March 28, 2024, 04:07:01 PM

Poll

Will a Premiership side save Kenwyne when Cardiff get relegated?

Yes
6 (18.8%)
No
26 (81.3%)

Total Members Voted: 31

Author Topic: Kenwyne Jones Thread  (Read 244380 times)

Offline Rastaman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Kenwyne Jones Thread
« Reply #1200 on: January 04, 2016, 08:03:07 AM »
Kenwyne PLEASE go somewhere that you will be playing regularly...... you will need time to make the adjustment to your new environment and catch back your form before the next set of world cup qualifiers....

And make sure that there is a clause for time off to play in those games...as I know that when you go to a new club they does want to hold on to players.

And finally....don't go anywhere too far so that Jet lag go be an issue !!!

Offline congo

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1201 on: January 04, 2016, 09:31:09 AM »
Kenwyne PLEASE go somewhere that you will be playing regularly...... you will need time to make the adjustment to your new environment and catch back your form before the next set of world cup qualifiers....

And make sure that there is a clause for time off to play in those games...as I know that when you go to a new club they does want to hold on to players.

You paying the man bills in secret and we doh know....Where alluh does come out from bai :worried: :worried:

Offline Mad Scorpion a/k/a Big Bo$$

• Hero Warrior
  • a/k/a Optimus Prime
    • View Profile
« Reply #1202 on: January 04, 2016, 09:32:17 AM »

You paying the man bills in secret and we doh know....Where alluh does come out from bai :worried: :worried:
:rotfl:

Offline Rastaman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1203 on: January 04, 2016, 10:02:03 AM »

Who de hell is you ?????? Kenwyne is in a position to negotiate that is all I am saying.

Offline trini supporter

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1204 on: January 04, 2016, 11:38:13 AM »
In terms of playing quality football the MLS may be a better option , but he would get a much larger salary in the middle east  good luck deciding  :beermug:

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1205 on: January 04, 2016, 11:48:31 AM »
Lehme introduce a name into this discussion: Asamoah Gyan. KJ do yuh thing. Yuh eh go lose nutten.

Offline gawd on pitch

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1206 on: January 04, 2016, 12:20:21 PM »
Lehme introduce a name into this discussion: Asamoah Gyan. KJ do yuh thing. Yuh eh go lose nutten.

I read that he makes around million pounds a month playing in China. KJ makes close to 2 million a year. If something does come from China, it will be a "no brainer".

I dont see KJ back in the Premier League (although I think he still has the quality), MLS is also a good option.

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1207 on: January 04, 2016, 12:41:26 PM »

I read that he makes around million pounds a month playing in China. KJ makes close to 2 million a year. If something does come from China, it will be a "no brainer".

I dont see KJ back in the Premier League (although I think he still has the quality), MLS is also a good option.

And even beyond the $$$ factor, Gyan's contributions to country while outside the PL have not been piss poor.

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Kenwyne Jones set for Al Jazira move
« Reply #1208 on: January 04, 2016, 01:21:06 PM »
Kenwyne Jones set for Al Jazira move
By John August (HITC Sport)

Cardiff City striker Kenwyne Jones has flown out to Abu Dhabi to finalise a move to Al Jazira, HITC Sport understands from sources close to the club.

Jones was left out of the Cardiff squad for last weekend's win over Blackburn Rovers after opening talks with Al Jazira regarding a move away from the Cardiff City Stadium.

Cardiff boss Russell Slade is willing to let Jones leave the club this month to get him off the wage bill to allow him the opportunity to add to his squad.

"It's a financial decision because he's on a huge wage here," Slade told BBC Sport at the weekend. "He's in dialogue with a club abroad so that is likely to be concluded shortly."

A number of clubs, including Sven Goran Eriksson's Shanghai SIPG, have shown an interest in Jones, but Al Jazira have moved quickly to agree a deal for the former Sunderland and Stoke forward.

Al Jazira have endured a miserable campaign so far this season, with the side who were tipped for an Arabian Gulf League title push, currently sitting fourth from bottom of the table.

The Abu Dhabi side see Jones as someone who can help score the goals to lift them up the table in the second half of the season.

Jones is set to finalise his move to Al Jazira in the next 24 hours after flying out for further talks and a medical.

Trinidad & Tobago international Jones joined Cardiff in January 2014 as part of a swap deal that saw Peter Odemwingie move the other way to Stoke City.
The Conquering Lion of Judah shall break every chain.

Offline supporter

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1209 on: January 04, 2016, 01:53:05 PM »
The definition of missing out on one's potential.
Hart for president

Offline congo

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1210 on: January 04, 2016, 03:18:31 PM »
At 31, how much more potential ur still expecting to see?

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1211 on: January 04, 2016, 03:24:24 PM »
Potential to make a pretty penny.

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile

Offline supporter

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1213 on: January 05, 2016, 01:28:40 PM »

His whole career man. He never took working hard day-in and day-out in the Prem seriously
Hart for president

Offline palos

• Hero Warrior
  • Test
    • View Profile
« Reply #1214 on: January 05, 2016, 02:01:37 PM »

His whole career man. He never took working hard day-in and day-out in the Prem seriously

WTF???  :o
Carlos "The Rolls Royce" Edwards

Offline 100% Barataria

• aka Nachilus
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1215 on: January 05, 2016, 02:03:10 PM »

I think many of us would look back as KJ as someone whom after DY/RL/SH/SJ should have probably featured more prominently in the prem/top flight football, particular when comparisons w/Drogba were being made.  That said, not sure we could soundly say he never took working hard day-in/day-out seriously, but perhaps you have more insight.

His re-birth under Hart I prefer to single out particularly if transpires into some major national accomplishments and hopefully we are on the cusp of that.  A footballer's timeline is quite short, so can't disagree w/him one iota for going after the $$ now....
Education is our passport for the future for the future belongs to those who prepare for it today

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Kenwyne Jones completes loan move to Abu Dhabi side Al Jazira
« Reply #1216 on: January 05, 2016, 02:18:36 PM »
Kenwyne Jones completes loan move to Abu Dhabi side Al Jazira
By Alex Bywater (Wales Online)

Kenwyne Jones has completed his loan move to Abu Dhabi side Al Jazira and is line to earn £50,000 a week at his new club.

The Trinidad and Tobago skipper, 31, finalised his transfer from Cardiff City after passing a medical at Jazira's training ground on Tuesday.

Under the terms of the deal, Jones will stay in the United Arab Emirates until the end of the season when his contract with the Bluebirds expires.

On completing his move, the former Sunderland and Southampton striker paid tribute to Cardiff's supporters saying: “I am really appreciative of the opportunity to have worked with a great team at Cardiff and to play in front of some of the most passionate fans in Wales.

“This decision was made based on the opportunities presented to me. I would like to say thank you to the Bluebirds staff and players .

“I wish them all the success in their future endeavours. I also extend a special thank you to the amazing supporters.

“It really has been my absolute pleasure. I will never forget you.”

Cardiff's decision to let Jones leave was purely down to the striker's wages with boss Russell Slade admitting the move was based on financial circumstances.

But the news he is expected to increase his salary by leaving the Welsh capital will come as a shock to some Bluebirds supporters.

With Cardiff owner Vincent Tan keen to stabilise the club's accounts, Jones' £35,000 a week wage at Cardiff City Stadium was seen as something which had to be slashed.

But he'll now earn significantly more than that in the next few months with Al Jazira who currently sit tenth in the UAE top-flight.

« Last Edit: January 05, 2016, 02:21:14 PM by Tallman »

Offline soccerman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1217 on: January 05, 2016, 02:42:28 PM »
Congrats KJ. Nice pay day too :thumbsup:

Offline grimm01

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1218 on: January 05, 2016, 02:43:35 PM »
Get yuh paper Captain. All the best.

Offline supporter

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1219 on: January 05, 2016, 02:53:46 PM »

WTF???  :o

Im sure you followed his time at Stoke and Sunderland. Every manager raved about his talent and wanted to play him every week but always lamented his inconsistency.
Hart for president

Offline supporter

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1220 on: January 05, 2016, 02:55:41 PM »

I think many of us would look back as KJ as someone whom after DY/RL/SH/SJ should have probably featured more prominently in the prem/top flight football, particular when comparisons w/Drogba were being made.  That said, not sure we could soundly say he never took working hard day-in/day-out seriously, but perhaps you have more insight.

His re-birth under Hart I prefer to single out particularly if transpires into some major national accomplishments and hopefully we are on the cusp of that.  A footballer's timeline is quite short, so can't disagree w/him one iota for going after the $$ now....

The insight I form an opinion on are from his managers.  I dont begrudge him going to get a big-time pay check in the Gulf, and he certainly has become a more mature footballer once he hit 30. He has been a good captain for us.
Hart for president

Offline Sando

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1221 on: January 05, 2016, 04:22:32 PM »
Good going KJ, just sad you didn't light up the English leagues and left your imprint.

Hopefully, you do well enough to sign a full time loan.

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1222 on: January 05, 2016, 06:09:08 PM »
Potential to make a pretty penny

Offline de_redman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1223 on: January 05, 2016, 08:00:54 PM »
So.... What does this move mean for KJ's travels for games within the CONCACAF region?

Offline FF

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1224 on: January 05, 2016, 08:15:06 PM »
Means he goes a little further....

Dwight used to fly from Sydney during the '06 drive
THE BEATINGS WILL CONTINUE UNTIL MORALE IMPROVES

Offline gawd on pitch

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1225 on: January 05, 2016, 08:20:25 PM »
So.... What does this move mean for KJ's travels for games within the CONCACAF region?

He will just have to fly to the region once for the qualifiers in March. He is only with this team until June. If he decides to stay and the team wants him to, then he will have to travel to the region for the games in September.

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1226 on: January 05, 2016, 11:28:44 PM »
Tell to ask the Prince to lend him one of his many Lear jets.

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
The reason Kenwyne Jones left Cardiff City despite his 'love of the fans'
« Reply #1227 on: January 06, 2016, 03:40:28 PM »
The reason Kenwyne Jones left Cardiff City despite his 'love of the fans'
By Phil Smith (Wales Online)

Kenwyne Jones left Cardiff City reluctantly because he wasn't offered a new contract, his representative has insisted.

The star striker, the club's top scorer last season, had a special 'love' for the passion of Bluebirds fans, his publicist Tenille Clarke told WalesOnline.

But she claimed Jones had to move on after carefully weighing up his options.

"He was not offered another contract at Cardiff," maintained Clarke. "Things were set in motion before he knew; nothing else made itself known at that time.

"His decision was weighed carefully on what was available to him."

Fans' favourite Jones has joined Middle East side Al Jazira on loan, with Cardiff wanting to reduce the wage bill.

Jones was the top earner at the Bluebirds and it is thought he was offered the chance to take a pay cut to stay in Wales. Manager Russell Slade said at the end of November that talks over a new deal were planned.

However, Jones left this week with Clarke saying: “Ultimately, he made the best choice from the options that were presented, and he is thrilled to be joining Al Jazira this month.

“The fact that he wasn't offered a new contract with Cardiff City, however, does not in any way discredit the work he has done there, the collaborative effort and brotherhood shared on and off the field with his Bluebird team-mates, or the love he has for Cardiff fans.

“He loves their passion – always has and will.”

The big striker made 64 appearances since joining from Stoke in 2014 and is proud of what he did in a Bluebirds shirt.

His representative said: "Kenwyne has undeniably made commendable contributions to Cardiff City since his arrival there in 2014.

"As with any profession, there is change - so his new goal is to settle into Abu Dhabi, get down the business of football at Al Jazira and give 110 per cent to his new club."

Jones tweeted himself on Wednesday morning "Thanks to the Bluebirds... wasn't offered any deal so had to step..."

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Al Jazira’s Kenwyne Jones can thrive with right attitude after Cardiff exit
« Reply #1228 on: January 06, 2016, 03:56:26 PM »
Al Jazira’s Kenwyne Jones can thrive with right attitude after Cardiff exit
By Ali Khaled (The National)

He was once compared to Didier Drogba. At 22 years of age, he had a World Cup appearance under his belt. And in 2010, he was almost signed by then Liverpool manager Rafa Benitez.

Now Trinidad and Tobago forward Kenwyne Jones has joined Al Jazira from English second-tier side Cardiff City on loan for the rest of the season. It is the latest move in a career that has delivered less than it promised.

No doubt the move will be seen by some as the Arabian Gulf League attracting another player whose best days are behind him.

It is not something that player and club should concern themselves too much about.

ALSO READ: ‘I will never forget you’: Kenwyne Jones thanks Cardiff City after completing Al Jazira move

With last season’s top scorer Mirko Vucinic out for the season with a cruciate knee ligament injury, the struggling Abu Dhabi club desperately needed a goalscoring presence up front.

For Jones, it will offer a chance for him to stamp his mark on a league where, for varying reasons, some of the leading forwards have found the going tough for this season.

Alongside Vucinic, Al Ahli’s Rodrigo Lima has been ruled out for at least three months, Nigeria international Emmanuel Emenike has come under criticism at Al Ain, and Edgar Bruno has struggled at Al Wasl.

This could be the ideal time for Jones to put his name in the headlines.

At 31, he possesses all the qualities needed to succeed in the domestic league. International experience, brute strength and an aerial ability to dominate UAE defences.

There are plenty of cases of experienced, physical forwards succeeding against often naive AGL defending. Former Al Wahda and Al Jazira striker Fernando Baiano had plenty of success from 2008 to 2012, scoring more than 50 goals. So did the Brazilian Grafite for Al Ahli. Edgar Bruno at Al Shabab, Makhete Diop at Al Dhafra now, and Ibrahim Toure at Al Nasr, all bullied defenders.

For Al Jazira, the addition of Jones should bring about a change of approach from new coach Henk ten Cate.

During last season, Jazira’s fluent team relied on the quick interchanges between Vucinic and Ali Mabkhout for the bulk of their goals. But after a poor start to this season that saw Brazilian Abel Braga depart as manager, the team will have to be far more direct if they are to maximise Jones’s strengths, which could be what the club had in mind with the signing of Spanish winger Angel Lafita.

At his best for Sunderland and Stoke City, Jones was a formidable target man and has maintained a goal in four matches ratio throughout his career. In the AGL, that will not be good enough for the fans though.

As always, the shadow of previous big-name failures hangs over the new signing. As does the issue of desire.

The reason many overseas have failed in the past has not been any lack of quality. On the contrary, the likes of David Trezeguet, Ricardo Quaresma and more recently Ryan Babel are all gifted footballers who did not hit the heights because the simply looked like they would rather be somewhere else.

Jones needs to prove he has the motivation to go with his attributes. Time is not on his or Al Jazira’s side. He has a six-month deal and we all know how quick Jazira can be to ditch their foreign players.

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1229 on: January 07, 2016, 01:26:40 PM »
Kenwyne Jones sets goal target after pledging to help Al Jazira climb the AGL table
By Amith Passela (The National)

Kenwyne Jones has set himself a target of “nine goals” after being presented by Al Jazira alongside fellow new signing Angel Lafita.

Jones, 31, has been recruited by Jazira from Championship club Cardiff City on a six month loan deal to fill the void left by injured striker Mirko Vucinic, while Lafita has arrived on a two-and-a-half year contract from Spanish club Getafe and will replace Brazilian midfielder Thiago Neves.

Despite having only arrived in the UAE this week, both players are expected to start Friday’s Arabian Gulf League match against Al Wasl at the Zabeel stadium.

“I want to go out there and try to help out the team straightaway, even though it will take a few games to get used to the team,” Jones said.

“I hope I can score. That’s why I was brought here. I will try to use all my Premier League experience, my international and World Cup experience. If we can work as a unit, we can achieve something.

“It is not easy for me to come and say I will score a million goals at once but I will try to get at least nine.”

Ali Khaled: Kenwyne Jones can thrive for Al Jazira with right attitude after Cardiff exit

Lafita said he consulted with former Jazira midfielder Abdelaziz Barrada, and Luis Garcia, his old coach at Getafe now in charge at Baniyas, and their recommendations made it a quick and easy decision.

“They spoke very high of the AGL and Jazira,” Lafita said. “I was given a warm welcome and now look forward to working together with my new teammates for the success of the team.”

Jazira will hope the arrival of Jones and Lafita will help revitalise the team after a disappointing first half of the season. Jazira, last year’s runners-up, are languishing in 10th place in the league table having lost seven of their 13 matches. Their poor form ultimately led to the sacking of manager Abel Braga, who has been succeeded by Dutchman Henk Ten Cate.

“I was really impressed with the attitudes of both Kenwyne Jones and Angel Lafita,” Gianluca Nani, Jazira’s sporting director, said.

“They were both pushing to come here and work for Jazira. For me, it was really important because we don’t want players to come here just for money or to enjoy the weather. I can promise it was not the money and it helped me a lot to conclude the deals.”

When asked if Jazira were looking for further additions to the squad during the mid-season transfer, Nani said: “We will be looking for the opportunities when the market is open.

“Our job is to be ready for both local and international player opportunities that may come during this period. But at the moment we are only thinking of Friday’s game.

“We are happy with the squad at the moment but still there are some injured players, particularly in defence, so we’ll see where we stand in the coming weeks. When the market is open a lot can happen.”

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/gt_dq0uIeSc" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/gt_dq0uIeSc</a>

1]; } ?>