March 28, 2024, 05:20:30 PM

Poll

Will a Premiership side save Kenwyne when Cardiff get relegated?

Yes
6 (18.8%)
No
26 (81.3%)

Total Members Voted: 31

Author Topic: Kenwyne Jones Thread  (Read 244408 times)

Offline pull stones

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Kenwyne Jones Thread
« Reply #1080 on: June 16, 2015, 10:24:54 PM »
just finish watching the game.......again, and again i am baffled beyond compare as to how this guy managed 8 years in the EPL. i was never a kenwin jones fan, sorry. this brother cannot run with the ball he's clumsy he cannot dribble he has the first touch of a rhino he's soft he complains a lot he's big for nothing he doesn't out muscle players with his size, and the really sad thing is that the one strength he does have our players don't capitalize on it not merely enough, and that's his aerial prowess. on average our wingers should be putting in at least ten crosses in the box if not more per game.
« Last Edit: July 30, 2015, 04:31:12 PM by pull stones »

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Kenwyne Jones linked to Columbus Crew SC
« Reply #1081 on: July 02, 2015, 03:54:01 PM »
Kenwyne Jones linked to Columbus Crew SC
By Patrick Guldan (massivereport.com)

The transfer window opens in a couple days and the rumors are heating up. With Crew SC sitting at the edge of the Eastern Conference playoff picture, the team could use some reinforcements. So start the rumor mill.

Kenwyne Jones is a Trinidad and Tobago international. He is a bruising target forward who currently plays for Cardiff City in the Championship, a step below the English Premier League. He scored 13 times to lead the team despite being sent on loan to Bournemouth in late March.

As evidenced by the loan deal, Jones is most certainly available as Cardiff looks to cut costs. He has a year left on his deal, but I'm sure his team would love to get his reported $45,000 a week salary off the balance sheet for a cut rate fee.

That leaves Crew SC on the hook for a large salary. Jones likely won't want to terminate his $2.4 million a year deal to accept a lot less money. Jones would very likely be a Designated Player coming into a system that currently uses a single forward. Either Berhalter is changing systems or augmenting the striker corps at a high cost. I'm not sure the math makes sense.

Now to fully bury the lead. A prospective Jones transfer is a very long shot. Coming back to how this rumor started. It's a single tweet from a single source. Many of these sources are agents who are trying to stir up interest in their player. The definitions of talks gets a little loose. I've received emails and tweets suggesting Crew SC are in negotiations with a player and some come to fruition while nothing came from plenty others. I take those with a grain of salt.

It also could be very true that the team did reach out to Jones to gauge his interest in coming to MLS. Perhaps Jones doesn't want to give up his European adventure. Maybe Crew SC doesn't like the salary requirements that Jones came back with. Those are talks, just not fruitful ones.

Frankly, I expect Crew SC is talking to several players over the course of the year. Many of those conversations never get past the early stages. Jones very well may fit into that scenario. It's a challenge to find players who fit the system, at the right price, and with the right mentality. You talk to a lot of players to find the ones that want to be in town and the ones who fit payroll.

I certainly could be wrong. I doubted the Cedrick Mabwati transfer would go through, but Crew SC got the deal done. However, when I look at what this team needs, the salary Jones would command, and the thin sourcing, I see this as a very long shot.
The Conquering Lion of Judah shall break every chain.

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Trinidad and Tobago star Kenwyne Jones in talks with multiple MLS clubs
« Reply #1082 on: July 18, 2015, 05:48:03 AM »
Trinidad and Tobago star Kenwyne Jones in talks with multiple MLS clubs
By Kyle Bonn (yanksarecoming.com)

Former Stoke, Sunderland, and Southampton striker Kenwyne Jones is in talks with two Major League Soccer clubs over a transfer to the United States, two sources close to the player confirmed to The Yanks Are Coming.

Jones was the spark plug for Trinidad & Tobago’s double comeback against Mexico on Wednesday night to secure the top spot in Group C of the 2015 Gold Cup, a feat the tiny island nation has never achieved. Jones was especially significant in the second half, bagging a goal and also was instrumental in two others, although he did net an unlucky own goal towards the end. The match, which ended in a 4-4 draw, is already being considered one of the best Gold Cup matches ever played.

Asked after the match if he felt this was an audition in the United States, Jones said his past speaks for itself. “No, absoutely not. I don’t think I have to come prove myself. I’ve been playing in England all my career – what…12, 13 years? – so I don’t think I have to come prove myself and what I can do.”

Jones has been playing with the Trinidad & Tobago national team for 12 years, and has 75 caps, the 9th most in his country’s history. He likened Wednesday’s emotional comeback to a 2005 World Cup qualifier against Mexico, where the team came back to win 2-1 and secure a qualifying place in the Hexagonal, eventually qualifying for the 2006 World Cup. He mentioned how he was just 19 years old then, and how this match can be for the country’s younger players what the 2005 game was for him.

Jones is currently under contract with Cardiff City until the summer of 2016 but his future there is in question. Since signing with Cardiff City, he’s scored 13 goals in 47 Championship appearances, and was sent on loan to Bournemouth this past March, scoring a goal and proving a positive addition to the squad that would eventually earn promotion to the Premier League. However, his wage bill is reportedly over £30,000 per week, something Cardiff would likely wish to shed while playing in the English second tier.

Speaking prior to training Tuesday night in Charlotte, Jones fell just short of confirming he would be moving to the United States, and spoke very highly of MLS.

“With the league growing such as this, and it being much closer to home for me, sometimes it’s a no-brainer, but it depends on if everything comes together for that to happen,” the Port Fortin native said of a potential move to MLS. “We all know that soccer, or football, here is run different than it is everywhere else, so it might take a lot of things, or it might take nothing for me to be here, so I can’t really worry about it. I’m happy that my name is being linked and I welcome that, but we’ll just have to wait and see what happens.”

According to a pair of sources, Jones is in talks with two playoff caliber clubs with open Designated Player spots, a position he would likely occupy given he is unlikely to agree to a salary cut to move to the United States.

At age 30 – set to turn 31 in early October – Jones specifically referenced a hope of extending his career in the near future. “Playing football in different places is attractive,” Jones said at Bank of America Stadium. “You don’t get to do this all your life – most people finish at 35 [years old] if they’re lucky.”

Jones has a long history of success as a pure target man in the English game. During stints with Southampton, Stoke City, and Sunderland, Jones has 40 Premier League goals to his name across 195 appearances, plus another 34 goals in 122 Championship matches. He’s had even more success in limited action outside of league play, with 19 goals in 40 appearances between the FA Cup, English League Cup, and Europa League.

It’s easy to point to both the present and past history of target men in Major League Soccer as reasons why Jones could be successful in the league. Most recently, Columbus Crew striker and the league’s current leading scorer Kei Kamara – who had much less success in the English game than Jones – is tearing up opponents with 12 goals through 19 games. Jones ability to win the ball in the air or make the difficult hold-up play with a defender draped over a shoulder, like he did on this Trinidad goal last night, would immediately make him one of the better forwards in MLS.

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Kenwyne Jones sparks spirit of 2006
« Reply #1083 on: July 18, 2015, 08:55:37 AM »
Kenwyne Jones sparks spirit of 2006
FIFA.com

“I don’t have to hold their hands,” Trinidad and Tobago skipper Kenwyne Jones told FIFA.com. “I say what I need to say when I need to say it, but when you’re wearing the national team shirt, you better be ready to be a man no matter what your age.”

Jones is the team’s hulking No9. He’s impossible to miss on the pitch, where he throws himself through the air, knocking down long balls from midfield. At 30, he’s the oldest player in a very young Trinidad and Tobago side at the 2015 CONCACAF Gold Cup. His voice is soft and calm. He leads by example, and his experience speaks in thick volumes to his eager team-mates.

The year 2006 holds a special place in the hearts of Trinidad and Tobago football fans. It was the year that their beloved Soca Warriors finally reached the FIFA World Cup™ finals. Jones was the youngest member of that side in Germany led by wise old Dutchman Leo Beenhakker. There, he studied at the feet of masters like Dwight Yorke and Russell Latapy, who aren’t just icons on the islands but heroes of the CONCACAF canon.

Sole survivor
Jones is the only surviving member of that 2006 team, and he recalls the famous goalless draw against Zlatan Ibrahimovic’s Sweden in Dortmund with a twinge, almost of longing, in his voice. But the lean striker is no longer the bright-eyed baby in the team, the chaser of lost causes. He’s not shining anyone’s boots. He’s the old man, cutting a path through the high grass for the faster, younger legs that surround him in red.

“There’s something special about this team,” said Jones, who now plays in England’s second tier with Cardiff City after years in the English Premier League with Stoke City and Sunderland. “It’s desire. These boys have a serious focus and they know they’re the future of the Trinidad and Tobago national team. If they do it right, they can have careers for ten years,” he added, looking back from the other end of his own decade as a Soca Warrior.

Trinidad and Tobago have been the true revelation of this CONCACAF cup of nations. They finished top of their group with a pair of wins over Cuba and Guatemala and then drew against mighty Mexico, six-time champions, in a 4-4 thriller that many pundits are calling the greatest Gold Cup game every played. “We just didn’t want to lose our momentum,” said Jones in his own understated way about the Mexico draw that clinched T&T's first-place in the section.

The dread-locked striker was at the heart of that wild and woolly game, in which his side clawed back from two goals down. He scored a pair of goals (one in each net) and set up another. His presence in attack, especially during the second-half, bent the game toward his island side. The Mexican defenders backed off the big man, unable to contain him. When Jones hit the deck hard, Mexican hands were offered to help him up off the turf. The respect there was clear.

Jones goes a little cool when talk turns to the fans back home on the two islands. It’s no wonder, really. In the decade since 2006, all national teams have been measured, often cruelly, against those immortals. The current side, led by coach Stephen Hart and with so many youngsters, departed Port of Spain with little fanfare and few expected much more than a good fight.

Damn the bandwagon
“Those who thought we were going just to make up the numbers, well they weren’t paying any attention,” Jones said, the cut of dismissal around the edges of his normally welcoming voice. “They are fickle back home and some of them are really just cynics. They wrote us off and now they all want to jump on the bandwagon. We need to ignore it, because we’re the only ones who can win or lose here.”

They haven’t lost yet, and the combination of speed, power and youthful exuberance is winning them fans all over the region. This is the first time the team has ever topped their group at the tournament. And captain Jones, for one, is caught up in the spirit.

“How far can we go?” he repeated the question thoughtfully, letting it hang in the air ahead of the quarter-final date on Sunday with 2013 runners-up Panama. “We wanted to go one better than last time, when we reached the quarters. So, if we can get to the semi-finals, anything can happen. We know we can upset teams here,” he concluded, his voice rising, the old campaigner sounding like a young man all over again.

Offline Spursy

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
  • Willis Plaza Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #1084 on: July 18, 2015, 09:24:14 AM »
nice read flex

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
« Reply #1085 on: July 23, 2015, 02:06:58 AM »
Jones: A lot of love in this squad.
By Shaun Fuentes (Guardian).

T&T captain Kenwyne Jones wants the public to know that the driving force behind the current national senior team is the love and belief among players and members of staff.

He believes that it is the only way to bring about any kind of positive change whether it be with matters on or off the football field.

The Cardiff City player said the country at large could take a page out of his team’s approach.

“This team went from being one that nobody gave a chance of doing anything worthwhile to one that not only surprised many and surpassed expectations but also put us back on the map and can now have people feeling a positive vibe and seeing the country in a positive light,” Jones said a day after his team exited the Concacaf Gold Cup with a defeat to Panama in penalty kicks in New Jersey.

“And I have been around a lot of national teams, the biggest achievers being the 2006 squad where there was a strong bond and I can say now that this bunch of players has a tight bond. There is love and the feeling that if we do things together and continue to do things the right way, then we can go on to reach places.

“We are not perfect and like everything else, we have mishaps, we make errors but what brings us through it is that togetherness and willingness to work hard to achieve. I think the country could use this as well. Right now there are a lot of things happening in our country that may not be always pleasing but coming together and putting things into perspective and working on things the way it should be, could do a lot of for us,” the T&T captain said.

Jones also addressed his teammates after the loss, saying: “Nobody except all of us in this unit would know what you had to go through and what you have to do to get to where we got to. And we need to keep pushing on. People will have things to say but once we stick together and keep doing things the right way, then we reach where we want to be.”

The real measure of a man's character is what he would do if he knew he would never be found out.

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Kenwyne Jones a 'big part' of Cardiff's plans, says Russell Slade
« Reply #1086 on: July 30, 2015, 03:29:09 PM »
Kenwyne Jones a 'big part' of Cardiff's plans, says Russell Slade
BBC Sports

Kenwyne Jones remains a "big part" of Cardiff City's plans, according to manager Russell Slade.

Jones is expected to return to training on Wednesday for the first time this summer after being on international duty with Trinidad and Tobago.

The 30-year-old striker was loaned to Bournemouth at the end of last season and said he did not know if he was wanted by Cardiff.

But Slade said: "He's our player and a big part of what we are trying to do."

Jones played every minute of every match for his country at the Gold Cup, held in America and Canada in July, as the Soca Warriors reached the quarter-finals.

Ten days after losing to Panama on penalties in the last eight, his fitness will now be assessed by Cardiff before Slade decides whether to involve him in Friday's final pre-season friendly at Premier League newcomers Bournemouth.

Jones ended last season on loan with the Cherries, a move he found "surprising" and prompted him to question if he had a future with Cardiff.

He has a year left on his contract after joining from Stoke in January 2014 and Slade says the striker has plenty to offer.

"Obviously we need to give him a little bit of time, we'll see how he is from his excursions," said Slade after Tuesday's 2-1 friendly win over Watford.

"But of course, he's our player. Hopefully he's fit, we'll do all the screening and testing we need to do with him and see where he's at."

Cardiff's lack of transfer activity so far this summer and the imminent departure of forwards Javi Guerra and Adam Le Fondre suggests Jones will be needed to bolster striking options.

Slade admitted he had expected to sign more senior players having so far only recruited Sammy Ameobi on a season-long loan from Newcastle, but said there was a "possibility" of signing others before the first game of the Championship season against Fulham on 8 August.

"It's all a question of spinning plates. We haven't done as much business as others - that doesn't necessarily mean we're not going to challenge for anything because I think we've got a good group [of players]."

"Derby and Middlesbrough have shed out a lot of money early on, but apart from those two I don't think there's been an awful lot of activity."

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1087 on: July 30, 2015, 03:43:50 PM »
Yeah right! One minutes they want to ship him out, the next he is our man.
« Last Edit: July 30, 2015, 03:50:59 PM by Deeks »

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Sheffield Wednesday want Cardiff City striker Kenwyne Jones on season-long loan
By Simon Gaskell (Wales Online)

Sheffield Wednesday are willing to push the boat out to sign Cardiff City striker Kenwyne Jones, according to reports.

The Sun says the ambitious Owls are in talks with the Bluebirds over a deal to take Jones to South Yorkshire on a season-long loan.

Jones has spent time on loan at Wednesday before in 2004/5 when he was at Southampton. He made a big impact at Hillsborough during that spell, scoring seven goals in as many games.

Wednesday were taken over by Thai owners at the beginning of the year.

Dejphon Chansiri, whose family control the Thai Union Frozen Group - the world’s largest producer of tuna as well as one of the biggest worldwide general seafood producers - acquired 100% of the shareholding in the club.

Chansiri installed Portuguese Carlos Carvalhal as head coach at the start of the month and has set his eyes on Premier League football.

Jones was also linked with a move to the MLS this month, with Columbus Crew said to be leading the chase for his signature.

He rejoined the Bluebirds today after leading Trinidad and Tobago to the quarter-finals of their Concacaf Gold Cup campaign in America this summer before eventual defeat to Panama on penalties.

The 30-year-old was due to be in the squad to face Bournemouth at the Vitality Stadium in Dorset tomorrow evening, where Russell Slade leads his side in their latest pre-season friendly.

Powerful centre-forward Jones could make a return having finished last season on loan with the Cherries, helping manager Eddie Howe’s team clinch the Championship title and promotion.

Speaking this week, Bluebirds boss Slade had said: “Kenwyne will be assessed by our fitness and conditioning staff, but he played four full matches for Trinidad and Tobago in the Gold Cup and we expect Kenwyne to be ready.

“He will train with the main group on Thursday and be involved at Bournemouth.”

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Cardiff City striker Kenwyne Jones in contention for season opener
« Reply #1089 on: August 04, 2015, 08:31:58 AM »
Cardiff City striker Kenwyne Jones in contention for season opener as Russell Slade rubbishes Sheffield Wednesday rumours
By Terry Phillips (Wales Online)

Striker Kenwyne Jones worked one-to-one with a fitness coach during an open training session at Cardiff City Stadium.

Manager Russell Slade, though, confirmed that Jones is in contention for a place in the Bluebirds’ matchday squad against Fulham at home this Saturday.

Jones arrived back from international duty last Wednesday, having played four full Gold Cup matches for Trinidad and Tobago in America.

Slade had hoped to include Jones against Bournemouth in City’s final pre-season match, but decided not to risk him.

“Kenwyne has played a lot of football and we are easing him back in,” said Slade. “He is fit, but we didn’t want to rush him back too quickly after all the playing and travelling he has done.”

Slade is keen to have Jones in his squad this season and says rumours of interest in the powerful forward from Sheffield Wednesday are off target.

“I don’t know anything about that, nothing at all,” says Slade.

“Kenwyne is a Cardiff player and part of our plans.”

Club officials have also confirmed they did not receive a bid from Major League Soccer club Columbus Crew for Jones, who finished last season on loan with Bournemouth and helped them clinch the Championship title and promotion.

He played every minute of his country’s four matches against Guatemala, Cuba, Mexico and Panama, scoring two goals in a campaign that saw them lose on penalties to Panama in the quarter-finals.

The former Stoke, Sunderland and Southampton forward has a year left on his Cardiff contract and Slade insists he will be staying with the club despite rumours of interest from Columbus Crew.

Italian striker Federico Macheda is back in training with Cardiff, but is still on his way back from a back injury.

Aron Gunnarsson trained with the main group after recovering from a hip problem, while central defenders Bruno Manga and Ben Turner were both at Cardiff City Stadium for treatment during the open training session.

They chatted to fans after being in the team photograph.

Manga was walking freely, although he is still on the mend from a knee injury, while Turner was wearing a protective plastic boot on an ankle.

Macheda, Manga and Turner will all miss this Saturday’s Championship opener against Fulham.

Offline SUPA

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1090 on: August 05, 2015, 05:22:49 AM »
Greetings to all. I am not a huge KJ fan, but I always respect and admire him as a T&T football player. On his day, he could be one of the most dangerous players in the world inside that box and on other occasions, forget about it. Ah do not have time tuh posts, but me or sometimes meh bois, we does log in now and then tuh read all yuh posts. Ah noticed there is a lot of new members, some of them cool and then there is a few go on like dey run things round here. Ah just saying be cool and doh violate. Yuh know wah ah mean? Who the hell is this Supa? Well this is Supa & De Enterprise, call ah friend, ask ah friend. Leh meh go and get ready tuh go tuh de people wuk in the airport.Give thanks to Allah all the time. HIGHLY BLESSED.
« Last Edit: August 05, 2015, 05:27:17 AM by SUPA »
RIP Micahel Jackson.

Money doh change we, we are de money changer. But fool if yuh dis, it will surely be danger. Large up de Enterprise and Alliance every time. KROSS KROSS.

Offline Peong

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1091 on: August 05, 2015, 10:30:17 AM »
Look supa yes.  Good to see old posters coming back.

Offline maxg

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1092 on: August 05, 2015, 04:01:31 PM »
Look supa yes.  Good to see old posters coming back.
an the whole Enterprise too   ;D

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1093 on: August 05, 2015, 04:05:18 PM »
Kenwyne Jones to miss Championship opener with either Sammy Ameobi or Alex Revell starting against Fulham

Sammy Ameobi or Alex Revell will lead Cardiff City’s attack against Fulham on Saturday as Kenwyne Jones misses out on the Championship opener.

Centre-forward Jones has been ruled out of the first league game at Cardiff City Stadium after suffering a minor muscle injury in training.

“Kenwyne is a little sore and won’t be risked,” said Bluebirds manager Russell Slade.

“We are hopeful he won’t be out for long.”

The loss of Jones is a blow for Cardiff, although Revell looked sharp when he scored twice in a 3-2 pre-season win at Bournemouth and 6ft 4ins Ameobi can play through the middle.

Joe Mason, who is in excellent form and has already scored four goals, is a certainty to play in attack and Slade must decide between Revell and Ameobi as his strike partner.

Aron Gunnarsson has been back in training this week, but is likely to be among the substitutes after missing some sessions with a minor hip problem.

Bruno Manga (knee), Ben Turner (ankle) and Federico Macheda (back) are all ruled out by injuries.

The Bluebirds have dismissed rumours West Brom are planning a second transfer swoop on the club.

Albion manager Tony Pulis has offered £4.5m for Scottish international goalkeeper David Marshall, although Cardiff want £5m-plus and talks continue.

But Slade says Albion have not made any sort of offer for winger Craig Noone.

Reports on the Football League World website said Albion are eyeing a move for Noone, but that appears to be off-target.

Noone, 27, shone in the Premier League for Cardiff two seasons ago, but is unlikely to be in the starting line-up against Fulham.

Offline AB.Trini

• Hero Warrior
  • yuh cyar take meh ancestry from meh
    • View Profile
« Reply #1094 on: August 08, 2015, 09:05:33 AM »
Stoke Sunderland Southhampton Bournemouth - what do all these teams have in common?

At one point or another
 KJ had some parts in  these teams promotion to the EPL yet at this juncture he has not been able to stick on the big stage with either? Why?

If Cardiff City  eh make this year, I sayKJget out join up in MLSwith Orlando and help getMolino on track for next season.
« Last Edit: August 08, 2015, 09:08:10 AM by AB.Trini »

Offline palos

• Hero Warrior
  • Test
    • View Profile
« Reply #1095 on: August 08, 2015, 09:34:14 AM »
At this stage of his career KJ could well go wherever he can maximize his earning potential
Carlos "The Rolls Royce" Edwards

Offline Dinner Mints

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Cory Thomas: Illustration and Design
« Reply #1096 on: August 08, 2015, 10:09:44 AM »
Stoke Sunderland Southhampton Bournemouth - what do all these teams have in common?

At one point or another
 KJ had some parts in  these teams promotion to the EPL yet at this juncture he has not been able to stick on the big stage with either? Why?
Kenwyne had no part in any of these teams promotions. Unless you count his one goal for Bournemouth while they were firmly on top the table.

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Kenwyne Jones linked with Israeli club Maccabi Tel Aviv
« Reply #1097 on: August 18, 2015, 09:05:25 AM »
Cardiff City striker Kenwyne Jones linked with Israeli club Maccabi Tel Aviv
By Jon Doel (Wales Online)

Cardiff City striker Kenwyne Jones is being linked with a possible move to Israel as his Bluebirds future remains in doubt.

Jones is yet to start a match for Cardiff this season after also being linked with the likes of Sheffield Wednesday and MLS side Columbus Crew throughout the summer.

The Trinidad captain was loaned to Bournemouth at the end of last season and could be a big name player to leave Cardiff City Stadium before the transfer window closes on September 1.

Israeli journalist Raphael Gellar, who is a correspondent for BBC World Service, reports Jones is looking at options in Israel, with Maccabi Tel Aviv and Haifa the only two clubs thought to be able to pay him.

Jones is believed to be the highest paid player at the Bluebirds, and it is known Russell Slade is keen to add another striker to his squad in the next fortnight.

Slade already has the likes of Joe Mason, Eoin Doyle, Alex Revell, Federico Macheda and Sammy Ameobi to choose from and it would not be a huge surprise to see Jones leave the club.

The Cardiff manager has also admitted he will be unable to sign a big name player unless he sells one of his top stars.

Former Cardiff striker Robert Earnshaw spent a period on loan at Maccabi Tel Aviv in 2012/13.

Jones made his first Championship appearance of the season against QPR on Saturday, coming on as a substitute for Alex Revell in the 59th minute.

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1098 on: August 18, 2015, 09:09:21 AM »
If dahis de case, he could geh a whiff of Champions League ball.

Offline SUPA

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1099 on: August 18, 2015, 09:16:19 AM »
Greetings to all. Much respect to Peong and Maxg. HIGHLY BLESSED.
RIP Micahel Jackson.

Money doh change we, we are de money changer. But fool if yuh dis, it will surely be danger. Large up de Enterprise and Alliance every time. KROSS KROSS.

Offline Controversial

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Gino McKoy
« Reply #1100 on: August 18, 2015, 09:33:49 AM »
Greetings to all. Much respect to Peong and Maxg. HIGHLY BLESSED.

blessings...

the brother from enterprise is back.. ;D

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Sheffield Wednesday warned Kenwyne Jones won't be cheap
« Reply #1101 on: August 20, 2015, 04:30:26 PM »
Sheffield Wednesday warned Kenwyne Jones won't be cheap as Bluebirds bosses await bid

Sheffield Wednesday want Cardiff City star Kenwyne Jones - but the Bluebirds insist he would be allowed to leave cheaply.

Jones spent time on loan at Wednesday more than a decade ago, scoring seven goals in seven matches, and now the Yorkshire club are keen to take him back to Hillsborough.

Portuguese coach Carlos Carvalhal is in charge at Wednesday but WalesOnline understands club advisor Glenn Roeder is heading up the interest in the giant striker.

The Owls initially asked about taking Jones on loan for the season, in a deal which might have involved the Bluebirds paying part of his wages, but they have not made a firm offer to sign him.

A Cardiff City source said: “We have not had an offer letter or a verbal letter. Nothing.

“If another club wants to sign one of our players they should make their offer and we would consider that on merit.

"We won’t let players go for less than we feel they are worth.”

Cardiff stayed firm on their £5m-plus valuation when Premier League West Brom wanted to sign goalkeeper David Marshall and the Midlands club have not returned with more than the initial £4m they offered.

Jones only has one year left on his contract but the Bluebirds insist that won't drive down his price and are prepared to gamble on him leaving for free next summer.

He was Cardiff’s top scorer on 14 goals last season and has a key role in the plans of manager Russell Slade, who is also keen to bring in another centre-forward to add more competition in attack.

Jones has yet to start a match for Cardiff this season, having suffered a minor calf strain after reporting back late because he was playing for Trinidad and Tobago during the Concacaf Gold Cup in America.

Alex Revell has started all four fixtures for the Bluebirds so far this season, with Jones left out, but indications are that Russell Slade is looking to pep up the potency of his strike force with 12 days of business remaining in the current transfer window.

Jones, 30, is in contention to start alongside Joe Mason in Saturday’s home Championship clash against Wolves.

While Jones' exit is far from certain, fellow strikers Javi Guerra and Etien Velikonja look sure to leave this month, as does goalkeeper Joe Lewis.

Offline kev

• Hero Warrior
  • Lifes a bitch, then you marry one
    • View Profile
« Reply #1102 on: August 22, 2015, 12:46:40 AM »
If Kenwyne moves he will need a new work permit (or at least thats how I understand it), under the new FA rules this year he won't get one, T & T have to be ranked in Top 50 by FIFA not Top 75 as it used to be.

Offline Thomo

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1103 on: August 22, 2015, 03:28:25 AM »
KJ has been in the UK since 2004 I would be shocked if he needs a work permit still and does not instead have at least a permanent residency permit.

Offline ckhan

• Hero Warrior
  • Pay Forward
    • View Profile
« Reply #1104 on: August 22, 2015, 11:38:02 AM »
Started today, scored with a header and subbed because of injury...
If a free society cannot help the many who are poor it cannot save the few who are rich.

- John F. Kennedy

Offline lefty

• Hero Warrior
  • would u like to buy an 'O'.........
    • View Profile
« Reply #1105 on: August 22, 2015, 08:49:07 PM »
Started today, scored with a header and subbed because of injury...

he didn't look to good when he went down, hope he ok
I pity the fool....

Offline pull stones

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1106 on: August 22, 2015, 08:51:23 PM »
how serious is the injury? from the clip it looked like an ankle injury. sure hope it's nothing too serious.

Offline pull stones

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1107 on: August 23, 2015, 07:37:36 PM »
regarding kenwin's injury i guess no new is good new after all.

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Kenwyne Jones: Cardiff City must keep 'quality' striker, says Fabio
« Reply #1108 on: August 23, 2015, 08:39:45 PM »
Kenwyne Jones: Cardiff City must keep 'quality' striker, says Fabio
BBC Sport

Cardiff City striker Kenwyne Jones must not be sold during the transfer window, says Bluebirds defender Fabio da Silva.

Jones, out of contract at the end of the season, has been linked with Championship rivals Sheffield Wednesday and two of Israel's top clubs.

The 30-year-old made his first start of the season on Saturday, scoring the opener in Cardiff's win over Wolves.

"We have to keep our good players and he is one of them. We have to keep them to fight for promotion," said Fabio.

"He's good in the air, he's good on the ball and he can finish. So he's a quality striker."

Jones was loaned to Bournemouth at the end of last season and said the move prompted him to question whether he had a future at Cardiff.

His involvement for Trinidad and Tobago at the Gold Cup, held in America and Canada in July, disrupted his pre-season preparation and meant he was deemed unfit by manager Russell Slade for the start of the Championship season.

Slade has consistently stressed the striker remains a "big part" of his plans, and said there was "nothing to report" on Jones's future following the win over Wolves.

That was also the message over goalkeeper David Marshall, who remains a target for West Brom.

An ankle injury forced Jones to leave early in the second half against Wolves, having put the home side ahead just before the break when he met Fabio's lofted ball into the penalty area to score his first goal for Cardiff since February.

And former Manchester United defender Fabio, who gave a man-of-the-match performance on his first league start this season, said Jones's imposing 6ft 2in frame makes him such a difficult proposition for any defender.

"It's very tough," said the 25-year-old Brazilian. "He's massive, he's huge. I'm not that big so it's very hard to defend against him [in training]."

Cardiff's victory was their first in the Championship this season, and Fabio said there is a obvious mood change in the squad compared to a year ago when they struggled under the hangover of Premier League relegation.

"The confidence was low after relegation and everyone was sad. That's not good," he said.

"So we have to keep going now. The confidence is making the team play well. When you win everyone is smiling and that's important."

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Nathan Blake: I'm amazed at the way Cardiff City have treated Kenwyne Jones
« Reply #1109 on: August 24, 2015, 09:20:19 PM »
Nathan Blake: I'm amazed at the way Cardiff City have treated Kenwyne Jones, it's shown a complete lack of respect to our best striker!
By Nathan Blake (Wales Online)

I’m amazed by the lack of respect Cardiff City have shown striker Kenwyne Jones.

The guy is head and shoulders above any other frontman currently at the club and, as a former striker myself, I know you should treat your No.1 just like that, as your No.1 player.

The way Jones has been treated by the Bluebirds, I believe, has been in danger of affecting him psychologically.

Strikers thrive off confidence and it seems a lot has been done at Cardiff to dent that belief. That is the worst thing you can do.

It was to his credit then that Jones got his first start of the season against Wolves and responded with the opening goal and an all-round performance that gave the Bluebirds a threat up front they simply lack when he is not on the pitch.

Keeping the guy happy is, for me, the most important thing right now. Make sure he is aware of his importance at the club and everything else will fall into place. He will get the club goals.

How the club can drop him to the bench is ridiculous as far as I am concerned. You start him. Jones has been treated poorly, never knowing if he will be picked or shunted out on loan.

I can’t think of a club where a star striker has been treated in such a manner.

Your main striker is the most important player at the club and must be treated accordingly.

Short of what seem to be financial considerations, I don’t think anyone who watches the Bluebirds regularly can even understand why Jones is not the club’s No.9.

Given that kind of support, Jones could get close to 30 goals for the Bluebirds this season.

I’m not sure the rest of the forwards all added together could even get to that number between them.

Joe Mason, for me, could get you 20 if he has a very good season, but Jones is another level.

The guy is an international striker, a Premier League striker, respect where it is due please Cardiff!

He brought a new dimension to the Bluebirds’ play against Wolves in a match where I thought things were much better all-round for Russell Slade’s side.

Jones did what he does best, keeping the ball nicely, little lay-offs to Kagisho Dikgacoi, who seems to be improving every game, little balls swept out-wide to Anthony Pilkington or little passes round the back where Mason was willing to do the running.

There was that typical goal from Jones to enjoy too.

It was unfortunate he went off injured, but when Sammy Ameobi came on he kind of continued where Jones had left off, albeit asking different questions of the Wolves’ defence.

He used his pace to run in behind and scored a cracking goal too.

Now, for me, what is the point of having all these wonderful weapons at your disposal if you are not going to use them?

Why use your most dangerous weapons for 10 minutes at the end?

Utilise your best players for 60, 70, 80 minutes. It is simple enough, but does not seem to have been happening at Cardiff City.

Don’t cut off your nose to spite your face, there’s no point in trying to prove a point.

Simply play your best players and you will be rewarded as Slade was against Wolves.

With that in mind, Ameobi should be starting. As for where he fits into things, well, that is what Slade is getting paid to decide.

There’s the making of a very good side at Cardiff now, as long as no one is let go.

I believe there is a very good spine to the side. David Marshall in goal, Bruno Manga, who is nearing fitness, at the back and Jones up-front.

Things are starting to look a bit more promising which is nice to say and something we have not really been able to say in quite a while about the Bluebirds.

The first-half never really got going against Wolves. In truth, not a lot happened at all until Jones got the goal.

The game was played between the two 18-yard boxes and when the action got into the danger areas, I thought both sides lacked composure and quality, but the second-half very much belonged to the Bluebirds.

The good thing now is that there’s real competition for places too.

I thought Fabio was fantastic against Wolves. He is a player who always gives 100% and refuses to accept defeat.

He has a winning attitude and I think that mindset can permeate throughout the whole squad.

On the other hand, Scott Malone, who was absent with illness, has had a good start to the season too so there is a potential headache for Slade right there and that is exactly what you want.

OK, so it was just one match, just three points, but it was as good a performance as Cardiff have put in for a while.

The signs are positive and, with the right team selection, things could get even better for the Bluebirds now moving forward.

1]; } ?>