April 24, 2024, 09:47:56 AM

Poll

Will a Premiership side save Kenwyne when Cardiff get relegated?

Yes
6 (18.8%)
No
26 (81.3%)

Total Members Voted: 31

Author Topic: Kenwyne Jones Thread  (Read 247020 times)

giggsy11

Re: Kenwyne jones.
« Reply #210 on: February 07, 2011, 08:25:19 AM »
Dude is a loofer! During the match on Saturday Stokes had a break and instead of bussin a gut to be a target in the area for a cross or pass, dude was joggin forward like he didn't want to receive the ball for a play. Seen he do that a few times which is why I was surprise when I read that he was considered one of the fastest in the league. When did he ever turn the burners on to be considered one of the fastest? I think sometimes he doesn't put him self in positions to receive the ball because he may not want the responsibility of having to make a play with the ball. Players find ways to hide on the feild when they don't want to receive the ball in positive areas.

Offline maxg

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #211 on: February 07, 2011, 08:34:37 AM »
I will say this for the last time..and this is not just in my opinion...The average fan, has no idea what any knee or any joint injury does to the performance of any type of elite athlete, especially if that athlete is expected to perform at the top levels of his sport....Your capacity to train diminishes greatly, and so your capacity to achieve. If you try too hard at either, you hurt and cannot perform at all..i.e. not somebody hurt you, which everyone see game day, you hurt yourself..A totally healthy individual, even if he was the best soccer player in the world, can hurt themselves with overtraining, many stars have been diminished, if not extinguished with way less, but FANS want to see a man from a career ending injury running, who wasn't even near those levels of accomplishment, running like he want to be the next pele... Hard for fans to get real, as far as their own personal favs and teams are concerned, but real students of sport, should know better...ref: Stern John, Ronaldo... Could write more, but i will be repeating myself, and delving into hypotheticals..
My opinion now, I just happy he could even have a job, and possibly gain some experience that we may be able to tap, when or if, we could get him back to Trinidad...
Fans could say what they want, they paying for that...carry on

Offline Touches

• Hero Warrior
  • Trow wine on she...
    • View Profile
« Reply #212 on: February 07, 2011, 08:53:12 AM »
Me ent know but I watch the Sunderland game and I find he was looking good.

He was trapping cleaner, held up the ball well and won every header in the air.

I find Kenwyne improving.

All he have to do is score a goal or two and all will be well.

A for apple, B for Bat, C for yuhself!

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #213 on: February 07, 2011, 09:07:10 AM »
Jones is just not a prolific goal scorer at that level.I'm not trying to denigrate him. He's probably good enough to get 10 goals a season or 20 in a lower division. In national colours he's never distinguished himself as a goalscorer either. Maybe he's not a striker.

IZ NOT AND WILL NEVA B A STRIKER. As 4 not caring bout we y should he. Is his mind he doin his best and we eh blieve him. So y go through hoops 2 satisfy us. People will neva b satisfied do what u have 2 do.
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline Ngozi

• Hero Warrior
  • Taking my life back! what da f**k you done lately?
    • View Profile
« Reply #214 on: February 07, 2011, 09:51:14 AM »
Jones is just not a prolific goal scorer at that level.I'm not trying to denigrate him. He's probably good enough to get 10 goals a season or 20 in a lower division. In national colours he's never distinguished himself as a goalscorer either. Maybe he's not a striker.

IZ NOT AND WILL NEVA B A STRIKER. As 4 not caring bout we y should he. Is his mind he doin his best and we eh blieve him. So y go through hoops 2 satisfy us. People will neva b satisfied do what u have 2 do.

All we asking of him is to do what he have to do ... and he aint!

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #215 on: February 07, 2011, 10:03:08 AM »

All we asking of him is to do what he have to do ... and he aint!

In his mind he doin he best is just that u eh blieve iz he best. All I know KJ get injured in dat fete match v England in May and in Nov he come bck 2 play 4 we dat is some level of loyalty. He did not have 2 return in dat came. So we may not b happy wit his output but 2 say dem fellas eh care  me eh blieve dat. We use 2 say d same ting bout DY.
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #216 on: February 07, 2011, 10:07:58 AM »
Yuh notice the grinin smiley thingy @ the end of the statement? that signifies that i'm puttin ah lil humor in the thing, i know yuhs ah lawyer bro, and i guess it's the reason for being up late, i figur that much. 

just humoring friend.

Nah I know yuh not on anything... I was probably too tired and distracted to put smileys.

As for Kenwyn... I only saw the last 25 mins of the Sunderland game, but I thought he fought well.  I still think he doesn't work as hard as he should... and what really makes it glaring is that a high work rate is a necessity in the English game, so when everyone else around you in the frame running and you jogging it magnifies the (lack of) effort.  Now I'm not advocating running for the hell of it, or even for show, but you already know the stereotype that's out there about Caribbean ballers... a little more effort would go a long way.  Take Fuller for instance, say what you want about him but even if he have to give a dotish foul every now and then Fuller will ride your ass if you come anywhere close with the ball at your feet.

Anyways, whether he gives a shit about us or not I still wish the fella well.

bout Firebrand's quote..yes Kenwyne did say that bout SW.net & WN
had bout a 10 of us or so at the hotel after the Nashville game

so as someone say why even bother bout him if thats his attitude

Oh it was Firebrand who said it?  My bad (apologies to Dreamer)... really disappointing to hear.
« Last Edit: February 07, 2011, 10:11:25 AM by Bakes »

Offline FireBrand

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #217 on: February 07, 2011, 10:18:04 AM »
JC (and Bakes) I was the one who posted the comment Jones made regarding SW.net/WN, and as Feliz stated there were about 10 forumites present that heard him... including Tallman. About six months prior to that encounter with Jones I sent him three emails requesting an interview for the fans on the Website, but all those emails went unanswered. When I met up with him in Nashville and asked him about the interview and my emails, that is when he voiced his displeasure (with an expression of disgust) for the Club/Websites.  

Now any T&T footballer who we have interviewed or corresponded with (including yuh boy Darryl Roberts ;D) could attest that our interaction with them is always professional, so it was kind of a shock to me and the forumites present that he responded in such a manner. I don't know Kenwyne personally or have anything against him (apart from the frustration we all feel in watching him play), but my honest impression of him that night was that of an arrogant footballer who did not give a crap about the fans.  If yuh still eh choose to believe that then that's yuh prerogative bro...I could only call it as I saw it.
« Last Edit: February 07, 2011, 08:20:38 PM by FireBrand »
Warrior Nation Member At Large

Offline Ngozi

• Hero Warrior
  • Taking my life back! what da f**k you done lately?
    • View Profile
« Reply #218 on: February 07, 2011, 10:25:00 AM »
Yuh notice the grinin smiley thingy @ the end of the statement? that signifies that i'm puttin ah lil humor in the thing, i know yuhs ah lawyer bro, and i guess it's the reason for being up late, i figur that much. 

just humoring friend.

Nah I know yuh not on anything... I was probably too tired and distracted to put smileys.

As for Kenwyn... I only saw the last 25 mins of the Sunderland game, but I thought he fought well.  I still think he doesn't work as hard as he should... and what really makes it glaring is that a high work rate is a necessity in the English game, so when everyone else around you in the frame running and you jogging it magnifies the (lack of) effort.  Now I'm not advocating running for the hell of it, or even for show, but you already know the stereotype that's out there about Caribbean ballers... a little more effort would go a long way.  Take Fuller for instance, say what you want about him but even if he have to give a dotish foul every now and then Fuller will ride your ass if you come anywhere close with the ball at your feet.

Anyways, whether he gives a shit about us or not I still wish the fella well.

Oh it was Firebrand who said it?  My bad (apologies to Dreamer)... really disappointing to hear.

Hammer on the head!

Offline Coop's

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #219 on: February 07, 2011, 10:27:11 AM »
I've always said KJ is his own worst enemy,what ever he is going through or what ever he has become is only himself he has to blame,may be he was a boy when he left here but he has grown,i see peeps blaming TTFF etc for his demise or what ever you all want to call it,if there is anybody to point fingers at it must be us because we are the ones who put him on top there,compared him with Drogba,Rooney etc so what he reach,now what?KJ has been slipping for the longest while and peeps keep making excuses for him.
I know how all of us feel about KJ and wishes him nothing more than success but is only so much we can do,it's a big load to carry when club and country depends on you and then have to deal with every day life,a lot of us are speculating we don't know what's going on with the guy so don't jump to conclusions,putting him down will not help.PS...i myself don't know.    

Offline maxg

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #220 on: February 07, 2011, 11:18:06 AM »
JC (and Bakes) I was the one who posted the comment Jones made regarding SW.net/WN, and as Feliz stated there were about 10 forumites present that heard him... including Tallman. About six months prior to that encounter with Jones I sent him three emails requesting an interview for the fans on the Website, but all those emails went unanswered. When I met up with him in Nashville and asked him about the interview and my emails, that is when he voiced his displeasure (with an expression of disgust) for the Club/Websites.  

Now any T&T footballer who we have interviewed or corresponded with (including yuh boy Darryl Roberts ;D) could attest that our interaction with them is always professional, so it was kind of a shock to me and the forumites present that he responded in such a manner. I don't know Kenwyne personally or have anything against him (apart from the frustration we all feel in watching him play), but my honest impression of him that night was that of a arrogant footballer who did not give a crap about the fans.  If yuh still eh choose to believe that then that's yuh prerogative bro...I could only call it as I saw it.
:rotfl: :rotfl: Like I care if KJ, Rooney, or Messi is ah fan of the site or not...I just supporting they football, KJ because he is trini, not because he's ah Messi, and I iz really ah real fan ah allyuh...with all dem millions, I go quicker and preferably exchange brews with practically anyone who does post here, even the one's i disagree with...I backin KJ, buh like allyuh an penty ting TT - not all tings TT, me not shame to say...KJ an friends and others (dem) could back and like who they want... ;D

Offline Coach

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #221 on: February 07, 2011, 11:46:56 AM »
If KJ plays with a better team, one that will create better quality scoring chances for strikers you will probably see him bang in more goals.

KJ has some good qualities as a striker, but if he is not given quality balls regularly during a game it will be hard for him to increase his scoring rate.

His one weakness as a striker is to dribble past a defender in a 1v1 situation, if he can add a "step-over" move to his game he will be way more effective and will score more goals since he got the pace, but this has a better chance of reality if he plays with a good team that can open up this space for him to run at defenders.

Offline kicker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #222 on: February 07, 2011, 12:38:43 PM »
Me ent know but I watch the Sunderland game and I find he was looking good.

He was trapping cleaner, held up the ball well and won every header in the air.

I find Kenwyne improving.

All he have to do is score a goal or two and all will be well.

I agree with this.  This season his ball playing qualities have improved.  He's not a lethal striker- never was.  He's the "big man" up top, and to me he does his job well. 
Live life 90 minutes at a time....Football is life.......

Offline FireBrand

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #223 on: February 07, 2011, 12:55:00 PM »

Now any T&T footballer who we have interviewed or corresponded with (including yuh boy Darryl Roberts ;D) could attest that our interaction with them is always professional, so it was kind of a shock to me and the forumites present that he responded in such a manner. I don't know Kenwyne personally or have anything against him (apart from the frustration we all feel in watching him play), but my honest impression of him that night was that of a arrogant footballer who did not give a crap about the fans.  If yuh still eh choose to believe that then that's yuh prerogative bro...I could only call it as I saw it.
:rotfl: :rotfl: Like I care if KJ, Rooney, or Messi is ah fan of the site or not...I just supporting they football, KJ because he is trini, not because he's ah Messi, and I iz really ah real fan ah allyuh...with all dem millions, I go quicker and preferably exchange brews with practically anyone who does post here, even the one's i disagree with...I backin KJ, buh like allyuh an penty ting TT - not all tings TT, me not shame to say...KJ an friends and others (dem) could back and like who they want... ;D

Excuse me if I did not respond accordingly (because I honestly did not get the majority of what yuh type)...but what scene u on breds? You see me type anything about wanting Jones to be a fan of the Site?  All I did was ask the man for an interview and he said he wanted nothing to do with us. And if yuh check my initial post in the latest Trinis in Action thread you would see that it was posted in response to Just Cool's post where he was hoping Jones would be reading his message. Like yuh say (or ah think yuh say),  KJ could back and like who he wants and I certainly was not arguing otherwise. Now on to other things.

Offline maxg

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #224 on: February 07, 2011, 01:53:45 PM »

Excuse me if I did not respond accordingly (because I honestly did not get the majority of what yuh type)...but what scene u on breds? You see me type anything about wanting Jones to be a fan of the Site?  All I did was ask the man for an interview and he said he wanted nothing to do with us. And if yuh check my initial post in the latest Trinis in Action thread you would see that it was posted in response to Just Cool's post where he was hoping Jones would be reading his message. Like yuh say (or ah think yuh say),  KJ could back and like who he wants and I certainly was not arguing otherwise. Now on to other things.
Don't feel no how, sometimes I don't even understan myself..The comment wasn't directed at you or anybody else for that matter, it was a comment, maybe non-sensical, maybe unnecessary, but a personal one.. It is not a criticism of what I do think is a commendable attempt by you to get an interview for this site.. If KJ refuse, that's his loss/business. Please don't be offended..I only quoted you as the reference of which I commented, not a critique of what you wrote, That's the scene I'm usually on.... no need to be defensive or even offensive, I keep think ppl woul know me (and my nonsense, bad-type, and 'in my head' post by now...even, if I don't add lottsa commas and full stops  :-[

add, I get my mistake now...Firebrand, you thought I was being sarcastic..I was not....I do like ppl here - the allyuh - no sarcasm...that's why I keep returning, and I will exchange drinks with most everyone here, no sarcasm...I wasn't referning to allyuh as a seperation of you as seprate from me, but more as a allyuh as is in me being a part of the we...shim, there ah go confuffling mehself and everybody else again...best ah doh say nuttin...ok sorry :-[  :-[  musbe the damn drugs ah on  >:(
« Last Edit: February 07, 2011, 02:45:18 PM by maxg »

Offline FireBrand

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #225 on: February 07, 2011, 02:54:42 PM »

Don't feel no how, sometimes I don't even understan myself..The comment wasn't directed at you or anybody else for that matter, it was a comment, maybe non-sensical, maybe unnecessary, but a personal one.. It is not a criticism of what I do think is a commendable attempt by you to get an interview for this site.. If KJ refuse, that's his loss/business. Please don't be offended..I only quoted you as the reference of which I commented, not a critique of what you wrote, That's the scene I'm usually on.... no need to be defensive or even offensive, I keep think ppl woul know me (and my nonsense, bad-type, and 'in my head' post by now...even, if I don't add lottsa commas and full stops  :-[

add, I get my mistake now...Firebrand, you thought I was being sarcastic..I was not....I do like ppl here - the allyuh - no sarcasm...that's why I keep returning, and I will exchange drinks with most everyone here, no sarcasm...I wasn't referning to allyuh as a seperation of you as seprate from me, but more as a allyuh as is in me being a part of the we...shim, there ah go confuffling mehself and everybody else again...best ah doh say nuttin...ok sorry :-[  :-[  musbe the damn drugs ah on  >:(

Cool breds, thanks for clarifying...  Doh study it tho...is all good  :beermug:
« Last Edit: February 07, 2011, 03:00:22 PM by FireBrand »

Offline scooby

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #226 on: February 07, 2011, 06:32:37 PM »
All i have to say is there is no replacement for skill and KJ is very very limited in the skill department his positional play is not good he needs to read the game more, his ball control is non exsistant

Offline just cool

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #227 on: February 07, 2011, 08:03:30 PM »
Well boy firebrand, this is news to me. i thought it was word of mouth, but now that i know it really happened and there were credible witnesses to corroborate that incident, i have to say i'm totally disappointed and turned off by this behavior.

these ball players eh givin us zilch but entertainment and nothing more, considering what we give them, the least they could do in return is give ah little devotion to the game, that's all the fans want, that and a little respect and consideration in return since is us who afforded them that lavish life style for just being able to kick ah forkin ball!

without us there's no game, it's BC of us the fans that there's gate receipts, TV broad cast rights, cooperate sponsorship, sporting goods revenue, and like i said before "the least they could do is respect us!".

it's not like they're absolute necessities to the society like cops, firefighters, pilots, engineers, medical doctors, nurses, research scientist and teachers just to name a few, hek, even cooks and garbage men serve ah greater purpose than ah sportsman. in reality they are just entertainment and nothing more, things we definitely don't need in times of crisis.

i love the fact that i could support a team and enjoy the sweet science of the game, including player proficiency and coaching tactics @ work, that's what we the fans live for. tuh sign an autograph, shake ah hand , smile wid ah fan, or even listen to ah fella even though it might be annoying, don't take away a lot from you and it certainly don't take a world of effort either IMO, and for KJ tuh come out his face like that is ah huge kick in the teeth and real disrespectful @ the same time.

i heard ah similar situation with bravo/ stern and a fan where he went on rude and c@ntish. this is why i doh ramp wid celebs, when i see them out in public i doh say shyte to them unless they look my way, BC i swear, if ah boy come out he face wid me i will certainly forget what they do and deal wid them as any other MDFKR.

real disappointed with KJ though, real disappointed Bc it was uncalled for and real unnecessary.  :shameonyou:
« Last Edit: February 07, 2011, 08:10:02 PM by just cool »
The pen is mightier than the sword, Africa for Africans home and abroad.Trinidad is not my home just a pit stop, Africa is my destination,final destination the MOST HIGH.

Offline Big Magician

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #228 on: February 07, 2011, 09:11:56 PM »
yuh know someting.. i does usually stay outa dis kinda ting...but check this

all this talk about KJ and dis and dat etc

lets rewind the clock a bit...KJ was NEVER a much talked about kid in tnt here....we had no kinda " yuh ever see that young boy called KJ etc"..not at st anthonys..not at W Connection.. and TnT youth WC team...nothing... unless allyuh could pull up posts from around that time and put it here...
when he got signed to Southampton... it barely raised an eyebrow... then he went on loan to Stoke (??)..and they try him as a striker...he score some...and then we start to jump up..big striker da da da...

but just before that...he did make us notice a bit when he played the right side for Tnt in a 3-5-2 under bertill..and we saw the kid is an "ATHLETE"...,, not a silky football "player"...
now is bout he first touch...he dribbling skill da da da...

and is true not much was know about marvin andrews...and he became a legend in scotland ..and tnt in my mind... also Colin samuel...and one or two others..
but KJ in the EPL..most viewed League...and we can sit all day and discuss the kid...but...for me... i accept the man is an ATHLETE... strong.. do what he can do...
for instance..when TnT playing... i dont get all worked up to see KJ... and i will be honest...me eh picking him to start...
thats maybe just my take on it...but really...think back a bit...and having said that...the so called "stars' from that WC team..Forbes...Blackman ( we know what happend)...and others...they not in the EPL.. not even the PFL

so there it goes... KJ... play yuh fitball... OR you could come home and let some of these forum members teach you to trap and take on defenders...
Little Magician is King.......ask Jorge Campos

Offline supporter

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #229 on: February 07, 2011, 09:12:52 PM »
I hear you jc...he was awful vs sunderland Saturday, and he's a player who runs less than any player in the prem
Disappointing.

Good pt big mag
Hart for president

Offline maxg

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #230 on: February 07, 2011, 11:09:06 PM »

lets rewind the clock a bit...KJ was NEVER a much talked about kid in tnt here....we had no kinda " yuh ever see that young boy called KJ etc"..not at st anthonys..not at W Connection.. and TnT youth WC team...nothing... unless allyuh could pull up posts from around that time and put it here...
when he got signed to Southampton... it barely raised an eyebrow... then he went on loan to Stoke (??)..and they try him as a striker...he score some...and then we start to jump up..big striker da da da...

but just before that...he did make us notice a bit when he played the right side for Tnt in a 3-5-2 under bertill..and we saw the kid is an "ATHLETE"...,, not a silky football "player"...

and is true not much was know about marvin andrews...and he became a legend in scotland ..and tnt in my mind... also Colin samuel...and one or two others..
but KJ in the EPL..most viewed League...and we can sit all day and discuss the kid...but...for me... i accept the man is an ATHLETE... strong.. do what he can do...
for instance..when TnT playing... i dont get all worked up to see KJ... and i will be honest...me eh picking him to start...
thats maybe just my take on it...but really...think back a bit...and having said that...the so called "stars' from that WC team..Forbes...Blackman ( we know what happend)...and others...they not in the EPL.. not even the PFL

so there it goes... KJ... play yuh fitball... OR you could come home and let some of these forum members teach you to trap and take on defenders...

we need ah *bounce* smiley..take ah *bounce* still

add: I was one of the few wondering why we didn't pick him for the senior team as a right half...an wonder how dem English coach know more than mighty me, by putting him center forward ...and then ah say whey dem english coached team does place, and how dey does have to thief we to beat we, and unnerstan why they make that mistake...besides they didn't want the best center forard we could give dem..I say, well let the boy play, yes...but much as ah behind him, he still won't play striker for my TT team either
« Last Edit: February 07, 2011, 11:15:19 PM by maxg »

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #231 on: February 07, 2011, 11:13:01 PM »

we need ah *bounce* smiley..take ah *bounce* still

In d meantime  go CO-SIGNNNNNNNNNNNNNN

Offline soccerman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #232 on: February 07, 2011, 11:21:17 PM »

He said that??? I was there in Nashville in the hotel talking to players an all. I didn't see KJ until afterwards in the party. I also noticed nuff supporters buys him drinks, taking pictures with him, embracing him, heck he even wine up on most of de female supporters that came through and that's how he treating us fans???

KJ if you reading this, doh study it. We want the best for you and you're the man in the spotlight who represents our country on one of the highest level. Doh let the critcism go tuh yuh head cuz at de end of the dey yuh have we full support!!!

Offline just cool

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #233 on: February 08, 2011, 12:02:51 AM »
What criticism ? this thread was created tuh shine some light on the bredder's performance of late, or lack thereof. i only bother BC KJ is one of my favorite players and know that he's capable of stellar performances, unlike the ones he's been putting down recently.

i always defend the bredder when ppl got on his case, even when i read the sunderland's supporters negative comments, or the stoke fans and their unsavory comments , it hurts just like if KJ was ah relative of mine, and ah sure nuff members could share that very said sentiment as well.

for ppl tuh stay here and act like i'm doggin the bredder is just absurd. i just want to see KJ live up to his full potential, i also want the same for hyland , roberts, primus peltier, matter of fact, all the bredders who don the colors.

whether we accept it or not, them boy is ambassadors and when they fack up ppl tend to look @ where they're from as oppose to their individuality. like in said manner when they say "all" caribbean players are laid back.

i wish kenwyne nothing but good luck and good fortune in his football career and in his personal life, but @ the same token, i will not stop here and pretend that i'm pleased with the way he's been playing when i know the dude is capable of much better.

in doin so he's fackin up his stocks, and knowing the english fans and football fraternity and how fickle they could be, pretty soon the word would be out on him, " this guy is too laid back and has no work ethic", then more than likely , no decent manager would take a chance on him.

but since allyuh love him more than me and want tuh pamper him and not counsel the yute on his obvious mistakes. kenwyne the higher ups has spoken, what more can i say. play yuh fitball son.
The pen is mightier than the sword, Africa for Africans home and abroad.Trinidad is not my home just a pit stop, Africa is my destination,final destination the MOST HIGH.

Offline kev

• Hero Warrior
  • Lifes a bitch, then you marry one
    • View Profile
« Reply #234 on: February 08, 2011, 01:52:25 AM »
If KJ plays with a better team, one that will create better quality scoring chances for strikers you will probably see him bang in more goals.

KJ has some good qualities as a striker, but if he is not given quality balls regularly during a game it will be hard for him to increase his scoring rate.

His one weakness as a striker is to dribble past a defender in a 1v1 situation, if he can add a "step-over" move to his game he will be way more effective and will score more goals since he got the pace, but this has a better chance of reality if he plays with a good team that can open up this space for him to run at defenders.

I've been through this debate on here a long time ago, this view is just too simplistic and wouldn't result in him scoring more, well it might  due to the bigs team superiority but wouldn't be enough to justify his place in such a team.

Kenwyne is a big strong athlete, but lacks a few things as a striker that I would of thought should of improved by now but haven't. 

If you are in a better team that creates more chances, these chances are created by quick passing and movement usually with good control.  To make use of the chances that come you way in a team like this you have to anticipate and be in the right place to put the ball in, this is one of Kenwyne's weakess points, he simply wouldn't be there when the chance presented itself. 

His control is inconsistant, sometimes good sometimes he can't trap a bag of cement, again far too inconsistant for a top team.

His shooting is the same as his control and if you watched him often enough I doubt there is anybody on here that would feel confident about him scoring when one on one with a keeper, he lacks composure in front of goal.

He was bought by Stoke for what he is, he is in a team that will present him with a lot of chances that he is better suited to converting, by high balls into a packed penalty area.

Kenwyne is what he is, I doubt he will ever be what he could be.   

Offline maxg

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #235 on: February 08, 2011, 07:12:28 AM »

I've been through this debate on here a long time ago, this view is just too simplistic and wouldn't result in him scoring more, well it might  due to the bigs team superiority but wouldn't be enough to justify his place in such a team.

Kenwyne is a big strong athlete, but lacks a few things as a striker that I would of thought should of improved by now but haven't. 

If you are in a better team that creates more chances, these chances are created by quick passing and movement usually with good control.  To make use of the chances that come you way in a team like this you have to anticipate and be in the right place to put the ball in, this is one of Kenwyne's weakess points, he simply wouldn't be there when the chance presented itself.  His control is inconsistant, sometimes good sometimes he can't trap a bag of cement, again far too inconsistant for a top team.

His shooting is the same as his control and if you watched him often enough I doubt there is anybody on here that would feel confident about him scoring when one on one with a keeper, he lacks composure in front of goal.

He was bought by Stoke for what he is, he is in a team that will present him with a lot of chances that he is better suited to converting, by high balls into a packed penalty area.

Kenwyne is what he is, I doubt he will ever be what he could be.   

But on the trading block went Stern John..like one's not supposed to have to different players on the same team....isn't that why form a team....never cease to amaze me how some managers want to have their cake & eat it too...well, I guess we will never know...don't worry, the TT manager did the same mistake, and he was our greatest, to many..

Offline rotatopoti3

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #236 on: February 08, 2011, 07:20:52 AM »
His control is inconsistant, sometimes good sometimes he can't trap a bag of cement, again far too inconsistant for a top team.

How dear u.....mate if this is your attempt of a Euphemism then I would say u nailed it on the head...... ;D....  I especially like the statement in Bold.....
Ah say it, how ah see it

Offline soccerman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #237 on: February 08, 2011, 10:52:50 AM »
What criticism ? this thread was created tuh shine some light on the bredder's performance of late, or lack thereof. i only bother BC KJ is one of my favorite players and know that he's capable of stellar performances, unlike the ones he's been putting down recently.

i always defend the bredder when ppl got on his case, even when i read the sunderland's supporters negative comments, or the stoke fans and their unsavory comments , it hurts just like if KJ was ah relative of mine, and ah sure nuff members could share that very said sentiment as well.

for ppl tuh stay here and act like i'm doggin the bredder is just absurd. i just want to see KJ live up to his full potential, i also want the same for hyland , roberts, primus peltier, matter of fact, all the bredders who don the colors.

whether we accept it or not, them boy is ambassadors and when they fack up ppl tend to look @ where they're from as oppose to their individuality. like in said manner when they say "all" caribbean players are laid back.

i wish kenwyne nothing but good luck and good fortune in his football career and in his personal life, but @ the same token, i will not stop here and pretend that i'm pleased with the way he's been playing when i know the dude is capable of much better.

in doin so he's fackin up his stocks, and knowing the english fans and football fraternity and how fickle they could be, pretty soon the word would be out on him, " this guy is too laid back and has no work ethic", then more than likely , no decent manager would take a chance on him.

but since allyuh love him more than me and want tuh pamper him and not counsel the yute on his obvious mistakes. kenwyne the higher ups has spoken, what more can i say. play yuh fitball son.

JC I'm not speaking about the criticism on this thread and I'm not pampering him either. Lot's of times I've read people on this site call him a goat, shit snake, he cyar pass, trap, etc., etc. and I believe it's because they know he's not playing to his full potential which fraustrates us at times. At the end of the day we want to see him succeed!! I don't know the brother but I believe as a player if he read all the things people wrote about him on this site, it could've upset him and that could be the reason he said he wants nothing to do with this forum.
So just like you I want all the best for him and all of our players abroad and locally. So all I'm saying is when we do counsel him on his obvious mistakes, not to take it personally :beermug:

Offline kev

• Hero Warrior
  • Lifes a bitch, then you marry one
    • View Profile
« Reply #238 on: February 09, 2011, 04:15:26 AM »

How dear u.....mate if this is your attempt of a Euphemism then I would say u nailed it on the head...... ;D....  I especially like the statement in Bold.....

Its very old and well used by fans in England, just like me old the ones are best ;)

Offline andre samuel

• Hero Warrior
  • "ah love it!!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #239 on: February 09, 2011, 07:11:38 AM »
The fact is, Kenwyne simply lacks consistancy!!

He is not good enough for a top level team since his lack of "off the ball movement", "clinical finishing" and "close control" will be further exposed!

Big Mag's post is an excellent one.

Stoke City will not improve kenwyne's game because they simply play to his strengths.  He is probably in the top 3 in the league in the air and that may be all Stoke City wants from him.

He gets the most attention at corners and free kicks and this probably frees up more players like Huth, Shawcross and Carew to get goal scoring opportunities.

Kenwyne is a friendly lad, and is open to give photos and small interviews to fans.  However, he does not handle criticism well (and sometimes we could be dread on this site).

I remember Carlos Edwards once telling me that he reads the site now and then, but one time he was reading and he just had to stop cause "allyuh does mash ppl up"

All in all, Kenwyne is in good hands w.r.t. his strengths so he cool for de hour.

GOOD LUCK TO HIM
Andre Samuel, who controls all the rights to the phrase "ah love it!!"

1]; } ?>