April 26, 2024, 11:18:32 AM

Poll

Will a Premiership side save Kenwyne when Cardiff get relegated?

Yes
6 (18.8%)
No
26 (81.3%)

Total Members Voted: 31

Author Topic: Kenwyne Jones Thread  (Read 247647 times)

Offline pull stones

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Kenwyne Jones Thread
« Reply #960 on: November 19, 2014, 04:37:39 PM »
elan. romello lukako gets the same treatment yet he never whines and complains. this jones guy on the other hand is a cry baby who is easily marked out of a game and bitches with his team mates because he don't get balls directly on his head or feet. lukako on the other hand always finds a way to turn the hackers into dust and puts the ball in the net something jones needs to learn in addition to dribbling and his first touch which is absolutely essential to a striker.

Offline socalion

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #961 on: November 19, 2014, 04:42:50 PM »
Agreed 100% .....My immediate  concern is ensuring Mr Stephen Hart  our Coach  remains  to continue his  job without hindrances and be  part of the rebuilding process  which is clearly evident  presently

Offline socalion

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #962 on: November 19, 2014, 04:46:24 PM »
Agreed 100 % with  maxg 

Offline elan

• Go On ......Get In There!!!!!!!!
  • Hero Warrior
  • WaRRioR fOr LiFe!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #963 on: November 19, 2014, 06:53:00 PM »
elan. romello lukako gets the same treatment yet he never whines and complains. this jones guy on the other hand is a cry baby who is easily marked out of a game and bitches with his team mates because he don't get balls directly on his head or feet. lukako on the other hand always finds a way to turn the hackers into dust and puts the ball in the net something jones needs to learn in addition to dribbling and his first touch which is absolutely essential to a striker.

Lukaku and KJ is two completely Differrent players.

KJ didn't have his best game, but a big part of that was JA being much more prepared for us. All this talk abou tKJ lazy and he whining and eh trying is ah set of :bs:  The man was working trying, but the game was not set up for him.

I still trying to fivure out how men know he eh care and eh trying. Because he eh running around like ah clown? Which team does juat launch ball at their forward amd daiz it?

Fella on here need to get real, and stop toting.
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4</a>

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #964 on: November 20, 2014, 01:02:02 AM »
The critique on KJ is similar to the critique on Balotelli: questions centered on the player's mobility. However, since the comparison is hollow beyond the mobility issue, I'm not going to compare both players.

Offline Mad Scorpion a/k/a Big Bo$$

• Hero Warrior
  • a/k/a Optimus Prime
    • View Profile
« Reply #965 on: November 20, 2014, 09:34:56 AM »
Sando Prince if nobody eh go tell yuh I go say it.  You is ah c0nthole jedd!  Plain and simple.  KJ musse slaughter somebody important to you or something caw u carryin ah dread torch fuh da man.

Offline Sando prince

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #966 on: November 20, 2014, 09:42:28 AM »
Sando Prince if nobody eh go tell yuh I go say it.  You is ah c0nthole jedd!  Plain and simple.  KJ musse slaughter somebody important to you or something caw u carryin ah dread torch fuh da man.

and you think your opinion of me is important ? Regardless how much you like KJ. He has been disappointing on many occasions over the years. SAME criticism about him being lazy wanting the ball directly at his feet, easily man handled by smaller defenders. You want us to believe he has improved but I don't see any improvement. Your explanation for him not having any impact in important games for the country is because the opposing team did a good job of marking him out the game. So if this is going to be the trend then we will always be at a disadvantage when playing him because of his style.

Do not get your love for KJ confused with your emotions of anger towards my posts

• Hero Warrior
  • a/k/a Optimus Prime
    • View Profile
« Reply #967 on: November 20, 2014, 09:49:33 AM »
You think I care if it important to you?!!  Lmao hoss is an observation and it needed to be expressed.  Simple as dat.  All da ress ah asshole talk bout confused is just that.  Me eh no lil school gyul swoonin ova KJ.  I does give credit where it is due.  KJ in many ways has shown the strength of character that the armband demands.  Weird how yuh could address my last post buh since yesterday yuh ha not one f00ck to say in response to Reply #746. 

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #968 on: November 20, 2014, 10:18:22 AM »
Criticisms, fair or not,  the service to KJ was inconsistent. We just don't have the players to give him the ball the way he gets in England. With the constant rotation of players, service to him was either to high, to wide. Plus he was marked tightly. But KJ needs to adjust his play a bit to accommodate our mid players who who themselves struggled to control the ball, travel with it and make decent passes to him. Much more work needs to be done. Hopefully in the next international window, TTFA can get a decent team, and coach Hart should start Glenn. Let's see if he is the real deal.

• Hero Warrior
  • a/k/a Optimus Prime
    • View Profile
« Reply #969 on: November 20, 2014, 10:44:17 AM »
Not to be discounted is that Coach Hart has said in many instances the team was not doing as instructed.  So for all we know KJ could have been deployed and instructed to stay up in the opponents half as an outlet and then hold up the ball for the rest to get in on the plays.  I find we simply don't have enough info to offer such scathing criticisms of any player unless we privy to the directions given by the coach.

Offline socalion

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #970 on: November 20, 2014, 11:23:43 AM »
Agreed scorpion...!!

Offline pull stones

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #971 on: November 20, 2014, 04:59:13 PM »
Not to be discounted is that Coach Hart has said in many instances the team was not doing as instructed.  So for all we know KJ could have been deployed and instructed to stay up in the opponents half as an outlet and then hold up the ball for the rest to get in on the plays.  I find we simply don't have enough info to offer such scathing criticisms of any player unless we privy to the directions given by the coach.
no excuses man. the player is easily neutralized in any big game situation we saw it with the game in guyana we saw it at the FA cup final in wembley we saw it in the sunderland darby day and we saw it on tuesday. the point is that jonsey is not a go to guy he too timid. on tuesday jonsey spend more time on his butt than on his feet mind you this is a big solid dude but he cries like a baby and is easily man handled, this guy makes marlon herewood look drogba. give me stern john anyday of the week.

• Hero Warrior
  • a/k/a Optimus Prime
    • View Profile
« Reply #972 on: November 21, 2014, 10:32:09 AM »
no excuses man. the player is easily neutralized in any big game situation we saw it with the game in guyana we saw it at the FA cup final in wembley we saw it in the sunderland darby day and we saw it on tuesday. the point is that jonsey is not a go to guy he too timid. on tuesday jonsey spend more time on his butt than on his feet mind you this is a big solid dude but he cries like a baby and is easily man handled, this guy makes marlon herewood look drogba. give me stern john anyday of the week.

You talking rell shit oui.  Easily neutralized?!  Easily manhandled?  Is that why he had 2 defenders assigned to him all game and more lurking to help out?  When has he ever voiced any aspiration to be Stern or like him?  Love SJ buh he tutu dong heself in big moments too.  Are we forgetting that crucial penalty agains't El Salvador that was likely to propel us into a much better chance to qualify under Maturana?  That was bigger than this game.  Keep that Stern if yuh want buh f**k off an lee Cap' alone

Offline pull stones

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #973 on: November 21, 2014, 07:14:36 PM »

You talking rell shit oui.  Easily neutralized?!  Easily manhandled?  Is that why he had 2 defenders assigned to him all game and more lurking to help out?  When has he ever voiced any aspiration to be Stern or like him?  Love SJ buh he tutu dong heself in big moments too.  Are we forgetting that crucial penalty agains't El Salvador that was likely to propel us into a much better chance to qualify under Maturana?  That was bigger than this game.  Keep that Stern if yuh want buh f**k off an lee Cap' alone
take it easy bad boy no need for all that. as for stern he was not a great penalty taker but he was a hell of a go to guy pulling us out of some sticky situation and had it not been for his 8 goals in 2005 qualification we would not have the world cup experience. as for jonsey having two markers, well so did yorke stern and russell latapy, yet they all performed beyond expectation. im afraid your case doesn't hold water.

• Hero Warrior
  • a/k/a Optimus Prime
    • View Profile
« Reply #974 on: November 22, 2014, 07:37:05 AM »
Yorke performed beyond expectations?  Dan yuh iz ah mad man ah wot?!  You just tossing things out and eh realize is madness you talkin. You mentioned Lukaku earlier but can you guess why he not with Chelsea no more?  Sense of entitlement and the same whining you claim he doesn't do.

Offline Socapro

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
  • Ras Shorty-I, Father of Soca, Chutney-Soca & Jamoo
    • View Profile
« Reply #975 on: November 23, 2014, 01:36:15 AM »
Here is a very nice interview with Kenwyne after winning the first game in Jamaica in the 2014 Caribbean Cup.

Soca Warriors' Captain, Kenwyne Jones on The Sound of The Streets
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/dSLtuLnk4f4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/dSLtuLnk4f4</a>

Soca Warriors' Captain, Kenwyne Jones discusses the Caribbean Football Union League, Charitable Work and how Domestic Violence has affected his Life.

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Optimisic interview from Kenwyne about winning the Caribbean Cup 2 days later.

Soca Warriors' Captain, Kenwyne Jones in Studio with Shal and Jaiga #TurnItUpFridays
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/yrlZYk6GYFY" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/yrlZYk6GYFY</a>

T&T Captain, Kenwyne Jones discuss the Football Team's qualification for the 2015 Gold Cup with Shal and Jaiga.

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Interesting interview that Kenwyne did with 91.9FM on the day of the Caribbean Cup Final before the match was played. Going by what he said in this interview the players definitely threatened to boycott the match as part of the negotiations to ensure that their coach gets his 8 months salary owing paid as they did not want to lose him. Big-up to Kenwyne and the players for making that move in the interest of not losing their coach.

Soca Warriors' Captain Kenwyne Jones Tells It All!
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/y1fJNKBhW2Y" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/y1fJNKBhW2Y</a>

Soca Warriors' Captain, Kenwyne Jones talks about Salaries owed for over 3 years and wanting to Boycott the Caribbean Cup Finals.
« Last Edit: November 23, 2014, 01:39:08 AM by Socapro »
De higher a monkey climbs is de less his ass is on de line, if he works for FIFA that is! ;-)

Offline Mose

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #976 on: November 23, 2014, 04:36:39 AM »
Leadership :beermug: :beermug: :beermug:
Are you a match? It's too late for Emru, but maybe you can help save someone's life: http://www.healemru.com

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #977 on: November 23, 2014, 07:37:20 AM »

Now that KJ and the team have gotten their money. And the 2006 got their moneys also, I would like to see they form the players union that is sorely lacking. They have shown that they have leadership. The TTFA have agreed for a players union in the new constitution. Don't wait for TTFA next election. Get lawyers and accountants and form a bona fide players union.

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #978 on: November 23, 2014, 07:43:37 AM »
Ah love de vibes and fellowship in studio with Jones, Molino, Guerra and Peltier. Good stuff.

Offline Socapro

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
  • Ras Shorty-I, Father of Soca, Chutney-Soca & Jamoo
    • View Profile
« Reply #979 on: November 23, 2014, 09:04:21 AM »
Fresh from the Caribbean Cup finals, Soca Warriors Team members, Kenwyne Jones, Kevin Molino, Lester Peltier and Ataullah Guerra give an update on the Status of the Team on the Sound of the Streets on 91.6FM with Ezel, Isoke and Kerron.

What's In The Future For The T&T Soca Warriors?
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/ejUXWNBxfHs" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/ejUXWNBxfHs</a>

This radio interview gives us a good idea of the vibe of the players and how they feel after finally receiving their salaries when they got back to T&T from the recently concluded Caribbean Cup Finals.
De higher a monkey climbs is de less his ass is on de line, if he works for FIFA that is! ;-)

Offline soccerman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #980 on: November 24, 2014, 11:34:57 PM »
Good interview by the players, their bond on and off the field is tremendous

Offline maxg

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #981 on: December 12, 2014, 02:17:38 PM »
 smh  ::).. You just trying to start a noise and bachanal so you could feel yuh doing something or what.
real Trini, it's built in it seems..whenever things going good, start something to cause confusion, doubt and division. like we doh have enuff issues. Normal for us...Carry on moderator, play yuhself, hold us back  :(
I choose to support 

Offline maxg

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #982 on: December 12, 2014, 03:01:37 PM »
so everybody else wrong, Picking him, one of the top leagues in the world, best coaches in the world, and another one of the best coaches make him captain, Clubs paying him big money, nobody else from TT, just he, just cause they like paying shithongs for so. He play in 2 World cups, just because ppl like to pick and see no good players. The only one from that youth team still going real strong.
But you sticking with your 8 + year opinion that will never change, no matter what. And you not seeing nothing wrong with that. Well I'm no professional, I can't help yuh.  That's a lot to carry for so long doh.

ps: Call some other names that we have right now that have all this God blessings please. That get all the amount of chances and still managing to hold down wuk consistently, especially in Europe. Maybe he rass making them think he look like Jesus ?

for next post
you keep deleting & reposting
Proof: He keeps coming back when called to REPRESENT Trinidad & Tobago. You think he can't afford a ticket home himself? You think after he got an almost career ending injury, he would have not bothered ? yuh think he would bother to make donations and visits to kids from his area ?Yuh think he was coming back to collect the big TT cheque and faking wanting to represent all this time ? You might be right, he's a better actor and a damn fool than a footballer, cause I went full stop on the injury.. I'd rather he don't care about me, just caring for/representing TT with pride makes me happy, so in fact, maybe he cares a little bit bout me
   ???
« Last Edit: December 12, 2014, 04:35:45 PM by maxg »

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #983 on: December 14, 2014, 10:01:11 AM »
WATCH Kenwyne Jones score his 7th goal of the English Championship season.
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/o4DrgM80xXo" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/o4DrgM80xXo</a>
The Conquering Lion of Judah shall break every chain.

Offline Spursy

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
  • Willis Plaza Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #984 on: December 16, 2014, 04:42:32 PM »
Jones losing support of faithfuls

"Photo-shopped" - One fan description of Mr.Jones goal for Cardiff City this week. With the Caribbean Cup finals dismal performance from the Trinidad and Tobago captain, fans are starting to show their emotions over the internet in a not so friendly manner. "The Warriors lack leadership" - Another fan pointed out receiving too many likes and was blocked by Mr.Jones on his facebook page after a selfie picture hanging out with friends at a nearby pub.

"More goals less Swag" - by another user was promptly blocked as well from Jones facebook page as a fan expresses disappointment in the lack of commitment on the pitch. The "Golden Boy" of this generation is slowly but surely becoming the scapegoat of the Trinidad And Tobago National team. While it is understandable enough for criticism to surface after the poor showing at the recent Caribbean Cup and most notable in the Finals the Trinidad and Tobago captain have opted to block his fans instead of giving them hope.

Time will tell
Coach Hart have alot of thinking to do when it comes to selection for the upcoming Gold Cup but the question is still there- will he stick to his guns (as he has done before) or will he make the changes giving Jan the nod ahead of Jones. Some fans have also hinted that Jones might be under too much pressure as captain observing him scold midfielders during the CFU Finals - Understanding that he is quality, how does the Coach get the best out of him. The question remains looming over the critics - will Jones step up and lead the way or will he continue to "Get by" unnoticed without losing his spot on the National Team.

-By SWO FAN

« Last Edit: December 16, 2014, 04:44:32 PM by SWO_TNTFAN »

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #985 on: December 16, 2014, 10:00:46 PM »
Coach Hart have alot of thinking to do when it comes to selection for the upcoming Gold Cup but the question is still there- will he stick to his guns (as he has done before) or will he make the changes giving Jan the nod ahead of Jones. Some fans have also hinted that Jones might be under too much pressure as captain observing him scold midfielders during the CFU Finals - Understanding that he is quality, how does the Coach get the best out of him. The question remains looming over the critics - will Jones step up and lead the way or will he continue to "Get by" unnoticed without losing his spot on the National Team. 

Hart knows how to get the best out of Jones. He has had his best international scoring form under Hart. 11 goals in 17 matches. Only Molino has a better strike rate during that time.
The Conquering Lion of Judah shall break every chain.

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #986 on: December 16, 2014, 11:27:30 PM »
I don't think the captaincy is KJ problem. He has to figure out how to change his game to accommodate our mids.

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #987 on: December 17, 2014, 01:36:12 AM »
We don't have the mids at this moment to give him the service he gets in England. We just don't have it at this moment.

Offline Mose

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #988 on: December 17, 2014, 08:52:53 AM »

Now that KJ and the team have gotten their money. And the 2006 got their moneys also, I would like to see they form the players union that is sorely lacking. They have shown that they have leadership. The TTFA have agreed for a players union in the new constitution. Don't wait for TTFA next election. Get lawyers and accountants and form a bona fide players union.

I've been wanting that since the days of FPATT but at the end of the day I believe that that initiative has to come from the bottom up. Until the rank and file players come to the conclusion/belief that they need a players association, nothing will happen.
Are you a match? It's too late for Emru, but maybe you can help save someone's life: http://www.healemru.com

Offline dreamer

• Hero Warrior
  • These fellas are real Warriors.
    • View Profile
« Reply #989 on: December 17, 2014, 11:57:10 AM »
Simple problem to solve ... and Hart knows it. A real attacking strategy must have many attacking options on the field at the same time such as:

1. KJ on his chest and turning to lay off to Guerra who slips in a cross for KJ to head home.
2. Peltier pelting dong the wing to break the offside trap after a Molino thru pass.
3. Plaza weaving and turning just outside the box to let go a rocket into the jep nest
4. Glen 1 or Glen 2 doing some dazzling inside the box to draw a foul for Molino to convert the penalty
5. Molino curling a delicate shot around the keeper from a wicked angle at edge of box or after a 1:2 with KJ.
6. Winchester (Rundell) blazing through the middle too fast for defenders and unleashing a 25 yard rocket.
7. Guerra hitting a 30 yard heat-seeking trident-missile rocket after a shake on the L.
8. Bateau or Cyrus running up to sneak in a surprise header.
9. Joevin Jones moves up like a brazilian libero and ridiculously dribbles his way into the box to unleash his customary net-busting bullet.

and so on. Once you have the options, it's a piece of cake.
So ... to my players and recruiters: Stop playing de fool. Research your contracts carefully.
Winchester, Plaza and to some extent the last stopper with plats in he head (forgot his name) learned a VERY hard lesson
and future trialists should not get in such trouble again,
thus jeopardizing the options for the national team.
KJ keeps his essential style but many other options must be there next time.
I believe Hart will have better selection luck next time when Gold Cup time comes around.
« Last Edit: January 05, 2015, 10:04:54 AM by dreamer »
Supportin' de Warriors right tru.

1]; } ?>