April 27, 2024, 08:28:19 AM

Poll

Will a Premiership side save Kenwyne when Cardiff get relegated?

Yes
6 (18.8%)
No
26 (81.3%)

Total Members Voted: 31

Author Topic: Kenwyne Jones Thread  (Read 247916 times)

Offline FF

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Kenwyne Jones Thread
« Reply #750 on: January 27, 2014, 04:29:41 PM »
Cardiff sign Fabio and Jones, close on Zaha
By Rex Gowar (Reuters)

LONDON, Jan 27 (Reuters) - Cardiff City have signed Manchester United's Brazilian left back Fabio and Stoke City striker Kenwyne Jones, the Premier League club's manager Ole Gunnar Solskjaer said on Monday.

Cardiff also hope to recruit Manchester United winger Wilfried Zaha on loan before the end of the transfer window on Friday.

"Fabio and Kenwyne will join training today. I have just met them downstairs and that is more or less done," Solskjaer told a news conference in Manchester before the Premier League game against United on Tuesday.

Norwegian Solskjaer, who took over at Cardiff this month, said the Zaha deal was not yet finalized.

"We hope to get that done in the next 24 hours or so, so he can be ready for the weekend," the former Manchester United striker said.

Cardiff have slipped to the bottom of the table and are in danger of relegation following their promotion to the Premier League for the first time last year.

« Last Edit: January 27, 2014, 04:35:14 PM by Flex »
THE BEATINGS WILL CONTINUE UNTIL MORALE IMPROVES

Offline FF

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #751 on: January 27, 2014, 04:35:19 PM »
Kenwyne Jones after training this afternoon

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
« Reply #752 on: January 28, 2014, 03:11:40 AM »
Stoke City: We called the shots over Kenwyne Jones exit, insists chairman Peter Coates
By The Sentinel.

STOKE City chairman Peter Coates insists the club was not held to ransom by Kenwyne Jones over his desire to quit the Britannia Stadium.

Jones brought the issue of his future into the headlines when refusing to make himself available for the game against Liverpool on January 12, a move for which he was fined two week's wages.

Jones eventually got his way when Stoke agreed to the swap deal that will take him to Cardiff City and bring Peter Odemwingie in the opposite direction.

But Coates last night denied that the Trinidad and Tobago striker had profited from his action.

He said: "That's not the case. The fact is he could have gone at the end of the season because he is out of contract, but this deal looked like a sensible opportunity for us.

"I wouldn't like to think there was any circumstance where a player would think he can get his way by not playing for any football club."

Coates reiterated the club's intention to continue pursuing viable deals before the transfer window slams shut at 11pm on Friday.

And that could yet leave the door ajar for Sunderland's Lee Cattermole after Stoke's timely visit to Wearside tomorrow evening.

"If there are good deals to be done that will improve us," he stressed, "then we will try to do them, but they don't come easy."

Meanwhile, Coates defended Stoke's players against the widespread criticism coming their way in the wake of Sunday's tame FA Cup exit at Chelsea.

He said: "I think there has to be a reality check here. What people have to understand is that we were playing a top European side on their own ground and where they rarely lose.

"They have some terrific players, paid us respect by putting out a very strong team, yet our goalkeeper actually only had one excellent save to make.

"The only goal came from a dead-ball situation, and in fact you could argue that the award of the free-kick harsh, but it was a great free-kick."

Stoke resume their league programme with a proverbial "six-pointer" at Sunderland when they will be desperate to improve a run of just two points from the last 27 available on the road.

Coates conceded the pressure was on, but added: "That's what the players are there for and there's no reason why they can't handle it. That's football and that's sport. You have to take the pressure and if you can't you won't be successful."

Charlie Adam and Glenn Whelan are expected to return for Stephen Ireland and Wilson Palacios respectively, while Oussama Assaidi will fancy his chances of replacing Marko Arnautovic on the wing.

STOKE City's Premier League game at Aston Villa has been moved back 24 hours after the game was chosen for television coverage. They will now make the trip on Sunday, March 23 (4pm).

The real measure of a man's character is what he would do if he knew he would never be found out.

Offline elan

• Go On ......Get In There!!!!!!!!
  • Hero Warrior
  • WaRRioR fOr LiFe!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #753 on: January 28, 2014, 10:52:09 AM »
I hope Stoke get relegated. These people sounding real childish boy. Now they "laughing and pointing fingers at Jones."    :cursing:
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4</a>

Offline FF

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #754 on: January 28, 2014, 10:56:35 AM »
Look a man vex already... like Jones really had the patience of Job.

John Guidetti angry at lack of action with Stoke City after loan move
UK Guardian

John Guidetti, on loan from Manchester City to Stoke City, has expressed frustration about his lack of football under Mark Hughes and said the club will "have a problem" if he is left out of their next game, at Sunderland on Wednesday.

Guidetti, desperate to resurrect his career after a freakish illness ruled him out for the best part of two years, admitted being angry he had been an unused substitute in Stoke's FA Cup defeat at Chelsea on Sunday.

The 21-year-old Swede was a 79th-minute substitute in their game at Crystal Palace the previous weekend and told the Swedish newspaper Expressen: "It's been two games and we haven't scored. What is the worst that can happen [if I came on], that I don't score, or … ? We have to see what it is like for the next game, otherwise we have a problem."

Guidetti had missed training towards the end of last week because of a stomach complaint but said he was ready to play. "You are a bit angry [when you are left out]. I feel really good and the training sessions have been as good as they could have been. I had a stomach bug, I woke up on the Thursday with something to do with my stomach. So I hadn't trained since Thursday. But still, I travelled [to Stamford Bridge].

"I know what's in his [Hughes's] mind, that it is about the stomach, that I haven't trained. I can understand that a little bit. But I got a lot of positive feedback after the last game. That felt good. I had minutes against Crystal Palace and everyone thought I did bloody well. Then you think you are going to get the chance again. If we'd been banging in the goals you maybe could understand it.

"It is a cup tie. It doesn't matter if we concede another goal. I thought it was a little … you're angry, I don't really understand it. I feel really good otherwise, training has been going really well. Then it is difficult to do anything when you don't get to play."

Offline Sando

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #755 on: January 28, 2014, 11:39:16 AM »
I dont curse, but F Mark Hughes and Stoke and their bosses. I hope they get relageted.

Mark Hughes days numbered anyway.

Why did they get rid of Tony Pulis when Hughes is no better.

Offline Dinner Mints

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Cory Thomas: Illustration and Design
« Reply #756 on: January 28, 2014, 11:47:38 AM »
Why did they get rid of Tony Pulis when Hughes is no better.
The results ain't no better, but they nicer on the eyes now.

Online Peong

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #757 on: January 28, 2014, 12:45:02 PM »
After today the next 5 games are Norwich, Swansea, Villa, Wigan, and Hull City.
Chance to put in some work against mediocre defenses and pick up points.

Saturday 19th April 2014 Cardiff vs Stoke  I hope KJ scores a hattrick.

Offline elan

• Hero Warrior
  • WaRRioR fOr LiFe!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #758 on: January 28, 2014, 12:48:50 PM »
These guys don't know how to manage players. They apparently think that the coach/manager is always right and you're the player so you just have to chill because "we paying you". These managers forget that yuh still dealing with big men.

Fortune 500 companies does pay they employees big money and still invest loads of finances in motivating and keeping moral up with employees.
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4</a>

Offline elan

• Hero Warrior
  • WaRRioR fOr LiFe!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #759 on: January 28, 2014, 02:32:04 PM »
Whooo....Cardiff players dumb as rocks.  :o  >:(

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #760 on: January 28, 2014, 03:06:24 PM »
I hope Stoke get relegated. These people sounding real childish boy. Now they "laughing and pointing fingers at Jones."    :cursing:

You need to relax, settle down and step back from the situation sometimes dred.  Peter Coates is ah imps, no doubt, but the club has to come out and take the position they have lest any player feel he could similarly go on strike to force a move.  They have to claim that they were the ones in charge all along and that KJ didn't force anything.  Additionally, he's right that the club benefited, instead of a malcontent player buried on the bench they get a couple million pounds for him, whereas had he stayed until August they would have gotten nothing but more headache.  Nothing at all offensive in what he said.

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Kenwyne Jones gone from Stoke City, but not forgotten
« Reply #761 on: January 28, 2014, 04:26:52 PM »
By Pete Smith (The Sentinel)

KENWYNE Jones needed to deliver the goods to match his words after talking so candidly about Stoke City’s changing philosophies this season.

He was just establishing himself as Stoke’s number one striker for the first time since Peter Crouch joined the club when he was chosen to front a community visit to Newstead Primary School, in Blurton, back in September.

The Trinidad and Tobago captain, who had started the previous four games, played basketball with the kids ... then spoke openly about how he thought Tony Pulis’s “hit and hope sky football” had been holding him and the side back.

Jones, who rubber-stamped a move to Cardiff City today, said he felt liberated by Pulis’s departure, but could not then back that up with goals in the Premier League under Mark Hughes.

Now 29, he has not scored in his past 21 games in the top flight.

He has never scored in 31 league sub appearances and – after again falling firmly behind Crouch in the pecking order – Hughes must have wondered if he was suitable for a main task of being a game changer from the bench.

Either way, his place in the squad became untenable when he made himself unavailable to play against Liverpool earlier this month.

It gave a whole new meaning to his tag-line of being “unplayable on his day”.

“For the dumb ones out there, I was never on strike,” he later wrote on Twitter as he left the Potteries, without filling in any of the obvious blanks.

In fact his exit had seemed on the cards at the start of last season when there were rumours of £5m bids from Turkey.

And at the end of the campaign it looked like his time was up when he was dropped from the squad to take on Southampton after a changing room prank gone wrong involving a pig’s head and smashed car windscreen.

Yet the turbulence of his long farewell is at odds to his first year at the Brit after re-joining for a club record, and complicated, £8m package from Sunderland.

He had given a glimpse of his natural powers as a 20-year-old on loan from Southampton under Pulis in 2005, having spent most of youth career as a defender or defensive midfielder.

And, upon his return, he had bulked into a beast of a front man who linked up superbly with Jon Walters, Jermaine Pennant and Matthew Etherington to back flip all the way to the 2011 FA Cup final.

“We have had all these stories about us being underdogs, boring, not so good and whatever,” he told The Sentinel as he tried to pinpoint the secret of that success.

“But we have the sort of club where everyone helps out. Everyone works hard and everyone goes out there and works for each other.”

Jones was the spearhead as Stoke ventured into the Europa League at the start of his second season, but then came Crouch, taking his record-signing tag and his regular slot in the traditional number nine slot.

He had scored 10 league goals in the 13 months before Crouch’s arrival ... and would only score three in the two-and-a-half years after – all in a single fortnight while Crouch was sidelined with a facial injury in December 2012.

The two strikers will now finally have a chance to get on the pitch at the same time ... when Stoke take on Cardiff on April 19.

KENWYNE JONES'S PREMIER LEAGUE STATISTICS AT STOKE CITY
2010/11: 33 (+1 sub) apps, nine goals
2011/12: 10 (+11) apps, one goal
2012/13: 10 (+16) apps, three goals
2013/14: Four (+3) apps, no goals
The Conquering Lion of Judah shall break every chain.

Offline elan

• Hero Warrior
  • WaRRioR fOr LiFe!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #762 on: January 28, 2014, 08:56:25 PM »

You need to relax, settle down and step back from the situation sometimes dred.  Peter Coates is ah imps, no doubt, but the club has to come out and take the position they have lest any player feel he could similarly go on strike to force a move.  They have to claim that they were the ones in charge all along and that KJ didn't force anything.  Additionally, he's right that the club benefited, instead of a malcontent player buried on the bench they get a couple million pounds for him, whereas had he stayed until August they would have gotten nothing but more headache.  Nothing at all offensive in what he said.

That's all  :bs: Bakes.

We wish to say thank you to KJ for his time here at Stoke and we wish him the best in the future.

Nah but he come like ah panty man trying to one up KJ. Let them rock so. If KJ had said that he would have been the immature, good for nothing selfish lazy island boy.

Offline elan

• Hero Warrior
  • WaRRioR fOr LiFe!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #763 on: January 28, 2014, 09:01:23 PM »
By Pete Smith (The Sentinel)

KENWYNE Jones needed to deliver the goods to match his words after talking so candidly about Stoke City’s changing philosophies this season.

He was just establishing himself as Stoke’s number one striker for the first time since Peter Crouch joined the club when he was chosen to front a community visit to Newstead Primary School, in Blurton, back in September.

The Trinidad and Tobago captain, who had started the previous four games, played basketball with the kids ... then spoke openly about how he thought Tony Pulis’s “hit and hope sky football” had been holding him and the side back.

Jones, who rubber-stamped a move to Cardiff City today, said he felt liberated by Pulis’s departure, but could not then back that up with goals in the Premier League under Mark Hughes.

Now 29, he has not scored in his past 21 games in the top flight.

He has never scored in 31 league sub appearances and – after again falling firmly behind Crouch in the pecking order – Hughes must have wondered if he was suitable for a main task of being a game changer from the bench.

Either way, his place in the squad became untenable when he made himself unavailable to play against Liverpool earlier this month.

It gave a whole new meaning to his tag-line of being “unplayable on his day”.

“For the dumb ones out there, I was never on strike,” he later wrote on Twitter as he left the Potteries, without filling in any of the obvious blanks.

In fact his exit had seemed on the cards at the start of last season when there were rumours of £5m bids from Turkey.

And at the end of the campaign it looked like his time was up when he was dropped from the squad to take on Southampton after a changing room prank gone wrong involving a pig’s head and smashed car windscreen.

Yet the turbulence of his long farewell is at odds to his first year at the Brit after re-joining for a club record, and complicated, £8m package from Sunderland.

He had given a glimpse of his natural powers as a 20-year-old on loan from Southampton under Pulis in 2005, having spent most of youth career as a defender or defensive midfielder.

And, upon his return, he had bulked into a beast of a front man who linked up superbly with Jon Walters, Jermaine Pennant and Matthew Etherington to back flip all the way to the 2011 FA Cup final.

“We have had all these stories about us being underdogs, boring, not so good and whatever,” he told The Sentinel as he tried to pinpoint the secret of that success.

“But we have the sort of club where everyone helps out. Everyone works hard and everyone goes out there and works for each other.”

Jones was the spearhead as Stoke ventured into the Europa League at the start of his second season, but then came Crouch, taking his record-signing tag and his regular slot in the traditional number nine slot.

He had scored 10 league goals in the 13 months before Crouch’s arrival ... and would only score three in the two-and-a-half years after – all in a single fortnight while Crouch was sidelined with a facial injury in December 2012.

The two strikers will now finally have a chance to get on the pitch at the same time ... when Stoke take on Cardiff on April 19.

KENWYNE JONES'S PREMIER LEAGUE STATISTICS AT STOKE CITY
2010/11: 33 (+1 sub) apps, nine goals
2011/12: 10 (+11) apps, one goal
2012/13: 10 (+16) apps, three goals
2013/14: Four (+3) apps, no goals

How much horse Manure is this article.  Where is Crouch stats for comparison.

Peter Crouch   16 (games started) 3 (sub) 4 (goals)  4 (assists). 

Offline davidephraim

• Do Good and Live!!
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #764 on: January 29, 2014, 04:45:08 AM »
Glad to see KJ  out of there. Like the Swede said, What is the worst that will happen if yuh put other players in? That you lose.. cause they are losing anyway. KJ may not be the solution in a mark hughes regime but he for dam sure aint the problem either.

If so, then why with their beloved Crouch, there is no Europa success or FA success this time around and mind you, the only reason they had success in dem leagues is because KJ was marginalized to those leagues.

Pennant, Etherington, KJ & Walters is who had dem clickin but dey mess with that core-four and all fall down.  Crouch lazier than KJ and dey have KJ in de lazy book!

Warren N. Boucaud

Offline trini_stallion

• Hero Warrior
  • soca in mih veins, soca in mih blood...
    • View Profile
« Reply #765 on: January 29, 2014, 10:35:37 AM »
Soca in mih vein, Soca in meh blood
Soca in yuh vein, Soca in blood,
Soca in we vein, Soca in we blood,
It's a heart of love, can't deny soca, cuz its good fuh de soul...
Trinidad and Tobago jump up now!

Offline Dinner Mints

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #766 on: January 29, 2014, 11:53:45 AM »
http://eplindex.com/48575/kenwyne-jones-cardiff-comparing-current-forwards.html

Interesting read on we boi KJ...check it out

His stats are pretty terrible. What's missing is that all of Stoke's strikers' stats are terrible. His stats were only slightly worse than Crouch and both of them were miles ahead of Walters.

I'm sure his stats weren't stellar at Sunderland either. So dem Stoke years really send them down the tubes.

Online Peong

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #767 on: January 29, 2014, 12:41:27 PM »
Somebody say KJ didn't score a PL goal since 2012.
He need to change that fast.

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #768 on: January 29, 2014, 01:20:33 PM »
Somebody say KJ didn't score a PL goal since 2012.
He need to change that fast.

Yep, last EPL goal was against Southampton on December 29th 2012.

Offline g

• mr greggle71
  • Hero Warrior
  • semi match fit
    • View Profile
« Reply #769 on: January 29, 2014, 06:17:28 PM »
No Cardiff City forever thread?
Soca Warriors, the pride of a nation

Offline lefty

• Hero Warrior
  • would u like to buy an 'O'.........
    • View Profile
« Reply #770 on: January 29, 2014, 06:24:28 PM »
No Cardiff City forever thread?

alyuh fed up do dat we could use d KJ thread, appropriate change to go with d end of red and white stripes :P
I pity the fool....

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #771 on: January 30, 2014, 04:28:56 PM »

Offline soccerman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #772 on: January 30, 2014, 10:00:31 PM »
Hope he's in the line-up for the Stoke game on Saturday!

Offline chelsealife

• You must be the change you wish to see in this world
  • Hero Warrior
  • Its BLUE, what else matters?
    • View Profile
« Reply #773 on: January 30, 2014, 10:14:57 PM »
Wah??? Its Cardiff vs Norwich this weekend. Stoke playing Man U

Offline soccerman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #774 on: January 31, 2014, 11:19:21 AM »
Wah??? Its Cardiff vs Norwich this weekend. Stoke playing Man U
Thanks for pointing that out...I coulda swear I read Stoke Cardiff on Sat. Like I ah getting old boy

Offline FireBrand

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #775 on: January 31, 2014, 12:47:11 PM »
Watch Kenwyne light up de EPL now!   The blight of the red and white stripes and the 3 S's (Southampton, Sunderland and Stoke) is over. ;D
Warrior Nation Member At Large

Offline Dinner Mints

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #776 on: January 31, 2014, 01:43:50 PM »
Watch Kenwyne light up de EPL now!   The blight of the red and white stripes and the 3 S's (Southampton, Sunderland and Stoke) is over. ;D
Is only Stoke was blight really. He had some decent years at Southampton and Sunderland. All 3 end with some kinda coach fall out though. So it's likely that some of that is on him.

Offline elan

• Hero Warrior
  • WaRRioR fOr LiFe!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #777 on: February 01, 2014, 10:42:54 AM »
Haul alyuh stinkin  :cursing: :cursing: :cursing: :cursing:

Offline elan

• Hero Warrior
  • WaRRioR fOr LiFe!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #778 on: February 01, 2014, 10:43:29 AM »
 :wavetowel: :wavetowel: :wavetowel: :wavetowel: :wavetowel: :wavetowel:

Offline trini_stallion

• Hero Warrior
  • soca in mih veins, soca in mih blood...
    • View Profile
« Reply #779 on: February 01, 2014, 10:45:23 AM »
Mih boiii score ah on his debut!
Soca in mih vein, Soca in meh blood
Soca in yuh vein, Soca in blood,
Soca in we vein, Soca in we blood,
It's a heart of love, can't deny soca, cuz its good fuh de soul...
Trinidad and Tobago jump up now!

1]; } ?>