March 28, 2024, 06:20:26 AM

Poll

Will a Premiership side save Kenwyne when Cardiff get relegated?

Yes
6 (18.8%)
No
26 (81.3%)

Total Members Voted: 31

Author Topic: Kenwyne Jones Thread  (Read 244287 times)

Offline dreamer

• Hero Warrior
  • These fellas are real Warriors.
    • View Profile
Re: Kenwyne Jones Thread
« Reply #1050 on: April 02, 2015, 10:09:30 AM »
Good interview by Kenwyne Jones.
Supportin' de Warriors right tru.

Offline Majestic

• Jr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1051 on: April 02, 2015, 10:13:56 AM »
“The aspiration at the moment is to work well and to keep the run going. Being on top, winning games, playing well and hopefully tipping them over the top to promotion. From what I have seen from the past few days, they are of the mindset of actually finishing first and not just getting promoted by finishing second. I’m happy to come into a place where everyone is of the same mindset so that in itself makes it easier for you to come in to push yourself and to become part of the furniture so that’s the aspiration for now. When that finishes, we’ll have a rest and then see what happens.”

Forward Skipper...
He Is Highly

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1052 on: April 03, 2015, 12:01:48 PM »
Cardiff City manager says “I don't think Kenwyne Jones has played last Cardiff City game”
http://www.walesonline.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/russell-slade-qa-joe-mason-8975816
The Conquering Lion of Judah shall break every chain.

Offline SHOTTA

• HE WHO HESITATES MASTURBATES
  • Hero Warrior
  • NIGGAS JUST HATE ME BECAUSE THEY CANT BE ME
    • View Profile
« Reply #1053 on: April 03, 2015, 12:02:50 PM »
he now come on and buss the net with his first touch
now that we have mastered the language we can wield it as we may

Offline injunchile

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1054 on: April 03, 2015, 12:26:58 PM »
First Touch and the big man muscle his way and score with a header. What a debut for our skipper and the double flip. happy days are here again. Today is really Good Friday

Offline 1-868

• Hero Warrior
  • Haters love me
    • View Profile
« Reply #1055 on: April 03, 2015, 02:16:37 PM »
Phenomenal, lovely atmosphere.

Offline Peong

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1056 on: April 03, 2015, 03:42:19 PM »
That is a brilliant header!

Daiz a nex Trinbago colours side Kenwyne playing for eh.

Offline de_redman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1057 on: April 03, 2015, 05:32:35 PM »
Eddie Howe delighted with Bournemouth's 1-1 draw at Ipswich

Skysports.com
Eddie Howe hailed his AFC Bournemouth side after they came away with a point at promotion rivals Ipswich with an equaliser he claimed was an "un-Bournemouth goal".

After seeing his side go behind to Freddie Sears' ninth minute opener, Bournemouth created a number of good chances but could find no way past Ipswich goalkeeper Bartosz Bialkowski.

That changed eight minutes from time when the usual free-flowing Bournemouth looked more direct and Kenwyne Jones headed home Matt Ritchie's corner.

Bialkowski was the injury-time hero once again when he brilliantly tipped away Yann Kermorgant's towering header to ensure both teams had to settle for a point from this Sky Bet Championship match.

Howe admitted he was disappointed that his side did not leave Suffolk with three points but hailed the impact of debutant Jones, who signed on loan from Cardiff 10 days ago.

Howe said: "Kenwyne is always going to be a presence but he is more than that - he has good feet.

"He can be very important for us and he scored a very un-Bournemouth goal if you like.

"I was delighted as we don't come back from losing positions very often but I still think we should have won the game, had we been more clinical in front of goal."

Bournemouth had started the day as leaders, while Ipswich briefly slipped out of the top six before kick-off.

The home side made the perfect start when some lacklustre defending allowed Daryl Murphy the time to control Cole Skuse's deep cross and tee up Sears to score and continue his fine form since signing from Colchester.

Bournemouth reacted well and the dangerous Ryan Fraser came closest to equalising, only to be denied by a brilliant save from Bialkowski.

The second half was evenly matched, although Bournemouth keeper Artur Boric denied the onrushing Luke Varney before Jones claimed the equaliser.

Ipswich boss Mick McCarthy conceded that his side's tilt at an automatic promotion spot was almost over.

He added: "I can't honestly say it wasn't a fair result, they had a lot of the game. That said, of course I am disappointed to concede like that.

"They put on a very expensive acquisition (in Jones) and maybe he has started to pay some of that back with that goal.

"There is an irony that we are meant to be a direct, long ball team and they put someone on and launch it to him to score.

"It was probably a must-win (for automatic promotion) but all we can keep doing is adding to the points and see where it takes us on May 2.

"Ipswich has a team to be proud of and we are a real threat to anyone we play against."

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1058 on: April 04, 2015, 06:26:29 AM »
Good goal by KJ.  Boy, he always seem to get transferred to a red and black team.

Offline soccerman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1059 on: April 04, 2015, 10:25:41 AM »
I have to agree, good goal by Kenwyne! KJ play to your strengths and do it well, that's the nature of the business.

Offline mukumsplau

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1060 on: April 04, 2015, 10:42:46 AM »
thats a brilliant header. did well to shake of the two defenders

Offline trini_stallion

• Hero Warrior
  • soca in mih veins, soca in mih blood...
    • View Profile
« Reply #1061 on: April 06, 2015, 04:36:34 PM »
Came on for 2 minutes today and had the keeper outstretched to make a save...bourne mouth win 4-2...

Man turning in up De championship. ..keep it up skipper!
Soca in mih vein, Soca in meh blood
Soca in yuh vein, Soca in blood,
Soca in we vein, Soca in we blood,
It's a heart of love, can't deny soca, cuz its good fuh de soul...
Trinidad and Tobago jump up now!

Offline Peong

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1062 on: April 06, 2015, 05:13:54 PM »
Wait I now realise that that was another debut goal for Jones.  That man have a knack.

Yeah I might need a checkup.

Bournemouth don't have any more games against promotion rivals.
Never been in the prem before either.
« Last Edit: April 06, 2015, 05:23:52 PM by Peong »

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1063 on: April 17, 2015, 07:37:06 PM »
Jones features in the latest issue of Bournemouth’s Matchday Programme
afcb.co.uk

Kenwyne Jones is the cover star of Matchday for the penultimate home game of the 2014/15 season.

As well as discussing his career to date, the targetman discusses his plans for the future.

“I had trials at Middlesbrough and Glasgow Rangers a couple of times before I got a move to England, but the time wasn’t right for anything to be done,” he tells Matchday.

“In 2004 Paul Sturrock signed me at Southampton, which is where the story continued.

“When he left and went to Sheffield Wednesday, I went there on loan and scored seven in seven.

“At the time I was 19 and a bit scrawnier, but it was my first experience in league football, and I have fond memories of it because that’s where I first went and did well.

“It pushed them in the right direction and it was special to be part of such a big club even for a short time.

“Sometimes I think of it as my life going in full circle because I started on the south coast and now at this point 11 years later I am back here.

“I also went to Stoke on loan and I ended up signing for them a few years after, so it’s a bit funny but that’s the way life goes and that’s the way this football game goes, so you have to sit and wait and see what’s going to unfold.”

As always, the 100 page issue also includes lots more, including notes from Tommy Elphick, Eddie Howe and Jeff Mostyn.

Adam Smith reminisces on his school days, senior analyst Garvan Stewart speaks in the final word and there are also action images from Ipswich Town, Brighton & Hove Albion and Reading.

Offline elan

• Go On ......Get In There!!!!!!!!
  • Hero Warrior
  • WaRRioR fOr LiFe!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1064 on: April 27, 2015, 02:30:11 PM »
Bournemouth roaring into the EPL.
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4</a>

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Cardiff City make £600,000 from Kenwyne Jones loan deal to Bournemouth
« Reply #1065 on: April 28, 2015, 02:50:06 PM »
Cardiff City make £600,000 from Kenwyne Jones loan deal to Bournemouth... and he's only played 41 minutes!
By Terry Phillips (Wales Online)

Cardiff City have earned a huge £250,000 bonus thanks to Bournemouth’s incredible promotion to the Premier League.

The windfall is part of the loan deal that saw Cardiff striker Kenwyne Jones controversially move to the Cherries in January.

That deal has now netted the Bluebirds an impressive £600,000 in total after Bournemouth also paid an initial £350,000 loan fee. The newly-promoted club have also paid all of Jones' substantial wages during his stay.

Jones has only played a total of 41 minutes in five appearances off the bench, meaning the Bluebirds have received £14,634 for every minute of action he's played.

Bournemouth clinched their place in the top flight, barring an astonishing turnaround of 20 goals on the final day of the season this Sunday, with a 3-0 victory against Bolton when Jones was an unused substitute.

H has scored one goal since his move to the south coast a month ago and is still eligible for Bournemouth in this Sunday’s last Championship fixture at Charlton.

Trinidad and Tobago international Jones, who has a year left on his Cardiff City contract, will then return to South Wales next week for talks on his Bluebirds future with manager Russell Slade.

Jones is City’s top scorer with 13 goals this season and has described his loan move to Bournemouth as ‘bizarre’.

Asked if he will play for Cardiff again, he said: “I don’t know. I absolutely don’t know. Whatever the thought process behind all of this is, it’s not down to me. In a couple of months or about three months, you’ll probably find out what’s the next step and, hopefully, it’s a step in the right direction, whichever direction it is.”

He added: “I have seen and been through quite a lot in football and this one was a bit surprising,” he said. “I got a call on Thursday at a quarter-past-eight talking about interest.

“I was like, with seven games to go, I don’t really see the sense in it. By a quarter-to-nine, it was finished. Whatever transpired between whoever in that 30 minutes, I don’t know.”

Offline trini_stallion

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1066 on: April 28, 2015, 03:11:59 PM »
Damn 14,634 a minute. ...is that like a all time highest paid athlete...even if was just only for a bit  ;D

Offline de_redman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1067 on: April 28, 2015, 06:50:06 PM »
Damn 14,634 a minute. ...is that like a all time highest paid athlete...even if was just only for a bit  ;D
In the scheme of things it is worth every penny. His one goal was worth one more point. Without that point they would be playing for their lives next week! Remember premiership money is crazy and can in no way compare to championship dregs!

Offline de_redman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1068 on: May 02, 2015, 08:37:09 AM »
In the scheme of things it is worth every penny. His one goal was worth one more point. Without that point they would be playing for their lives next week! Remember premiership money is crazy and can in no way compare to championship dregs!
And look at that, they just won the championship league title by one point  ;D

Offline AB.Trini

• Hero Warrior
  • yuh cyar take meh ancestry from meh
    • View Profile
« Reply #1069 on: May 03, 2015, 12:05:42 PM »
Will we see mr. Jones in the EPL next year?

Offline Mose

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1070 on: May 04, 2015, 09:08:01 AM »
I believe that is to be decided.
Are you a match? It's too late for Emru, but maybe you can help save someone's life: http://www.healemru.com

Offline Dinner Mints

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Cory Thomas: Illustration and Design
« Reply #1071 on: May 04, 2015, 09:44:39 PM »
Will we see mr. Jones in the EPL next year?
We eh even seeing him in de Championship. Bournemouth giving him pigeon sweat off de bench. Unless a Leicester or somebody come in for him, I really eh seeing it.

Think I've been hearing hint bout de MLS as a possibility recently.

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Kenwyne Jones still unclear on long-term future
« Reply #1072 on: May 05, 2015, 05:00:10 AM »
Kenwyne Jones still unclear on long-term future
By Andy Mitchell (Bournemouth Echo
)

LOAN star Kenwyne Jones admitted he is no closer to an answer on his long-term future – despite Cherries’ title success.

The Cardiff frontman, who completed a last-ditch loan move to Dean Court for the final seven games of the season, played just 41 minutes in the red and black but popped up with a crucial equaliser on his debut at Ipswich.

Jones, a Trinidad and Tobago international, has a year to run on his contract with City but is yet to hold talks with his parent club.

“I have not had any discussions with anyone about anything yet. Right now, I just want to enjoy the moment and what happens in the future will happen.

“When the time comes to have that conversation, we will see.”

Meanwhile, Jones insisted Cherries had deserved their “fairytale” finish to the Championship title race having found the perfect mix of style and substance.

“I would like to say congratulations to the football club and all the fans because, more than anything, they deserved to win the league,” he added.

“It does not matter what style of play you have, it is all about getting results and points. But they did it in the way they wanted to, played the best football all season and won the Championship so kudos to them.

“We knew there was a chance of the title so it was about keeping focus, putting forward the right kind of performance and getting among the goals.

“It was some sort of fairytale with Watford slipping up and sometimes, that is how it happens.

“We couldn’t really focus on them, though. It was about protecting the unbeaten run and giving the fans something to go away with. We didn’t want it to be a situation where we didn’t perform properly.”

Fielding a question on the future on on-loan goalkeeper Artur Boruc, Cherries manager Eddie Howe said: "We are reviewing all the players' futures at the moment and what happens with our loan players.”

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Western Sydney Wanderers chasing Cardiff hit-man Kenwyne Jones
« Reply #1073 on: June 09, 2015, 08:54:18 AM »
By David Lewis (The World Game)

Trinidad and Tobago striker Kenwyne Jones is understood to be on Western Sydney Wanderers’ wanted list as coach Tony Popovic sets about rebuilding his strike force for next season.

With the attacking trident of Tomi Juric, Kerem Bulut and Nikita Rukavytsya all departing the Wanderers, Popovic - who knows all about Jones from his time in England as a player and then assistant coach at Crystal Palace - is believed to be keen to bring the 30-year-old Cardiff City forward to Pirtek Stadium.

Muscular and menacing, Jones has scored 88 goals in 343 games over the past 11 seasons in his spells with Southampton, Sheffield Wednesday (loan), Stoke City (twice), Sunderland, Cardiff City and AFC Bournemouth (loan).

Jones has a year remaining on a lucrative contract with the Bluebirds – who he joined from Stoke 18 months ago – having just returned from a loan spell with Bournemouth, where he scored once in six games off the bench as the Cherries won promotion to the promised land of the Premier League.

Cardiff, relegated from the top tier in 2013-2014, is desperate to reduce its wage bill with Jones reportedly the club’s top earner on $58,000 per week.

Even as an international marquee, he could not expect to earn anything close to that at Western Sydney but the club has signalled its interest and is hoping Jones’s sense of football adventure might outweigh purely financial considerations.

Before his January loan move to Bournemouth, which finished top of the Championship, Jones had netted 11 times in 34 appearances for Cardiff.

Capped 88 times by his country, Jones is known for being headstrong and was fined two weeks' wages at Stoke City in January last year after texting coach Mark Hughes to inform him he was 'unavailable' to play against Liverpool.

Stoke, which paid Sunderland $16 million for Jones in 2010, went on to lose the game 5-3 and he departed the Britannia Stadium in a swap deal with Peter Odemwingie two week later.

The World Game approached Jones’s UK agent for a comment on his future but received no reply.

Offline Mose

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1074 on: June 09, 2015, 09:10:25 AM »
Might as well come MLS rather than go Australia.
Are you a match? It's too late for Emru, but maybe you can help save someone's life: http://www.healemru.com

Offline Errol

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1075 on: June 09, 2015, 09:29:08 AM »
By David Lewis (The World Game)

Trinidad and Tobago striker Kenwyne Jones is understood to be on Western Sydney Wanderers’ wanted list as coach Tony Popovic sets about rebuilding his strike force for next season.

With the attacking trident of Tomi Juric, Kerem Bulut and Nikita Rukavytsya all departing the Wanderers, Popovic - who knows all about Jones from his time in England as a player and then assistant coach at Crystal Palace - is believed to be keen to bring the 30-year-old Cardiff City forward to Pirtek Stadium.

Muscular and menacing, Jones has scored 88 goals in 343 games over the past 11 seasons in his spells with Southampton, Sheffield Wednesday (loan), Stoke City (twice), Sunderland, Cardiff City and AFC Bournemouth (loan).

Jones has a year remaining on a lucrative contract with the Bluebirds – who he joined from Stoke 18 months ago – having just returned from a loan spell with Bournemouth, where he scored once in six games off the bench as the Cherries won promotion to the promised land of the Premier League.

Cardiff, relegated from the top tier in 2013-2014, is desperate to reduce its wage bill with Jones reportedly the club’s top earner on $58,000 per week.

Even as an international marquee, he could not expect to earn anything close to that at Western Sydney but the club has signalled its interest and is hoping Jones’s sense of football adventure might outweigh purely financial considerations.

Before his January loan move to Bournemouth, which finished top of the Championship, Jones had netted 11 times in 34 appearances for Cardiff.

Capped 88 times by his country, Jones is known for being headstrong and was fined two weeks' wages at Stoke City in January last year after texting coach Mark Hughes to inform him he was 'unavailable' to play against Liverpool.

Stoke, which paid Sunderland $16 million for Jones in 2010, went on to lose the game 5-3 and he departed the Britannia Stadium in a swap deal with Peter Odemwingie two week later.

The World Game approached Jones’s UK agent for a comment on his future but received no reply.

Who wrote this article, Ian Prescott?

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1076 on: June 09, 2015, 12:13:59 PM »

Who wrote this article, Ian Prescott?

This is from an Australian website. Stoke paid £8 million for KJ, which in Australian dollars amounts to $16 million.

Offline trini_stallion

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1077 on: June 09, 2015, 01:38:22 PM »
This man hv no premier league interest? Anybody know anything?

Offline Sando prince

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1078 on: June 16, 2015, 01:38:09 PM »
Whappen? nobody want to assess KJ performance for his country in the recent match against Jordan?  :D

man does only have mouth when their favorite players play couple good games for their clubs

Offline Dinner Mints

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Cory Thomas: Illustration and Design
« Reply #1079 on: June 16, 2015, 04:46:04 PM »
man does only have mouth when their least favorite players play couple bad games
Agreed.

1]; } ?>