April 18, 2024, 04:40:25 PM

Poll

Will a Premiership side save Kenwyne when Cardiff get relegated?

Yes
6 (18.8%)
No
26 (81.3%)

Total Members Voted: 31

Author Topic: Kenwyne Jones Thread  (Read 246412 times)

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Kenwyne jones.
« Reply #240 on: February 09, 2011, 08:15:52 AM »
Kenwyne is a friendly lad, and is open to give photos and small interviews to fans.  However, he does not handle criticism well (and sometimes we could be dread on this site).

I remember Carlos Edwards once telling me that he reads the site now and then, but one time he was reading and he just had to stop cause "allyuh does mash ppl up"

Ah wonder if dey does read dey own club supporters forums
The Conquering Lion of Judah shall break every chain.

Offline Brownsugar

• Hero Warrior
  • Soca in mih veins, Soca in mih blood!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #241 on: February 09, 2011, 08:18:02 AM »
Kenwyne is a friendly lad, and is open to give photos and small interviews to fans.  However, he does not handle criticism well (and sometimes we could be dread on this site).

I remember Carlos Edwards once telling me that he reads the site now and then, but one time he was reading and he just had to stop cause "allyuh does mash ppl up"

Well Tallman boy yuh take de words right off mih keyboard......it have more dread fans in the footballing world dan English fans??!!......steups!!.....
"...If yuh clothes tear up
Or yuh shoes burst off,
You could still jump up when music play.
Old lady, young baby, everybody could dingolay...
Dingolay, ay, ay, ay ay,
Dingolay ay, ay, ay..."

RIP Shadow....The legend will live on in music...

Offline Dutty

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #242 on: February 09, 2011, 10:15:34 AM »

Well Tallman boy yuh take de words right off mih keyboard......it have more dread fans in the footballing world dan English fans??!!......steups!!.....

To play devils advocate...I suspect the criticism might 'sting' a lil more comming from your own people
Dem fellahs know de brits  does be psycho on de football vibes....so dey does probably shrug off comments by clearly mental people....but to read scathing comments bout 'cyah trap' & 'lazy' etc etc on the one lil T&T site it have............?

if I was jones, I woulda say f**k away wit sw.net same way oui..den ah woulda jump in mih bentley and blaze dong de m1 spillin polorie sauce on de seats
Little known fact: The online transportation medium called Uber was pioneered in Trinidad & Tobago in the 1960's. It was originally called pullin bull.

Offline elan

• Go On ......Get In There!!!!!!!!
  • Hero Warrior
  • WaRRioR fOr LiFe!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #243 on: February 09, 2011, 10:27:38 AM »

To play devils advocate...I suspect the criticism might 'sting' a lil more comming from your own people
Dem fellahs know de brits  does be psycho on de football vibes....so dey does probably shrug off comments by clearly mental people....but to read scathing comments bout 'cyah trap' & 'lazy' etc etc on the one lil T&T site it have............?

if I was jones, I woulda say f**k away wit sw.net same way oui..den ah woulda jump in mih bentley and blaze dong de m1 spillin polorie sauce on de seats

Big men is big men.
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4</a>

Offline College

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Kenwyne Jones Thread
« Reply #244 on: February 09, 2011, 11:52:41 AM »
If KJ plays with a better team, one that will create better quality scoring chances for strikers you will probably see him bang in more goals.

KJ has some good qualities as a striker, but if he is not given quality balls regularly during a game it will be hard for him to increase his scoring rate.

His one weakness as a striker is to dribble past a defender in a 1v1 situation, if he can add a "step-over" move to his game he will be way more effective and will score more goals since he got the pace, but this has a better chance of reality if he plays with a good team that can open up this space for him to run at defenders.

I've been through this debate on here a long time ago, this view is just too simplistic and wouldn't result in him scoring more, well it might  due to the bigs team superiority but wouldn't be enough to justify his place in such a team.

Kenwyne is a big strong athlete, but lacks a few things as a striker that I would of thought should of improved by now but haven't. 

If you are in a better team that creates more chances, these chances are created by quick passing and movement usually with good control.  To make use of the chances that come you way in a team like this you have to anticipate and be in the right place to put the ball in, this is one of Kenwyne's weakess points, he simply wouldn't be there when the chance presented itself. 

His control is inconsistant, sometimes good sometimes he can't trap a bag of cement, again far too inconsistant for a top team.

His shooting is the same as his control and if you wat ;Dched him often enough I doubt there is anybody on here that would feel confident about him scoring when one on one with a keeper, he lacks composure in front of goal.

He was bought by Stoke for what he is, he is in a team that will present him with a lot of chances that he is better suited to converting, by high balls into a packed penalty area.

Kenwyne is what he is, I doubt he will ever be what he could be.  

Kev, your points are well taken.. but here in Trini, we have an old saying ,... " when yuh mix with shit, yuh does play shit" :devil:

Offline kev

• Hero Warrior
  • Lifes a bitch, then you marry one
    • View Profile
« Reply #245 on: February 09, 2011, 01:28:06 PM »

If he does he will find himself getting slacked off a lot more, more harshly and quickly on the Stoke forum than he did on the SMB.

Kev, your points are well taken.. but here in Trini, we have an old saying ,... " when yuh mix with shit, yuh does play shit" :devil:

It is easier to look better than you are in a better team, as a lot of transfers have proved.  Don't think the Stoke fans will like you calling them a tata team though  :devil:
« Last Edit: February 09, 2011, 01:33:01 PM by kev »

Offline Trinimassive

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #246 on: February 09, 2011, 01:51:46 PM »
Kenwyne is an Athlete playing football at the highest level, doh expect anything more. I don't think the clubs that buy him expect more from him. He does what he does good enough for them.

Steve Bruce wanted more than an Athlete and a decent footballer so when he get there and he see Kenwyne he make changes.

We expecting more from Kenwyne than he could give that he why he doh score no setta goals for T&T.
Stern on the other hand was all about scoring, Kenwyne knows he not being bought to score ah bag ah goals so he ent worried if he don't score.

You get what he's good at when you buy or watch Kenwyne and that's it. That is why he was moved to defense because he big, strong, good in the air. We like that for we defenders, and skill for we forwards,  in England they like big, strong, and good in the air for their defenders and at least one ah dey striker.

Rougier comes to mind, he was a regular forward in Scotland

When Kenwyne play fuh we put him in the back and we good  :beermug:

Offline maxg

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #247 on: February 09, 2011, 02:16:03 PM »
unproven as a Snr player..right now, unless we playing boom kick, always an option, like Big Mag, for me, he riding pine....unless on the invite, he showing(in the 2 training days) he fit enuff physically & mentally to play midfield or we going the boom kick route with one forward (he to win air balls) to defend, that early, game leading goal, we always wish we could score...then again, he might show something new, something borrowed or something outta the blue (Q...R...C..we wa), given a different coach, with different instructions...yuh neva know

Offline just cool

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #248 on: February 09, 2011, 02:19:22 PM »
Kenwyne is an Athlete playing football at the highest level, doh expect anything more. I don't think the clubs that buy him expect more from him. He does what he does good enough for them.

Steve Bruce wanted more than an Athlete and a decent footballer so when he get there and he see Kenwyne he make changes.

We expecting more from Kenwyne than he could give that he why he doh score no setta goals for T&T.
Stern on the other hand was all about scoring, Kenwyne knows he not being bought to score ah bag ah goals so he ent worried if he don't score.

You get what he's good at when you buy or watch Kenwyne and that's it. That is why he was moved to defense because he big, strong, good in the air. We like that for we defenders, and skill for we forwards,  in England they like big, strong, and good in the air for their defenders and at least one ah dey striker.

Rougier comes to mind, he was a regular forward in Scotland

When Kenwyne play fuh we put him in the back and we good  :beermug:

I beg to differ, kenwyne is ah damn good footballer, and he scored many ah goals that nuff players would normally throw away, like the first goal he scored in the EPL against redding, that and many more with his feet that many players would not be able too convert.

i heard ah comment on this same thread that fans are less likely to feel secure with KJ in ah one on one situation with ah keeper, well i've seen him in that situation more than once , many a time @ southampton and he converted, i've seen it @ sunlun and @ stoke when he buss pepi reina's net VS liverpool.

IMO the fella is ah damn good footballer and would rather see him in front of goal than stern. the thing is with KJ and what most strikers have over him is the positional sense of play(getting into scoring position) and the hunger that he lacks,

that same hunger that made me like the kid in the first place when he played with southampton and under leo beenhakker, the one we saw in germany, that fighting rough house never say die attitude, that's all this fella want to be ah top contender.  IMO, he's much more accurate than stern in front of goal.
The pen is mightier than the sword, Africa for Africans home and abroad.Trinidad is not my home just a pit stop, Africa is my destination,final destination the MOST HIGH.

Offline maxg

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #249 on: February 09, 2011, 03:09:12 PM »
For me, the little bit I saw, very few was better than the Pre-Notiingham Forest injured Stern..the Birmingham super-sub stern was pretty good as a role player too..KJ has his own role to play, and as far as TT is concerned, he should be picked to play that role, not play a Stern John, or TT Drogba role...He is KJ...should the team therefore be picked around him, no , yet it depends on what the other present potential candidates bring to the table...this is Team selection, not pick the best players and put them on the field, but pick the best players to execute a particular strategy, that compliments those players...thus the most skilfull right mid, might get left out for a less skilfull mid but stronger tackling/holding mid, to say complement the defence and have a more balanced team...this is where real Managers earn their keep...National/Pro club teams should not be about coaching as much as management...coaching is for before that, in my lil mind anyway

Offline jai john

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #250 on: February 10, 2011, 08:24:45 PM »
For me Kenwyne  Jones plays  like Shaquille O Neil ....scores goals ...uses his presence to his advantage ..is effective at what he does ..intimidates defenders
...would I class him as a top footballer ? ..would I class Shaq as a top basketballer ...sure would on both counts but he has to play on a team that wants his type of play ...long balls into the box ...crosses  ... if he cant get that then he is a spectator ...
strange ..he went to England as a utility player than a became a defender ..then was tried as a forward and has not looked back. He had an amazing record at Stoke ......scores goals for all his teams ...but they must suit his style . Dont try to see him playing flowing fluid football ...that is like asking Shaq to run the court ...and we much prefer Shaq to be in the paint ...where it matters !!

Offline just cool

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
KJ not doing himself any favors.
« Reply #251 on: February 19, 2011, 03:51:22 PM »
Whats up with this fella? why is he not representing himself? why is he not grabbing this opportunity with four hands and holding on for dear life? were we mistaken about KJ and just maybe this was all a fluke, could it be that he's one of the luckiest sh!tsnakes to come out of T&T?

i heard the fella having marital problems and ah feel for him BC i know what that's like, but there's a time when ah fella have tuh pick up the pieces move on and take charge of his life again and set yuhself free. so handle yuh business son and stop sulking if that's truly the case.
http://oatcakefanzine.proboards.com/index.cgi?board=Potters&action=display&thread=151211

first things first, KJ better take charge of his career, BC broads will come and they will go, but financial security often leaves and rarely returns.

i'm tellin yuhs, if he keeps this up i'm smelling championship for this guy on the horizon. his stocks has dropped tremendously and is on the down spiral. he needs to knock in ah few before the seasons end or else he will ride nuff pine with stoke next season if he's lucky to stay in the prem.

i notice this idle behavior from jones since the last hex and he's not been able to shake this shyte off ever since and get serious with his football career. the boy needs tuh play with energy and vigor, this lazyman paul business don't belong in today's football and would not cut it in europe @ all!

i really like the fella and ah want him to do well, but it seem like he has gotten swell headed and believes he doesn't have to work hard now, when in reality this is the time he really has to buss a gut.

could someone who knows jones please talk to the fella, BC he's pissing on ah grand opportunity.              positive.
http://oatcakefanzine.proboards.com/index.cgi?board=Potters&action=display&thread=151239
« Last Edit: February 19, 2011, 11:01:28 PM by just cool »
The pen is mightier than the sword, Africa for Africans home and abroad.Trinidad is not my home just a pit stop, Africa is my destination,final destination the MOST HIGH.

Offline Ngozi

• Hero Warrior
  • Taking my life back! what da f**k you done lately?
    • View Profile
Re: KJ not doing himself any favors.
« Reply #252 on: February 19, 2011, 04:12:37 PM »
One of the fan's post about him.

Re: Jones miss at half time
« Reply #21 Today at 8:55pm »   

Today at 8:20pm, scfcbiancorossi wrote:
The thing with Kenners is simple. He currently deserves the stick he is recieving simply because he has the wrong work ethic. Pulis suggested early in the season that he has a "laid back" attitude and will turn up to training late etc etc. Well sorry, but earning the money hes on, turning up half soaked its not on, especially when people are paying their money to watch him. He has brought all this on himself. The sooner we get rid in the summer the better. Use the money from Jones to complete Carew signing and bring in a flair player in midfield. Sorted.

Agree. I have worked as a nurse for over 40 years - retire next year if I still have a job with all the NHS cuts :(. Done all sorts of shifts - 7am till 9pm, nights, Christmas Day, New Years Eve and so on. Not grumbling at all - I count myself lucky to have had a steady job for 40 years and there's lots of people on here very much worse off than me. But when I came to work I genuinely did my best each and every day to earn my wages. I see Kenwyne on as much per week as I ever earned in a year as a nurse and APPEARING not to give a stuff whether he does his job - to score and to create goals - or not. That to me is fraudulent - he is not doing what he's being paid to do.. Don't talk of confidence - he jogs around here and there as if nothing matters. I know he's a good footballer, but on those wages he has to bloody well motivate himself (don't tell me TP isn't encouraging him also), put himself in the thick of the action rather than on the periphery and get stuck in.

Rant over - sorry!

Offline Tenorsaw

• Hero Warrior
  • YNWA
    • View Profile
« Reply #253 on: February 19, 2011, 04:47:36 PM »
Saw him live versus Fulham earlier this season, and he was pathetic...no movement off the ball and you could tell he was not into the game.  Something going on, and he needs to sort it out ASAP, or else he will be another talent who simply underachieved.

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #254 on: February 19, 2011, 06:52:54 PM »
Who is this "KJ" allyuh talking about... and why should we care?

Offline Preacher

• We doh smoke or drink or pop pills. When we light the mic is strickly jess skills
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #255 on: February 19, 2011, 07:04:15 PM »
Bakes, they talking bout Kenwyn Jones..Philbert Jone nephew...
In Everything give thanks for this is the will of God concerning you.

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #256 on: February 19, 2011, 08:39:38 PM »

Who is that... the same fella who say he doh care about and want nothing to do with SWO and its members?

Offline davidephraim

• Do Good and Live!!
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #257 on: February 19, 2011, 09:48:01 PM »

Who is that... the same fella who say he doh care about and want nothing to do with SWO and its members?

Oh! I dont recall dat; whe de link.
Warren N. Boucaud

Offline Preacher

• We doh smoke or drink or pop pills. When we light the mic is strickly jess skills
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #258 on: February 20, 2011, 12:09:50 AM »
Yeah he say that.... ;D   All players does have a hard time with us at some point..Real love and hate..Peanut butter and jelly.  All good for yuh.
In Everything give thanks for this is the will of God concerning you.

Offline kev

• Hero Warrior
  • Lifes a bitch, then you marry one
    • View Profile
« Reply #259 on: February 20, 2011, 02:46:45 AM »
I am surprised JC you have been one of his biggest defenders.

Unless he is a gambler or something I wouldn't worry about his financial position even if he doesn't play he is now set for life.

Threads like that have been going on for months on that board, the difference now is that they have Carew that is seen as being able to do "his job" and he is keeping out the fans favourite Fuller, as I said on the other one he needs a few goals and quick before they really start on him during matches.

Offline maxg

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #260 on: February 20, 2011, 12:14:03 PM »
 :-X :-X  Somebody tell Pulis let go KJ, Kerry B. available...easy so, doh matter what or why,dah's would be macomere man business...Straight swap..dat will help Kerry and KJ, doh have to deal with that pressure whatever it is , "Not my business", and could go handle he stories... ..ah feel maybe macomere man phobia cutting some noses to spite some faces  ...buh how ppl who don't hear or see does learn, ans: experience, and they use their other senses...so far thank god, Mr Pulis giving him the slack, hopefully he would be eventually able to pull himself back in, rather than some ppl and hang themselves....Keep working KJ. Yuh in with ah good boss, Help him out please Cardo, hang in there, for the future of our other Caribbean players  :praying:

add: meanwhile the other next  ???mess-hound  ??? scoring again thanks be to god, and hardly ah peep, one of our only other representative....like is only Messi allowed to score & unscore or wha ?...Go Jason, call up KJ tell him some of us behind allyuh (cause he doh read we  ;)  )  no matter what play, success or failure....but success would be more encouraging for our youth home...Do it allyuh
« Last Edit: February 20, 2011, 12:23:37 PM by maxg »

Offline Babalawo

• Football Scholar
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #261 on: February 21, 2011, 02:37:14 AM »
Carew take over the big target man role and looks a lot more active than KJ in the same role.
KJ's effort is deficient.

for a big man Kenwyne does play rel soft. Its good that stoke pick up Carew, i like that player

Offline Pur_Trini

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #262 on: February 24, 2011, 04:21:16 AM »
Watched Arsenal v. Stoke last night.  Carew and Walters started up front, KJ and Fuller on the bench.  Walters was brought off for Fuller second half. 

KJ didn't look like he would get a look in until the 89th minute, when Stoke had a corner.  When the substitution wasn't allowed to be made before the corner was taken, Pulis made him sit back down.

I always defend KJ on The Oatcake, as I did on the Sunderland message boards, but that's getting harder and harder to do.  He just does not seem interested at all.  Despite what anyone says, KJ has talent.  He would not have gotten to where he is if he didn't.  His hunger and desire to do well is just gone. 

I have to stop going on the Oatcake forum.  Too depressing seeing them slag off KJ, moreso when I know they're right.
.........and may God bless our Nation.

Offline Peong

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #263 on: February 24, 2011, 08:03:19 AM »
If I had KJ's work ethic at my job, I would be fired before long.
It kinda sad to see him like this.  I hope he finds what he needs to re-ignite the fire.

Offline Socapro

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
  • Ras Shorty-I, Father of Soca, Chutney-Soca & Jamoo
    • View Profile
« Reply #264 on: February 24, 2011, 10:12:11 AM »
It kinda sad to see him like this.  I hope he finds what he needs to re-ignite the fire.

The Man is T&T player of the year! He has nothing to prove!! No one in that side can step in his shoes!!  ;)
De higher a monkey climbs is de less his ass is on de line, if he works for FIFA that is! ;-)

giggsy11

« Reply #265 on: February 24, 2011, 11:39:17 AM »

The Man is T&T player of the year! He has nothing to prove!! No one in that side can step in his shoes!!  ;)

I think he should just let the other forwards play and just coach the team!

Offline fitzinho

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
So the family crisis is revealed...
« Reply #266 on: March 13, 2011, 09:40:02 AM »
Stoke to rally round Jones as family issues derail striker's form.
By Sportsmail Reporter.

Tony Pulis will support Kenwyne Jones as he struggles for form during a messy divorce.

Stoke’s club record £8m signing has found the net just once in his last 16 outings but could start against West Ham on Sunday.

‘This family situation has really affected him. But this football club supports its players,’ said Pulis.

'We did so with Matty Etherington, we did so with Danny Higginbotham last week whose wife had a baby. And we shall do so with Kenwyne.'
« Last Edit: March 14, 2011, 05:57:51 AM by Flex »

Offline Cocorite

• Hero Warrior
  • John 5:24
    • View Profile
Re: So the family crisis is revealed...
« Reply #267 on: March 13, 2011, 10:17:51 AM »
Sad news indeed. Always a very difficult thing to deal with. Your family in our prayers, Jones
Socawarriors Need A Winning Mentality

Offline Trini _2026

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #268 on: March 13, 2011, 10:49:29 AM »
suspected that months ago
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4</a>

Offline Jay10

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #269 on: March 13, 2011, 12:08:10 PM »
Yupp that was the case. For his sake I really hope he gets over it.

Its really tough for him though, as he has 3 little kids. His wife is Trini, which could mean the kids coming back if she chooses to leave the UK

Really tough to take on mentally

1]; } ?>