April 18, 2024, 06:38:22 AM

Poll

Will a Premiership side save Kenwyne when Cardiff get relegated?

Yes
6 (18.8%)
No
26 (81.3%)

Total Members Voted: 31

Author Topic: Kenwyne Jones Thread  (Read 246355 times)

Offline just cool

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Some advise to Jones.
« Reply #30 on: October 22, 2007, 06:18:26 AM »
My two cents, cornell Glenn is such a player not jonesy,not that Jones can't develop into such a players, but Jones so reminds me of drogba, not to fancy wid the footworks , but knows how to score, and that's just what we need on the national team , the same goes for sunlun. we had great dribblers in the past but hardly any finishers who got the ball in the back of the net, played excellent and dazzled the crowd, but no goals, and that's the main reason we sucked so much in the past, lack of finishing which is so frustrating.
The pen is mightier than the sword, Africa for Africans home and abroad.Trinidad is not my home just a pit stop, Africa is my destination,final destination the MOST HIGH.

Offline just cool

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: KJ...1 word
« Reply #31 on: October 22, 2007, 07:10:19 AM »
Everytime I watch KJ I does marvel of how good this man really is and then ah does get vex knowing he have no support on that riff raff team,he clearly is doing all the work on that team which includes defending,attacking,midfield,the rest of them should be ashamed of themselves,kenwynne,carlos,yorke are the three best players on that team hands down......
Pinto,  that's an extreemly rude statment yuh made about the rest of the team, it's also false. FYI grant ledbitter had an awesome game as well as most of the team, and your trini bias shows quite clear. yorke aint score one goal for the whole season even though he played his part, so don't say them boys is the best on the team. man like higginbotham, nosworthy , ledbitter , miller ,mc shane and collins are playing excellent ball, they're just unlucky at the most crucial times, and such is the prem. i believe the team will get their footing preety soon . have some patients bro.                  positive.
The pen is mightier than the sword, Africa for Africans home and abroad.Trinidad is not my home just a pit stop, Africa is my destination,final destination the MOST HIGH.

Offline saga pinto

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: October 22, 2007, 07:20:17 AM »
Everytime I watch KJ I does marvel of how good this man really is and then ah does get vex knowing he have no support on that riff raff team,he clearly is doing all the work on that team which includes defending,attacking,midfield,the rest of them should be ashamed of themselves,kenwynne,carlos,yorke are the three best players on that team hands down......
Pinto,  that's an extreemly rude statment yuh made about the rest of the team, it's also false. FYI grant ledbitter had an awesome game as well as most of the team, and your trini bias shows quite clear. yorke aint score one goal for the whole season even though he played his part, so don't say them boys is the best on the team. man like higginbotham, nosworthy , ledbitter , miller ,mc shane and collins are playing excellent ball, they're just unlucky at the most crucial times, and such is the prem. i believe the team will get their footing preety soon . have some patients bro.                  positive.

Okay I will take that as I should and retract what I said earlier,so as to be more patient in my analysis,because clearly people see something in the team that I'm not seeing,but maybe time will tell...........

Offline grskywalker

• Hero Warrior
  • WARRIORS BUSS THE NET AGAIN!
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: October 22, 2007, 07:47:03 AM »
Jones need to be a bit more selfish with the ball on top the box, too much lay off with ball on feet typical English style of coaching, one of the great quality in a striker is holding on to the ball and taking on defenders.

He need to develop his dribbling skills, I would recommed some 1v1 coaching sessions with someone like Latas on dribbling.

Well even dwight did not dribble as much when he was at Manchester either, you know how brutal the EPL is you really ain't have time to do all that before yuh get blade, so quick reflex and first touch is important, because you need to get that shot off as fast and as accurate as you can. Jones goal at Reading was sweet , because he leave out the defender with one touch , turn and boom goal.

Offline Coach

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: October 22, 2007, 07:55:39 AM »
Very good points by all, but a striker will get into a situations were we will be isolated at times and will need to take on a defender to create a goal scoring opportunity, he can run away from this situaltion and look for the late support.

Jones has the tools to be top class striker, and being able to eliminate a defender at times will be one part of his game that can make him a world class striker.

Offline spideybuff

• Hero Warrior
  • Certant omnes sed non omnibus palma
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: October 22, 2007, 08:03:14 AM »
No offense coach, but that is trinidad style advice and all of us here will agree with you that is what is good for Jones. However, that is not why he was bought by Sunderland. His job is to collect the ball with his back toward the goal, lay it off for a teammate and then get into the area for the cross to finish. Simple.

All he need the tricks for is to be able to hold onto the ball til he get support, which he does very well. Doh get tie up...Jones could dribble, he just doh need to a la Dwight Yorke when he went to England. It is not necessary, but when he in a situation where he has no choice but to dribble, he can and will. However, it is usually just to maintain posisession and not to advance position.

Maybe it is his misfortune because of his stature, but the smaller nippy striker, like Chopra and Stokes, are the ones who Keane expect to be running at men with the ball and dribbling after getting the layoff from Jones.

If you watch his game, he understands it to perfection in my opinion. When he get the ball played into him, his back is toward goal and he looks to lay it off to a teammamte. However, several times when the play breakdown and he was facing the goal he look to take on the man just to make space for himeslf and shoot, virtually every time. I see enough of Kenwyne to know he could dribble, man.

Watch the World Cup games without emotions and from a coaching standpoint and u will see it. He collect and layoff or collect and turn on the man before getting a foul or a throw-in 95% of the time.
You either die the hero or live long enough to become the villain

Offline grskywalker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: October 22, 2007, 08:04:36 AM »
My two cents, cornell Glenn is such a player not jonesy,not that Jones can't develop into such a players, but Jones so reminds me of drogba, not to fancy wid the footworks , but knows how to score, and that's just what we need on the national team , the same goes for sunlun. we had great dribblers in the past but hardly any finishers who got the ball in the back of the net, played excellent and dazzled the crowd, but no goals, and that's the main reason we sucked so much in the past, lack of finishing which is so frustrating.

I keep saying it over and over CORNELL GLEN AND JONES UP FRONT FOR TNT is PURE POISON! WE  HAVE THE OPTIONS NOW MORE THAN EVER BEFORE

Offline Diambars

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: October 22, 2007, 08:21:57 AM »
Roy Keene in an interview after the game yesterday was asked "how threatening is KJ tp PFL defenders"?  And his response conatined the following "you saw for yourself today, he has a physical presence, good touch and is quick.  We are delighted with KJ".  Compare those statements to the concern raised in this post and one must ask who is closer to the truth here?

Offline spideybuff

• Hero Warrior
  • Certant omnes sed non omnibus palma
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: October 22, 2007, 08:27:05 AM »
With Saha getting iinjured all the time, I feel Sir Alex will tell Keano..."I need Kenwyne to finish them thing thst Ronaldo, Tevez and Rooney creating. Here, i giving you real money plus I will buy big players from foreign, chain them up to come to Manu and loan them to u, just tell me who u want. Please, Roy...doh get on so nah man, let me buy him from u nah! I know u might get relegated without him but doh study it, u will get my job next couple years and be reunited with him and then u will win everything too!''

But seriously...he looking like a class act and at 22 he on track to be better than Dwight was, which says a lot.
You either die the hero or live long enough to become the villain

Offline WestCoast

• The obvious is that which is never seen until someone expresses it simply
  • Hero Warrior
  • "Let We Do What We Normally Does" :)
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: October 22, 2007, 08:41:25 AM »
With Saha getting iinjured all the time, I feel Sir Alex will tell Keano..."I need Kenwyne to finish them thing thst Ronaldo, Tevez and Rooney creating. Here, i giving you real money plus I will buy big players from foreign, chain them up to come to Manu and loan them to u, just tell me who u want. Please, Roy...doh get on so nah man, let me buy him from u nah! I know u might get relegated without him but doh study it, u will get my job next couple years and be reunited with him and then u will win everything too!''
But seriously...he looking like a class act and at 22 he on track to be better than Dwight was, which says a lot.
wid all due respect, why Braveheart doh send Shrek to Sunderland ;D
Whatever you do, do it to the purpose; do it thoroughly, not superficially. Go to the bottom of things. Any thing half done, or half known, is in my mind, neither done nor known at all. Nay, worse, for it often misleads.
Lord Chesterfield
(1694 - 1773)

Offline Fyzoman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: October 22, 2007, 08:48:33 AM »
No offense coach, but that is trinidad style advice and all of us here will agree with you that is what is good for Jones. However, that is not why he was bought by Sunderland. His job is to collect the ball with his back toward the goal, lay it off for a teammate and then get into the area for the cross to finish. Simple.
All he need the tricks for is to be able to hold onto the ball til he get support, which he does very well. Doh get tie up...Jones could dribble, he just doh need to a la Dwight Yorke when he went to England. It is not necessary, but when he in a situation where he has no choice but to dribble, he can and will. However, it is usually just to maintain posisession and not to advance position.

Maybe it is his misfortune because of his stature, but the smaller nippy striker, like Chopra and Stokes, are the ones who Keane expect to be running at men with the ball and dribbling after getting the layoff from Jones.

If you watch his game, he understands it to perfection in my opinion. When he get the ball played into him, his back is toward goal and he looks to lay it off to a teammamte. However, several times when the play breakdown and he was facing the goal he look to take on the man just to make space for himeslf and shoot, virtually every time. I see enough of Kenwyne to know he could dribble, man.

Watch the World Cup games without emotions and from a coaching standpoint and u will see it. He collect and layoff or collect and turn on the man before getting a foul or a throw-in 95% of the time.

I need to amend my earlier post, "Unless we hear it from Kenwyne/Dwight/Carlos/SpideyBuff we won't know for sure what is Keane's plan for Kenwyne." My bad! ;)
"Practice is the best of all instructors"

Offline Observer

• Hero Warrior
  • The best gift for a footballer is Intelligence ---
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: October 22, 2007, 08:52:08 AM »
developing dribbling ability takes considerable time. If it was that easy almost every player would develop that ability. Jones has pace & strength and that is what he will have to build upon

Koller, Battistuta, Klose, Luca Toni, Borgetti, Morientes, Sheara, Kluivert, Van Niselroy are all players that are great goal scorers but no one will name them for their dribbling ability.

Jones is still learning how to play the position and I am sure he will also learn to use his qualities and score many goals.
To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead
                                              Thomas Paine

Offline Coop's

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: October 22, 2007, 09:17:34 AM »
ah imagine ah lot ah men on dis forum feel de same way bout Kenwyne Coops; ah know I do. There were times when ah thought he coulda be alil selfish and take men on, but like other men say, MAYBE (???) Keane doh want that, however unless Kenwyne/Dwight/Carlos tell we, we won't know for sure. ah don't see how developing his one v one dribbling skill could hurt his (we) game, and while i do respect fellahs analysis and ting, YO!! at the end ah de day you could be John Terry but if yuh have big strong/more-skillful Kenwyne Jones coming at yuh, yuh could try to send him which ever direction yuh want, when is time to take yuh drag/shoulder-feint/step-over, bredda yuh taking it. On a related note, all ah could think about is having a fit Kenwyne when WC Qualifiers start, ah cyah wait, and yeah. yeah the analysis men go start talking bout what dis or dat team will do to neutralize him, blah, blah, blah.....all i know is he will be a force to be reckoned with for dem concacaf teams. Bless
        Fyzo i hope this is a typo but" Kenwyn Coops" don't play this game any more,i had enough years of this kind of thing so i just sit back now and enjoy the ride,every body has their time,it's a different time and a different Kenwyn.

Offline Trini

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: October 22, 2007, 11:11:47 AM »
I was thinking the same thing concerning Man U.

KJ finding himself now in the epl...against Man U a few weeks ago, he look ordinary.

The key will be how he perform vs them in the home game.

Alex Ferg is a man who have a thing for chasing hype players and players who do well against his team. On football sunday yesterday, no other games on the schedule and all eyes on that game, KJ really introduced himself to the rest of the Premiership big time.

Remind me of Vince Young the odda nite on Monday Night Football, vs the lesser mortals Reggie Bush and the Saints.

Lets hope he stays injury free and keep developing.

He was awesome yesterday. The key now is consistency.

Between Yorke and Keane, he could not have asked for better mentors.
« Last Edit: October 22, 2007, 11:13:34 AM by Trini »

Offline Ngozi

• Hero Warrior
  • Taking my life back! what da f**k you done lately?
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: October 22, 2007, 12:52:43 PM »
I doh think Kenwyn will beat yorke at his peak at his peak york had 29 goals and 23 assists.....have you any idea how ridiculous those stats are ........That go be too hard to pass specially with the bombsquad yorkie was with.

Offline saga pinto

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #45 on: October 22, 2007, 02:06:19 PM »
I doh think Kenwyn will beat yorke at his peak at his peak york had 29 goals and 23 assists.....have you any idea how ridiculous those stats are ........That go be too hard to pass specially with the bombsquad yorkie was with.

Agree to a point,but yuh have to equate the fact that field of players now, are far more talented than they were when yorkie played,so not to down play yorks scoring record of 29 goals but would you not agree a feat like that becomes harder in these times........... 

Offline dumpalewie

• Lewie
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: October 22, 2007, 03:31:35 PM »

Dumpalewie,excuse the borrow please, but

Hush yuh ass!
:rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:
No Problem!!
TnT Patriot

Offline Midknight

• Midknight
  • Hero Warrior
  • President of the Reality Check Commitee
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: October 22, 2007, 03:59:21 PM »

Okay I will take that as I should and retract what I said earlier,so as to be more patient in my analysis,because clearly people see something in the team that I'm not seeing,but maybe time will tell...........

sorry for being so harsh on you but ah didn't have the patience to write out everything that just cool just tell you.

No need to throw the whole team under the bus. It wrong in both sense of the word.

Have a little patience and watch the matches in a less biased manner.
Go Black if you want Jack to Track Back! I support all Soca Warriors - Red, White and Blacklisted.

D baddest SW compilation ever

Offline D.H.W

• Forever Man Utd
  • Hero Warrior
  • "Luck Favours The Prepared"
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: October 22, 2007, 04:48:24 PM »

BOSS I CANT REMEMBER WHO MENTION IT BEFORE BUT I WAS LSITENING WHEN THE COMMENTATOR AND THEM SAY CAN ANYONE ELSE PLAY!!!!!!!!!! THAT SUMS IT UP PRETTY WELL!!!!! FROM STRIKING TO THE DEFENCE THE MAN IS A BOSS!!!!!!!!. JONES GOING AND BE SUNDERLAND TOP SCORER THIS SEASON AND WATCH FEEL THEM BIG TIME MANAGERS AIN'T WATCHING HIS PERFORMANCES, I ASSURE YOU THEY TAKING NOTES AND HOW HE YOUNG THERE ONLY COULD GET BETTER. SIZE, SKILL, SPEED, SMART, MUST I GO ON !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

YOU REPRESENTING TRINI WELL BOSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! UNCLE PHILBERT MUST BE SO HAPPY!!!!!!!! WHEN I SEE HIM I WILL LAUD YOUR PRAISES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I IN TRINI FOR CHRISTMAS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I real laugh when I hear that. Sunderland has nothing without him.

u forget Carlos  ;D
"Evil is powerless if the good are unafraid."
Youtube Channel

Offline Ngozi

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: October 22, 2007, 06:13:50 PM »

Agree to a point,but yuh have to equate the fact that field of players now, are far more talented than they were when yorkie played,so not to down play yorks scoring record of 29 goals but would you not agree a feat like that becomes harder in these times........... 

Saga I goh have to disagree with yuh to a point but leh we just use the champion league as an example you remember the juventus side with zidane and davids and them fellas not to mention the barcelona side with rivaldo , figo and these fellas running riot and the inter side lol i mean Yorkie score against some real big guns ayah real big ones and i have to tell yuh i enjoy watching ball that year all helluva ah lot more than i enjoying what i seeing now...So interms of standard I really doh know of the standard right now was better than that year in fact I dare say it wasnt .....Plus that united side hard giggs keane scholes cole , bechkam and arsenal beat them with anelka running riot and bergamp in he prime....look at the semis with manu and aresenal of the fa cup saddist that year had one of the highest standards I've ever seen

Offline SUPA

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: October 22, 2007, 08:04:44 PM »
I'm not a coach, I just play and know de game. However, like Coach said we do have some very good points on dis thread, but I will say again, if de taking on of defenders is not what Keane want, we will post here until 2010 and will not see that, cuz KJ have tuh do exactly what his boss and employer want him tuh do, not what he or de forum think he should do. In dat case, we may never see dat dribbling skills while he is at Sunderland. Remember, dat is a job KJ have and he is employed with a boss, just like most of us, so he have tuh follow rules and regulations, just like us. Wid dat said, it is obvious wid de loan striker (KJ) up front, there will always be a plan for x amount of players, tuh suppport KJ when he receive the ball in de 18 or around de 18, so there is no need for dribbling. Wid dis height and power, tuh me he just have tuh use dat power and tuh get some space from his maker, there is no need for fancy foot work.

By using his power and getting some space from his maker, he cud either use his speed (if there is no support) and race tuh goal and shoot or lay off, if help show up, or he could shoot directly tuh goal after getting de space from his marker. Like a member said, a Drogba style will still get him into a very big club, making big money. De main thing is tuh score goals, and have some assist, he money will be in de bank may be by January transfer window or next summer. As Trinbagonians we love we lil fancy foot work, there is nothing sweeter dan tuh see Latapy and Dinho cap or drag ah man, but really and trully, there are other ways tuh be world class. For example, Ronaldo and Van Nistelroy they are both world class strikers, Ronaldo will entertain us wid his speed and dribbling, and then put one in de old onion bag, but Van is just a plain and simple, a deadly finisher, no fancy foot work, he just does put dem in de onion bag. HIGHLY BLESSED.
« Last Edit: October 22, 2007, 08:33:05 PM by SUPA »
RIP Micahel Jackson.

Money doh change we, we are de money changer. But fool if yuh dis, it will surely be danger. Large up de Enterprise and Alliance every time. KROSS KROSS.

Offline StoreBayLimer

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: October 22, 2007, 11:52:21 PM »

Jones was sensational.

Offline Trinitim

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: October 23, 2007, 12:31:04 AM »

By the way another DEEP SOUTH PRODUCT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! OH AND FOR GENERAL INFORMATION HE FROM SOBO VILLAGE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

THAT IS SOBO VILLAGE LA BREA. NOT POINT FORTIN AS I HAVE SEEN INCORRECTLY POSTED ON SOME WEBSITES. THAT IS SOBO VILLAGE LA BREA ABOUT 10 MINS DRIVE FROM WHERE I LIVE AND PHILBERT JONES FROM SOBO AS WELL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Offline Johpants

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: October 23, 2007, 09:27:00 AM »
Ah now understand the boy's complexion - he from La Brea!

Offline Trinitim

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: October 23, 2007, 11:52:56 AM »
 JOHPANTS you FULL OF SHIT. LOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! DON'T GET TIE UP I FROM LA BREA AND I IS A RED MAN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!. LOL!!!!!!!!!!!. YES SOME PEOPLE HAVE DARK COMPLEXION BUT YOU CAN'T BAND EVERYBODY TOGETHER BEACAUSE THERE ARE EXCEPTIONS OF WHICH I AM ONE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Offline grskywalker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: October 23, 2007, 06:53:27 PM »
My two forwards   Cornell Glenn and KJ  and half my midfield Carlos and Memum

Finally someone who agrees with me! 

:applause: :applause: :applause:

I would love to see this combo the next  time we could get an international game during the next  break

Offline Pasdah Beatz

• Spiritual Seal
  • Hero Warrior
  • I was born to die as a SoCa WaRrIoR
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: October 23, 2007, 06:57:28 PM »
De post was for one word but de man so bad an meking all ah we proud that one word not enough

My one word
REAL-BAD

Offline Ngozi

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: October 24, 2007, 10:22:17 AM »

By the way another DEEP SOUTH PRODUCT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! OH AND FOR GENERAL INFORMATION HE FROM SOBO VILLAGE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

THAT IS SOBO VILLAGE LA BREA. NOT POINT FORTIN AS I HAVE SEEN INCORRECTLY POSTED ON SOME WEBSITES. THAT IS SOBO VILLAGE LA BREA ABOUT 10 MINS DRIVE FROM WHERE I LIVE AND PHILBERT JONES FROM SOBO AS WELL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Philbert Jones is he Uncle....!

Offline Trinitim

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: October 24, 2007, 03:06:25 PM »

YEAH MAN!!!!!!!! PHILBERT IS HE UNCLE!!!!!!!!!!!!

Offline Cartman

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
Kenwynne Superman Jones
« Reply #59 on: April 26, 2008, 11:33:53 AM »
Guys, the big fella was immense today. It was a superb performance from Kenwynne who gave us 100% for the whole game, he is so committed to the cause he shed blood, sweat and tears.

He took a really bad knock to the head in the 2nd half and it looked really bad as both physios came running on and a medic from pitchside. I thought he had swallowed his tongue as he did not seem to move for about 5 minutes but thankfully he got up, he had his wound bandaged and ran at full speed from behind the away goal to the half way line so he could come back on.

People questioned his attitude when he was at Southampton but he was like Rambo out there today, he was battered by Wheater all day but just came back stronger. The whole ground were stood up singing his name at one point, it was a beautiful moment.

Now we safe from relegation Keane can hopefully get a top quality striker to play alongside him, according to the press Keane has said he wants to spend somewhere between £50m and £70m on players.

I am so relaxed tonight, it is fantastic to be in the EPL next seaon again and we still have 2 game left
 :beermug: :beermug:

Roy Keane's Red & White Army

1]; } ?>