March 28, 2024, 05:53:14 AM

Poll

Will a Premiership side save Kenwyne when Cardiff get relegated?

Yes
6 (18.8%)
No
26 (81.3%)

Total Members Voted: 31

Author Topic: Kenwyne Jones Thread  (Read 244285 times)

Offline christiano

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Kenwyne Jones Thread
« Reply #1230 on: January 09, 2016, 03:14:03 PM »
Any report on KJ performance in his first game yesterday  (2:2 draw) ?

Online maxg

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1231 on: January 09, 2016, 03:48:02 PM »

Offline Trinidad Sports Reality

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1232 on: January 09, 2016, 07:29:17 PM »
Check out the highlights for KJ debut game for Al Jazira

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SmvEHRAsqTw

Offline Cocorite

• Hero Warrior
  • John 5:24
    • View Profile
« Reply #1233 on: January 09, 2016, 10:26:15 PM »
At least he assist the assister  ;D
Socawarriors Need A Winning Mentality

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1234 on: January 11, 2016, 09:50:18 PM »
‘The goals will come’: Kenwyne Jones vows to fire Al Jazira up the AGL table
By John McAuley (The National)

Kenwyne Jones is confident Al Jazira have the talent to turn around their season having seen enough positives during his debut on Friday.

The Cardiff City striker joined the club last week on loan until the end of the campaign and has been tasked with scoring the goals to lift Jazira from their current position of 10th in the Arabian Gulf League.

Jones did not find the net in his first match although he played a key role in the 2-2 draw at Al Wasl, helping create his new side’s second goal. The Abu Dhabi club, who also had coach Henk ten Cate in the dugout for the first time, twice took the lead despite being largely outplayed by their fourth-placed hosts, but showed enough fight to suggest they can soon climb the table.

Jones agrees, with the Trinidad and Tobago captain sure Jazira possess enough ability to improve upon what has been a hugely disappointing season.

“I see enough room for progress, I don’t see any problem for this team,” he said. “They can progress easily. We just need to tighten up a few things and we’ll be fine.

“It’s like anywhere in the world. You have moments where you lose a bit of concentration and don’t do things to stay on top of the game. But it’s OK — I believe 100 per cent in this team, we have a lot of talent.”

Jones cited the need for Jazira to be stronger in defence, with the capital club conceding from two set pieces against Wasl. They have been breached 29 times in 14 league matches this campaign — a problem that extends back to last season even though Jazira eventually finished runners-up to Al Ain.

That places more emphasis on Jones to excel up front. The former Premier League forward will carry much of the goalscoring brunt, but has Ali Mabkhout, fellow new signing Angel Lafita and either Thiago Neves or Jefferson Farfan in support.

Jazira are willing to listen to offers for Neves, while Farfan is recovering from an ankle injury. Jones, though, is convinced he can repay the faith the club have shown in him.

“I hope so, that’d be nice,” he said. “Wasl was my first time getting used to the team, the players and who we’re playing against. I feel quite positive and I’m hopeful in the next 12 to 13 games the goals will come.”

Jazira now have almost two weeks until their next match, a time in which Jones says he will use to smooth the transition to UAE football.

“It’s beautiful,” he said. “It’s important for me and the team. We have one or two injuries coming back now so the team will get stronger over the next two weeks and then we can push forward again.”
The Conquering Lion of Judah shall break every chain.

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1235 on: January 22, 2016, 12:35:36 PM »
WATCH: Kenwyne Jones opens his Al Jazira goalscoring account with a trademark header in a 1-1 draw with Al-Sharjah

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/l0zvxoD_oNI" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/l0zvxoD_oNI</a>

Offline 100% Barataria

• aka Nachilus
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1236 on: January 22, 2016, 12:52:19 PM »
Kj could mad leap we, stadium look like gold giving away outside
Education is our passport for the future for the future belongs to those who prepare for it today

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1237 on: January 22, 2016, 01:28:16 PM »

This gives you an idea

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1238 on: January 22, 2016, 01:59:45 PM »
The stands in that stadium real steep. You can't make a mistake, and you will tip over.

Offline 100% Barataria

• aka Nachilus
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1239 on: January 22, 2016, 02:48:10 PM »
TM, fuh a short man CG culda leap, remember de Gold Cup Panama goal? Dat is height
Education is our passport for the future for the future belongs to those who prepare for it today

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1240 on: January 22, 2016, 02:51:55 PM »
TM, fuh a short man CG culda leap, remember de Gold Cup Panama goal? Dat is height

Yeh, man did look like he was peeping over de crossbar.

Offline pull stones

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1241 on: January 22, 2016, 04:14:01 PM »

This gives you an idea

this is why im baffled that our wingers rarely put in the crosses in the box when we have the best header of the ball in the world, peltier, jovin and cordel. what a watse of a good leeper.

Offline trini supporter

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1242 on: January 22, 2016, 08:47:56 PM »
nice goal KJ like he mix with kangaroo oh wa  :rotfl:

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1243 on: February 04, 2016, 11:42:05 AM »
WATCH: Kenwyne Jones notches his second goal for Al Jazira in their 5-1 rout of Dibba Al Fujairah

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/dUXlPg1ya9w?start=109" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/dUXlPg1ya9w?start=109</a>

Online maxg

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1244 on: February 04, 2016, 08:14:44 PM »
nice playing with mids that playing like mids, and defense that doh know..almost feel like fete match  ;)

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1245 on: February 04, 2016, 09:21:00 PM »
Stylish, lovely goal.

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1246 on: February 09, 2016, 02:57:10 PM »
WATCH: Kenwyne Jones' goal helps Al Jazira advance to the AFC Champions League Group Stage at the expense of Al Sadd.

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/XT78Zz4HBiM" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/XT78Zz4HBiM</a>

Offline Mose

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1247 on: February 09, 2016, 03:20:08 PM »
Dat Al Sadd goalie was a mess but he make one good save in the penalties though.

BTW, alyuh notice who miss the first Al Sadd penalty?
Are you a match? It's too late for Emru, but maybe you can help save someone's life: http://www.healemru.com

Offline Peong

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1248 on: February 09, 2016, 03:32:10 PM »
KJ beat Xavi!

Offline soccerman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1249 on: February 09, 2016, 03:35:36 PM »
LOL I didn't even notice that was Xavi

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1250 on: February 09, 2016, 03:36:57 PM »
Dat Al Sadd goalie was a mess but he make one good save in the penalties though.

Plenty fodder for a match-fixing red flag.

Offline Mose

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1251 on: February 09, 2016, 04:15:52 PM »

Plenty fodder for a match-fixing red flag.

That cross my mind too!
Are you a match? It's too late for Emru, but maybe you can help save someone's life: http://www.healemru.com

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Al Jazira striker Kenwyne Jones reflects on ‘special drama’ against Al Sadd
« Reply #1252 on: February 11, 2016, 08:46:38 AM »
Al Jazira striker Kenwyne Jones reflects on ‘special drama’ against Al Sadd
By Matt Monaghan (sport360.com)

Centre forward Kenwyne Jones insists the high drama which saw Al Jazira secure entry into the 2016 AFC Champions League made the triumph all the sweeter.

Tuesday’s undulating play-off at home to Qatari favourites Al Sadd was decided 5-4 in a shootout after a 2-2 draw at the end of normal time was only guaranteed by a last-gasp penalty save from UAE No1 Ali Khaseif to deny Khalfan Ibrahim.

“It was a one-off game and we knew we had to put everything into it,” said Cardiff City loanee Jones.

“Of course, we would have liked to finish it in the 90 minutes – but who said doing it easy is ever that sweet?

“Congratulations to everyone in the club and the fans of Al Jazira.

“It had exactly what every exciting game should have. It had thrills and spills, almost a good ending then a twist before the fairytale in which we went through.

“There were special moments in the penalty shootout through our goalkeeper and captain (Khaseif). Congratulations to him.

“I hope this pushes us on for the rest of the season.”

The Pride of Abu Dhabi forgot their painful domestic form to go through during a heart-racing evening. Right-back Khalid Sabeal gifted Sadd’s Hamza Senhadji the opener, prior to Jones’ headed leveller just before the break.

UAE striker Ali Mabkhout’s fine free-kick appeared to be sending the hosts through, only for Senhadji to strike late to complete his brace and Ibrahim to miss from 12 yards.

The shootout saw ex-Barcelona and Spain midfielder Xavi belie his experience as one of the most-decorated players in history to balloon over the opener for Sadd, with both sides making further misses before the visitors’ two-goal hero Senhadji smashed decisively against the bar.

Jazira fell at the same stage last year to Uzbekistan’s Bunyodkor.

Now, they head into Group C alongside Saudi Arabia’s Al Hilal, Iran’s Tractor Sazi and Uzbekistan’s Pakhtakor and Jones is looking forward to the challenge.

He said: “It is an exciting time. The AFC Champions League is another competition, maybe it might be a bit more strategic. It is home and away, you play for points and at home you try to win your games. It is going to be a fantastic journey. I think there are a lot of young players and new players in the squad for this competition. We are just going to work hard and try to enjoy it.”

Jones captains Trinidad and Tobago, featured in the 2006 World Cup for his nation and has battled Premier League defences at Southampton, Sunderland, Stoke City and Cardiff. He equates the engrossing one-off contest favourably to those experiences when asked to compare them.

“This game was right up there as it got us into the AFC Champions League,” said the 31-year-old. “It is just as important. This is a new place for me and I am happy to be part of the history we are making this year. Long may that continue.”

Offline frico

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1253 on: February 14, 2016, 10:18:59 AM »
I have listened to some of our footballers being interviewed,and sometimes wonder,why some are incapable of putting 2 lines together.I even wonder if our english has got worse.It's time to give our ballers some practice in english speaking,if their vocabulary is poor then it will be difficult to to be articulate.It's is sometimes embarrassing to listen to some interviews.I listened to Tasha St.Louis and she was so good in an interview,I suppose it's down to education.

Offline Anbrat

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1254 on: February 21, 2016, 08:28:12 PM »
I have listened to some of our footballers being interviewed,and sometimes wonder,why some are incapable of putting 2 lines together.I even wonder if our english has got worse.It's time to give our ballers some practice in english speaking,if their vocabulary is poor then it will be difficult to to be articulate.It's is sometimes embarrassing to listen to some interviews.I listened to Tasha St.Louis and she was so good in an interview,I suppose it's down to education.
Good point, Frico.

Offline pull stones

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1255 on: February 22, 2016, 04:36:10 AM »
Means he goes a little further....

Dwight used to fly from Sydney during the '06 drive
ill fly to the north pole for an extra 20,000 pounds a week mate.

Offline christiano

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1256 on: March 10, 2016, 07:51:17 PM »
Is Kenwyne Jones injured ? Did not see him on the roster for the victory on the 7th....

Offline soccerman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1257 on: March 11, 2016, 01:49:01 PM »
Is Kenwyne Jones injured ? Did not see him on the roster for the victory on the 7th....
I think it's because he just had a new born earlier this week right around that time.

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1258 on: April 14, 2016, 12:14:18 PM »
WATCH: Kenwyne Jones scores in Al Jazira’s 3-2 win over Al Shaab

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/AYLuNYfSOE4?start=41" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/AYLuNYfSOE4?start=41</a>

Offline Mose

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1259 on: April 14, 2016, 02:31:12 PM »
Well he definitely put it where only Kenwyne was getting it!  :beermug:

1]; } ?>