March 28, 2024, 06:53:56 AM

Poll

Will a Premiership side save Kenwyne when Cardiff get relegated?

Yes
6 (18.8%)
No
26 (81.3%)

Total Members Voted: 31

Author Topic: Kenwyne Jones Thread  (Read 244294 times)

Offline Spursy

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
  • Willis Plaza Fan
    • View Profile
Re: Kenwyne Jones Thread
« Reply #990 on: December 17, 2014, 01:05:24 PM »
 Elan, you raise an important topic here- versatility. The game has evolved, been a one trick pony is very predictable, teams will exploit this. If our forward isn't running at centerbacks to create chaos, force mistakes it overworks our midfield. There is a huge gap in the JA game where their defense could easily link up with the middle while we struggled to do the same thing -Because JA offense did something we didn't.

Last time we forced a defensive error was vs Mexico in Azteca- Birchall intercepted the ball fed it to Tinto who fired home- since then meh.

Long balls
I thought we were past this- long balls searching, hoping, even seen it in the womens game. Unless you are Italy - this crap won't work or atleast doesn't work for us. Our strength now is the defense -which is one of the best we have ever had in my opinion. With a solid defense it makes sense to work on set pieces like corners, penalties and free kicks, it's an avenue to create opportunities instead of relying on goals from the run of play.

Drifting out of the game is okay if you are Dwight Yorke - a natural poacher /good reader of the game with the ability to anticipate plays and position accordingly. Jones ain't no poacher, him drifting out of the game don't do anything for the rest of the team, from then its 10 vs 11. As a captain you are 11 and 12, doing your duties as well as helping out the midfield not -1.

There is more
While my dislike for KJ profile is a personal point of view it is a concern for fans - give 100 percent in games may be to much to ask especially when it feels like KJ is doing us a favor when he puts on the National Team Jersey. Well that's what it feels like. Yorke, Latas and the strike squad have set the bar high and I wonder if we will ever see quality again from a Tnt striker.

Hate me all you want
This will not stop me from writing what's on my mind or exposing some of the crap we are getting so use to seeing in the national teams. While it hurts me to write these articles as it may seem negative- it is only so if nothing is done about it and the same crap keeps re-occurring. We have hopes of improving, listening to the critics is part of the identifying process- this should be welcomed not fought down.
« Last Edit: December 17, 2014, 02:01:55 PM by SWO_TNTFAN »

Offline elan

• Go On ......Get In There!!!!!!!!
  • Hero Warrior
  • WaRRioR fOr LiFe!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #991 on: December 17, 2014, 02:45:56 PM »
Elan, you raise an important topic here- versatility. The game has evolved, been a one trick pony is very predictable, teams will exploit this. If our forward isn't running at centerbacks to create chaos, force mistakes it overworks our midfield. There is a huge gap in the JA game where their defense could easily link up with the middle while we struggled to do the same thing -Because JA offense did something we didn't.

Last time we forced a defensive error was vs Mexico in Azteca- Birchall intercepted the ball fed it to Tinto who fired home- since then meh.

Long balls
I thought we were past this- long balls searching, hoping, even seen it in the womens game. Unless you are Italy - this crap won't work or atleast doesn't work for us. Our strength now is the defense -which is one of the best we have ever had in my opinion. With a solid defense it makes sense to work on set pieces like corners, penalties and free kicks, it's an avenue to create opportunities instead of relying on goals from the run of play.

Drifting out of the game is okay if you are Dwight Yorke - a natural poacher /good reader of the game with the ability to anticipate plays and position accordingly. Jones ain't no poacher, him drifting out of the game don't do anything for the rest of the team, from then its 10 vs 11. As a captain you are 11 and 12, doing your duties as well as helping out the midfield not -1.

There is more
While my dislike for KJ profile is a personal point of view it is a concern for fans - give 100 percent in games may be to much to ask especially when it feels like KJ is doing us a favor when he puts on the National Team Jersey. Well that's what it feels like. Yorke, Latas and the strike squad have set the bar high and I wonder if we will ever see quality again from a Tnt striker.

Hate me all you want
This will not stop me from writing what's on my mind or exposing some of the crap we are getting so use to seeing in the national teams. While it hurts me to write these articles as it may seem negative- it is only so if nothing is done about it and the same crap keeps re-occurring. We have hopes of improving, listening to the critics is part of the identifying process- this should be welcomed not fought down.

I don't know what you on about. Love, for who? If yuh mean objectivity then yeah.

It's great if you can be versatile, but many, many players are one trick players, however because of the level of coaching around them they seems very dynamic.

When Robben gets the ball you know exactly what he wants to do and he goes after that. Here's why he is successful in coming inside, finishing and being lauded as one of the best. Coaching. The team is organized so as to create space for Robben to be successful. Just like KJ in JA with 2-3 defenders giving him attention, so to Robben is often targeted, yet he is successful. Why? The coach develops strategies which will allow Robben to free himself to do what he needs to do.  The individual as part of the team.

Gone are the days when we talk like you do. Man just need to be good. that is :bs: and why we are not successful. It was plain to see that our midfield was bereft of ideas. We had no plan in bringing KJ into the game. We had no plan to free KJ if he was targeted. We had no plan to use KJ as a decoy if he was targeted. This comes down to coaching and organization.

JA was by far and large much more prepared for us than we were for them. Whose fault is that KJ? All this talk about Captaincy is childish talk. What so hard about being captain? Captain nowadays is more or less a title. What if KJ motivated the players to play hard, win the game and he played shyte? Then what? What if he played a stellar game with a hat-trick and we lose? What then? Who is to say he is not giving 100%? Your experience as a fan? Your understanding of the game? Your personal feelings? KJ is a type of player for a certain type of playing style. You can't put a square peg in a round hole and then turn around and blame the peg. Kj is a player if you cater to, will produce results, simple.

I am not personal with these players and what they do cannot affect me personally, so I don't know about that. I ain't a THOT.

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4</a>

Offline Sando prince

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #992 on: December 22, 2014, 10:07:56 PM »

Good!  :beermug:

KENWYNE JONES XMAS PARTY

T&T captain Kenwyne Jones is away playing football... but he still managed to hold his first ever Christmas party for children in his home town of Point Fortin this weekend.

http://www.tv6tnt.com/sevenpm-news/-KENWYNE-JONES-XMAS-PARTY-286630781.html

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #993 on: December 29, 2014, 07:45:11 AM »
WATCH Kenwyne Jones score his 9th goal of the English Championship season. He’s had three goals in his last four games.
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/Bdco8WHdQD0?start=270" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/Bdco8WHdQD0?start=270</a>
The Conquering Lion of Judah shall break every chain.

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #994 on: January 03, 2015, 09:17:49 AM »
WATCH Kenwyne Jones score after 44 seconds of coming on as a substitute during a 3rd round FA Cup match against Colchester United. This is KJ’s 10th goal in all competitions this season.
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/oiFmkV7PNb8" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/oiFmkV7PNb8</a>

Offline maxg

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #995 on: January 03, 2015, 12:25:07 PM »
The faithful musbe ketchin hell

Offline Mad Scorpion a/k/a Big Bo$$

• Hero Warrior
  • a/k/a Optimus Prime
    • View Profile
« Reply #996 on: January 05, 2015, 09:49:46 AM »
The faithful musbe ketchin hell

ent lol

Offline kounty

• Hero Warrior
  • Truthfulness is brighter than the light of the sun
    • View Profile
« Reply #997 on: January 11, 2015, 12:43:13 PM »

Offline maxg

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #998 on: January 11, 2015, 01:26:12 PM »
we boy nemesis  ;D
Peter Crouch: The Premier League millionaire everybody likes?
Yep..bet Sanch would like to give a penalty instead

but this is where I became a englis"h opposition member - memories of Bertille.
It was only when the incident was picked up on the late night World Cup highlights programmes on BBC 1 and ITV 1 that the extent of Crouch's interference became clear. There was little sympathy for Sancho on Match of the Day, with pundit Ian Wright remarking: "It
serves him right for having long hair."
...how it relates to Jones ? so much practices, and no write up of Jones putting a hard tackle in he tail  :cursing:   

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #999 on: January 11, 2015, 02:37:10 PM »
... so much practices, and no write up of Jones putting a hard tackle in he tail  :cursing:   

Jones ever been known for putting in a hard tackle?

...that should get a few pulses racing

Offline maxg

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1000 on: January 11, 2015, 02:51:08 PM »
... so much practices, and no write up of Jones putting a hard tackle in he tail  :cursing:   

Jones ever been known for putting in a hard tackle?

...that should get a few pulses racing
I'm sure even Mother Kamla Therasa woulda make an exception 
add: brings to mind when Yorke rest one on Sourness, and that was for less    ;)
« Last Edit: January 11, 2015, 02:56:13 PM by maxg »

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1001 on: January 21, 2015, 01:04:03 PM »
WATCH Kenwyne Jones score his 11th goal of the season in Cardiff City’s 2-1 loss to Middlesbrough
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/8-6XlaRgz7U?start=327" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/8-6XlaRgz7U?start=327</a>

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1002 on: January 21, 2015, 04:30:50 PM »
Like Kenwyne find he level fuh real boy. 

Kidding... glad for him that he's scoring more frequently, it should give him some confidence, assure his spot in the team, and hopefully help his Men's National Team performances.

Side note: Like Cardiff gone back to they blue, or is that an alternate kit?

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1003 on: January 21, 2015, 04:48:14 PM »
Side note: Like Cardiff gone back to they blue, or is that an alternate kit?

Yeh, de owner bow tuh de pressure.
http://www.theguardian.com/football/2015/jan/09/cardiff-red-to-blue-kit-vincent-tan

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1004 on: January 21, 2015, 07:08:02 PM »
Yeh, de owner bow tuh de pressure.
http://www.theguardian.com/football/2015/jan/09/cardiff-red-to-blue-kit-vincent-tan

Oh okay... thanks. Happy to see that for the fans' sake he came to his senses.

Offline Dinner Mints

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Cory Thomas: Illustration and Design
« Reply #1005 on: January 22, 2015, 03:59:51 PM »
He scoring goals and still dem Cardiff fans doh like him. Too lazy. Man have to learn the art of jogging in a tight circle or something to look busy.

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1006 on: January 22, 2015, 05:46:00 PM »
He scoring goals and still dem Cardiff fans doh like him. Too lazy. Man have to learn the art of jogging in a tight circle or something to look busy.

Is not just about poaching goals... that is most important.  Fans want to see industry, especially in the UK, you have to be willing to help the defense and midfield.  I know he defends on corners etc. but it's the same criticism Balotelli has faced in England... except he eh even scoring right now.

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1007 on: January 24, 2015, 09:49:08 PM »
WATCH Kenwyne Jones almost buss de net with a bullet header in a 4th round FA Cup tie against Reading. Unfortunately, Reading fought back and won 2-1. This is KJ’s 12th goal in all competitions this season.

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/XQ6XOSJ_Fu8?start=38" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/XQ6XOSJ_Fu8?start=38</a>

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
« Reply #1008 on: January 25, 2015, 04:05:23 AM »
Like nobody else could score for that cub?

The real measure of a man's character is what he would do if he knew he would never be found out.

Offline Dinner Mints

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Cory Thomas: Illustration and Design
« Reply #1009 on: January 25, 2015, 09:31:30 AM »

Offline Peong

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1010 on: January 25, 2015, 10:44:23 AM »
I like the faked pass, turn and shot.  Is high time he start playing unpredictably like that again.
Good stuff.

Offline Trini _2026

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1011 on: January 25, 2015, 11:27:52 AM »
mostly  headers he scores ..
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4</a>

Offline maxg

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1012 on: January 25, 2015, 12:54:57 PM »
mostly  headers he scores ..
Yeah..ah wonder how does a person manage that ...or does he usually miss all the bicycle kicks   :D

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1013 on: January 26, 2015, 06:52:53 PM »
Kenwyne Jones is staying at Cardiff City - Russell Slade insists his star striker will stay as January fire sale continues
By Steve Tucker (Wales Online)

Cardiff City boss Russell Slade insists top-scorer Kenwyne Jones is staying at the club.

As the Bluebirds manager looks to cut the club’s wage bill, Jones remains one of the biggest earners at the club.

But Jones underlined his value as he made it 12 goals for the season and six in his last eight games when he opened the scoring in the FA Cup defeat to Reading.

“We’ve had no enquiries for Kenwyne,” said Slade.

“I am fairly confident that he will be here at the end of the month. Obviously if a ginormous offer came in for him then that would be left with the owner and chief executive and the committee, but, from my point of view, I’d like him here.

“He is our leading scorer.

“I’ve had assurances. At this stage there is no kind of mandate to lose Kenwyne Jones at all.”

There have been a number of high-profile exits as Cardiff seek to slash their wage bill. But Slade insisted it was not inevitable the club’s bigger players would be part of the cull.

“Not all the big earners will go,” added Slade.

“It depends who that might be and what position as well. We can take a hit on a midfielder or a centre-back. We still have work to do.

“I think it will be a busy week again for people at the football club. There are likely to be one or two more who exit the club, but we will balance that with one or two coming in as well.”

Offline Peong

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1014 on: January 26, 2015, 10:34:11 PM »
Ginormous?  Time to sack Slade.

Offline trini supporter

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1015 on: January 27, 2015, 05:06:59 AM »
Is this wage cutting going to affect Hylands chances? any update on him

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
« Reply #1016 on: January 27, 2015, 06:26:41 AM »

He is in Norway trailing with Strømsgodset.

The real measure of a man's character is what he would do if he knew he would never be found out.

Offline Mose

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1017 on: January 27, 2015, 08:53:07 AM »

He is in Norway trailing with Strømsgodset.

Thought he was offered a loan deal by Cardiff. What happened?
Are you a match? It's too late for Emru, but maybe you can help save someone's life: http://www.healemru.com

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1018 on: January 28, 2015, 04:49:03 PM »

Offline Mad Scorpion a/k/a Big Bo$$

• Hero Warrior
  • a/k/a Optimus Prime
    • View Profile
« Reply #1019 on: January 29, 2015, 10:20:31 AM »
I cah even force my self to believe that lol

1]; } ?>