March 28, 2024, 06:02:30 AM

Poll

Will a Premiership side save Kenwyne when Cardiff get relegated?

Yes
6 (18.8%)
No
26 (81.3%)

Total Members Voted: 31

Author Topic: Kenwyne Jones Thread  (Read 244286 times)

Offline Sam

• Hero Warrior
  • Police face and dog heart.
    • View Profile
Re: Kenwyne Jones Thread
« Reply #930 on: November 02, 2014, 10:06:35 AM »
2 people in his family died at the same time?

Condolence to KJ.

Faster than a speeding pittbull
Stronger than a shot of ba-bash
Capable of storming any fete

Offline Peong

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile

Offline socalion

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #932 on: November 02, 2014, 01:05:23 PM »
 condolences to  Kj and his relatives ..... ....... this is real f.... up   news !!!  wha wrong  with some  of  de brothers back at yard . >:(... the abuse allround  must come toa  stop ...  anyways   to kj and family  pls accept my  condolences.......  may   god give you all  strength and courage at this trying time..  god bless

Offline elan

• Go On ......Get In There!!!!!!!!
  • Hero Warrior
  • WaRRioR fOr LiFe!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #933 on: November 02, 2014, 01:26:51 PM »
Daiz Travis Sober immediate family too.
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4</a>

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #934 on: November 02, 2014, 01:53:53 PM »
Condolences to KJ and his family. Jah Bless.

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #935 on: November 02, 2014, 06:24:24 PM »
Condolences to KJ and his family, I pray God's guidance and comfort to everyone affected... and justice for the perpetrator of this crime.

Offline Mad Scorpion a/k/a Big Bo$$

• Hero Warrior
  • a/k/a Optimus Prime
    • View Profile
« Reply #936 on: November 03, 2014, 09:32:47 AM »
Condolences Captain.  May the good lord heal you and your family's hearts and souls in your time of grief.

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
« Reply #937 on: November 12, 2014, 03:04:21 AM »
Jones pays tribute to his slain cousins.
By Rhondor Dowlat (Guardian)

T&T national football captain and striker Kenwyne Joel Jones, 30, believes that the time has reached for finding ways and means to reach out to the youths of T&T, in an attempt to bring a grip on the escalating crime and violence.

Jones’ cousins—Deshon Sobers, 21, and her cousin Trevon, 24, were killed last month, on October 23 after her former boyfriend allegedly went on a shooting rampage at their home in Chaguanas. His uncle, Glenford Sobers, 73, was critically injured during the incident.

On November 1, Jones, who is also a striker for Cardiff City Football Club, Wales, United Kingdom paid tribute to his cousins by removing his football T-shirt after scoring Cardiff’s third goal in the 3-1 win against Leeds United. Under the football T-shirt was a white jersey bearing the markings, in red: “RIP Deshon and Chibbi (Trevon’s nickname).” That game was played on the same day they were buried.

Speaking to the T&T Guardian, Jones said people in T&T needs to make a concerted effort in trying to come up in ways and means to catch the attention of the youths and shift their focus from the way of crime to the way of positivity.

“To be really honest the situation is very unfortunate and I’d like to send my love out to my family. Crime is a major factor. It does affect the country but of course like everyone else when it hits home it seems to be a little more serious.”

“It is easy for the youths to settle and say this is what I am born in and this is what I see everyday, so I am going to be a statistic. But, no! We need to try to find the ways and means to get them away from that thinking.”

Facing such a tragedy, Jones has become more determined and motivated in focusing his attention to helping the youths of T&T.

In so doing, he has launched his latest initiative—“Kenwyne 3.0.” Jones was born in Point Fortin, spent most of his early childhood in La Brea before moving to Chaguanas. He is the third of eight children for his parents.

“It is me coming out there because I do like to help people in whichever way that I possibly can. I am not saying it has to be monetary. Sometimes, some people just need a little bit of words of advice. I want to be open to the wider public and I think me being myself and knowing where I have come from, the path that I took to get to this point to wherever I am going to end up it is necessary for me to give back.”

“I have been in the group of youngsters trying to fight for the same dream and was blessed enough to be one out of the many that made it, one of the many that actually made the dream a reality.

“I have had help along the way where my football roots come from, schooling, teachers and of course the coaches that push you to work at the highest level and I have to give a big thank you to all of them and hopefully I would be able to motivate some to going after their dream.”

Jones is currently planning a Christmas event next month for children of Point Fortin, who are in dire need of that support and in dire need for that “family feel.”

“A lot of them don’t have it and they need to feel like any other regular child, so hopefully, we can get a few people on board and try to make the event an annual juncture. We are going to use this medium as well to try and bring a bit of positivity to the youths.”

With just a few years remaining for Jones to retire from his football career, he is already panning for his next chapter in life.

“My main thing is fitness, so I will be trying to get my qualifications in strength and conditioning and of course dieting. I don’t see myself as a coach but I will be trying to do something else that I enjoy and that is doing a lot of charity work, giving back to T&T.”

“It is quite important that we try to have a positive influence in the next generation given the state of crime and the misfortunes at this present time amongst the youths. 

“We have to change the culture a bit and try and inject that positivity in the youths of the nation because I don’t think it is not everyone is sports avid everyone has a skill, then some people just need that extra push that motivation to be able to go out perform to their best in whatever they do.”

Jones left for Jamaica with the rest of the Soca Warriors on Sunday to compete in the Caribbean Cup Finals this week.

Making his debut appearance for the Caribbean Cup, Jones is hopeful in himself and his team in being able to bring back the trophy.

The real measure of a man's character is what he would do if he knew he would never be found out.

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #938 on: November 12, 2014, 06:32:07 PM »
Captain Kenwyne Jones interviewed on 96.1 WEFM by Ezel and Isoke on “The Sound of the Streets. Kenwyne speaks about the Caribbean Cup, his charitable works, and the impact of domestic violence in his life.

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/dSLtuLnk4f4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/dSLtuLnk4f4</a>
The Conquering Lion of Judah shall break every chain.

• Hero Warrior
  • a/k/a Optimus Prime
    • View Profile
Has KJ grown into being one of CONCACAFs most feared strikers?
« Reply #939 on: November 18, 2014, 12:31:37 PM »
Back in the days when he was at Sunderland it seemed everyone had their eyes out for him to cause problems but he rarely did.  Instead it was Altidore that tore gave people nightmares.  These days however he looks the part and now seems to have defenses and fans worried about his potential impact.  Maybe he needed to go back down to Championship sooner lol.

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #940 on: November 18, 2014, 01:13:31 PM »
Soca Warriors captain, Kenwyne Jones, wants changes to be made in the administration of T&T football.

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/rtEpp6Uo68Y" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/rtEpp6Uo68Y</a>

Well said!
The Conquering Lion of Judah shall break every chain.

Offline socalion

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #941 on: November 18, 2014, 01:30:33 PM »
You know what F..k it ..... I support  The  skipper KJ  call for changes!!  some radical changes is an absolute must !!

Offline elan

• Hero Warrior
  • WaRRioR fOr LiFe!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #942 on: November 18, 2014, 02:05:54 PM »
The players say they want their coach to get paid, how you can vex with that. It real good to see the players standing behind the coach. That is an absolute big time move and comment. They like how the coach handling everything and if he go they go. Quality from these players.  :applause: :applause: :applause:

Let's hope no black list for KJ.  :devil:  He probably need to whatapps Sancho
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4</a>

Offline najee

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Has KJ grown into being one of CONCACAFs most feared strikers?
« Reply #943 on: November 18, 2014, 03:52:33 PM »
I'm hopping he and the other team mates are fully focus for this finial....and this thing with the FA is not a distraction for the guy's.....suck!!!

Offline Bally

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #944 on: November 19, 2014, 06:55:16 AM »
This is the player is one of the worst strikers we ever have talk done never me again defending this man
Empty barrels make the most noise

Offline Trini _2026

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #945 on: November 19, 2014, 07:49:07 AM »
jones was never a  goal scorer like  s. john bally  hart needs to start scouting
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4</a>

Offline Sando prince

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #946 on: November 19, 2014, 11:00:35 AM »
ANOTHER shit performance from Kenwyne yesterday. Our captain! Maybe the capt arm band is too much for him and releasing him from the role will bring better performances.
« Last Edit: November 19, 2014, 11:13:35 AM by Sando prince »

• Hero Warrior
  • a/k/a Optimus Prime
    • View Profile
« Reply #947 on: November 19, 2014, 11:31:08 AM »
Yo allyuh rell jokey oui.  Since even before Hart come in KJ performances have improved.  He has hardly had any truly bad games under Hart until this one.  Now because of this one game he is now the worse and whatever else lol.  Then some does want to dig horrors when he say F away with SWO.  Long forgotten is that he made a stand (just 2 days ago) to ensure that our best coach overall in quite some time and a local at that, is paid so he can be here to continue to steer the team upwards.  the same coach allyuh saying need to start scouting.  Arm band too much now? lmao!  No disputing it was an underwhelming performance but all ah dat? smh.

Offline Sando prince

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #948 on: November 19, 2014, 11:33:34 AM »
Yo allyuh rell jokey oui.  Since even before Hart come in KJ performances have improved.  He has hardly had any truly bad games under Hart until this one.  Now because of this one game he is now the worse and whatever else lol.  Then some does want to dig horrors when he say F away with SWO.  Long forgotten is that he made a stand (just 2 days ago) to ensure that our best coach overall in quite some time and a local at that, is paid so he can be here to continue to steer the team upwards.  the same coach allyuh saying need to start scouting.  Arm band too much now? lmao!  No disputing it was an underwhelming performance but all ah dat? smh.

Did you say KJ performances have improved? The same complaints I am hearing about KJ performance I have been hearing them for YEARS now. It's worse now because he is the Capt of the team. You know it very well. Lazy on the field, Diva like mentality where he wants the ball exactly in front of him, easily being man handled by smaller defenders... yeah yeah the list goes on, years now same list

• Hero Warrior
  • a/k/a Optimus Prime
    • View Profile
« Reply #949 on: November 19, 2014, 11:58:31 AM »

Did you say KJ performances have improved? The same complaints I am hearing about KJ performance I have been hearing them for YEARS now. It's worse now because he is the Capt of the team. You know it very well. Lazy on the field, Diva like mentality where he wants the ball exactly in front of him, easily being man handled by smaller defenders... yeah yeah the list goes on, years now same list

That is ah pack ah ass talk tho.  KJ had 2 or 3 yellow shits close by every time he even was within 5 yards of the ball.  Jamaica sought to neutralize him, Molino and Peltier and it worked.  Go back 5 years or even 3 and you'd notice KJ was a threat only in name.  He wasn't scoring any goals at all but only because he did fairly decent at Sunderland and even Stoke when he arrived was he on the radar of CONCACAF coaches in planning for us.  Now teams are not only thinking about him but actually employing strategy to try and halt anything he can do as well as frustrate him.  So if he hasn't improved where are the goals coming from, prestidigitation?  The problem with many SW fans is that they overestimate our progress and often have unreasonable expectations.  While many celebrated the earlier wins against Jamaica they weren't important.  Jamaica as a culture has an issue with TnT and that cultural dislike plays a key role in their aggression against us on the pitch when in a matchup that counts for something.  Jamaica no matter what any of you think will never be an easy place to play for TnT when something is at stake.  Our team overall has improved and even if you all fail to recognize it, so has KJs play.  It's a shame that we are so fickle and unforgiving of our own.  Nobody doh ha to celebrate mediocre but fuh goodness sake give man credit when they do good things.  Allyuh like allyuh only know how to rag on KJ.  If he have 7 out of 10 good games the only thing any care about is the 3 bad ones.  Who gives ah fack bout the good ones!  SMH

Offline Dinner Mints

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Cory Thomas: Illustration and Design
« Reply #950 on: November 19, 2014, 12:03:54 PM »
If he have 7 out of 10 good games the only thing any care about is the 3 bad ones.  Who gives ah fack bout the good ones!  SMH
This is true no matter who he play for. Ah really wish I knew what it was about him that have people (across cultures) against him so. Have to be something. Too high expectations? I doh know. But man does quick to rate him up when he playing good and quick to swear he never play good when he drop a load.

Offline Sando prince

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #951 on: November 19, 2014, 12:04:14 PM »

That is ah pack ah ass talk tho.  KJ had 2 or 3 yellow shits close by every time he even was within 5 yards of the ball.  Jamaica sought to neutralize him, Molino and Peltier and it worked.  Go back 5 years or even 3 and you'd notice KJ was a threat only in name.  He wasn't scoring any goals at all but only because he did fairly decent at Sunderland and even Stoke when he arrived was he on the radar of CONCACAF coaches in planning for us.  Now teams are not only thinking about him but actually employing strategy to try and halt anything he can do as well as frustrate him.  So if he hasn't improved where are the goals coming from, prestidigitation?  The problem with many SW fans is that they overestimate our progress and often have unreasonable expectations.  While many celebrated the earlier wins against Jamaica they weren't important.  Jamaica as a culture has an issue with TnT and that cultural dislike plays a key role in their aggression against us on the pitch when in a matchup that counts for something.  Jamaica no matter what any of you think will never be an easy place to play for TnT when something is at stake.  Our team overall has improved and even if you all fail to recognize it, so has KJs play.  It's a shame that we are so fickle and unforgiving of our own.  Nobody doh ha to celebrate mediocre but fuh goodness sake give man credit when they do good things.  Allyuh like allyuh only know how to rag on KJ.  If he have 7 out of 10 good games the only thing any care about is the 3 bad ones.  Who gives ah fack bout the good ones!  SMH

I know the team has improved. Don't stray from my point about KJ. Yes the team has improved but our Captain game definitely has not improved.

Please tell us which part of his game has improved? This is more than just the final he played yesterday. This is about a trend we keep seeing from him YEARS now. Do you think he would have done different against another good team in CONCACAF. We have already seen him in those games and not much difference.

So again tell me which part of his game has improved?

• Hero Warrior
  • a/k/a Optimus Prime
    • View Profile
« Reply #952 on: November 19, 2014, 12:12:23 PM »

I know the team has improved. Don't stray from my point about KJ. Yes the team has improved but our Captain game definitely has not improved.

Please tell us which part of his game has improved? This is more than just the final he played yesterday. This is about a trend we keep seeing from him YEARS now. Do you think he would have done different against another good team in CONCACAF. We have already seen him in those games and not much difference.

So again tell me which part of his game has improved?

Goal scoring, hold up play, short passing, movement, and workrate.  While workrate has been inconsistent, it is still more overall in the last 24 months than it was prior.  He has scored way more goals in the last 2 years than he scored in the 6 after the world cup combined.  His finishing is better during the last 24 months as well.  He holds up the ball better now than he used to in the past.  Again wasn't overly evident yesterday but it has improved.  He connects with many more of his short passes now than he used to.  He can be seen during the last 24 months being on the receiving end of various exchanges with Molino.  Go back to the Gold Cup for evidence and browse highlights of the games he has scored in since then (since apparently you did not notice any of this).

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #953 on: November 19, 2014, 02:00:08 PM »
I didn't see the game, and glad I didn't bother.  I read the play-by-play in the thread last night and that was enough.  That being said, I am inclined to take it easy on KJ... did he get any rest (was he one of the rotated players)?  Not only that, but it would be somewhat understandable if his head was elsewhere, given all the distractions encircling the team before the match.  That being said, maybe the Captain's Armband is indeed too much for him to bear, being pressed into the role of team spokesman and what not.  Maybe also, as a professional, and having almost 10 years of top-flight experience, maybe he should be more consistent at this point and maybe he should have found a way to block out the distractions and play his game.

• Hero Warrior
  • a/k/a Optimus Prime
    • View Profile
« Reply #954 on: November 19, 2014, 02:03:08 PM »
I didn't see the game, and glad I didn't bother.  I read the play-by-play in the thread last night and that was enough.  That being said, I am inclined to take it easy on KJ... did he get any rest (was he one of the rotated players)?  Not only that, but it would be somewhat understandable if his head was elsewhere, given all the distractions encircling the team before the match.  That being said, maybe the Captain's Armband is indeed too much for him to bear, being pressed into the role of team spokesman and what not.  Maybe also, as a professional, and having almost 10 years of top-flight experience, maybe he should be more consistent at this point and maybe he should have found a way to block out the distractions and play his game.

Honestly I think it was less about distractions than it was about Jamaica game plan.  They know what they was about and handle it daz why neither Peltier nor Molino could get anything going either

Offline socalion

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #955 on: November 19, 2014, 02:41:50 PM »
Alarming to say the least,  some  ah allyuh homies real f.... up yes ! with all the outstanding  de issues  surrounding team ,  the tragedies in the man's ( K.J's ) family ,  the man still went  and try to perform as best he could given the circumstances yet it was relentless attack after attact on  the skipper repeatedly  like he ain't human , none of us know whether it had finally taken a toll on the man .... give the man  a breather lil bit ... with all the ass soul ness going on  its bound to be taxing  after all .!!  quite honestly i'm very surprise the team were able to hold together last evening....

Offline elan

• Hero Warrior
  • WaRRioR fOr LiFe!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #956 on: November 19, 2014, 03:25:51 PM »

Offline Sando prince

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #957 on: November 19, 2014, 03:26:29 PM »
Doh worry Kenwyne keep playing the usual lazy, I am a diva football in important games. Mediocrity is what we the fans have been conditioned to accept since the 90's. next time you and dem fellas do better ok? we go figure this ting out by the time WC qualification come around , we go be ready for any team in the region, doh worry allyuhself , buh say what at least we reach the penalty stage of a Caribbean Cup, tingz nice
« Last Edit: November 19, 2014, 03:41:59 PM by Sando prince »

Offline socalion

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #958 on: November 19, 2014, 03:52:40 PM »
Gtfoh  with  this  mediocrity  talk who accepts  mediocrity ??  i hadly think anyone here is in a celebratory mood  as we did not  win , but as fate will have it  j.a   won ... we win as team we lose as team   that's  the bottom line ..... this is not about a single or a  particular player!! 

Offline maxg

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #959 on: November 19, 2014, 04:24:12 PM »
no time for faiweather fans nah.
MY SKIPPER, didn't have good game. Then obviously we didn't do enuff to help. Be it Strategy, Support, whatever.
Keep trying to hold this Team together Skip. Bigger rewards down the road. You already reaping some with your local contributions, thanks. Bigger fight than any C & FU Cup, Help keep Harty deh.

1]; } ?>