April 19, 2024, 04:46:10 AM

Poll

Will a Premiership side save Kenwyne when Cardiff get relegated?

Yes
6 (18.8%)
No
26 (81.3%)

Total Members Voted: 31

Author Topic: Kenwyne Jones Thread  (Read 246483 times)

Offline Dinner Mints

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Cory Thomas: Illustration and Design
Re: Kenwyne Jones Thread
« Reply #720 on: January 25, 2014, 01:58:03 PM »
no respect for him and his 'driving to London to force a move' antics
Didn't it eventually come out that he was told to come down there? I forget by whom. But he was apparently there under the impression that it was a done deal, not trying to force a move.

Kenwyne and Campbell potentially a good link up, though. Any side could go down out of that bottom 10. Palace went from rock bottom to 16th in no time. So not a bad move. just a risky one.

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #721 on: January 25, 2014, 03:43:29 PM »
Didn't it eventually come out that he was told to come down there? I forget by whom. But he was apparently there under the impression that it was a done deal, not trying to force a move.

Yes, it would be a bizarre way to try and force a transfer.  At any rate, I rate Odemwingie.

Offline maxg

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #722 on: January 25, 2014, 05:15:24 PM »
plenty wuk ahead to stay a EPL player

Offline Peong

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #723 on: January 25, 2014, 05:45:34 PM »
So what would happen if Jones does not agree personal terms at this point?

Offline trini_stallion

• Hero Warrior
  • soca in mih veins, soca in mih blood...
    • View Profile
« Reply #724 on: January 25, 2014, 05:51:39 PM »
Cardiff jed...wham to everton...o swansea....dotishness yes
Soca in mih vein, Soca in meh blood
Soca in yuh vein, Soca in blood,
Soca in we vein, Soca in we blood,
It's a heart of love, can't deny soca, cuz its good fuh de soul...
Trinidad and Tobago jump up now!

Offline fitzinho

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Re: Kenwyne Jones Thread
« Reply #725 on: January 25, 2014, 06:15:23 PM »
So what would happen if Jones does not agree personal terms at this point?
very good question... Correct me if I'm wrong but didn't Yorke crash a transfer out of Man U by refusing to agree terms with Middleborough?

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #726 on: January 25, 2014, 06:21:09 PM »
Think it through... the transfer fee is what's paid to secure the RIGHT to negotiate with the player.  You still have to personally negotiate a contract with the player.  So no contract signed, then obviously the transfer is off.  It might help to not think in terms of "trading" a player.

Offline Peong

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #727 on: January 25, 2014, 06:30:54 PM »
As in: how would Hughes and the rest of management react? Suck it up and include Jones in the squad for the rest of the season or get vex and ship him off to youth team training.
Last season it happened to Malouda at Chelsea, U-21 training all season long.
Maybe it would be different for Jones since it's halfway through the season.

Offline FF

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #728 on: January 25, 2014, 06:43:42 PM »

You really think Jones up to that level?
THE BEATINGS WILL CONTINUE UNTIL MORALE IMPROVES

Offline grimm01

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #729 on: January 25, 2014, 07:07:05 PM »

lol, Crouch keeping him on the bench but he going Everton to run up minutes at Lukaku expense?

Cardiff have a long road to hoe to stay in the EPL so he have plenty incentive to knock in the goals; score and they stay up - he is the hero, score and they go down - he could get a cut-price transfer when Cardiff cutting expenses.

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #730 on: January 25, 2014, 07:23:15 PM »
As in: how would Hughes and the rest of management react? Suck it up and include Jones in the squad for the rest of the season or get vex and ship him off to youth team training.

There's nothing to suck up, Stoke didn't try to run him is he try to force a transfer.  Reports in the British press are that Hughes had intended to play him against Chelsea in the FA Cup.  So clearly they'd carry on as they have all season.

Offline g

• mr greggle71
  • Hero Warrior
  • semi match fit
    • View Profile
« Reply #731 on: January 25, 2014, 07:31:43 PM »
Well once the deal goes through he will get a run of prob 10 games or so. We'll see if he can lead Cardiff into safety.
Soca Warriors, the pride of a nation

Offline Peong

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #732 on: January 25, 2014, 08:47:54 PM »

There's nothing to suck up, Stoke didn't try to run him is he try to force a transfer. Reports in the British press are that Hughes had intended to play him against Chelsea in the FA Cup.  So clearly they'd carry on as they have all season.

The quote I saw was that he was available for selection, the reporter's headline about him returning vs Chelsea was pure speculation based on the quote.  British press does report real shit when they ready.

Solskjaer might be able to teach KJ a couple things about positioning. 
Whatever happens I hope it works out for KJ.
« Last Edit: January 25, 2014, 08:50:13 PM by Peong »

Offline de_redman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #733 on: January 25, 2014, 10:09:57 PM »

There's nothing to suck up, Stoke didn't try to run him is he try to force a transfer.  Reports in the British press are that Hughes had intended to play him against Chelsea in the FA Cup.  So clearly they'd carry on as they have all season.

Wtf  ??? ??? ??? Any intelligence I thought you had just went out the window...

Offline Tiresais

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #734 on: January 26, 2014, 02:22:22 AM »
Never trust a word in the Daily Mail, the rest are nearly as bad. Guardian and Independent are probably the 'most' worth your trust for footy news, but the whole bunch are pretty bad. Football365.com is where I go for news and analysis personally.

Offline g

• mr greggle71
  • Hero Warrior
  • semi match fit
    • View Profile
Kenwyne Jones Thread
« Reply #735 on: January 26, 2014, 02:42:16 AM »
Wheys, I dreamt that I was KJ strike partner for Cardiff on his debut. D man score in d first half even though the keeper could have saved the shot and the game finish 1 nil. I missed a sitter and was subbed mid second half
Soca Warriors, the pride of a nation

Offline kev

• Hero Warrior
  • Lifes a bitch, then you marry one
    • View Profile
« Reply #736 on: January 26, 2014, 04:48:08 AM »
Here's to a fresh start kj. Leave the nonsense at Stoke on Trent and enjoy the sights and sounds of Cardiff.  :beermug:

Never been to Cardiff, have you  ;D

Offline boss

• Hero Warrior
  • When I grow up I want to be Dennis Lawrence
    • View Profile
« Reply #737 on: January 26, 2014, 06:08:32 AM »
Wheys, I dreamt that I was KJ strike partner for Cardiff on his debut. D man score in d first half even though the keeper could have saved the shot and the game finish 1 nil. I missed a sitter and was subbed mid second half

???  :rotfl:

Offline de_redman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #738 on: January 26, 2014, 06:45:24 AM »
It would be kinda sad if KJ moves to the last placed team in the prem and sits on the bench behind Frazier Campbell  :banginghead:

Offline Bitter

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #739 on: January 26, 2014, 08:30:03 AM »
It would be kinda sad if KJ moves to the last placed team in the prem and sits on the bench behind Frazier Campbell  :banginghead:

Yeah, but at least we won't have to watch Stoke any more. Plus he will break the red stripe jersey thing he have going on.
Bitter is a supercalifragilistic tic-tac-pro

Offline Dinner Mints

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Cory Thomas: Illustration and Design
« Reply #740 on: January 26, 2014, 08:38:14 AM »
Bench is ok. The problem at Stoke is that he was glued to it, watching the people ahead of him fail. Cardiff didn't bring him in to sit down, so more than likely he'll be part of a fair rotation.
« Last Edit: January 26, 2014, 08:41:36 AM by Dinner Mints »

Offline ckhan

• Hero Warrior
  • Pay Forward
    • View Profile
« Reply #741 on: January 26, 2014, 09:32:45 AM »
Here's to a fresh start kj. Leave the nonsense at Stoke on Trent and enjoy the sights and sounds of Cardiff.  :beermug:

Lol...Actually, I have. Its not Bath by anymeans but it can hold its own.
« Last Edit: January 26, 2014, 10:20:11 AM by Tallman »
If a free society cannot help the many who are poor it cannot save the few who are rich.

- John F. Kennedy

Offline kev

• Hero Warrior
  • Lifes a bitch, then you marry one
    • View Profile
« Reply #742 on: January 26, 2014, 11:58:26 AM »

Lol...Actually, I have. Its not Bath by anymeans but it can hold its own.

I was only joking tbf as you noticed. OGS 4th signing the rest have been from where he came from.  Another nutter of a foreign owner.

Offline Dynamite Warrior

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #743 on: January 26, 2014, 12:46:56 PM »

lol, Crouch keeping him on the bench but he going Everton to run up minutes at Lukaku expense?

Cardiff have a long road to hoe to stay in the EPL so he have plenty incentive to knock in the goals; score and they stay up - he is the hero, score and they go down - he could get a cut-price transfer when Cardiff cutting expenses.

This

Offline Peong

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #744 on: January 26, 2014, 06:50:43 PM »
[/b]

That sound like the g I know!!! haha

Offline Mose

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #745 on: January 27, 2014, 12:11:09 PM »
Anybody familiar with the system Cardiff is playing under OGS? Any opinions on how Kenwyne would/could fit into their style/system of play? I ask because I'm afraid that if they intend to use him primarily as a hold up the ball, win headers type of center forward it's likely to be more of the same.
Are you a match? It's too late for Emru, but maybe you can help save someone's life: http://www.healemru.com

Offline Peong

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #746 on: January 27, 2014, 12:23:31 PM »
Look like Cardiff also getting Fabio from Man U.

http://www.bbc.com/sport/0/football/25903634

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Tell us the truth then Kenwyne Jones?
« Reply #747 on: January 27, 2014, 01:00:58 PM »
By Martin Spinks (The Sentinel)

NOW that he's swapping Stoke City for Cardiff City, perhaps Kenwyne Jones will be good enough to give his version of events.

He has hinted at the fact he was hard done by over his failure to play against Liverpool just over a fortnight ago by recently tweeting that he didn't go on strike.

That appears to fly in the face of the club's account - admittedly given off the record, but endorsed publicly by Mark Hughes - that Jones made himself unavailable for the game because of grievances over his future.

Clubs are not averse to spinning stories dramatically in their favour whenever a player is about to leave in any kind of controversial circumstance.

And the Secret Footballer - the mysterious Guardian columnist - went as far as to say that he had been reliably informed that Stoke's version was poppycock.

Well, if there was a yarn being spun by the club to undermine Jones, it was an over-elaborate one.

Surely to goodness the lie would not have gone into as much detail as to say that Jones had texted Hughes the night before the game?

Or that Hughes had texted him back to insist he report for duty against Liverpool?

It is not enough for Jones to hint at a lie being told, let's have his story in full and on the record.

If there was a text, but it was misinterpreted at the time, then let's have the nuts and bolts.

Then everyone can judge for themselves and the club can answer back if an answer is required.

The problem for Jones at this end, perhaps, is that supporters could be reluctant to believe anything he says because of the reputation he leaves behind.

And that is of a player who could have/should have given so much more from his locker during his three-and-a-half years at the Britannia.

His unfulfilled potential was not all his own fault, of course, but plenty at this end will say a generous percentage was down to the player himself.
« Last Edit: January 27, 2014, 01:13:35 PM by Tallman »
The Conquering Lion of Judah shall break every chain.

Offline elan

• Go On ......Get In There!!!!!!!!
  • Hero Warrior
  • WaRRioR fOr LiFe!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #748 on: January 27, 2014, 01:19:46 PM »
By Martin_Spinks (The Sentinel)

NOW that he's swapping Stoke City for Cardiff City, perhaps Kenwyne Jones will be good enough to give his version of events.

He has hinted at the fact he was hard done by over his failure to play against Liverpool just over a fortnight ago by recently tweeting that he didn't go on strike.

That appears to fly in the face of the club's account - admittedly given off the record, but endorsed publicly by Mark Hughes - that Jones made himself unavailable for the game because of grievances over his future.

Clubs are not averse to spinning stories dramatically in their favour whenever a player is about to leave in any kind of controversial circumstance.

And the Secret Footballer - the mysterious Guardian columnist - went as far as to say that he had been reliably informed that Stoke's version was poppycock.

Well, if there was a yarn being spun by the club to undermine Jones, it was an over-elaborate one.

Surely to goodness the lie would not have gone into as much detail as to say that Jones had texted Hughes the night before the game?

Or that Hughes had texted him back to insist he report for duty against Liverpool?

It is not enough for Jones to hint at a lie being told, let's have his story in full and on the record.

If there was a text, but it was misinterpreted at the time, then let's have the nuts and bolts.

Then everyone can judge for themselves and the club can answer back if an answer is required.

The problem for Jones at this end, perhaps, is that supporters could be reluctant to believe anything he says because of the reputation he leaves behind.

And that is of a player who could have/should have given so much more from his locker during his three-and-a-half years at the Britannia.

His unfulfilled potential was not all his own fault, of course, but plenty at this end will say a generous percentage was down to the player himself.

More  :bs: from the English media.

Why not put the same questions to Hughes or Stoke?  :bs: Over the 3 years it was KJ fault that he did not do more? What walk on the field? They played Crouch injured over KJ? How the hell it is his fault that he did not play more? You can only do so much. Look at Malouda with Chelsea.

Pogba 'disgusted' by Fergie selection

Paul Pogba said he left Manchester United because he was “disgusted” Sir Alex Ferguson picked a right-back ahead of him in midfield and revealed it caused the breakdown of his relationship with the former manager.

The France international, who signed for Juventus when his contract at Old Trafford ran out in 2012, has been scouted by David Moyes this month but spoke critically of United in a Canal + documentary about him called L'Incontournable and said he had no regrets about joining the Serie A champions.

Pogba, 20, never started a first-team game in England but thought he should have figured in the December 2011 clash against Blackburn, which was on Ferguson’s 70th birthday.

The Scot had omitted Wayne Rooney, Jonny Evans and Darron Gibson after a night out and, lacking three injured central defenders, played Michael Carrick in the back four and selected a new central-midfield partnership of right-back Rafael da Silva and Park Ji-sung.

And Pogba told Canal+: “It was a very, very difficult moment for me because I was in love with Manchester and I was a Mancunian.

"It was the match against Blackburn in December 2011 at Old Trafford.

"Paul Scholes had retired, Darren Fletcher was injured. There was no one left to play in midfield. And I was training and I was beginning to get better bit by bit and the coach never stopped telling me, 'You're this far'.

"And I didn't understand. This far away from what? Playing? From having some playing time? From getting on the field? Or what?

"And there was Rafael in midfield and I was disgusted. I was disgusted and I didn't get on either."

United lost 3-2 to Blackburn with Pogba remaining an unused substitute and he said that day convinced him to leave Old Trafford.

He added: "I'd lost that thing, that relation that I had with the coach. I was really disappointed, really disappointed.

"I was pushed. My eyes were opened. I'd made this decision to sign with Juventus. There was nothing to regret."
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4</a>

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Kenwyne Jones is just the kind of player Cardiff City need to stay up
« Reply #749 on: January 27, 2014, 01:30:15 PM »
Kenwyne Jones is just the kind of player Cardiff City need to stay up
By Nathan Blake (Wales Online)

As a fully paid up member of the strikers’ union I have to say Kenwyne Jones is an excellent signing for Cardiff City.

I actually think I said it earlier in the season that he was exactly the kind of player that Cardiff needed and I believe his goals could well prove the difference between the Bluebirds staying up and going down.

He is the kind of player we have been crying out for this season, a target man, capable of holding the ball up and he gives us a extra string to our bow.

I think when he is playing a lot more the game is going to be played in the oppositions’ final third rather than our final third.

He’s great at holding the ball up and providing little flick-ons.

The likes of Jordon Mutch and Craig Noone are really going to prosper with Jones in the side.

We can mix things up a bit now.

If we want to play it through midfield we can, but if we want to go long, with someone like Jones in the side, you can do that knowing he’s going to do his best to get on the end of it and do something with the ball.

I like the look of the guy. I don’t know Jones personally, but on the pitch he strikes me as a man’s man, the type of guy not afraid of very much.

It’s a good thing. He needs a fresh start and the Bluebirds need someone to put the ball in the net. It could be a match made in heaven. I most certainly hope so.

The arrival of Jones though should in no way detract from the excellent job Fraizer Campbell has been doing for the Bluebirds.

His signing for £650,000 has to be one of the best pieces of business former manager Malky Mackay did whilst he was in charge.

I dread to think what shape Cardiff would be in right now without Campbell, the guy has been immense.

For his work-rate I’d give Campbell nine out of ten and when it comes to finishing I’d give him a seven. He’s about at a 60 to 70 per cent conversion rate right now and that is pretty good going by anybody’s standards.

If Campbell can keep scoring and Jones could chip in with ten goals between now and the end of the season that would go a long way to ensuring City stay up.
The Conquering Lion of Judah shall break every chain.

1]; } ?>