April 16, 2024, 09:17:22 AM

Poll

Will a Premiership side save Kenwyne when Cardiff get relegated?

Yes
6 (18.8%)
No
26 (81.3%)

Total Members Voted: 31

Author Topic: Kenwyne Jones Thread  (Read 246185 times)

Offline de_redman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Kenwyne Jones Thread
« Reply #690 on: January 18, 2014, 10:34:24 AM »
Hmm... Come on Bakes what sh!tty rebuttal you have now?

Given how far yuh head is up Kenwyne ass... you shouldn't need my help to find a "sh!tty rebuttal".
Better than Stoke f00cking my mind.

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #691 on: January 18, 2014, 10:43:33 AM »
Food for thought....but this secret footballer also states no facts, just supposition. If I wanted to sell a player who I didn't want...that guy would be the nicest, most professional guy in the game, but the coach prefers player b in his line up.  No need for Dan Brown style conspiracies. They just devalue the player and put off other clubs.

The article is nonsense... he states repeatedly that Kenwyne doesn't want to leave Stoke, when it's clear as day that Kenwyne would welcome the opportunity to move to Everton.  Not only that, but why wasn't Kenwyne at the stadium?  Did Stoke bar him from coming?  Some people just lack the ability to think for themselves.

Offline elan

• Go On ......Get In There!!!!!!!!
  • Hero Warrior
  • WaRRioR fOr LiFe!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #692 on: January 18, 2014, 11:00:56 AM »
Remember he from the land of oil and music (and now exporting coke in juice can).  The article states no facts, but he raise a valid point, lets see the text message, but hey they don't have to prove anything.........right.  ::)

How is it clear as day that KJ wants to move? Where did that come from? I know a submitted transfer request. lol
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4</a>

Offline de_redman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #693 on: January 18, 2014, 11:09:23 AM »
Food for thought....but this secret footballer also states no facts, just supposition. If I wanted to sell a player who I didn't want...that guy would be the nicest, most professional guy in the game, but the coach prefers player b in his line up.  No need for Dan Brown style conspiracies. They just devalue the player and put off other clubs.

The article is nonsense... he states repeatedly that Kenwyne doesn't want to leave Stoke, when it's clear as day that Kenwyne would welcome the opportunity to move to Everton.  Not only that, but why wasn't Kenwyne at the stadium?  Did Stoke bar him from coming?  Some people just lack the ability to think for themselves.
1. Did Kenwyne tell you he wants to leave stoke at this time? What you've failed to state is the point the author was making in reference to salary considerations. Kenwyne has a sweet deal for the next 6 months or so and wouldn't want to mess with that.
2. You don't know what kind of conversations/manipulation took place between stoke and KJ before the game. As the reference to the keeper in the article shows the club could act one way and spin it for the media and fans.

Offline g

• mr greggle71
  • Hero Warrior
  • semi match fit
    • View Profile
« Reply #694 on: January 18, 2014, 12:18:46 PM »
The truth is out there somewhere
Soca Warriors, the pride of a nation

Offline Kingk

• Hero Warrior
  • Warriors 4ever
    • View Profile
« Reply #695 on: January 18, 2014, 12:29:06 PM »
Text? What text? Kenwyne Jones, the truth
The Secret Footballer

You know, it’s funny what people will swallow. Not in the David Blaine sense but the headlines and the bullshit that fly about in this game of ours from time to time.

Pulling the wool over people’s eyes, however, is not just the preserve of Blaine and his magic circle chums. It happens in every business and football is no different.

This week, I read the reports that suggested Kenwyne Jones had sent a text message to his club informing them that he was not available for selection for Stoke City’s match against Liverpool.

Naturally, the media and the wider football community went into meltdown; even our own Secret Journalist jumped on the bandwagon: http://ow.ly/sI5h0.

Every article I read had one thing in common – none of them had a single quote from Jones. I smelt a rat but, at the time, I didn’t know the real facts. But now I do.

I wasn’t the only player who smelt a rat, either. A lot of Premier League players did, including the half dozen or so who I’ve spoken to since and who were all in agreement about one thing.

Read More...

good point no one has seen the actual text

Offline kev

• Hero Warrior
  • Lifes a bitch, then you marry one
    • View Profile
« Reply #696 on: January 18, 2014, 12:58:09 PM »
If Kenwyne didn't send a text why doesn't he just deny it?  Straight forward really.  I don't think Hughes is going to show everybody the message on his phone in the press conference.

Remember he from the land of oil and music (and now exporting coke in juice can).  The article states no facts, but he raise a valid point, lets see the text message, but hey they don't have to prove anything.........right.  ::)

How is it clear as day that KJ wants to move? Where did that come from? I know a submitted transfer request. lol

Offline Tiresais

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #697 on: January 18, 2014, 09:16:00 PM »
not sure the secret footballer has added much to the discussion - just more speculation on the topic. Something has gone awry at Stoke tho

Offline Football supporter

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #698 on: January 19, 2014, 12:12:31 AM »

1. Did Kenwyne tell you he wants to leave stoke at this time? What you've failed to state is the point the author was making in reference to salary considerations. Kenwyne has a sweet deal for the next 6 months or so and wouldn't want to mess with that.
2. You don't know what kind of conversations/manipulation took place between stoke and KJ before the game. As the reference to the keeper in the article shows the club could act one way and spin it for the media and fans.

Just playing devils advocate here, but I could fill this thread with stories of players who have been "screwed by their club" and have been guilty as sin. And another thread of stories of players who were innocent and got screwed.
I even have an instance where a player was totally guilty and I helped him screw the club because they didn't follow proper procedure. (So I kinda know how lawyers feel when they get a guilty client off on a technicality).
It is entirely possible that we will never know the truth. Did you know that every prison in the world is full of innocent people (according to the inmates!), and every sacked player was unfairly treated?
KJ is clearly not happy and perhaps Hughes or one of his staff said something that sent KJ over the edge. Whether or not KJ sent a text is immaterial. Fact is, he didn't attend the pre game meal, which is compulsory. From there, they've got you on the back foot.

Offline Preacher

• We doh smoke or drink or pop pills. When we light the mic is strickly jess skills
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #699 on: January 19, 2014, 01:07:18 AM »
not sure the secret footballer has added much to the discussion - just more speculation on the topic. Something has gone awry at Stoke tho

That's more than speculation bro.  KJ never send no txt the club lie and setting up the man.  Why you don't just come out and say YOU was quick to blast KJ without all the info?  You and your peeps are the only ones speculating here like yall don't know what does go on in real life.   scheeupps.  NEWFLASH!!!  God don't sleep.  The mark going to buss on Stoke over this and KJ moving on with his head held high. 
In Everything give thanks for this is the will of God concerning you.

Offline Tiresais

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #700 on: January 19, 2014, 05:42:24 AM »

That's more than speculation bro.  KJ never send no txt the club lie and setting up the man.  Why you don't just come out and say YOU was quick to blast KJ without all the info?  You and your peeps are the only ones speculating here like yall don't know what does go on in real life.   scheeupps.  NEWFLASH!!!  God don't sleep.  The mark going to buss on Stoke over this and KJ moving on with his head held high.

We only have this guy's word for it, but he offers no proof and doesn't back up his claim. You can't ever act on all info when it comes to this hearsay stuff, but the facts as I know them haven't changed - KJ was fined for not fulfilling his professional obligations and I don't disagree with that.

When the facts as we know them change, so will my opinion :)

Offline elan

• Hero Warrior
  • WaRRioR fOr LiFe!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #701 on: January 19, 2014, 12:22:02 PM »

We only have this guy's word for it, but he offers no proof and doesn't back up his claim. You can't ever act on all info when it comes to this hearsay stuff, but the facts as I know them haven't changed - KJ was fined for not fulfilling his professional obligations and I don't disagree with that.

What proof do you have from the club?
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4</a>

Offline Tiresais

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #702 on: January 19, 2014, 12:34:20 PM »

I know the following;

Kenwyne Jones was fined two weeks wages for failing to turn up to the Liverpool game
Kenwyne Jones has 6 months left on his contract
His contract stipulates that he should attend matches when required
Everton are reportedly interested in signing Kenwyne Jones
Kenwyne Jones has not made a formal statement about the affair to the media
Kenwyne Jones has claimed on Twitter "Don't believe everything you read in the papers", followed by "Hopefully they will speak the truth if not in time I will.". Further, he claimed that it had nothing to do with tactics, but about the club making itself look good.
There's no news either way on Kenwyne Jones' transfer status (listed or not)
Kenwyne Jones had played in the FA cup match immediately before this news story
All confirmation of this has come from an interview with Mark Hughes

The following is speculated (not by me, but these are theories);
Kenwyne Jones informed the club of his non-arrival via text
Kenwyne Jones is maneuvering for a transfer to Everton
He will move when a replacement is found for him
Mark Hughes and Stoke City are spinning the story to make Jones look bad

Given the sparse facts, I conclude that all we know for certain at this stage is that he has been fined a hefty sum of money for not turning up to the Liverpool game, which he was required to do under the terms of his contract. From this, I believe he has acted in an unprofessional manner, a professional manner demanding a fulfilment of your obligations under the terms of your contract.

Offline kev

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #703 on: January 20, 2014, 02:52:21 PM »

I know the following;

Kenwyne Jones was fined two weeks wages for failing to turn up to the Liverpool game
Kenwyne Jones has claimed on Twitter "Don't believe everything you read in the papers", followed by "Hopefully they will speak the truth if not in time I will.". Further, he claimed that it had nothing to do with tactics, but about the club making itself look good.

Given the sparse facts, I conclude that all we know for certain at this stage is that he has been fined a hefty sum of money for not turning up to the Liverpool game, which he was required to do under the terms of his contract. From this, I believe he has acted in an unprofessional manner, a professional manner demanding a fulfilment of your obligations under the terms of your contract.

Thats logic but the only problem is people like to point to things that support their viewpoint, like The Secret Footballer and all that is a journalist, no different or more believable than any other journalist.

The vast majority of football fans are fed up of mercenary footballers acting like spoiled brats, unless of course its for their team in which case they will defend the undefendable.  So most neutrals will readily believe the clubs statement. 

All Kenwyne or his agent have to do is come out and deny the story about the text,  this will then put the club on the back foot and will have to produce proof.  If this is true that the club has lied they can't do anything to Kenwyne the PFA will see to that, he will be no worse off because he will still have and be paid for the rest of his contract and he will look better to the neutrals and potential clubs.  So you have to ask yourself why he hasn't denied it, he has absolutely nothing to lose and a lot to gain by doing so.

Everton by the way are rumoured to by taking Lucina Traore on loan from Monaco, but its not like agents to put stories around to generate interest in players this time of year though is it, there might be somebody interested in Kenwyne but not necessarily Everton.

Offline Tiresais

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #704 on: January 20, 2014, 03:37:43 PM »

I know the following;

Thats logic but the only problem is people like to point to things that support their viewpoint, like The Secret Footballer and all that is a journalist, no different or more believable than any other journalist.

The vast majority of football fans are fed up of mercenary footballers acting like spoiled brats, unless of course its for their team in which case they will defend the undefendable.  So most neutrals will readily believe the clubs statement. 

All Kenwyne or his agent have to do is come out and deny the story about the text,  this will then put the club on the back foot and will have to produce proof.  If this is true that the club has lied they can't do anything to Kenwyne the PFA will see to that, he will be no worse off because he will still have and be paid for the rest of his contract and he will look better to the neutrals and potential clubs.  So you have to ask yourself why he hasn't denied it, he has absolutely nothing to lose and a lot to gain by doing so.

Everton by the way are rumoured to by taking Lucina Traore on loan from Monaco, but its not like agents to put stories around to generate interest in players this time of year though is it, there might be somebody interested in Kenwyne but not necessarily Everton.

He's currently doing a medical at Everton on a 6 month loan so it looks like if they're interested in Jones they'll wait till the summer to get him for free

Offline Mose

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #705 on: January 20, 2014, 04:19:10 PM »

I know the following;

He's currently doing a medical at Everton on a 6 month loan so it looks like if they're interested in Jones they'll wait till the summer to get him for free

Can't they sign him for free now given that his contract is up in the summer? I thought the rule was that players are available on a free transfer in January if their contract was ending the following summer.

EDIT: My bad. Got this from Wikipedia:
With six months or less remaining on an existing contract for players aged 23 or older, they are free to negotiate with other clubs and sign a pre-contract agreement, indicating their ability to move to their intended club on a Bosman transfer once the next transfer window opens.

So at this point he doesn't need to hand in a transfer request, unless he wants to leave immediately. Otherwise, he's free to negotiate with other clubs and sign with the intent to leave this summer.
« Last Edit: January 20, 2014, 04:36:33 PM by Mose »
Are you a match? It's too late for Emru, but maybe you can help save someone's life: http://www.healemru.com

Offline Sam

• Hero Warrior
  • Police face and dog heart.
    • View Profile
« Reply #706 on: January 20, 2014, 04:44:18 PM »
If KJ read this message, I say so.

Hey Jones, F00ck all of them...

You be strong and go to Everton if you get the chance and make sure you burn Stoke when you face them.

This club not playing de man so how you expect him to score or to contribute, they can't only go with training. Yea, I know KJ could improve some stuff but to me he has, de man has made a drastic turn around, give him a chance nah and stop lying on de man.

Even if he miss de team meal, ask de man why and don't assume. He must be vex anyway, any player would be vex if they not getting playing time, look Mata vex too, its kills a player confidence and career.

KJ, you work hard and show them bro, to hell with Stoke and especially de coach, he days numbered too.

KJ would score more but the coach kill his confidence.

Stephen Hart is de only man who really make KJ play to his true potential.

« Last Edit: January 20, 2014, 04:46:50 PM by Sam »
Faster than a speeding pittbull
Stronger than a shot of ba-bash
Capable of storming any fete

Offline Tiresais

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #707 on: January 20, 2014, 04:54:39 PM »
I really hope Jones goes to Everton and gets game time, he's a good player and vital for our progression.

In terms of the pre-contract - that's the Bosman rule in action right there. He can sign that pre-contract agreement anytime, but obviously he wont move till the summer. I'm sure his agent is in no hurry to sign a pre-contract and will be going around drumming interest. Don't be surprised if he goes abroad for big money to a place like Turkey - he's surely good enough to get serious top dollar

Offline kev

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #708 on: January 21, 2014, 01:44:47 PM »

I know the following;

Can't they sign him for free now given that his contract is up in the summer? I thought the rule was that players are available on a free transfer in January if their contract was ending the following summer.

EDIT: My bad. Got this from Wikipedia:
With six months or less remaining on an existing contract for players aged 23 or older, they are free to negotiate with other clubs and sign a pre-contract agreement, indicating their ability to move to their intended club on a Bosman transfer once the next transfer window opens.

So at this point he doesn't need to hand in a transfer request, unless he wants to leave immediately. Otherwise, he's free to negotiate with other clubs and sign with the intent to leave this summer.

My understanding is he is free to talk to foreign clubs from January and sign pre contract - thats prem rules in case he signs contract for one and ends up playing against them (I think).

I doubt anybody in the prem will pay him top dollar with the new FFP, as mentioned Turkey / Middle East / Russian with low tax.

Offline Tiresais

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #709 on: January 21, 2014, 03:46:55 PM »
He can't move till the Summer, but may sign pre-contract deals. If he wants to move immediately he needs a transfer, but submitting a transfer request might undermine "loyalty" agreements and bonuses he might be entitled to if he goes till the end of his contract without asking for one

Offline elan

• Hero Warrior
  • WaRRioR fOr LiFe!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #710 on: January 24, 2014, 11:47:15 PM »
Jones could return to face Chelsea.
By Ian Edwards (soccernet)

The striker has not featured in manager Mark Hughes' squad since he sent a text on the eve of the recent 5-3 home defeat to Liverpool to say he was unavailable for selection.

Trinidad and Tobago international Jones was fined two weeks wages -- around £80,000 -- and left out of the squad for last weekend's 1-0 defeat at Crystal Palace, but has been training with the rest of the group this week.

Hughes said: "At the time, I was not happy with what happened. We have discussed a few things, and he knows the situation and the club's feelings on the issue.

"The club is aware of the player's feelings as well. He has trained correctly since. He has shown he wants to do things right and be professional, and he is available for selection.

"There has been no problem with the group. The group is a good group, and there would have been a reaction if Kenwyne had not applied himself and approached things in the right way.

"Nothing has happened with Kenwyne in terms of the transfer market. You never know how things might develop for the rest of the window, but at the moment we cannot afford to let him go out because that would weaken us."

Hughes also made it clear that Peter Crouch would not be allowed to join Queens Park Rangers this month, and said he was hopeful loan signing John Guidetti would be available at Stamford Bridge despite missing Friday training because of illness.

"We will have to wait and see how he is," he said. "Hopefully, it will be a 24-hour thing. I wanted to give him some game time and see whether he can show he can do the things we want him to and score goals for us."

« Last Edit: January 25, 2014, 05:24:48 AM by Flex »

Offline kev

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #711 on: January 25, 2014, 05:18:35 AM »
Swap deal with Cardiff for Odemwingie is on the cards

Offline 100% Barataria

• aka Nachilus
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #712 on: January 25, 2014, 06:57:58 AM »

Saw that on mirror, is it posted elsewhere?
Education is our passport for the future for the future belongs to those who prepare for it today

Offline Dinner Mints

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Cory Thomas: Illustration and Design
« Reply #713 on: January 25, 2014, 10:00:53 AM »
Starting to look like this might be for real. KJ clearing out his locker. Odemwingie in town.
« Last Edit: January 25, 2014, 10:06:50 AM by Dinner Mints »

Offline rotatopoti3

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #714 on: January 25, 2014, 10:29:16 AM »
http://www.walesonline.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/cardiff-city-set-sign-manchester-6593684

OGS go sign him. Look like Yorkie call him and say give KJ ah bligh
Ah say it, how ah see it

Offline Peong

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #715 on: January 25, 2014, 12:48:21 PM »
Cardiff are bottom but are 1 pt away from getting out the relegation zone.
It would be nice if Jones can take Cardiff above Stoke but things really not lookin good for Cardiff City.
That has to be a hard decision to go there.

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #716 on: January 25, 2014, 01:00:06 PM »
STOKE CITY can confirm it has reached an agreement with Cardiff City over a move for striker Peter Odemwingie that will see Kenwyne Jones head to South Wales in a player-exchange transfer.

The deal is subject to both players passing medicals and agreeing personal terms but the Potters hope to conclude their move for the Nigerian international over the weekend.

http://www.stokecityfc.com/news/article/transfer-update-1315611.aspx
The Conquering Lion of Judah shall break every chain.

Offline Tiresais

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #717 on: January 25, 2014, 01:08:41 PM »
STOKE CITY can confirm it has reached an agreement with Cardiff City over a move for striker Peter Odemwingie that will see Kenwyne Jones head to South Wales in a player-exchange transfer.

The deal is subject to both players passing medicals and agreeing personal terms but the Potters hope to conclude their move for the Nigerian international over the weekend.

http://www.stokecityfc.com/news/article/transfer-update-1315611.aspx

Good deal for Cardiff, no idea why Stoke would want Odemwingie - no respect for him and his 'driving to London to force a move' antics

Offline ckhan

• Hero Warrior
  • Pay Forward
    • View Profile
« Reply #718 on: January 25, 2014, 01:19:27 PM »
Here's to a fresh start kj. Leave the nonsense at Stoke on Trent and enjoy the sights and sounds of Cardiff.  :beermug:
If a free society cannot help the many who are poor it cannot save the few who are rich.

- John F. Kennedy

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #719 on: January 25, 2014, 01:29:11 PM »
« Last Edit: January 25, 2014, 01:53:03 PM by Flex »
The Conquering Lion of Judah shall break every chain.

1]; } ?>