March 29, 2024, 01:19:55 AM

Poll

Will a Premiership side save Kenwyne when Cardiff get relegated?

Yes
6 (18.8%)
No
26 (81.3%)

Total Members Voted: 31

Author Topic: Kenwyne Jones Thread  (Read 244499 times)

Offline Sam

• Hero Warrior
  • Police face and dog heart.
    • View Profile
Re: What impact has KJ made to the national team? goals etc..
« Reply #570 on: March 31, 2013, 05:52:55 AM »
And I never said Jorsling was good, I said - De worst striker in T&T right now Devorn Jorsling is 10 times better than Kenwyne Jones.

And I am trying to say, I would pick him over Jones, thats how bad I think KJ performs for T&T. I was using a scarasium.

Dont misquote me, if yuh cant argue vote for NJAC.

Faster than a speeding pittbull
Stronger than a shot of ba-bash
Capable of storming any fete

Offline Sam

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #571 on: March 31, 2013, 06:02:33 AM »
Allyuh watch this 6 foot stiker here...

22 and 44 seconds in

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ceDIWOuzeNw

De man real good, he should play netball.

Offline just cool

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #572 on: March 31, 2013, 01:27:26 PM »

22 and 44 seconds in

Dat was a terrible miss i will admit, but i've seen worst from better strikers. hek you acting like big name players don't get their feet twisted @ times.

BTW @ sec 22, that was ah foul, the man spill over on jones, plus who knows if he was trying to win ah penalty, yuh never know.

BTW the fella who made that run wearing the # 7 jersey have some good speed and ball control.
« Last Edit: March 31, 2013, 01:42:20 PM by just cool »
The pen is mightier than the sword, Africa for Africans home and abroad.Trinidad is not my home just a pit stop, Africa is my destination,final destination the MOST HIGH.

Offline Peong

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #573 on: March 31, 2013, 02:32:58 PM »

22 and 44 seconds in

Dat was a terrible miss i will admit, but i've seen worst from better strikers. hek you acting like big name players don't get their feet twisted @ times.

BTW @ sec 22, that was ah foul, the man spill over on jones, plus who knows if he was trying to win ah penalty, yuh never know.

BTW the fella who made that run wearing the # 7 jersey have some good speed and ball control.

JC yuh go defend dat?  KJ throw himself after he miscontrol the ball and feel the defender bump him.  Poor poor poor.

Offline just cool

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #574 on: March 31, 2013, 02:49:37 PM »

22 and 44 seconds in

JC yuh go defend dat?  KJ throw himself after he miscontrol the ball and feel the defender bump him.  Poor poor poor.
OK, whatever the case, it happens in football, man slip man fall man miss control ball, man even miss open goal mouth all alone with no pressure, i've seen worst, it's all in ah days work and part and parcel of the beautiful game. :whistling:
« Last Edit: March 31, 2013, 02:51:08 PM by just cool »
The pen is mightier than the sword, Africa for Africans home and abroad.Trinidad is not my home just a pit stop, Africa is my destination,final destination the MOST HIGH.

Offline Sam

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #575 on: March 31, 2013, 04:21:14 PM »
A BIG tune, dedicated to T&T's number one striker Kenwyne Jones.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BMnsR3ufLzc

Enjoy fellas.

Offline ballpriest

• New Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #576 on: March 31, 2013, 08:25:34 PM »
how much time de man go fall dong when he ha goal to score..

Offline just cool

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #577 on: April 01, 2013, 04:53:28 AM »
As for you!! i make you out from your first post, you're another alter ego of someone who don't have the balls tuh troll on their initial membership, so yuh put on another face just to fack wid ppl.

so go back under yuh bridge troll wid yuh bumpy nose self and stop trying tuh teef ppl head, be ah good little troll now, down boy down.
« Last Edit: April 01, 2013, 04:55:04 AM by just cool »

Offline Peong

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Kenwyne Jones Thread
« Reply #578 on: April 01, 2013, 11:25:53 AM »
As for you!! i make you out from your first post, you're another alter ego of someone who don't have the balls tuh troll on their initial membership, so yuh put on another face just to fack wid ppl.

so go back under yuh bridge troll wid yuh bumpy nose self and stop trying tuh teef ppl head, be ah good little troll now, down boy down.

But he makes a good point.

Offline trini_stallion

• Hero Warrior
  • soca in mih veins, soca in mih blood...
    • View Profile
« Reply #579 on: April 01, 2013, 07:09:12 PM »
Arm chair coaches...all yuh go and play in de epl nahh...busss net fuh so rite....men gehn paid big money to play ball...men that qualified and trained pick de man...but we on we couch know better....send all yuh resume.all yuh know talent
Soca in mih vein, Soca in meh blood
Soca in yuh vein, Soca in blood,
Soca in we vein, Soca in we blood,
It's a heart of love, can't deny soca, cuz its good fuh de soul...
Trinidad and Tobago jump up now!

Offline Savannah boy

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #580 on: April 01, 2013, 09:24:17 PM »
This thread have real legs boy. Allyuh gone from calling de man ah Austin Cambridge or a Morris Oxford to almost saying he is a failure. KJ need service. If he eh getting it in de EPL playing for so so teams, he certainly eh go get it here with a five pass and lose it team. His work rate could be better but he eh alone in that regard.
« Last Edit: April 01, 2013, 09:28:13 PM by Savannah boy »

Offline coache

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #581 on: April 01, 2013, 09:30:49 PM »
Allyuh does well make me laugh ..I like coming on dis forum to geh my Jones.. :rotfl:

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #582 on: April 01, 2013, 09:39:44 PM »
This thread have real legs boy. Allyuh gone from calling de man ah Austin Cambridge or a Morris Oxford to almost saying he is a failure. KJ need service. If he eh getting it in de EPL playing for so so teams, he certainly eh go get it here with a five pass and lose it team. His work rate could be better but he eh alone in that regard.

... and that includes negative passes.

Offline Mango Chow!

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #583 on: April 02, 2013, 05:38:04 AM »
Arm chair coaches...all yuh go and play in de epl nahh...busss net fuh so rite....men gehn paid big money to play ball...men that qualified and trained pick de man...but we on we couch know better....send all yuh resume.all yuh know talent

Allyuh men does talk some rel dam shit when allyuh ready oui!  First thing, you really believe that just because men coaching in the big leagues that they does always get their judgments/decisions right? Some ah allyuh gettin' tie up because the focus (here) in Kenwyne Jones but yuh think he is the only goat in the E/BPL that getting contract?  Yuh know hummuch goats it have plying their trade in English football?! Up to last year Emile Heskey was still playin' in the E/BPL and it have unborn children that done know he was a goat....but is "men that qualified and trained" that did pick him, too.  Kenwyne Jones has been compared to men like Didier Drogba and all by these same "qualified and trained" men.  He was/is supposed to be the next greatest thing outta TnT after Dwight Yorke.....in a way he is comparable to Dwight because he somehow can't seem to play his A-game for the country (then maybe he will bring it out for our next opening game in a WC, too.) teams like Liverpool and Spurs "wanted" him but ultimately, the kindsa figures his current teams was asking for was too much, (figures like 5 and 6 million pounds)and they didn't seem to want him all that much.  I glad fuh Kenwyne...in fact, his family and my family rel cool and know each other donkey years now....which is why I personally have refrained from saying much about him on this forum....but plain talk is bad manners and it rel amazing to see hummuch people does cyah see him for what he is: a player that "flatters to deceive".  He has LOTS of "potential". Always has.  That seems to always be the story of him, though.

Not because a man ears long and he teet' long dat it make him a Jackass!

Offline just cool

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #584 on: April 02, 2013, 05:52:10 AM »

Allyuh men does talk some rel dam shit when allyuh ready oui!  First thing, you really believe that just because men coaching in the big leagues that they does always get their judgments/decisions right? Some ah allyuh gettin' tie up because the focus (here) in Kenwyne Jones but yuh think he is the only goat in the E/BPL that getting contract?  Yuh know hummuch goats it have plying their trade in English football?! Up to last year Emile Heskey was still playin' in the E/BPL and it have unborn children that done know he was a goat....but is "men that qualified and trained" that did pick him, too.  Kenwyne Jones has been compared to men like Didier Drogba and all by these same "qualified and trained" men.  He was/is supposed to be the next greatest thing outta TnT after Dwight Yorke.....in a way he is comparable to Dwight because he somehow can't seem to play his A-game for the country (then maybe he will bring it out for our next opening game in a WC, too.) teams like Liverpool and Spurs "wanted" him but ultimately, the kindsa figures his current teams was asking for was too much, (figures like 5 and 6 million pounds)and they didn't seem to want him all that much.  I glad fuh Kenwyne...in fact, his family and my family rel cool and know each other donkey years now....which is why I personally have refrained from saying much about him on this forum....but plain talk is bad manners and it rel amazing to see hummuch people does cyah see him for what he is: a player that "flatters to deceive".  He has LOTS of "potential". Always has.  That seems to always be the story of him, though.
Breds, there are a few stand outs in any league, and for the most part 75% of the players are mediocre.  KJ is undoubtedly one of the 75%, but that doesn't detract from the fact that he's EPL quality.

the thing that we're all missing is that we in T&T watch soo much pretty football and cheer for the best teams in the world that if a player don't measure up to the standards that we are accustomed to we throw them in the "sh!tsnake" category.

lets face it, we are big time glory hunters who don't have a strong football tradition. who here would ever cheer for a darby county, or doncaster?

we won't bc we love pretty football, but the fella who will die for doncaster has a strong football tradition and would drive miles to watch players way worst than anything we have on the national team, and cheer them on with all his heart.

i heard fellas on here say that christiano ronaldo is ah sh!t hound, "emmanuel adebayor should never go near a prem team again", how johnny evens belong in the championship, and these are top class players, so what wouldn't you not say about ah bleeder or a KJ.

IMO KJ lack two things from being a top goal scorer in the prem, he lacks a good team, and a good coach.  his inefficiencies are his first touch, his awareness and his moodiness, but these things would never stop him from being a goal threat had he the right system and supporting cast.
« Last Edit: April 02, 2013, 06:01:13 AM by just cool »

Offline Sando

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #585 on: April 02, 2013, 06:18:10 AM »

Enjoy fellas.

:rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

How did you discover that song of all things Sam...

:rotfl:

Offline just cool

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #586 on: April 02, 2013, 07:21:18 AM »

Enjoy fellas.

Allyuh fellas could be in the CIA destabilizing countries left and right and watching ppl suffer on account of your handy work and not give ah damn just goin about yuh life happier than ever sleeping quite comfortable @ night oui.

keep up your little charade pardner, feel like no body eh on tuh yuh.

truetrini

« Reply #587 on: April 02, 2013, 08:42:03 AM »

Enjoy fellas.

Allyuh fellas could be in the CIA destabilizing countries left and right and watching ppl suffer on account of your handy work and not give ah damn just goin about yuh life happier than ever sleeping quite comfortable @ night oui.

keep up your little charade pardner, feel like no body eh on tuh yuh.

The Misunderstanding of Multiplicity.This channel concentrates on people who have been diagnosed living with Multiple Personality, MPD or DID, Dissociative Identity Disorder including Post Traumatic Stress Disorder, PTSD showing each of these labels is but one more degree of functioning on a continuum, a spectrum that can evolve for better or worse at times.

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/lBSVS3YC9uQ" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/lBSVS3YC9uQ</a>
« Last Edit: April 02, 2013, 08:48:08 AM by GTFOOHWDBSA »

Offline Sando

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #588 on: April 02, 2013, 09:47:15 AM »
JC, ok, you on to me, now what ?

Offline g

• mr greggle71
  • Hero Warrior
  • semi match fit
    • View Profile
« Reply #589 on: April 06, 2013, 08:10:07 AM »
KJ gets the start today vs Villa

could get a run of games leading up to the end of the season and off to the GC if he can lead Stoke to victory today.
Soca Warriors, the pride of a nation

Offline NYtriniwhiteboy..

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #590 on: April 06, 2013, 09:57:15 AM »
he throw way a good chance and get in an argument with his teammate..stoke end up losing after i thought they might steal de win
Back in Trini...

Offline Fyzoman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #591 on: April 06, 2013, 05:01:09 PM »
Ah watch de first half delayed and NYTriniwhiteboy sell out the result so ah say me eh watching no 2nd half, ah was wondering, allyuh feel Hutson and Shabazz does watch games that KJ (or other foreign-based) playing in?

"Practice is the best of all instructors"

Offline frico

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #592 on: April 06, 2013, 05:14:44 PM »
I am sure KJ is a good enough cricketer capable of doing well enough to get a contract with the IPL like Pollard,he should consider switching sports.

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Kenwyne Jones set for Stoke City exit?
« Reply #593 on: April 16, 2013, 03:16:04 PM »
Kenwyne Jones set for Stoke City exit?
By Femi Hilekaan (givemefootball.com)

If Stoke City preserve their Premier League status, a replacement for striker Kenwyne Jones should be top of Tony Pulis' summer transfer wishlist.

Jones has struggled to have any impact for the Potters this season - managing just three goals and two assists. His major flaw is his reluctance to hold onto balls and keep possession, which has left Stoke exposed to counter attacks.

Stoke have struggled to create goal-scoring chances this season, with the majority of their openings coming from throw-ins and long balls. Despite his aerial advantage, Jones has been very poor and has failed to benefit from Stoke's style of play.

Pulis' tactics require a clinical striker who is good in the air, versatile and decisive. Unfortunately, Jones is by no means close to any of those qualities.

Read More...
The Conquering Lion of Judah shall break every chain.

Offline just cool

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #594 on: April 16, 2013, 06:04:34 PM »
Can't believe they want to blame this all on KJ ........ SMH

boy these english fans and press always need someone to blame. why didn't he talk about crouch not scoring in 15 appearances, and only managing 4+ goals for the whole season!  i say if they want someone to blame then blame pulis for not rotating his players for starters.

the man played ah whole season without using most his 25 man team/ half his bench bench. he have fellas like edu, palacios, upson, adam, pennant, jerome, owen, KJ and shea rotting on the bench. the man not resting his defenders and midfielders ah rass to the point where them fellas over worked!

KJ was started after crouch's injury and managed three goals in four games, then as soon as crouch's teeth stopped hurting he was back in the starting line up, now tell me if this coach have ah clue. no forward could shine with 10 mins @ a time on the pitch. sssttuueeepppsss

truetrini

« Reply #595 on: April 16, 2013, 08:47:42 PM »
One set ah assnes in truth.  Crouch have triple the minutes and dat long ugly f**ker only score 6 in all competitions for the year.  Jones socred 5!

Assness Pulis is a dog..mangy one too.  He treated Fuller with the same disdain!

Offline Peong

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #596 on: April 16, 2013, 09:15:18 PM »
That writer sounds like an amateur.  The site made all kinda disclaimers on the web page.
On a serious note I not ready for KJ to go back to the Championship.  I hope somebody in the top flight comes in for him.
It have real shithongs still in the Prem so I know he still has the quality.

Offline Madd Ras#13

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #597 on: April 17, 2013, 03:40:17 AM »
Pulis is ah big dunce and i cyah believe dey tryin tuh drop de blame on Jones...Watch de game against man u and u go see how frustrating it have tuh be as ah striker playin in dat team. tuh begin with dey had jones playin up front alone with walters and shelton(ah think dais he name, de black boi dat usually does play right back) playin on de wings...I en think one cross came in dah whole game, wam tuh players like pennant who is much better far more better dan dem two at playin out wide and i en know if etherington injured but walters n shelton surely cyah be playin de wing n u expect tuh get service for de striker.

whole game is only straight aerial balls dey playin for jones, all at least head height so man cyah even try ah chest trap and even though he won his fair share of flick ons it had no one near him tuh benefit. truth be told stoke football wayyyyy uglier dan bolton football under allerdyce...full time now dey get rid ah Tony Pulis
all dat is necessary is necessary

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #598 on: November 06, 2013, 02:03:07 PM »
However, by the same token, there have been many unsuccessful target men in the Premier League in recent years. One player befitting that description is Kenwyne Jones. In three years, and almost 90 appearances for the Potters, Jones has a record of one goal in every 6.7 games he has featured in, a desperately low figure for any forward, but particularly for a target man deployed in a side that hinges on a tall front-man. He has not scored in 20 top flight encounters.

The idea that Jones, who Harry Redknapp once scathingly described as “laid-back to the point of semi-consciousness”, is still a regular for the midlands outfit, and the fact that his record for a club so focussed on supply for a lone target man is so dire, paints an accurate, if bleak, picture of the calibre and competence of target men in the current state of the Premier League.

Jones is not the sole case of a target man underachieving, underperforming and underwhelming. Almost every club in the BPL has had a failed target man in their squad in the last five years: Bendtner and Chamakh at Arsenal, Heskey (blasphemy) at Villa, Gestede and Parkin at Cardiff, it goes on.

http://backpagefootball.com/just-give-it-to-the-big-man/65396/
The Conquering Lion of Judah shall break every chain.

Offline Carib-Briton

• Hero Warrior
  • Working Things Out!
    • View Profile
« Reply #599 on: November 10, 2013, 08:34:54 AM »
If the man is enjoying his life than fairplay to him. If he is taking care of responsibilities then he is doing his job as a man but I can't help but think how good this guy could've been. At Sunderland he was a decent striker heading for good things and now his ability has plummeted! He think he is capable if getting 15 goals (no more than that) a season in PL but it just seemed like he stopped trying. I've seen his first touch in front of goal mess up or blast the ball over the bar so many times now. Sad; Potentially I think he could be a really good player.

1]; } ?>