April 29, 2024, 05:03:46 AM

Poll

Will a Premiership side save Kenwyne when Cardiff get relegated?

Yes
6 (18.8%)
No
26 (81.3%)

Total Members Voted: 31

Author Topic: Kenwyne Jones Thread  (Read 248383 times)

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Kenwyne Jones Thread
« Reply #1290 on: June 08, 2016, 12:48:05 PM »
KJ has been very good for the national side over th past coupke years. I hope he gets something in England again.

Or the MLS?

Offline andremartinsc

• Jr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1291 on: June 08, 2016, 12:58:08 PM »
KJ has been very good for the national side over th past coupke years. I hope he gets something in England again.

Or the MLS?

Would love a T&T player in SJ Earthquakes  :P

Offline Sam

• Hero Warrior
  • Police face and dog heart.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1292 on: June 09, 2016, 04:36:51 AM »
Kenwyne is ah f00cking boss !!!!!

Best player we have on de T&T side now, because he bring more to de game than scoring alone, he does pull defenders for man like Joevin and Cato to roam free.

KJ have value.

Faster than a speeding pittbull
Stronger than a shot of ba-bash
Capable of storming any fete

Offline trini_stallion

• Hero Warrior
  • soca in mih veins, soca in mih blood...
    • View Profile
« Reply #1293 on: June 09, 2016, 08:57:13 AM »
He still has 2 years or so of PL/championship football to offer. At 2.5mil pounds market value I don't see why a English club won't pick him up. The guy is still a big threat because of the attention he attracts from the opposition...I hope he doesn't end up in MLS just yet!

Not seeing any transfer rumors online tho...waiting game now!
Soca in mih vein, Soca in meh blood
Soca in yuh vein, Soca in blood,
Soca in we vein, Soca in we blood,
It's a heart of love, can't deny soca, cuz its good fuh de soul...
Trinidad and Tobago jump up now!

Offline loyalist

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1294 on: June 09, 2016, 10:01:07 AM »

Or the MLS?

Cordell Cato is at San Jose Earthquakes. He is from Trinidad and Tobago.

Offline Thomo

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1295 on: June 09, 2016, 10:37:24 AM »
KJ's contribution on this TnT team is invaluable. He not only brings goals but also he brings other players into play when the opposition focuses on him. His leadership is immense. Some ah alyuh seem to forget the Mexico Gold Cup game and the win in Guatemala where he displayed the qualities aforementioned. Just criticising for criticising sake. Steups. Mouth open 'tory jump out smdh

Offline lefty

• Hero Warrior
  • would u like to buy an 'O'.........
    • View Profile
« Reply #1296 on: June 09, 2016, 04:19:07 PM »
KJ's contribution on this TnT team is invaluable. He not only brings goals but also he brings other players into play when the opposition focuses on him. His leadership is immense. Some ah alyuh seem to forget the Mexico Gold Cup game and the win in Guatemala where he displayed the qualities aforementioned. Just criticising for criticising sake. Steups. Mouth open 'tory jump out smdh
How in f**k saying KJ coulda achieved more with a bit more application is  criticism for criticism sake, d man makes his living in club football, his stock fall bad in dat.

Dat year when he put on d set ah muscle at stoke and started bullying defenses, d man look every bit d handful he could and should be, den fall right back into he normal routine...... U feel it was nice too read he own club supporters cussin him and calling him lazy.

Sent from my BLU ADVANCE 4.0 using Tapatalk

I pity the fool....

Offline sjahrain

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1297 on: June 09, 2016, 05:52:25 PM »
At times when you have nothing positive to say...it's time to keep your trap shut......otherwise you say things somewhere along the lines you wish you could take it back.....
Man I just cannot figure out what some of you want K J to do so that some here will be happy
You can please some people sometimes but not all the jokers and clowns all at the same time
If he walk on water some nit wit here will still not be satisfied
I often wonder how many miles he runs in a game,you see him in the attacking third and in defence,some joker comment he lazy blah blah.... some people here need to get a life
STOP BEING flocking JEALOUS and appreciate what we are fortunate to be bless with...
Thanks ...who Jah bless only the idiot curse
Rastafari

Offline andremartinsc

• Jr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1298 on: June 09, 2016, 06:09:24 PM »

Or the MLS?

another* T&T player in SJ Earthquakes. :)

Cato is not a starter, he's the 3rd option as RM. Kenwyne would be a starter!

Offline Trini _2026

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1299 on: June 09, 2016, 08:46:41 PM »

Or the MLS?

cato fell down the pecking order
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4</a>

Offline andremartinsc

• Jr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1300 on: June 09, 2016, 09:09:56 PM »

Or the MLS?

cato fell down the pecking order

Yeah. When MPG started playing as RM, Cato became a sub. And now we signed Quintero (another RM/LM) and Cato became the 3rd option...

Offline Mad Scorpion a/k/a Big Bo$$

• Hero Warrior
  • a/k/a Optimus Prime
    • View Profile
« Reply #1301 on: June 10, 2016, 08:13:47 AM »
At times when you have nothing positive to say...it's time to keep your trap shut......otherwise you say things somewhere along the lines you wish you could take it back.....
Man I just cannot figure out what some of you want K J to do so that some here will be happy
You can please some people sometimes but not all the jokers and clowns all at the same time
I often wonder how many miles he runs in a game,you see him in the attacking third and in defence,some joker comment he lazy blah blah.... some people here need to get a life
STOP BEING flocking JEALOUS and appreciate what we are fortunate to be bless with...
Rastafari

People often confuse expectations, projections, and potential.  KJ reached HIS potential.  It just so happens that his ceiling wasn't what many projections determined his potential could/should be.  Along with the projections came expectations that weren't met.  As such people will lament on what he could have been.  KJ is what he is.  A defender converted to utility player then ultimately to a center forward.  If people measure him by others or what they feel he should have been they will be disappointed.  However, if they elect as I often do to simply appreciate what a player offers then there would be no need for some of the scathing criticisms he's received along the way.  KJ has come a long way for us.  Once he was one of the most often criticized for his performances, now he seems to be the most important piece.  He scores, he occupies defenders, he inspires, he encourages, he is vocal, he is steady, and he wears our colors proudly!

Offline Mose

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1302 on: June 10, 2016, 09:13:29 AM »
Rastafari

People often confuse expectations, projections, and potential.  KJ reached HIS potential.  It just so happens that his ceiling wasn't what many projections determined his potential could/should be.  Along with the projections came expectations that weren't met.  As such people will lament on what he could have been.  KJ is what he is.  A defender converted to utility player then ultimately to a center forward.  If people measure him by others or what they feel he should have been they will be disappointed.  However, if they elect as I often do to simply appreciate what a player offers then there would be no need for some of the scathing criticisms he's received along the way.  KJ has come a long way for us.  Once he was one of the most often criticized for his performances, now he seems to be the most important piece.  He scores, he occupies defenders, he inspires, he encourages, he is vocal, he is steady, and he wears our colors proudly!

I believe some of this is caused by the differences in what KJ showed in his time at Sunderland and the way he played at Stoke. At Sunderland, he was using his speed to hustle and harass defenders into making mistakes and then taking advantage of the resulting opportunities. Somewhere along the line, he  stopped doing that, or doing it as much and I believe that's when the "lazy" label surfaced. I seem to remember there being arguments on this board as to whether this change was as a result of him playing to instruction or whether something was up with KJ. With the national team, I find his play, leadership and general application has improved since SH took over as head coach and I would agree that now he is probably the most important piece.
Are you a match? It's too late for Emru, but maybe you can help save someone's life: http://www.healemru.com

Offline Mad Scorpion a/k/a Big Bo$$

• Hero Warrior
  • a/k/a Optimus Prime
    • View Profile
« Reply #1303 on: June 10, 2016, 11:14:49 AM »
Rastafari

I believe some of this is caused by the differences in what KJ showed in his time at Sunderland and the way he played at Stoke. At Sunderland, he was using his speed to hustle and harass defenders into making mistakes and then taking advantage of the resulting opportunities. Somewhere along the line, he  stopped doing that, or doing it as much and I believe that's when the "lazy" label surfaced. I seem to remember there being arguments on this board as to whether this change was as a result of him playing to instruction or whether something was up with KJ. With the national team, I find his play, leadership and general application has improved since SH took over as head coach and I would agree that now he is probably the most important piece.

I think that injury he suffered while with the Warriors took its toll.  He may own up to it when his career is all over.

Offline Mose

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1304 on: June 10, 2016, 12:25:47 PM »
Rastafari

I think that injury he suffered while with the Warriors took its toll.  He may own up to it when his career is all over.
That may well be the case. I was considering that as a possibility but I couldn't remember the timeline.
Are you a match? It's too late for Emru, but maybe you can help save someone's life: http://www.healemru.com

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1305 on: June 10, 2016, 03:07:54 PM »
That may well be the case. I was considering that as a possibility but I couldn't remember the timeline.

He suffered that injury in the friendly against England in June 2008.
The Conquering Lion of Judah shall break every chain.

Offline andremartinsc

• Jr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1306 on: July 04, 2016, 11:28:35 AM »
Any news about his future?

Offline Peong

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1307 on: July 04, 2016, 11:01:01 PM »
http://www.mlssoccer.com/post/2016/07/03/armchair-analyst-transfer-window-instructions-all-20-mls-teams

FC Dallas

Currently: 2nd place in the West (9-5-4; 31 points)
DP slots open: None
Biggest need: Target forward
All due respect to the Rapids, but I still think Dallas are the most talented and best team in the league. They've proved they have depth and flexibility, and in Mauro Diaz they have one of the league's best playmakers.

What they don't have is a center forward who can take advantage of the chances Diaz creates, nor hold up the ball and do a little bit of playmaking as well. Technical director Fernando Clavijo says the team's determined to rectify that in the next couple of weeks, and I'll take him at his word.

What I think they should do: Use TAM to pay down one of their DPs and go after Trinidad & Tobago striker Kenwyne Jones, who's currently out of contract. Jones isn't the world's most clinical finisher, but he's damn good and, at age 31, still has gas in the tank. Plus he knows the ways of CONCACAF, so there won't be any weather – or travel-related adjustments.

Offline andremartinsc

• Jr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1308 on: July 05, 2016, 06:13:49 AM »
He would fit perfectly on FC Dallas. Dallas and New York Red Bulls are the best in MLS in my opinion, their teams are VERY organized. They could easily play on the Brazilian League, Ligue 1 and some other good leagues.

Dallas is currently playing in a 4-2-3-1, with 2 quality wingers (Castillo and Barrios) and an AMAZING playmaker, Mauro Díaz. Kenwyne Jones would fit perfectly as a target forward for the team.
But I want him on SJ Earthquakes  :P He would be a really good partner for Chris Wondolowski too. There were rumours last summer that SJ tried to sign him. Let's see!

Offline g

• mr greggle71
  • Hero Warrior
  • semi match fit
    • View Profile
« Reply #1309 on: July 12, 2016, 03:45:20 PM »
Is it just me or is anyone else a bit nervous that KJ hasn't signed for a new club yet. Given the next round of qualifiers in September he needs a full pre season to get sharp for those two games. Cant leave anything to chance. Hope he lands somewhere soon.
Soca Warriors, the pride of a nation

Offline palos

• Hero Warrior
  • Test
    • View Profile
« Reply #1310 on: July 12, 2016, 04:49:47 PM »
There are a LOT of teams in Leagues worldwide that would love to have KJ on their team.

But they'll all balk at his wages. 

It is concerning though because Coach Hart has made it clear that players who aren't playing regularly will have a tough time making the national team.
Carlos "The Rolls Royce" Edwards

Offline g

• mr greggle71
  • Hero Warrior
  • semi match fit
    • View Profile
« Reply #1311 on: July 12, 2016, 09:06:56 PM »
There are a LOT of teams in Leagues worldwide that would love to have KJ on their team.

But they'll all balk at his wages. 

It is concerning though because Coach Hart has made it clear that players who aren't playing regularly will have a tough time making the national team.

If i was his agent and the market aint paying his price i would have advised him to take a cut price 1 year deal with the best possible club team and use it as a shopping window, he will also play 12 WC qualifying games over the next 14 months with the world watching every hex qualifier.

Again i encourage him to get a deal before the end of this month, 4 weeks to get fit for September. The last batch of friendlies showed that we short upfront but he also not entitled to any starting spot, captain or not. Hoping for the best.   
Soca Warriors, the pride of a nation

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1312 on: July 13, 2016, 04:10:08 AM »
He could comeback home and play for Rangers!

Wow, I never read the article before I said he should come back home. I guess I have good "goat mouth". Now Central will get 10 thousand fans per game.

« Last Edit: July 13, 2016, 12:04:32 PM by Deeks »

Offline andremartinsc

• Jr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1313 on: July 13, 2016, 08:46:42 AM »
Steven Goff, reliable source, said Kenwyne is close to deal with 2017 MLS expansion side Atlanta United. Would go on loan until 2017 perhaps in T&T.

Offline Dynamite Warrior

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1314 on: July 13, 2016, 09:18:31 AM »
Yes i saw a report online that says he has joined Central for their champions league campaign. I guess they got their financial situation sorted out.

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Atlanta United close to signing Kenwyne Jones
« Reply #1315 on: July 13, 2016, 10:29:26 AM »
By Rob Usry (dirtysouthsoccer.com)

Atlanta United could be bringing on a proven CONCACAF striker. Steven Goff of the Washington Post is reporting that Trinidad and Tobago legend Kenwyne Jones is close to signing with Atlanta and go out on loan until 2017, likely to his home country.

Jones, 31, is a Premier League veteran who has scored tons of goals both at the club and international levels. He made his name Sunderland in his prime, scoring 26 times in 94 appearances. He has found the net 23 times for the T&T national team.

For the past two seasons he's spent time on loan with Bournemouth and Al Jazira from Cardiff City. He was released by the club this summer which means he's free to sign with whomever he chooses. It appears as it Atlanta United could be his choice.

He will be the sixth players to join the brand new expansion team that will begin play in 2017.

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1316 on: July 13, 2016, 10:31:58 AM »
Kenwyne Jones added to Central FC's CONCACAF Champions League roster in anticipation of loan

Trinidad and Tobago international Kenwyne Jones appears to be headed to Atlanta United in January, but before he does he'll likely be going on loan to Central FC in T&T.

Although the deal is not finalized, the T&T club told Dirty South Soccer that Jones had been added to their provisional roster for the CONCACAF Champions League, confirming a tweet send out. He will be using the loan to remain match fit ahead of his rumored arrival in MLS in January. He also needs the playing time to prepare for T&T's World Cup qualifiers in September against the United States and Guatemala.

Central added to DSS that they anticipated the striker would end up at Atlanta United, but could not fully confirm the recent reports of his January arrival.

The Washington Post reported on Wednesday that Jones was close to finalizing his move to Atlanta United and would go on loan to a club in Trinidad and Tobago. This appears to be that move.

Central FC begin their CCL campaign against the Vancouver Whitecaps on August 2. They are also joined in their three-team group by Sporting Kansas City.

Offline Sando prince

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1317 on: July 13, 2016, 10:54:32 AM »

Atlanta United could be bringing on a proven CONCACAF striker. Steven Goff of the Washington Post is reporting that Trinidad and Tobago legend Kenwyne Jones is close to signing with Atlanta and go out on loan until 2017, likely to his home country.

Jones, 31, is a Premier League veteran who has scored tons of goals both at the club and international levels. He made his name Sunderland in his prime, scoring 26 times in 94 appearances. He has found the net 23 times for the T&T national team.

For the past two seasons he's spent time on loan with Bournemouth and Al Jazira from Cardiff City. He was released by the club this summer which means he's free to sign with whomever he chooses. It appears as it Atlanta United could be his choice.

He will be the sixth players to join the brand new expansion team that will begin play in 2017.

Yuh beat me by one minute, ah was coming with this post earlier

Offline lefty

• Hero Warrior
  • would u like to buy an 'O'.........
    • View Profile
« Reply #1318 on: July 13, 2016, 12:12:19 PM »
Wish him well going forward

Sent from my BLU ADVANCE 4.0 using Tapatalk

I pity the fool....

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
« Reply #1319 on: July 13, 2016, 01:48:51 PM »
Kenwyne Jones in Central F.C.’s provisional squad for Whitecaps match.
Central FC News Release.

Two times Caribbean Club Champions, Central F.C., continued their preparations for their Scotiabank CONCACAF Champions League fixture against Vancouver Whitecaps on 2nd August, by including T&T national team captain, Kenwyne Jones in their provisional 30 man squad.

Only players listed on the 30 man list will be eligible to play in the game, which is the opening fixture of the 2016/17 Scotiabank CONCACAF Champions League, and will be televised globally via Fox Soccer 2 and Univision, as well as being available via live stream.

Jones name was one of several new names to appear on the roster of the two times Caribbean Club Champions, although the club have retained the majority of their record breaking “double double”

winning team who claimed successive domestic and regional titles when they won back to back Digicel TT Pro League and CFU Caribbean Club Championship titles in 2015 & 2016.

Central F.C. will compete in Group C, against two MLS clubs, Sporting Kansas City and Vancouver Whitecaps.

Whitecaps are the first Canadian club to qualify for SCCL in two successive years, and will be the first Canadian club to face “The Sharks”

Whitecaps will be expected to be followed on the long trip from Canada by their famous scarf waving supporters.

Meanwhile, Central F.C.’s players have been enduring double training sessions in their race to be fit for the big game on August 2nd. Aside from the usual football drills, the players have engaged in core strengthening and balance work with Gerard Alfonso of ASF located in the Long Circular Mall gym.

Alfonso has devised a special programme for The Sharks to ensure that they will play at maximum intensity for the full 90 minutes against Vancouver.

“The players have responded very well to Gerard in the gym” said Head Coach Dale Saunders “and they have worked extremely hard with Stern John and myself on the training field”

Central F.C. is currently searching for a sponsor for the coveted spot on the front of the jersey, as well as being in discussions with a major French club and a top MLS outfit, who are looking to partner with the Caribbean champions.

Match tickets will go on sale from Tuesday 19th July at Irie Elephant, Maraval and Bankers Insurance offices in St James and Chaguanas. Covered stand tickets will retail at TT$60 while tickets for the uncovered stand will be on sale at $40. Tickets will also be available for the Sporting Kansas City match on August 16th, Alongside a major radio advertising campaign, information will also be available on the clubs facebook pages; central fc fan club and central fc the sharks.

The real measure of a man's character is what he would do if he knew he would never be found out.

1]; } ?>