back in the Premier League next season.

There were long chats over the summer with Bluebirds manager Ole Gunnar Solskjaer about this season and the part he would play in attempting to get City back among the Premier elite.

For the last seven years Jones has played top flight football for Sunderland, Stoke and, last season at the Cardiff City Stadium.

The challenge of Championship football, though, holds no fears for a striker intent on making a major impact for Solskjaer’s team.

“It’s been seven years, almost exactly, since I last played in the Championship and it can be a different challenge,” said Jones after his opener at Ewood Park.

“There are so many matches to fit in, you don’t have time to worry. As soon as you have played one Championship match there is another coming up fast.

“At this level there are times when you have to go on adrenalin and get on with it. It can also work against you when there is lots of time to train. Sometimes there can be too many ideas and it can become complicated.

“I’m excited about the challenge ahead, I love scoring goals, and if we are going to regain our Premier League place, those goals are going to be needed.”

The 6ft 2ins Jones returned for pre-season fit, fired-up and ready for action. Perhaps those telephone chats with Solskjaer ensured he knew he will be playing a key role under the Norwegian.

This is a different Jones to the centre-forward who struggled to make an impact during the second half of last season. When he was urged to make the most of his sheer physical presence during pre-season training in Austria he smashed into coach Richard Hartis, who was holding a tackle bag, sending him flying and earned applause from Solskjaer’s backroom team.

“I don’t know if I am different from last season, which was tough for us as a team,” said Jones. “Now we have a specific goal and that is to be back in the Premier League next August,

“It’s important to get in shape because at Championship level there are matches coming up all the time. It’s going to take a lot of effort from everybody if we are to build and sustain a challenge.”

Jones first came to the UK 12 years ago when, as a teenager, he spent three months travelling around Europe trying to find a club.

He had trials with Rangers, Southampton, Manchester United plus West Ham and also went to Holland in search of a first professional contract.

The Saints gave Jones his chance and he said: “It was either find a club or join the Trinidad army.”

His uncle, Philbert Jones, who helped Trinidad and Tobago to within a point of qualifying for the 1990 World Cup, was the man who taught Kenwyne his trademark somersault goal celebration.

“He was my inspiration when I was younger,” said Kenwyne. “My uncle played for the national team. I remember him as the starting striker and nearly getting to Italia ‘90.

“That was big at the time because the whole country was behind the team. It changed the profile of football in the country.

“That was my real inspiration to become a footballer. Where I lived there was a football field across from my house and everybody would be out each evening playing.

“We had small goalposts, about five-a-side size. We’d rush home from school, drop our bags and be out playing football 24/7 until we were called in.

“I was about seven and I saw my uncle doing some sit-ups and, bang, just like that, out of nowhere he did a back flip. Most incredible thing I ever saw!

“I wanted to do it. I played in school tournaments at the age of 13 and the first time I scored did the back flip. I scored, ran to the corner and just flipped over.

“Everyone stood back, they’d never seen it before, and that was the start of it.”

Today, Jones has a big part to play in Cardiff’s quest for promotion and, apart from scoring, he caused major problems for home defenders with his power and aggression.

It was a surprise when Jones was given the nod to start alongside Nicky Maynard. But he struck with a first-half header to give Cardiff a lead and might have made it 2-0 when he had home keeper Paul Robinson in his sights.

“That free-kick delivery by Peter Whittingham was perfect,” said Jones, paying tribute to his team-mate.

“With the other chance, because I know Robbo, my thought was to get my shot in early, but it didn’t come.

“I couldn’t get it out of my feet. Hopefully there will be bigger and better things to come.”

Jones knows competition for Cardiff places in attack is fierce with Maynard, Adam Le Fondre, Federico Macheda, Javi Guerra and Joe Mason all determined to nail down a starting spot. Every striker we have brings different qualities and we’ll need all of those in a tough, gruelling season. I’m pretty sure all of us will chip in with goals.

“We showed our character at Blackburn where, with all eyes on us in the opening match of the season, we were able to grind out a result.

“Cardiff are tipped to go straight back up, but that’s not guaranteed. We’ll do everything we can, but to be honest there is nothing in life you can plan for.

“Things happen or not. You have to adjust and roll with it. I wanted to sign for Cardiff in January – and now I want to help our club regain their Premier League place.”

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Kenwyne Jones can become a Cardiff City cult idol
« Reply #908 on: August 17, 2014, 10:05:11 AM »
Kenwyne Jones can become a Cardiff City cult idol
By Paul Abbandonato (Wales Online)

The big, powerful front man can give himself iconic status amongst fans with displays in Championship this season.

Robin Friday, Nathan Blake, Rob Earnshaw... and Kenwyne Jones!

The Cardiff City striker of 2014 will probably never be held in quite the same esteem as those afore-mentioned legends when it comes to Bluebirds folklore.

But carry on at his current rate and big Kenwyne can definitely be the most recent player to join a group of fans’ cult idols which has also included the likes of Craig Bellamy, Peter Thorne, Carl Dale and Phil Stant down the years.

The big man’s double against Huddersfield took his goal tally to three in two Championship matches thus far.

While no-one should be getting too carried away by that start – particularly when the opposition are as hapless as managerless Huddersfield – it’s not a bad return for a bloke pretty much written off as being down at the bottom of the pecking order when it came to Ole Gunnar Solskjaer’s glut of forward options this season.

Javi Guerra, Federico Macheda, Adam Le Fondre and a fit-again Nicky Maynard were ahead of him in the queue, so we presumed.

Jones, having been extremely average in the Premier League last season (and that’s being diplomatic) would have to make do with the odd match with the development side.

How football can quickly change. Shortly before the Championship campaign commenced, Solskjaer handed Jones the prestigious number nine shirt for the season.

That, to me, spelt out a message from the manager. With Le Fondre given 10, these two appeared to be first picks in the eyes of the Bluebirds manager, even if that raised eyebrows amongst some fans.

I always reckoned that despite what had happened in the previous few months, Jones had the physical attributes and footballing ability to become a centre-forward sensation in the Championship.

More importantly, Solskjaer was clearly of that belief, too.

Given the clamour for places in Cardiff’s huge squad, what he needed to do was grab his opportunity when handed it.

Well he has done that... and how.

You know what, I’m delighted too. Jones copped an awful lot of flak for ineffectucal displays last season. Professionally, I threw as much stick his way as anyone.

He didn’t seem interested enough, or committed enough, to provide the goal power and leadership the Bluebirds so desperately needed from a front man to haul themselves clear of relegation.

Jason Perry, another Bluebirds terrace idol, even went as far on radio as stating Jones may have lost the desire to get beyond big, bruising centre-backs.

In other words, Perry reckoned he had had enough of the physical punishment centre-forwards receive. No-one doubted Jones’ ability, it was more a mental thing.

Well, whatever Solskjaer has been doing with his man-management of Jones this summer, it is working.

Instead of moaning about the fierce criticism he was receiving, Jones worked upon improving his fitness and his game.

And on his game this man, once on the brink of becoming a Liverpool player, has it within him to tear up the Championship.

Given the right service, and there are still issues over the balance of Solskjaer’s side, some defenders will simply find Jones unplayable at times.

Big, strong, immense in the air, decent touch on the ground, he links play and scores goals at this level. From Huddersfield corners and free kicks, Jones was also Cardiff’s best defender, invariably getting to the ball before Mark Hudson and Matt Connolly to head it away.

That’s commitment to the cause.

Given that size, stature, power, hair style and those somersault goal celebrations, Jones definitely has it within him to become an iconic figure amongst Bluebirds fans.

He already has a song, supporters slightly tinkering the words of the Spandau Ballet hit ‘Gold’ to chant: “Always believe in... Kenwyne Jones’.

So, can Jones carry on being ‘indestructible’ - another apt word from the song the supporters chant - or are we witnessing a false dawn?

I think there are a few more goals, assists and terrorising of Championship defenders to come yet.

Guerra, when he came on for Jones in the second half, looked a quality striker. As you would expect from someone who scored lots of goals in La Liga last season.

If Jones wants to hold off the challenge from the Spaniard, he needs to be full-on in every single Cardiff match.

If Jones is full-on, I’m not convinced too many Championship centre-backs can cope with him.

Huddersfield’s certainly couldn’t.

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #909 on: August 30, 2014, 03:52:14 PM »
Cardiff City Kenwyne Jones chant at Fulham

Kenwyne Jones, Jones
Always believe in your soul
You’ve got the power to know
You’re indestructible
Always believe innnnnnn

Kenwyne Jones, Jones
(repeat)

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/mwT3fST-AiQ" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/mwT3fST-AiQ</a>

Offline AB.Trini

• Hero Warrior
  • yuh cyar take meh ancestry from meh
    • View Profile
« Reply #910 on: September 01, 2014, 08:19:39 AM »
Keep the scoring -would be great to see a good team pick this man up in the EPL

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #911 on: September 01, 2014, 10:51:57 AM »
Cardiff City hot-shot Kenwyne Jones relishing physical Championship after netting again in draw at Fulham
By Steve Tucker (Wales Online)

Cardiff City hot-shot Kenwyne Jones admits the Championship is a lot more of a physical battle than when he last plied his trade there, but the big striker is proving to be right for the fight.

The 29-year-old Bluebirds man-of-the-moment made it four goals in five outings so far this season as his strike earned Ole Gunnar Solskjaer’s men a hard-fought point at Fulham.

Jones was brought in by Solskjaer from Stoke in January, but struggled to make an impact last term as the Bluebirds dropped out of the top-flight.

This campaign has been very different so far for the Trinidad & Tobago international as he has hit the ground running and helped his side to a reasonable start back in the second flight.

It has been a full decade since Jones was last in the Championship whilst playing for Stoke, when he managed three goals in 13 loan appearances for the Potters.

He said: “It is different in the Championship these days, a bit more straightforward.

“When I played 10 years ago, there was a bit more football involved, but today it’s tougher, there’s a lot more pressure because there’s a bigger price attached on getting to the Premier League.

“It’s a bit tougher, but I don’t believe it’s anything the team can’t cope with.

“Hopefully we can start playing better than we have been.”

Solskjaer and his players will know they can and will have to improve on their showing, particularly after a poor first-half at Craven Cottage.

Jones’ 55th minute equaliser came as a result of one of the few class moves from Solskjaer’s side.

The outstanding Mats Daehli bisected the home defence to put his team-mate through to fire home.

“That was my first chance more or less of the game,” said Jones.

“It fills you with confidence when you can score goals, but a striker is like the icing on a cake."

The former Sunderland and Stoke man added: “The cake itself is made of the ingredients.

“If you aren’t getting service enough to score you won’t score.

“Hopefully our team can keep getting better, more chances can be created and more goals can be scored.

“Against Fulham we could have done better in the first-half, we were a bit flat, but second-half, we came out and picked up the pace, started moving the ball better.”

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #912 on: September 30, 2014, 01:31:28 PM »
(20:48) GOAL! Brighton and Hove Albion 1, Cardiff City 1. Kenwyne Jones (Cardiff City) header from outside the box to the centre of the goal. Assisted by Peter Whittingham.

Offline soccerman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #913 on: September 30, 2014, 05:04:55 PM »
(20:48) GOAL! Brighton and Hove Albion 1, Cardiff City 1. Kenwyne Jones (Cardiff City) header from outside the box to the centre of the goal. Assisted by Peter Whittingham.
I have to try and find this highlight bc I'm interpreting it as from outside the 18 but I feel is the 6.

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #914 on: September 30, 2014, 06:51:34 PM »
I have to try and find this highlight bc I'm interpreting it as from outside the 18 but I feel is the 6.

It was just inside the 18. Here is a description of the goal:

Whittingham’s high ball picked out Jones and the big man climbed high. Stockdale was quick to leave his line and defender Lewis Dunk moved aside to let his keeper catch the ball, but he didn’t make it as Jones jumped in front of him and flicked into an empty net from 15 yards.

Offline soccerman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #915 on: September 30, 2014, 09:30:12 PM »
Nice! If only our NT players can provide this kind of service to Jones, I don't think many defenders in our region will be able to stop him. He is a serious aerial threat and we need to take advantage of that.

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #916 on: October 01, 2014, 04:57:07 AM »
Nice! If only our NT players can provide this kind of service to Jones, I don't think many defenders in our region will be able to stop him. He is a serious aerial threat and we need to take advantage of that.

Well boy, me eh know when dat go ever happen. I cyar remember de last player who had de ability to consistently deliver quality crosses either on the run or from dead ball situations.

Offline 100% Barataria

• aka Nachilus
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #917 on: October 01, 2014, 06:19:55 AM »

Well boy, me eh know when dat go ever happen. I cyar remember de last player who had de ability to consistently deliver quality crosses either on the run or from dead ball situations.

Who was de closest to dat?  Angus?
Education is our passport for the future for the future belongs to those who prepare for it today

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #918 on: October 01, 2014, 09:50:36 AM »
WATCH Kenwyne Jones’ headed goal from 15 yards against Brighton & Hove Albion

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/PyXATG5ZqFI?start=75" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/PyXATG5ZqFI?start=75</a>

Offline Mad Scorpion a/k/a Big Bo$$

• Hero Warrior
  • a/k/a Optimus Prime
    • View Profile
« Reply #919 on: October 01, 2014, 10:20:07 AM »
Sweet header!  From the highlights it appears Cardiff was under lots of pressure

Offline Peong

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #920 on: October 01, 2014, 10:36:03 AM »
Allyuh see those saves from Cardiff's keeper?  Very impressive he kept them in the game

Offline Dinner Mints

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Cory Thomas: Illustration and Design
« Reply #921 on: October 01, 2014, 04:22:05 PM »

Who was de closest to dat?  Angus?
I think I remember Kerry Baptiste used to put some good balls in when they had him playing right wing.

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #922 on: October 01, 2014, 05:42:12 PM »
great goal by KJ. But allyuh must remember the NT don't have the player or players at this moment to give Kj those kind of passes.

Offline maxg

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #923 on: October 01, 2014, 06:07:47 PM »
great goal by KJ. But allyuh must remember the NT don't have the player or players at this moment to give Kj those kind of passes.
I not convinced Cardiff have either. However, if yuh can get/keep the ball . and get to a certain position, it can be done..I could do it, don't see why a NT player can't...maybe what we seeing, is not getting the ball in a position to make it happen, consistently..cause he won't score on one..maybe one of 10.

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #924 on: October 01, 2014, 06:20:56 PM »
Well Maxg, I eh doubting your points. But for the past 5 to six years, we have yet to produce some quality mid-fielders who play with consistency.

Offline maxg

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #925 on: October 02, 2014, 02:15:39 PM »
Well Maxg, I eh doubting your points. But for the past 5 to six years, we have yet to produce some quality mid-fielders who play with consistency.
Could be viewed they were consistently asked to do something different. btw.. One aerial threat doesn't mean we should be consistently crossing balls, that at the higher levels of the game, he will get 2or 3 out of 10 possessions. It's a matter of timing.  team with excellent ball crossers (England), without beckham, don't consistently cross balls into the box, with shortman Rooney, Sturridge etc.. them fells won't smell the ball..but when there is an opening, them small men still finding ways to score...Some men could live on crosses, but the scoring rate not higher than other approaches (not counting cset playes). The thing is, if we have a guy who could probably advantage those more against weaker/smaller or less experienced defenses, then hell yeah, cross it. But if the coach not running that play, working on buildup and penetration, how much crosses  will we see. I think we coach, will do the right thing..Possession, buildup, wide cross to open  and unnerve defenses - strong opportunity with a KJ, and with an open defense, then we can have penetration, with the plazas, molinos..et al..but opposition level and timing, have to be in order... just my thoughts

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #926 on: October 02, 2014, 03:07:50 PM »
Could be viewed they were consistently asked to do something different. btw.. One aerial threat doesn't mean we should be consistently crossing balls, that at the higher levels of the game, he will get 2or 3 out of 10 possessions. It's a matter of timing.  team with excellent ball crossers (England), without beckham, don't consistently cross balls into the box, with shortman Rooney, Sturridge etc.. them fells won't smell the ball..but when there is an opening, them small men still finding ways to score...Some men could live on crosses, but the scoring rate not higher than other approaches (not counting cset playes). The thing is, if we have a guy who could probably advantage those more against weaker/smaller or less experienced defenses, then hell yeah, cross it. But if the coach not running that play, working on buildup and penetration, how much crosses  will we see. I think we coach, will do the right thing..Possession, buildup, wide cross to open  and unnerve defenses - strong opportunity with a KJ, and with an open defense, then we can have penetration, with the plazas, molinos..et al..but opposition level and timing, have to be in order... just my thoughts

touche!!!!

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #927 on: October 22, 2014, 01:28:28 PM »
Kenwyne Jones is ranked #4 on SB Nation readers’ list of favourite Sunderland strikers of the last decade.
http://rokerreport.sbnation.com/2014/10/21/7026341/top-ten-your-favourite-sunderland-strikers-of-the-last-decade-part-two

Offline maxg

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Cardiff City star Kenwyne Jones flies home to T&T after family tragedy
« Reply #928 on: November 01, 2014, 03:12:14 PM »
Cardiff City star Kenwyne Jones flies home to T&T after family tragedy
By Jon Doel (Wales Online)

Cardiff City striker Kenwyne Jones is set to miss the Bluebirds’ next two matches after flying home to Trinidad and Tobago following a family tragedy.

The news follows Jones’ personal tribute after he scored Cardiff’s third goal in the 3-1 win over Leeds United on Saturday.

The 30-year-old removed his shirt to reveal a message that read: “RIP Deshon and Chibbi”.

A Cardiff City statement read: “We would like to offer our sincere condolences to Kenwyne Jones following a family tragedy.

“We ask that Kenwyne and his family are given space and privacy at this difficult time.”

Jones is not expected to link back up with the Bluebirds until after the international break later this month and is extremely unlikely to be available for Tuesday’s trip to Bolton and Saturday’s visit to Birmingham.

The Bluebirds striker has found himself out of the starting XI since Russell Slade's appointment despite scoring six goals so far this season.

« Last Edit: November 01, 2014, 07:46:21 PM by Tallman »

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #929 on: November 02, 2014, 08:06:34 AM »
WATCH Kenwyne Jones score the third goal in Cardiff City’s 3-1 win over Leeds United.

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/ilmA6_QP4VM?start=61" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/ilmA6_QP4VM?start=61</a>

1]; } ?>