March 28, 2024, 02:46:41 PM

Poll

Will a Premiership side save Kenwyne when Cardiff get relegated?

Yes
6 (18.8%)
No
26 (81.3%)

Total Members Voted: 31

Author Topic: Kenwyne Jones Thread  (Read 244374 times)

Offline Dinner Mints

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Cory Thomas: Illustration and Design
Re: Kenwyne Jones Thread
« Reply #600 on: November 10, 2013, 10:06:38 AM »
If the man is enjoying his life than fairplay to him. If he is taking care of responsibilities then he is doing his job as a man but I can't help but think how good this guy could've been. At Sunderland he was a decent striker heading for good things and now his ability has plummeted! He think he is capable if getting 15 goals (no more than that) a season in PL but it just seemed like he stopped trying. I've seen his first touch in front of goal mess up or blast the ball over the bar so many times now. Sad; Potentially I think he could be a really good player.
He's the same player as at Sunderland. In fact, he works even harder now. But Stoke is a one striker team and Crouch is a 'better player', so he have to chill or move. This '90 appearances' and 'every 6.7 games' don't account for how most of them games is pigeon sweat. Based on goals-per-minute, he's actually the most prolific of all Stoke strikers. All of them have poor stats, though. So I doh know why single him out. KJ or no KJ, Stoke doh score. Among the worst across all 4 divisions.
« Last Edit: November 10, 2013, 10:08:50 AM by Dinner Mints »

Offline Carib-Briton

• Hero Warrior
  • Working Things Out!
    • View Profile
« Reply #601 on: November 10, 2013, 11:09:52 AM »
If the man is enjoying his life than fairplay to him. If he is taking care of responsibilities then he is doing his job as a man but I can't help but think how good this guy could've been. At Sunderland he was a decent striker heading for good things and now his ability has plummeted! He think he is capable if getting 15 goals (no more than that) a season in PL but it just seemed like he stopped trying. I've seen his first touch in front of goal mess up or blast the ball over the bar so many times now. Sad; Potentially I think he could be a really good player.
He's the same player as at Sunderland. In fact, he works even harder now. But Stoke is a one striker team and Crouch is a 'better player', so he have to chill or move. This '90 appearances' and 'every 6.7 games' don't account for how most of them games is pigeon sweat. Based on goals-per-minute, he's actually the most prolific of all Stoke strikers. All of them have poor stats, though. So I doh know why single him out. KJ or no KJ, Stoke doh score. Among the worst across all 4 divisions.

We'll agree to disagree, and I know how stoke play. Single out KJ? Is thread is about KJ not crouch, no singling out. If there is a reason for 'singling out' anyone well I leave you to work out why *stares a thread title* Some of the first touches I see him take and missed opportunities I wonder what happened to him. If stoke is the problem, then move on. If he doesn't want to score goals and defend become a centre-back LOL

Offline Dinner Mints

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #602 on: November 10, 2013, 11:49:50 AM »

We'll agree to disagree, and I know how stoke play. Single out KJ? Is thread is about KJ not crouch, no singling out. If there is a reason for 'singling out' anyone well I leave you to work out why *stares a thread title* Some of the first touches I see him take and missed opportunities I wonder what happened to him. If stoke is the problem, then move on. If he doesn't want to score goals and defend become a centre-back LOL

I was referring to the article singling him out, not you. Out of all Stoke strikers who all in a mess.

Offline Carib-Briton

• Hero Warrior
  • Working Things Out!
    • View Profile
« Reply #603 on: November 10, 2013, 12:27:42 PM »

I was referring to the article singling him out, not you. Out of all Stoke strikers who all in a mess.
Well you quoted me and made references to what I said i.e sunderland so that would be the reason I responded  :beermug:

Offline Peong

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #604 on: November 10, 2013, 01:02:13 PM »
Begovic has more prem goals than KJ this season  ;D
Actually Begovic should remind him every game, just for some motivation.
KJ is the club's top scorer in all comps despite that. 
He need to do something, but it hard to do from the bench. Not even a sniff of the field today boy.
Those few starts he got early on were priceless opportunities.

Offline g

• mr greggle71
  • Hero Warrior
  • semi match fit
    • View Profile
« Reply #605 on: November 10, 2013, 02:23:23 PM »
Begovic has more prem goals than KJ this season  ;D
Actually Begovic should remind him every game, just for some motivation.
KJ is the club's top scorer in all comps despite that. 
He need to do something, but it hard to do from the bench. Not even a sniff of the field today boy.
Those few starts he got early on were priceless opportunities.

This is the point i was making earlier in the season. His play was very good and he started to get the confidence of the manager who gave him a run of games. Unfortunately the first thing he chose to do was run his mouth in the press about the old manager etc. rather than put his head down and show his worth for the long haul. He will get another run before christmas i hope and hopefully he will take his chances then. The irony is that despite the good play of Crouch upfront they still not getting the results so the manager will still feel he may be an option.
Soca Warriors, the pride of a nation

Offline Pur_Trini

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #606 on: November 26, 2013, 04:50:44 AM »
Any update on KJ?  Last I read he picked up a shoulder injury vs. Jamaica and was to be assessed by his club but did not return following international duty.

.........and may God bless our Nation.

Offline Peong

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #607 on: November 26, 2013, 03:24:14 PM »
Crouch had a sweet assist in this game to Nzonzi.
I think the only solace KJ has is that all Stoke's strikers are woeful.

Offline Dinner Mints

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #608 on: November 26, 2013, 04:42:39 PM »
Crouch starting to play good lately. So I eh know. West Ham need somebody.

Offline Coop's

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #609 on: November 26, 2013, 06:12:51 PM »
     Why is it every time a club has to move somebady is always KJ?how many clubs has he played for since he in England? you all don't think if he's not moved that much and settle down with a club for two three seasons he could have been a better player? i find mentally his situations are not good for a player,the reajustments and by time he reajusts it's time to move.

Offline Dinner Mints

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #610 on: November 26, 2013, 06:36:45 PM »
     Why is it every time a club has to move somebady is always KJ?how many clubs has he played for since he in England? you all don't think if he's not moved that much and settle down with a club for two three seasons he could have been a better player? i find mentally his situations are not good for a player,the reajustments and by time he reajusts it's time to move.

He stay 3 seasons with Southampton. He stay 3 seasons with Sunderland. He dey 3 seasons with Stoke but cyah get a game for 2 of them. Might be time to spend 3 seasons elsewhere.

Offline Tiresais

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #611 on: November 27, 2013, 03:36:15 AM »
On the plus side the guy is very adaptable which must help him in fitting into the national team

Offline 100% Barataria

• aka Nachilus
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #612 on: November 27, 2013, 08:07:24 AM »
The one exception is the southam move to Sunderland, that was a promo, all others were lateral, could have easily stayed on in the championship for southam
Education is our passport for the future for the future belongs to those who prepare for it today

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #613 on: November 27, 2013, 11:37:19 AM »
Be careful of what you put out there in the Universe.  He did So'ton dirty... ironic then that they're now challenging for a Champions League spot when he can't even get a run out for a team desperate to avoid relegation.

Offline maxg

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #614 on: November 27, 2013, 12:11:52 PM »
Any news on his health fitness ?
« Last Edit: November 27, 2013, 12:14:12 PM by maxg »

Offline de_redman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #615 on: November 27, 2013, 12:24:53 PM »
St. Anthony's - Red and White stripes
Southampton - Red and White stripes
Sunderland - Red and White stripes
Stoke - Red and White stripes

Only exceptions are Joe Public and W Connection.

Offline Dinner Mints

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #616 on: November 27, 2013, 12:30:13 PM »
Be careful of what you put out there in the Universe.  He did So'ton dirty... ironic then that they're now challenging for a Champions League spot when he can't even get a run out for a team desperate to avoid relegation.
Nah, you have it wrong way. Southampton did him dirty allegedly. Somebody used to post here did know the details.

Apparently, they promised him that if a club offer above a certain amount, that they would let him talk to them. But instead when Derby, i think, make the bid, they blank them and hide it from him. Is after he find out from somebody else within the club that he went on strike.
« Last Edit: November 27, 2013, 12:32:18 PM by Dinner Mints »

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #617 on: November 27, 2013, 04:23:31 PM »
Nah, you have it wrong way. Southampton did him dirty allegedly. Somebody used to post here did know the details.

Apparently, they promised him that if a club offer above a certain amount, that they would let him talk to them. But instead when Derby, i think, make the bid, they blank them and hide it from him. Is after he find out from somebody else within the club that he went on strike.

That is nonsense talk, Kenwyne's always had an agent.  Any club interested in him would contact his agent, either just before or just after contacting his club.  So if there were such a "promise" (smells vaguely like Suarez' gripe against LFC over the summer) and another club came calling then he/his agent would have known about it.  No two ways about that... no reason for the interested club to NOT let the player know about the interest, if for no other reason, so that the player would use his leverage to get out of his existing contract.

Second, the Derby bid was no secret... at the time they were interested they made their interest known and it was public knowledge contemporaneous to actual bid itself.  Kenwyne didn't strike because they didn't let him know about the bid, he went on strike in order to force a transfer.  I said it back in 2007 I disagree in principle with the whole going on strike thing to force your way out of a contract.  To refuse to put on your club's shirt and perform your duties as agreed, simply because you want more money or to move to a 'better' team is perhaps one of the most selfish acts a professional athlete can do.  Some will argue that he is justified in being selfish and that may be true, but don't think that it doesn't affect your reputation or that there won't be repercussions for that action.
« Last Edit: November 27, 2013, 09:26:12 PM by Bakes »

Offline Sam

• Hero Warrior
  • Police face and dog heart.
    • View Profile
« Reply #618 on: November 27, 2013, 07:30:25 PM »
KJ show me he has quality.

I believe he has been bad lucky to get some kakahole managers that kill his confident. The man was inform and one or two bad games and they throw him off.

He should go to Swansea, Everton or Newcastle.

Come Lawrence, make a bid for him at Everton.

Faster than a speeding pittbull
Stronger than a shot of ba-bash
Capable of storming any fete

Offline Dinner Mints

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #619 on: November 27, 2013, 07:58:37 PM »

That is nonsense talk, Kenwyne's always had an agent.  Any club interested in him would contact his agent, either just before or just after contacting his club.  So if there were such a "promise" (smells vaguely like Suarez' gripe against LFC over the summer) and another club came calling then he/his agent would have known about it.  No two ways about that... no reason for the interested club to NOT let the player know about the interest, if for no other reason, so that the player would use his leverage to get out of his existing contract.

Second, the Derby bid was no secret... at the time they were interested they made there interest known and it was public knowledge contemporaneous to actual bid itself.  Kenwyne didn't strike because they didn't let him know about the bid, he went on strike in order to force a transfer.  I said it back in 2007 I disagree in principle with the whole going on strike thing to force your way out of a contract.  To refuse to put on your club's shirt and perform your duties as agreed, simply because you want more money or to move to a 'better' team is perhaps one of the most selfish acts a professional athlete can do.  Some will argue that he is justified in being selfish and that may be true, but don't think that it doesn't affect your reputation or that there won't be repercussions for that action.
I just telling yuh what the person close to the situation say. Redtrinigirl or somebody. I might have the specific details wrong, but it right here on the sight somewhere. Me eh searching up to look for that, though.

Regardless of specific details, the main elements of what the poster say were that Kenwyne wanted a move, Southampton made promises to him about accepting bids and they were somehow duplicitous with him when bids started coming in, so he strike.

Grain of salt or pile of salt, not saying is facts. But it come from somebody closer to things than we or the papers we got our info from.
« Last Edit: November 27, 2013, 08:00:10 PM by Dinner Mints »

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #620 on: November 27, 2013, 09:33:00 PM »
I just telling yuh what the person close to the situation say. Redtrinigirl or somebody. I might have the specific details wrong, but it right here on the sight somewhere. Me eh searching up to look for that, though.

Regardless of specific details, the main elements of what the poster say were that Kenwyne wanted a move, Southampton made promises to him about accepting bids and they were somehow duplicitous with him when bids started coming in, so he strike.

Grain of salt or pile of salt, not saying is facts. But it come from somebody closer to things than we or the papers we got our info from.

Arrite cool, I hear yuh  :beermug:  Whomever the person is they not necessarily closer to "the situation"... just closer to Kenwyne version of things.  I can't dispute that, but again, as with Suarez, any such trigger clauses have to be in writing.  Verbal promises are enforceable, but how do you prove it?  And how come we never hear anything about it in the press?  So who knows where the truth lies... but what is indisputable is that other managers would have taken note of him refusing to play for Southampton.

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #621 on: December 31, 2013, 02:22:56 PM »
The Conquering Lion of Judah shall break every chain.

Offline Dinner Mints

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #622 on: January 13, 2014, 04:42:16 PM »
Tallest doing he wuk:

Everton interested in signing Kenwyne Jones from Stoke City
Source: The Guardian UK

• Everton may offer £1m, Stoke want closer to £3 for striker
• Jones upsets Mark Hughes for not reporting for Liverpool game

Everton are interested in signing Kenwyne Jones from Stoke City and are trying to complete a deal for the striker for as little as £1m. The 29-year-old has less than six months left on his contract and Stoke would welcome the chance to move him on but the Midlands club are holding out for closer to £3m.

Jones is keen for the transfer to happen but he has upset Stoke by failing to report for Sunday's Premier League match against Liverpool at the Britannia Stadium when he would have been on the bench but his non-appearance forced Mark Hughes, the Stoke manager, to add another player to the bench.

Jones is believed to be citing personal reasons for his absence and it is understood that he sent a text message to Hughes on Saturday night to say that he would not be available. He met Hughes and Tony Scholes, Stoke's chief executive, to discuss the situation at the club's Clayton Wood training ground on Monday. When asked about Jones's omission on Sunday, Hughes would only say that the player was "unavailable".

With only six months remaining on his contract, it is inevitable that Jones will move on, either in this window or the summer. Signed from Sunderland for £8m in 2010, Jones has started only four Premier League matches this season and scored just 13 goals in the top flight during his time at the Britannia Stadium. hope to announce two signings within the next 24 hours. Stephen Ireland, who has been on loan from Aston Villa, will join on a permanent basis until the end of the season. The Ireland deal frees up a loan space for John Guidetti, Manchester City's 21-year-old Swedish striker, who will join for the remainder of the campaign.
« Last Edit: January 13, 2014, 04:45:10 PM by Tiresais »

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #623 on: January 13, 2014, 05:10:41 PM »
What Dennis Lawrence pulling rank?

Offline Tiresais

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #624 on: January 13, 2014, 05:13:48 PM »
Hope so! If not, please tell him to move to Charlton for minimal money and get us out of the relegation fight in the Championship :p

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #625 on: January 13, 2014, 05:39:57 PM »
Stoke striker Jones fined £80,000 after texting boss Hughes to say he wouldn't play against Liverpool.
By NEIL MOXLEY (UK Mail Online)

Kenwyne Jones has been fined two weeks' wages by Stoke City after texting manager Mark Hughes to say he was unavailable to play against Liverpool.

The Trinidad and Tobago striker was hit with an £80,000 penalty after failing to report for Sunday's game.
Jones, who has six months left on his contract, contacted his manager on Saturday night to say he had no intention of turning up at the Britannia Stadium.

Stoke were unsure whether he would carry through his threat but it became evident that the 29-year-old would not be playing after he failed to attend the team's pre-match meal at the club's Clayton Wood training ground.

Hughes was understandably furious and his only comment to media who enquired after the 5-3 defeat to Liverpool was that Jones had been 'unavailable'.

The manager and chief executive Tony Scholes were called to a meeting with the player and his agent after training on Monday.

Stoke, who immediately censured the striker for breach of contract after he effectively withdrew his labour, believe that Jones may have another club waiting in the wings - Everton are among his admirers.
However, a suggestion that the player ought to be allowed to write off the remainder of his deal was laughed at by club officials.

Stoke would save themselves £1million in wages but Jones would then be free to sign for someone else during the transfer window without Stoke receiving a fee.

Hughes is baffled by the whole incident, particularly as Jones played in the FA Cup defeat of Leicester City the previous week and did well.

Jones has seen his place in the side taken by Peter Crouch, who has grasped the opportunity and given himself a new lease of life in the Potteries.

But there was no indication from the management before Sunday's game that Jones would not be playing.
Hughes has no intention of allowing the forward to leave while he remains in the hunt for additional firepower. Stoke are committed to bringing in one, if not two, strikers this month.

Hughes is not going to leave himself short of options by agreeing to sanction Jones'  exit with the club  still needing to  safeguard their top flight  status during the decisive second half of the season.

« Last Edit: January 13, 2014, 05:43:41 PM by Flex »

Offline Tiresais

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #626 on: January 13, 2014, 05:45:12 PM »
Disgraceful behaviour... He's letting himself down

Offline maxg

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #627 on: January 13, 2014, 06:01:32 PM »
oh gorm...not again.. 6 months with training & pay, yuh couldn't wait ?...not like yuh was in jail guy  :yellowcard:

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #628 on: January 13, 2014, 06:47:32 PM »
KJ definitely wants out. All this pussy-footing around. Out!!!!!. The fans don't want him anyway. I don't condone that kind of behaviour, but he wants a clean break.

Offline elan

• Go On ......Get In There!!!!!!!!
  • Hero Warrior
  • WaRRioR fOr LiFe!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #629 on: January 13, 2014, 06:55:01 PM »
Mark Hughes and them something else yes......he don't understand why KJ will do that be cause he get ah lil run the other day. KJ wrong, very wrong, but don't say you don't understand. They behaving like they've been using KJ week in and week out, the man get 4 starts and 3 subs all season.

But KJ have to learn he cyah flex like that.

He should come play some college football in the MLS.
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4</a>

1]; } ?>