April 17, 2024, 07:01:02 PM

Poll

Will a Premiership side save Kenwyne when Cardiff get relegated?

Yes
6 (18.8%)
No
26 (81.3%)

Total Members Voted: 31

Author Topic: Kenwyne Jones Thread  (Read 246296 times)

Offline palos

• Hero Warrior
  • Test
    • View Profile
Re: Kenwyne Jones Thread
« Reply #840 on: February 10, 2014, 05:10:56 PM »
Coming in at #10 on the The top ten laziest footballers of all time.
http://www.caughtoffside.com/2014/02/10/top-ten-laziest-footballers/
Russell Latapy have to at least be on that list if not be #1
Carlos "The Rolls Royce" Edwards

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #841 on: February 10, 2014, 06:08:16 PM »
Coming in at #10 on the The top ten laziest footballers of all time.
http://www.caughtoffside.com/2014/02/10/top-ten-laziest-footballers/

There aren't many on that list I agree with. Jimmy Floyd Hasselbank is the laziest player I ever saw when he was at Charlton
Stern did get his fair share of trophies too..but ah must say ah real surprised Le Tessier make the list of foreigners..
Maybe cause technically he's a foreigner too  ;D
"Le Tissier was born in Guernsey, and played youth football on the island with Vale Recreation between the ages of seven and sixteen."

I thought Le Tessier was a cheap shot. I think "lazy" is relative. Lazy should be not going after it to the fullest of one's ability to go after it. Everybody cyah be a Caniggia.

Offline Dinner Mints

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Cory Thomas: Illustration and Design
« Reply #842 on: February 10, 2014, 06:15:59 PM »
Kenwyne make that list purely off Redknapp book. Kenwyne ain't a known enough name in football to be springing to nobody mind for a top 10 list of anything. Except maybe goal celebrations.

Offline JRtheWriter

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #843 on: February 11, 2014, 03:24:06 PM »
I can't make excuses for this man anymore... giving the ball away so easily, putting wide open headers right at the goal keeper, and now the crowd is groaning for his "running."
I'm trying my best to stay optimistic but maybe he is just lazy...  :frustrated:

Offline Rodney

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #844 on: February 11, 2014, 03:45:27 PM »
I can't make excuses for this man anymore... giving the ball away so easily, putting wide open headers right at the goal keeper, and now the crowd is groaning for his "running."
I'm trying my best to stay optimistic but maybe he is just lazy...  :frustrated:

What can I say...but agree  :frustrated: . That effort tonight was so frustrating to watch. He's lost something and for the vast majority of all his three cardiff games his overall effort has been poor. When he works hard its so obvious as is the results = largely positive. Sadly that is the exception rather than the norm.

Ah dont like bashin him but he is either unfit, demotivated or as you said just plain lazy. Kenwyne better improve soon or them Cardiff supporters will be hatin on him just like the Sunderland and Stoke fans.

Offline elan

• Go On ......Get In There!!!!!!!!
  • Hero Warrior
  • WaRRioR fOr LiFe!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #845 on: February 11, 2014, 04:00:36 PM »
Man get pull down blatant in the box and no call, alyuh does only see what alyuh want. Look haul alyuh arse and go cheering on useless Rooney and ChiChi man nah. CuddasMunt.
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4</a>

Offline Mad Scorpion a/k/a Big Bo$$

• Hero Warrior
  • a/k/a Optimus Prime
    • View Profile
« Reply #846 on: February 11, 2014, 04:06:38 PM »
Man get pull down blatant in the box and no call, alyuh does only see what alyuh want. Look haul alyuh arse and go cheering on useless Rooney and ChiChi man nah. CuddasMunt.

lol.  Pablo jess stop talkin nah caw it eh go change, yuh eh see I stop.  Everything negative is always the highlight of discussion when it comes to KJ. If he walk back he lazy and doh run, meanwhile other men doing de exact same flekkin ting and nobody sees.  Last game Zaha llok like he was tryin to give away every single ball.  Whole team play shit buh who get single out lol.

Offline palos

• Hero Warrior
  • Test
    • View Profile
« Reply #847 on: February 11, 2014, 06:42:09 PM »

lol.  Pablo jess stop talkin nah caw it eh go change, yuh eh see I stop.  Everything negative is always the highlight of discussion when it comes to KJ. If he walk back he lazy and doh run, meanwhile other men doing de exact same flekkin ting and nobody sees.  Last game Zaha llok like he was tryin to give away every single ball.  Whole team play shit buh who get single out lol.

Hatahs gonna hate  >:( :)
Carlos "The Rolls Royce" Edwards

Offline Peong

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #848 on: February 11, 2014, 09:45:23 PM »
Allyuh feel we care about Zaha and whoever?  I don't. Jones is muh countryman and who I want to improve.

• Hero Warrior
  • a/k/a Optimus Prime
    • View Profile
« Reply #849 on: February 12, 2014, 09:56:03 AM »
Allyuh feel we care about Zaha and whoever?  I don't. Jones is muh countryman and who I want to improve.

Wanting him to improve is great but you can't measure him differently than the team or system he plays within.  You can't single out his laziness while ignoring the other players because it may be reflective of the culture within that team environment.  You can analyze his performance and say it was shit while all others play shit too because then it was collective and not individual.  Then we wonder why whenever anybody mentions the site he pulls away and want nothing to do with it?

Offline Rodney

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #850 on: February 12, 2014, 11:01:30 AM »

Wanting him to improve is great but you can't measure him differently than the team or system he plays within.  You can't single out his laziness while ignoring the other players because it may be reflective of the culture within that team environment.  You can analyze his performance and say it was shit while all others play shit too because then it was collective and not individual.  Then we wonder why whenever anybody mentions the site he pulls away and want nothing to do with it?

I agree Cardiff's team as a whole (not just Jones) aren't performing - thats pretty obivious. However I disagree with your reasons for why we should'nt make negative comments on his current performances. Happens all the time - what makes Jones get ah pass? But forget about me, what KJ and all who cant see anything wrong with his recent play should be concerned about are what his current club and their fans think.

I dont think many of the Fans of Sunderland, Stoke and a small but growing number of cardiff fans agree with your assessment either.

Also I don't think this site or members of this site should be concerned if KJ dosent like comments made about him on here. This aint his Fan site!

• Hero Warrior
  • a/k/a Optimus Prime
    • View Profile
« Reply #851 on: February 12, 2014, 03:14:46 PM »

I agree Cardiff's team as a whole (not just Jones) aren't performing - thats pretty obivious. However I disagree with your reasons for why we should'nt make negative comments on his current performances. Happens all the time - what makes Jones get ah pass? But forget about me, what KJ and all who cant see anything wrong with his recent play should be concerned about are what his current club and their fans think.

I dont think many of the Fans of Sunderland, Stoke and a small but growing number of cardiff fans agree with your assessment either.

Also I don't think this site or members of this site should be concerned if KJ dosent like comments made about him on here. This aint his Fan site!

I not saying he gets a pass.  He has flaws and we kno what they are, they aren't new or rececently developed habits.  Funny thing about KJ, man use to rag on him because he half decent fuh club but "doesn't show up" fuh TnT.  The arguments used to be I eh care what he doing fuh club buh instead wha he do when he wear the RWB.  Now that he has put together a consistent run for country and that avenue closed for now, is back to he poor first touch, he cah hold up ball, he cah dis he cah dat an de odda.  Is ah good ting he is we own oui.

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #852 on: February 12, 2014, 04:05:56 PM »

So Kenwyne has had the misfortune of playing on teams with lazy cultural environments?  Because the "lazy" tag has dogged him since his days at So'ton.

• Hero Warrior
  • a/k/a Optimus Prime
    • View Profile
« Reply #853 on: February 12, 2014, 04:13:18 PM »

So Kenwyne has had the misfortune of playing on teams with lazy cultural environments?  Because the "lazy" tag has dogged him since his days at So'ton.

No he has played on shitty teams.  Sunderland were a better team with Him and Bent up front than they are today.  Stoke was a better team when he was the starter.  Cardiff is a team that is lacking in positive morale.  Not even you with yuh anti KJ glasses could dispute any of these things.  Crouch who many here including you seemed to believe is better than him, and despite his great touches has never improved the Stoke brand nor their positioning in the table.

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #854 on: February 12, 2014, 04:46:25 PM »
No he has played on shitty teams.  Sunderland were a better team with Him and Bent up front than they are today.  Stoke was a better team when he was the starter.  Cardiff is a team that is lacking in positive morale.  Not even you with yuh anti KJ glasses could dispute any of these things.  Crouch who many here including you seemed to believe is better than him, and despite his great touches has never improved the Stoke brand nor their positioning in the table.

Lol... nah man it not dat bad.  I not anti-Kenwyne... no more.  I was after the shit he pull in Tennessee saying he eh care about we on here, but I overs that now.  I want to see him do well, but he eh helping heself.  Everybody but you and Elan saying as much.  Strikers have to have awareness and movement, that is how you pull and stretch the defense.  Yuh can't post up in a 10-yard radius near the top of the box and expect perfect pass to come meet yuh.  Say what yuh want about Crouch and he beanpole self, the man control and touches are excellent, especially fuh a man 6'7 or 6'10 whatever he is.  Plus he attacks every cross in the box like is his birhtright, and the defender trying to rob him of it.  I don't see that hunger and desire in Kenwyne.  With Kenwyne, every effort feels more like "ah trying ah t'ing here..."

Offline ckhan

• Hero Warrior
  • Pay Forward
    • View Profile
« Reply #855 on: February 12, 2014, 06:17:26 PM »
Man, I found on a few occasions where KJ was the last one to run back onside or lost d ball because he took to long to pass the ball. Frazier Campbell ran his socks off and caused mayhem on a couple of occasions, making KJ looked like a pedestrian. In all, he needs to play better.
If a free society cannot help the many who are poor it cannot save the few who are rich.

- John F. Kennedy

Offline Dinner Mints

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #856 on: February 12, 2014, 07:42:07 PM »
Keep in mind too that most of Kenwyne season so far is bench. So he eh necessarily match sharp at the moment.

Offline Agent Jack Bauer

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #857 on: February 12, 2014, 09:10:10 PM »
He need to cut dat rass, a bush bath and some hard calpet

Offline elan

• Hero Warrior
  • WaRRioR fOr LiFe!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #858 on: February 13, 2014, 10:00:32 AM »
Doh worry at Man United the players not performing up to par is the manager's fault but once KJ eh performing is because he lazy. That mentality from the islanders fore-parents that beaten into many of y'all brain that's keeps you from understanding truly how the masses put forth societal ideas and the acceptance of those, will continue to permeate as long as you do not smell the shit that they rubbing in your nose and telling you it's Impulse.
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4</a>

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #859 on: February 13, 2014, 02:16:52 PM »
Doh worry at Man United the players not performing up to par is the manager's fault but once KJ eh performing is because he lazy. That mentality from the islanders fore-parents that beaten into many of y'all brain that's keeps you from understanding truly how the masses put forth societal ideas and the acceptance of those, will continue to permeate as long as you do not smell the shit that they rubbing in your nose and telling you it's Impulse.

Elan stop talking shit... this is no racist canard that has been passed down by the white man that people lapping up.  Every club Kenwyne has been at the same complaint pops up, about his attitude and committment.  They don't say it about other black players, they don't say it about other Caribbean players... why only Kenwyne?

Offline Peong

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #860 on: February 13, 2014, 02:42:16 PM »
:(

The other players not lazy, they just shitty.  Plus KJ now reach, how could he be affected by any culture in the team?
KJ is not being measured differently by me but he certainly gets more scrutiny from me. You see any other players who should be called out as lazy?
I agree with Dinner Mints, KJ may not be match fit.
« Last Edit: February 13, 2014, 02:44:21 PM by Peong »

Offline Peong

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #861 on: February 13, 2014, 02:43:07 PM »
I had some time so I transcribed most of KJ's first half activity vs Swansea.

05:19 helps out and wins a ball, involved in a few touches and Cardiff keep the ball
10:59 Fruitless chase after a forward pass
12:12 Heavily marked as Bellamy breaks forward
13:00 Header off target from Bellamy's cross. Did well to get in front of Chico
15:00 Lost the ball and gave up
18:18 Zaha breaks but Jones didn't know where to stand. Play breaks down and Zaha chases his own pass intended for Jones
21:00 Gets pulled down wins free kick
21:40 wins header
23:40 half chance had to stretch but good positioning on a pass from Bellamy. The defender did well
27:00 Poor simple return pass to Kim
27:17 Gives chase after Dyer down the line
28:30 knocks down but loses a long ball
28:38 tackled by Dyer
31:10 completes pass to Fabio
31:18 makes a decent forward pass but the winger doesn't chase. Looking frustrated
32:54 Can't reach a long ball, bad pass, gives a thumbs up still
38:55 Challenges a long ball
41:06 wins long ball flicks on perfectly to Kim
44:27 perfectly heads a difficult long ball to Kim
44:30 turns right into a Swansea player but wins a throw
46:00 knocks down a long ball to Bellamy

Offline Dinner Mints

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #862 on: February 13, 2014, 02:53:06 PM »

Elan stop talking shit... this is no racist canard that has been passed down by the white man that people lapping up.  Every club Kenwyne has been at the same complaint pops up, about his attitude and committment.  They don't say it about other black players, they don't say it about other Caribbean players... why only Kenwyne?
Disagree bout this actually. 'Lazy' is still a tag that gets attached to black players very quickly. I does visit some of these forums where half of dem calling some player lazy and de other half calling the first half racist. It is very much a perception that still exists. I see men arguing bout Altidore being lazy just a few weeks ago. I see man calling Benteke lazy. I remember Scotty used to get call lazy at Swansea while banging goals.

As for Kenwyne, I doh think is so much that he lazy on the field. But he have a way, without the ball, of just kinda standing up or strolling while everybody else bouncing on they toes. He, in fact, does cover real ground. But off de ball is like he liming. Yuh could imagine him daydreaming until is his turn to do something.

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #863 on: February 13, 2014, 03:11:22 PM »
Disagree bout this actually. 'Lazy' is still a tag that gets attached to black players very quickly. I does visit some of these forums where half of dem calling some player lazy and de other half calling the first half racist. It is very much a perception that still exists. I see men arguing bout Altidore being lazy just a few weeks ago. I see man calling Benteke lazy. I remember Scotty used to get call lazy at Swansea while banging goals.

As for Kenwyne, I doh think is so much that he lazy on the field. But he have a way, without the ball, of just kinda standing up or strolling while everybody else bouncing on they toes. He, in fact, does cover real ground. But off de ball is like he liming. Yuh could imagine him daydreaming until is his turn to do something.

Do they call them lazy because they are black?  Or is it a coincidence that the players in question happen to be black?  To support your statement, and the earlier assertion that it's because KJ is black/Caribbean, one would have to show a consistency of application of the label.  Is Maynor Figueroa called "lazy"?  Raheem Sterling? Is Carlos called lazy? Was Yorke?  For non-Caribbean players... anyone call Ramirez lazy?  Simply pointing out isolated comments directed at black players isn't itself evidence that black players get tagged with the "lazy" label.  Similarly, pointing out persistent comments about a handful of black players isn't evidence either.

Offline Dinner Mints

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #864 on: February 13, 2014, 03:18:28 PM »

Do they call them lazy because they are black?  Or is it a coincidence that the players in question happen to be black?  To support your statement, and the earlier assertion that it's because KJ is black/Caribbean, one would have to show a consistency of application of the label.  Is Maynor Figueroa called "lazy"?  Raheem Sterling? Is Carlos called lazy? Was Yorke?  For non-Caribbean players... anyone call Ramirez lazy?  Simply pointing out isolated comments directed at black players isn't itself evidence that black players get tagged with the "lazy" label.  Similarly, pointing out persistent comments about a handful of black players isn't evidence either.
I'm pointing out conversations taking place among people who know better than either of us. Who live amongst it and understand their own culture. The labeling of black players as 'lazy' is enough of an issue that it's still a regular argument among English fans themselves.
« Last Edit: February 13, 2014, 03:20:39 PM by Dinner Mints »

Offline Tiresais

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #865 on: February 13, 2014, 03:34:44 PM »

I'm pointing out conversations taking place among people who know better than either of us. Who live amongst it and understand their own culture. The labeling of black players as 'lazy' is enough of an issue that it's still a regular argument among English fans themselves.

The most common and lazy stereotype amongst 'journalists' is to label and black players as "powerful", not sure about the lazy stereotype.

Offline elan

• Hero Warrior
  • WaRRioR fOr LiFe!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #866 on: February 13, 2014, 03:54:45 PM »

Never said anything about racism and that was directed to more than just KJ.

Offline g

• mr greggle71
  • Hero Warrior
  • semi match fit
    • View Profile
« Reply #867 on: February 13, 2014, 06:36:34 PM »
He not match fit, once you not fit it will affect your overall game, your touch your passing and overall concentration and commitment. He sat on the bench for 80% of the season. He will need a run of about 5 games on the trot to get that sharpness, i just hoped he could tap in a goal or two to keep the initial pressure of the transfer off. If the team management is worth their grain of salt they should recognize this and either put him on a special fitness program but they need to give him the chance to get match fit.

The problem is that with a team like Cardiff they need instant success to help their position, both them and KJ are running a race against time.
Soca Warriors, the pride of a nation

Offline Dinner Mints

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #868 on: February 13, 2014, 06:45:08 PM »

The most common and lazy stereotype amongst 'journalists' is to label and black players as "powerful", not sure about the lazy stereotype.
Lol, 'pace and power.' Yeah. And commentators have a tendency to call them 'boy' which doesn't sit well with me. He's a strong boy, etc.

Offline elan

• Hero Warrior
  • WaRRioR fOr LiFe!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #869 on: February 13, 2014, 07:07:16 PM »
Check this though......

Criticism of well-worked Giroud is unfair

And if one player's performance divided opinion in Arsenal's draw with Manchester United, it was Giroud.

Arsenal's best chances fell to Giroud, and he narrowly headed wide and also failed to convert Bacary Sagna's right-wing cross in the second half. But Giroud showed terrific strength in the first half, bullied United defender Nemanja Vidic (which takes some doing) and really put in a shift.

I thought Giroud had a good first half but faded later on yet was still one of Arsenal's better players. However, strikers will always be judged on goals, and Giroud has not scored in Arsenal's last three games.

But he has 14 goals in all competitions this season. If he takes that to the 20 mark by the end of the campaign, then I can't see how you can knock a 20-goal striker. The problem is, rather in keeping with Arsenal, Giroud did not deliver in a game they absolutely needed to win.

Their season isn't over after drawing with United, but it was a missed opportunity to claim top spot in the Premier League. It was also a missed opportunity when it came to restoring some much needed confidence.

Now Arsenal face Liverpool on Sunday in the FA Cup and then Bayern Munich in the Champions League on the back of a little wobble when victory over United would have been just the lift they needed. That's why Arsenal fans were left frustrated, though booing at the final whistle seemed incredibly harsh.

It was a draw with the champions -- and maybe that is a damning indictment of how far United have fallen that a club like Arsenal is disappointed not to beat them. Until recently, a draw was a good result against United. So there has to be a scapegoat. On Twitter and among the regulars at the Emirates, Giroud is a popular target. You either love him or, well, not quite hate him, but you get the idea.

I think Giroud is having a terrific season. He has improved so much, and it's not his fault that he is not Luis Suarez, the player Arsenal tried to sign last summer. In fact, they also went for Gonzalo Higuain who, again, is a contrast in styles. They could have complemented each other; Higuain would have been competition and backup. And vice versa.

Instead, Arsenal have been left relying so much on Giroud. He deserves a medal for playing so many games -- many of them when he's been tired and below his best. He's needed a break.

He will never have electric pace or be a prolific striker. He will, however, do a really good job for the team, score regularly and lay on assists.

So don't knock Giroud. Knock the lack of a backup. Nicklas Bendtner was out of favour for a long time. Yaya Sanogo has been out injured for most of the season. Theo Walcott is now out injured.

Giroud will have to carry on carrying the title campaign on his shoulders. So it is time to support him rather than pick fault. He's a good striker.

1]; } ?>