March 28, 2024, 07:29:13 AM

Poll

Will a Premiership side save Kenwyne when Cardiff get relegated?

Yes
6 (18.8%)
No
26 (81.3%)

Total Members Voted: 31

Author Topic: Kenwyne Jones Thread  (Read 244300 times)

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Kenwyne Jones Thread
« Reply #1380 on: September 27, 2016, 06:45:03 PM »
WATCH: Kenwyne Jones talks about his decision to play in the T&T Pro League before taking up duties at Atlanta United

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/GJbjT4UTAE8" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/GJbjT4UTAE8</a>
The Conquering Lion of Judah shall break every chain.

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Kenwyne Jones ready “to be a part of history” with Atlanta United
« Reply #1381 on: October 03, 2016, 07:53:14 PM »
Kenwyne Jones ready “to be a part of history” with Atlanta United
By Michael McColl (aftn.ca)

It’s all starting to take shape for Atlanta United ahead of their inaugural Major League Soccer season.

Atlanta named their first head coach this week with the addition of the experienced Argentine Gerardo “Tata” Martino. With a 20-year coaching career behind him at both club and international level, Martino joins the seven signed players already on Atlanta’s books, with more to come soon.

Martino’s experience of the world game will be crucial in Atlanta’s first season in the league, as will that of veteran forward Kenwyne Jones, who joined United in July.

Jones heads to the league as a familiar name, having spent the past 12 years successfully plying his trade in the UK, nine of them in the Premier League. As to why he’s chosen to come to MLS at this stage of his career, and why Atlanta instead of a more established team, the answer lies in the exciting challenges ahead.

“It was a great opportunity to be in the league,” admits Jones. “A new franchise, in a great city. It’s part of making history. We’ve just signed Tata Martino, plus we have time to gather quite a few good players and hopefully we can build the franchise into something great.

“Something like this, it doesn’t happen every year. I took it as a great opportunity to be a part of history and also to be closer to home as well because we have qualifiers coming up and it’s going to be a long road to that. I don’t want to be flying too far.”

After spending so many years with top sides in England and Wales, it would have been easy for the long time Trinidad and Tobago captain to stay on familiar territory, but Jones admits a move to MLS has been on his radar for a while now.

“Maybe five, six years to be honest,” Jones said. “It’s all about choosing the right time to be part of the organization. I’ve had a long time in England so I think it was good for me to have a change of scenery, a change of atmosphere, and also a change to the calendar year. So it was good and perfect timing to join in the MLS now.”

Jones won’t be heading in to his new league cold. He’s had plenty of time to get the take on Atlanta’s opponents next season over the last few months, and with a number of friends already playing over here, along with a keen interest in soccer in the region, MLS is already a league very familiar to the forward.

“I’ve been watching MLS all the time, so it’s nothing new,” Jones revealed. “I’ve got quite a few friends around the league so I know what it’s about. It’s nothing strange to me. It’s nothing new. I’m just going to enjoy it.

“I’ve been playing against MLS teams for maybe the last five or six years in preseason as well, so I’m accustomed to what goes on out here, so I’m not going to be a fish out of water.”

That previous experience in the US has given Jones a good understanding of all the quirks North American soccer can throw up, from the coast to coast travel to the different stadia, atmospheres, and playing surfaces around the league. But the T&T captain feels the make-up of the league is perfect for a player like himself.

“Every league, every country, has a different style of playing soccer,” added Jones. “It’s nothing different. It’s nothing that you can’t adapt to. Over here we have most of the CONCACAF players in it, so it’s always good to be in that mix, because we have qualifiers coming up.

“Mostly everyone that we’re going to be playing against with club teams, you’re going to be playing against in the national team, so it’s always good to know and to have some sort of acquaintance with the players that you’re going to be playing against.”

Jones’ most recent experience of a MLS stadium came on Wednesday evening in Vancouver when his Central FC side went down to a 4-1 loss to the Whitecaps. It was Jones’ first visit to BC Place and he liked what he saw. Even the rare experience of playing on turf didn’t faze him, and gave him a taste of what to expect next season with Atlanta.

“It’s a bit different,” Jones said of playing on turf. “It’s okay. When you’re used to playing on something like that it goes to your advantage. It’s not what I’m really used to. It wasn’t too bad [in Vancouver]. It wasn’t wet or too slick. It was okay.”

Jones signed a short term deal with the reigning TT Pro League Champions in the summer. In part it was to keep his fitness at top level ahead of preseason with Atlanta, but it was also a chance to return back home before the next stage of his footballing journey begins.

It also affords the veteran forward the chance to share his years of experience with the younger crop of Trinidad and Tobagan talent coming through.

“It was perfect for me to be back home for a little bit,” Jones said. “I haven’t been home for like 12 years, so it was good for me to be back home in transition to going to Atlanta and also it was difficult to go somewhere and play for six months and then go over to Atlanta. I’d probably have to extend a loan or play a year there and then join up in the middle of the season, which I didn’t want to do.

“It was a perfect fit for me at this point of time. While I’m here I’m going to be able to shed experience to younger players and also within the team, there’s players that I have played with since I was 14 or 15-years-old. So it’s not really a strange make up for me but it was also for me to be at least in a good place during the transition.”

Jones heads to MLS at a good age, having done it at the top level with both club and country. He’ll be 32-years-old when he joins up with his new Atlanta teammates and still has a number of good years left in the tank.

He’s clearly relishing the new challenge that awaits him. As to how many others will follow Jones’ path over to MLS from the UK in the coming months, he’s not sure, feeling most players tend to like to stick to what they know best.

“It depends,” mused Jones. “It goes down to the individual. Most players in England, or in the UK, I would say are accustomed to that system and don’t want to leave generally. I’m not from there, I’m from the Caribbean. I don’t have any problem to playing elsewhere.

“To me, football is an experience, because by the time you look around, it’s going to be time to retire. I look forward to having that experience, that life experience, that footballing experience. It doesn’t bother me to go other places to play.”

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
« Reply #1382 on: October 10, 2016, 07:14:59 AM »
Team effort needed to reach Russia, says Jones.
By Nigel Simon (Guardian).

Soca Warriors captain Kenwyne Jones says for the team to qualify to the 2018 Fifa World Cup Finals in Russia, a total team effort is needed.

Jones was speaking after he set up three goals in T&T’s 4-0 defeat of Dominican Republic in their Caribbean Football Union Cup Final Group Four qualifier, at the Ato Boldon Stadium, Couva on Wednesday night.

Scoring the goals for T&T were Kevin Molino, with a hat-trick, his second against the same opponents in two matches and Cordell Cato.

The win makes eight-time CFU champions T&T leader among the three teams which also includes Martinique with three points ahead of its final match away to the French-speaking islands tomorrow at Stade Municipal, Pierre-Aliker, Fort-de-France.

Martinique beat Dominican Republic 2-1 on Saturday  at the Estadio Panamerican, San Cristobal.

At the end of the three-team series only the winner will qualify to the CFU Cup Finals and the Concacaf Gold Cup set for next year.

Asked about the team’s upcoming campaign in the Concacaf qualifiers against Costa Rica, Mexico, USA, Honduras and Panama, Jones was quick to point out it will be a new experience for most of the team.

“For 99 per cent of the players, playing in the “Hex” will be a first time experience and also  a bit of anxiety. We need to work on stuff, we need to get more solid and more discipline in the way we defend. And the way that we have been letting in goals, we need to strengthen our passing game and our attacking and score consistently.

“So yes, I believe the World Cup final round campaign is on our minds at the moment and yes we are anticipating it and we are looking forward to it, but we are also anxious in getting to work and getting things right.”

Jones noted that when T&T qualified for the World Cup, the team also had one of the worst starts and ended up qualifying. “We don’t want to be in that mode any more, seeing that we have made so much progress in this Concacaf region over the last three years.

“We want to be able to start off quickly and positively and try to pick up the maximum points at home against whoever we play and try and pick up points away, because the entire campaign is about strategy.

“Going into places like Mexico, Costa Rica and Honduras are not easy for anybody. These countries are not welcoming as us and it’s a tough battle and I don’t think a lot of the players have experienced that. So it’s going to be a brand new experience and one that is going to take a lot of mental strength from us and we are looking forward to the challenge.” 

Jones said it will take a total team effort for T&T to qualify. “It’s not going to take one man to make us qualify as you can tell from the last campaign that we were successful in it was a total team effort, so we are going to have that mindset going through to the “Hex”.”

The hexagonal, ten-match schedule for each of the participating countries, will be played from November through October 2017 at the end of which the top three finishers advance directly to the 2018 World Cup in Russia.

The fourth-placed team will play an intercontinental home-and-away playoff in November 2017, against a team from the Asian Football Confederation.

Fixtures - Home teams mentioned first.

Matchday 1: Friday, November 11, 2016:

USA vs Mexico, Honduras vs Panama, T&T vs Costa Rica

Matchday 2: Tuesday, November 15, 2016:

Costa Rica vs USA, Panama vs Mexico, Honduras vs T&T

Matchday 3: Friday, March 24, 2017

USA vs Honduras, T&T vs Panama, Mexico vs Costa Rica

Matchday 4: Tuesday, March 28, 2017

Panama vs USA, Honduras vs Costa Rica, T&T  vs Mexico

Matchday 5: Wednesday, June 7 or Thursday, June 8, 2017 TBD*

USA vs T&T, Costa Rica vs Panama, Mexico vs Honduras

Matchday 6: Sunday, June 11 or Monday, June 12, 2017, TBD*

Mexico vs USA, Panama vs Honduras, Costa Rica vs T&T

Matchday 7: Friday, Sept. 1, 2017

USA vs Costa Rica, Mexico vs Panama, T&T vs Honduras

Matchday 8: Tuesday, Sept. 5, 2017

Honduras vs USA, Panama vs T&T, Costa Rica vs Mexico

Matchday 9: Friday, Oct. 6, 2017

USA vs Panama, Costa Rica vs Honduras, Mexico vs T&T

Matchday 10: (*matches kickoff simultaneously) Friday, Oct. 10, 2017

T&T vs USA, Panama vs Costa Rica, Honduras vs Mexico

The real measure of a man's character is what he would do if he knew he would never be found out.

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1383 on: October 13, 2016, 12:18:40 PM »
WATCH: Kenwyne Jones talks about immigration and racism in the UK

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/ev-Kp6M7Rzc" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/ev-Kp6M7Rzc</a>

Offline Quags

• use to b compre . Founder of the militant wing of the Soca Warriors
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1384 on: October 14, 2016, 07:23:23 AM »
Did KJ get hurt in the last game ? If so how bad was it ?

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1385 on: October 16, 2016, 07:51:56 PM »
Kenwyne Jones weighs in on the affairs of the Men’s National Senior Team
Kenwyne Jones Media

This release seeks to provide updates, further to various enquiries from members of the media, regarding recent events surrounding the Captain of the Senior Men's National Team, Kenwyne Jones.

Medical Status:

As widely reported in the media, Mr. Jones was injured during the Caribbean Cup Qualifying Game against Martinique on Wednesday 12th October 2016. Based on the most recent medical scan, it was revealed that Kenwyne has suffered a minor ligament tear. Doctors have indicated, however, that his recovery time should be short. Kenwyne is looking forward to returning the best of health to prepare with the National Team for the World Cup 2018 Qualifier against Costa Rica on November 11th. Kenwyne would like to especially thank his club Central FC for facilitating all needs during this period of recovery.

Road to World Cup 2018:

Trinidad and Tobago is nearing a crucial period in the nation's World Cup 2018 journey - the Hexagonal Campaign. As captain of the National Team, Mr. Jones and his peers continue to fully support the Head Coach, Stephen Hart, as well as the staff of Men's Senior National Team. The relationships built over the last 3 years has been paramount to reaching this advanced stage of competition in the World Cup, and the connections have been dynamized with Coach Hart's experience and unwavering commitment to the players. Moving into The Hex, Mr. Jones and the players sincerely believe that Coach Hart at the helm will give the team the best chance to qualify for Russia 2018. Jones is confident in Coach Hart's leadership, saying, "This is the best team we've had in a while, and there's no doubt that we cannot go forward without him."

National Team Effort:

There have been reports circulating in the public domain, surrounding the disciplinary action taken recently against Kevin Molino. The following is a statement from Captain Jones, speaking on behalf of the National Team:

"With every team, there are young, talented players, and they sometimes make mistakes. Coming out of this recent situation, as a player it's important to take away a solid lesson, buckle down and make yourself a better player and a person. Some reactions have not been the best, and there has been disappointment across the board, including from fans.

We all want Kevin to put everything behind him - apologise properly to Coach, staff and players and by extension Trinidad and Tobago - and move forward together as a unit. He has been and will always be a great addition to the squad. But when it comes down to it, this is about representing yourself and Trinidad and Tobago, and nobody is ever bigger than the game. At the end of the day, we're hoping that we can all learn from this and get back to the business of football and together make World Cup history again for T&T."

Offline Jumbie

• ~~~ JUMBIE ~~~
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1386 on: October 16, 2016, 08:20:00 PM »
Captain my Captain!  :salute:

Offline Preacher

• We doh smoke or drink or pop pills. When we light the mic is strickly jess skills
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1387 on: October 16, 2016, 08:32:14 PM »
The man just put we through a Master Class jess so jess so. 
In Everything give thanks for this is the will of God concerning you.

Offline Controversial

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Gino McKoy
« Reply #1388 on: October 16, 2016, 11:20:25 PM »
Full support to Kenwyne despite what others think..

Molino need to be a man and realize loyalty means more than he believes

Offline soccerman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1389 on: October 17, 2016, 08:18:31 AM »
Well said KJ and thank you for the press release. Speedy recovery :beermug:

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1390 on: October 17, 2016, 12:21:19 PM »
The skipper is leading the way with transparency, but somewhat out of necessity.

Road to World Cup 2018:

Trinidad and Tobago is nearing a crucial period in the nation's World Cup 2018 journey - the Hexagonal Campaign. As captain of the National Team, Mr. Jones and his peers continue to fully support the Head Coach, Stephen Hart, as well as the staff of Men's Senior National Team. The relationships built over the last 3 years has been paramount to reaching this advanced stage of competition in the World Cup, and the connections have been dynamized with Coach Hart's experience and unwavering commitment to the players. Moving into The Hex, Mr. Jones and the players sincerely believe that Coach Hart at the helm will give the team the best chance to qualify for Russia 2018. Jones is confident in Coach Hart's leadership, saying, "This is the best team we've had in a while, and there's no doubt that we cannot go forward without him."

In part, political statement. In part, notice. In part, warning. In part, checkmate.

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
« Reply #1391 on: October 18, 2016, 02:38:55 AM »
Jones sidelined with lower leg injury.
T&T Guardian Reports.

T&T captain Kenwyne Jones will be sidelined for a short time after results of an MRI Scan showed he suffered injuries to two tendons in the posterior aspect of the lower leg in last week’s Caribbean Cup qualifier between T&T and Martinique. The MRI was done soon after his return to T&T from Fort-de-France last week.

Team doctor Terence Babwah told national coach Stephen Hart his striker who has played in England, United Arab Emirates (UAE), and soon to the MLS in the United States next year, will be out for a short period. However, he also gave the assurance that the rasta-hair style forward will recover in time to resume training ahead of the November 11th CONCACAF World Cup qualifier against Costa Rica at the Hasely Crawford Stadium, Mucurapo.

“We received the results of the MRI on Kenwyne and it has been determined that he suffered injured tendons in his lower leg and will be out for a short period. He is expected to recover and be eligible for selection for our two upcoming World Cup qualifiers. We wish him a speedy recovery,” Hart said.

Hart further commented: “It’s always a difficult situation when any member of your team suffers an injury. It was disappointing that he was forced to leave the field at such an early stage of the match but again I don’t want to use that as an excuse for the performance of the team in Martinique.”

According to Hart: “The team is not based on one player. As a unit, the players and all of us members of this team would obviously have to understand our roles and contributions that are required at this level of the game. We all have one common goal which is to always represent our country and ourselves in the best possible way when we put on the national shirt, and this includes adapting and adjusting to circumstances as they arise.”

The real measure of a man's character is what he would do if he knew he would never be found out.

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1392 on: November 06, 2016, 07:18:06 PM »
At the risk of stretching a comparison ... anyone observe Zlatan's activity off the ball.

Jose Mourinho's comment today on Ibrahimovic following the Swansea away match in which Ibra ended his scoring drought:

"A striker that doesn’t score goals but does everything else is a very important player for the team.”

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Kenwyne Jones: World Cup qualification still within our reach
« Reply #1393 on: November 18, 2016, 06:42:50 PM »
Kenwyne Jones: World Cup qualification still within our reach
TTFA Media

Trinidad and Tobago’s senior men’s team returned from San Pedro Sula, Honduras on Thursday night minus some of its overseas-based members who returned to their respective destinations following Tuesday’s World Cup qualifying loss in Honduras.

Head Coach Stephen Hart led the local contingent accompanied by head of delegation, TTFA Vice President Ewing Davis and team captain Kenwyne Jones.

Among those returning was goalkeeper Jan Michael Williams who suffered a concussion in the first half of Tuesday’s match and had to be rushed to the Cemena Hospital in San Pedro Sula. He underwent an emergency CT scan of the head and neck which showed no evidence of fracture or brain bleeding.

Williams was evaluated by consultant neurosurgeon Dr Chang who diagnosed a moderate concussion. Williams was reevaluated 24 hours later after the incident and cleared to fly to Port of Spain. He has been advised to avoid all sporting activities for two weeks after being symptom free. This could lead to a total of 3-4 weeks away off before restarting any form of training.

Skipper Jones, fully aware of the level of criticism being aimed at him in recent times, vowed that the T&T team will pull its way of the current slump.

“It is disappointing but I am optimistic as in reference to the 2006 campaign, we are in a similar position to what we were back then before we qualified. Knowing the way the games have gone so far and how the teams are standing, it’s far from over.  We have eight games to go and I believe for a lot of the players, getting the experience so far is a good one which will serve them well for the upcoming games. There is still time to fix the situation,” Jones told TTFA Media.

“At the end of the day there is no substitute for experience. This final round of qualifying takes something different. If you look at all the games played in the group I don’t think we have been seeing much football but more about scrapping for victories and points. It’s something we have to get to.

“We have had so many instances where we played football to get out of trouble either winning or coming back to draw. We didn’t have too much games to scrap to save or get a victory. We need to fight to get those points on board. It is something we will have to get to quickly,” added the former Stoke City forward.

During a similar period in 2015, T&T, following their quarter-final finish at the CONCACAF Gold Cup, went onto defeat Panama 2-1 in Panama City, draw 3-3 with Mexico in Salt Lake City and defeat Guatemala 2-1 in the first match of the semi-final round of qualification in Guatemala, also holding the US 0-0 in Port of Spain. Jones spoke about the change in the way the team has handled its assignments over the past few months.

“Maybe a place of complacency for some of us. This is not a one-day thing. It’s been happening for quite a few games now but it serves as a good example for us to look back on to try and see what we need to do to get out of the situation,” Jones said.

“The public is going to have their issues and rightly so but at the same time as a team we need to look within ourselves and try to fix the problem because we are the only ones that are going to fix the problems. We have two home games in March so hopefully we can get to the drawing board and get this done. We need to start mending the wounds that we are carrying.”

Regardless, the Atlanta FC player is backing his troops to rebound.

“I have a hundred percent confidence in the team. I have no doubt the we can do it. The only one that will stop us from doing this is ourselves. We can’t look to blame anyone or say we are not being supported by anyone for the issues going on the field. We have to come together and working to fix our problems and the only way will be doing the nitty gritty and pulling ourselves out of it.”

T&T will face Suriname on January 4th followed by a clash between Haiti and Suriname on January 6th to be played in T&T in the CONCACAF Gold Cup playoffs. T&T will play the final match of the playoffs against Haiti on January 8th. Season Pass holders will have free access to these matches. Get your TTFA/NLCB Season Pass at all First Citizen’s Bank branches today.

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/v2bBjBOOdaY" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/v2bBjBOOdaY</a>

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
Still within our reach.
« Reply #1394 on: November 19, 2016, 06:52:45 AM »
Still within our reach.
TTFA Media.

Trinidad and Tobago’s senior men’s team returned from San Pedro Sula, Honduras on Thursday night minus some of its overseas-based members who returned to their respective destinations following Tuesday’s World Cup qualifying loss in Honduras.

Head Coach Stephen Hart led the local contingent accompanied by head of delegation, TTFA Vice President Ewing Davis and team captain Kenwyne Jones.

Among those returning was goalkeeper Jan Michael Williams who suffered a concussion in the first half of Tuesday’s match and had to be rushed to the Cemena Hospital in San Pedro Sula. He underwent an emergency CT scan of the head and neck which showed no evidence of fracture or brain bleeding.

Williams was evaluated by consultant neurosurgeon Dr Chang who diagnosed a moderate concussion. Williams was reevaluated 24 hours later after the incident and cleared to fly to Port of Spain.. He has been advised to avoid all sporting activities for two weeks after being symptom free. This could lead to a total of 3-4 weeks away off before restarting any form of training.

Skipper Jones, fully aware of the level of criticism being aimed at him in recent times, vowed that the T&T team will pull its way of the current slump.

“It is disappointing but I am optimistic as in reference to the 2006 campaign, e are in a similar position to what we were back then before we qualified. Knowing the way the games have gone so far and how the teams are standing, it’s far from over.  We have eight games to go and I believe for a lot of the players, getting the experience so far is a good one which will serve them well for the upcoming games. There is still time to fix the situation,” Jones told TTFA Media.

“At the end of the day there is no substitute for experience. This final round of qualifying takes something different. If you look at all the games played in the group I don’t think we have been seeing much football but more about scrapping for victories and points. It’s something we have to get to.

“We have had so many instances where we played football to get out of trouble either winning or coming back to draw. We didn’t have too much games to scrap to save or get a victory. We need to fight to get those points on board. It is something we will have to get to quickly,” added the former Stoke City forward.

During a similar period in 2015, T&T, following their quarter-final finish at the CONCACAF Gold Cup, went onto defeat Panama 2-1 in Panama City, draw 3-3 with Mexico in Salt Lake City and defeat Guatemala 2-1 in the first match of the semi-final round of qualification in Guatemala, also holding the US 0-0 in Port of Spain. Jones spoke about the change in the way the team has handled its assignments over the past few months.

“Maybe a place of complacency for some of us. This is not a one-day thing. It’s been happening for quite a few games now but it serves as a good example for us to look back on to try and see what we need to do to get out of the situation,” Jones said.

“The public is going to have their issues and rightly so but at the same time as a team we need to look within ourselves and try to fix the problem because we are the only ones that are going to fix the problems. We have two home games in March so hopefully we can get to the drawing board and get this done. We need to start mending the wounds that we are carrying.”

Regardless, the Atlanta FC player is backing his troops to rebound.

“I have a hundred percent confidence in the team. I have no doubt the we can do it. The only one that will stop us from doing this is ourselves. We can’t look to blame anyone or say we are not being supported by anyone for the issues going on the field. We have to come together and working to fix our problems and the only way will be doing the nitty gritty and pulling ourselves out of it.”

T&T will face Suriname on January 4th followed by a clash between Haiti and Suriname on January 6th to be played in T&T in the CONCACAF Gold Cup playoffs. T&T will play the final match of the playoffs against Haiti on January 8th. Season Pass holders will have free access to these matches. Get your TTFA/NLCB Season Pass at all First Citizen’s Bank branches today.

T&T team returns home ... Skipper Jones vows that T&T team will bounce back

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1395 on: December 05, 2016, 10:17:14 PM »
WATCH: Former Trinidad and Tobago Head Coach Stephen Hart urges fans to support Kenwyne Jones

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/tOy0BN2u13k" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/tOy0BN2u13k</a>

Offline soccerman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1396 on: December 05, 2016, 10:56:41 PM »
The sad this is the average fan don't see it that way.

Offline palos

• Hero Warrior
  • Test
    • View Profile
« Reply #1397 on: December 05, 2016, 11:35:21 PM »
The sad this is the average fan don't see it that way.

For most trinis, if yuh is a striker and cyah spannah nobody, yuh is a shithong

Carlos "The Rolls Royce" Edwards

Offline Controversial

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Gino McKoy
« Reply #1398 on: December 06, 2016, 05:03:52 PM »
Cummins and jones made a dynamic combo upfront until kerron was shot... kenwyne needs someone to feed off upfront, he needs service and that's what men need to realize ...

Offline Mose

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1399 on: December 07, 2016, 08:46:17 AM »
Cummins and jones made a dynamic combo upfront until kerron was shot... kenwyne needs someone to feed off upfront, he needs service and that's what men need to realize ...

I thought the relationship was different, Cummins feeding off of Kenwyne.
Are you a match? It's too late for Emru, but maybe you can help save someone's life: http://www.healemru.com

Offline Mad Scorpion a/k/a Big Bo$$

• Hero Warrior
  • a/k/a Optimus Prime
    • View Profile
« Reply #1400 on: December 07, 2016, 10:05:20 AM »

Me too.  KJ doh feed off nobody because dey seldom play to his strengths.  Why? Only they can answer that.

Offline pull stones

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1401 on: December 11, 2016, 09:10:18 AM »
I am guessing that kenny is going to miss the play off games vs surename and haiti?

Offline Controversial

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Gino McKoy
« Reply #1402 on: December 11, 2016, 10:54:19 PM »

Cummings capitalizing because they try to mark KJ out the game, maybe you can say he feeding off of him but kerron is creative and creates space and opps if you watch his replays... feed in the sense of service from the central mid and wingers...

Offline Mose

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1403 on: December 12, 2016, 02:58:23 AM »

Cummings capitalizing because they try to mark KJ out the game, maybe you can say he feeding off of him but kerron is creative and creates space and opps if you watch his replays... feed in the sense of service from the central mid and wingers...

I agree that Kenwyne needs service. I thought you were suggesting that Cummings was providing that service.
Are you a match? It's too late for Emru, but maybe you can help save someone's life: http://www.healemru.com

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1404 on: December 14, 2016, 12:44:56 PM »
... has January training camp with Atlanta United.

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Kenwyne dropped but not surprised
« Reply #1405 on: December 15, 2016, 07:55:07 AM »
Kenwyne dropped but not surprised
By Jelani Beckles (T&T Newsday)

TRINIDAD and Tobago football captain Kenwyne Jones will be missing from the national football team training session today, but the striker says he is not surprised to see his name missing from the squad and he does not have any animosity.

Belgian Tom Saintfeit, who was announced as the new head coach of T&T a week ago, released a squad of 28 players to begin preparations for two friendly international matches both against Nicaragua away from home on December 27 and 30. Saintfeit will have his first training session with the national team today at the Hasely Crawford Stadium from 7 pm.

Jones, who has represented the senior team for more than 10 years was a notable absentee from the squad. Saintfeit reportedly wants to go for a faster style of play and Jones was omitted from the squad.

In a media release Saintfeit stated, “the squad is made based on my style of play but also on consultation with several people of the technical committee, local coaches and other local people involved in football here. In the future we can also see players involved who were maybe not selected now because then I will follow up the league more and know more about the individual players and their qualities and I would have more knowledge of the players in the local league and abroad.”

Jones, who was part of the T&T team that qualified for the 2006 World Cup in Germany, said he is not shocked by the decision. Jones said, “I wish the team all the best, it is nothing that is surprising to me.

I had a meeting with the coach and obviously that is not a squad that he picked so at the end of the day I wish the team all the best and I hope that they come out successful in the games coming up.” Carlos Edwards, one of Jones’ teammates at the 2006 World Cup, received a call up yesterday. Edwards, now 38, has made 88 appearances for T&T , last playing for the national team in an international friendly against Jamaica in November 2013. Edwards is currently playing for Ma Pau Stars in the T&T Pro League.

Jones, despite the snub, said he still has the enthusiasm to play for T&T . “I don’t think that is a question, I have represented T&T in good times and bad times. The hunger is always there to represent T&T , I don’t think that has ever changed.” Jones added he has no hard feelings on being dropped. “I don’t feel animosity to anybody. At the end of the day everybody has their reasons for whatever selection and whatever process, he is the coach.

Again, obviously he is new here so he is probably getting help pick the squad.” The Central FC striker says he is glad to see new players being called up for the national team and does not want to say too much to cause a distraction to the team, “I mean a lot could be said about a lot of things and how people going about things but at the end of the day I am a footballer first. As someone usually says it is what it is.

“At the end of the day I am not going to say anything to make it seem as if I have a bad taste in my mouth or sour grapes. As I said I have represented T&T in good times (and) in bad times to the best of my ability under good circumstances, under bad circumstances. So me talking about any ills or wrongdoings or any tea to spill now definitely is not the time for that. I am still a player and moreover I want to see the country do well. The time for that small talk will be at some point in time in life.” T&T will leave on Christmas Day for Nicaragua.

T&T Training Squad: Jan Michael Williams (Central FC), Glenroy Samuel (Ma Pau Stars), Marvin Phillip (Morvant Caledonia United), Adrian Foncette (Police FC), Daneil Cyrus (W Connection), Sheldon Bateau (Krylia Sovetov Samara), Triston Hodge (Toronto FC II), Mekeil Williams (Colorado Rapids), Carlyle Mitchell (Seoul E-Land FC), Radanfah Abu Bakr (Sillamae Kallen), Alvin Jones (W Connection), Curtis Gonzales (Defence Force), Nathaniel Garcia (Central FC), Sean De Silva (Central FC), Hughtun Hector (W Connection), Maurice Forde (W Connection), Kevin Molino (Orlando City), Aikim Andrews (W Connection), Trevin Caesar (Orange County Blues), Cordell Cato (San Jose Earthquakes), Jomal Williams (Murcielagos FC), Hachim Arcia (Defence Force), Willis Plaza (Jabloteh FC), Shahdon Winchester (Murcielagos FC), Carlos Edwards (Ma Pau Stars), Joevin Jones (Seattle Sounders), Aubrey David (Dallas FC), Jomoul Francois (St Ann’s Rangers)

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Q&A: Atlanta United’s Kenwyne Jones
« Reply #1406 on: January 26, 2017, 09:46:59 AM »
Q&A: Atlanta United’s Kenwyne Jones
By Doug Roberson (The Atlanta Journal-Constitution)

Atlanta United’s Kenwyne Jones gave his first interview to a member of the Atlanta media while standing in the middle of a soccer field in the growing darkness of Bradenton, Fla. on Wednesday.

Jones, a native of Trinidad and Tobago, has a reputation of being a great interview after years of being in the Premier League, where he played for Stoke, Sunderland and Cardiff City, among others.

The big target forward didn’t disappoint.

(Note: I only had a few minutes because the players were trying to get back to their housing and I had other interviews lined up with more players who were also trying to get back to housing after finishing the second practice of the day. I apologize if I couldn’t dive too deeply with Jones).

Q: Why Atlanta United and Major League Soccer?

A: For me, No. 1, it was about a different experience for myself. I’m from the Caribbean. I’m not from the U.K. I’ve been playing professionally in the UK for 12 ½ years. My career isn’t over yet. I have three, possibly, four good years left. I wanted to experience a different culture.

I grew up looking at various types of soccer. MLS has been growing and I always wanted to play here someday. Happily, it’s with Atlanta United.

Of course it’s a beautiful city, a beautiful set-up as everyone can see. It’s about helping building a legacy, build a franchise and create a little bit of history.

Q: Do you have any history of doing anything like that outside of soccer? A school or a charity?

A: I don’t like to label myself with a specific charity. I have a different outlook on that. It’s structured. For me, charity is basically is walking down the street and helping someone out, whether it’s someone who is homeless or giving advice at schools. Whatever the case, I can lend my hand to.

Q: How do you think you fit in with what Gerardo Martino wants to do, your skills and his style?

A: We are only two days into preseason so the proper identity of what the team is going to be is still in the works. You can see that they are trying to slowly but surely impress the style and pattern of play. Of course, we still have a couple of people missing. People are going to be missing who are integral to the squad. So we still have a lot of work to do.

In the next week or so we are going to iron out what we are going to start out as and what we are going to play and keep working on that until the season opener. We have quite a few preseason games to go so we are still in the building process. I’m pretty sure working day by day we are going to get onto that. Hopefully what he’s planning to do I’ll be a fit.

Q: What is your first soccer memory?

A: My first memory actually is watching my uncle in 1989, World Cup qualifying for Trinidad, against the USA. That was my first memory. We needed one point. We didn’t get it. That was my first memory.

After that, growing up on World Cups, European Championships, all types of football.

Playing myself, it’s just been a continuation, a streamline of events happening from when I was 5 years old until now.

Q: Super Bowl prediction?

A: I’m just becoming a fan of NFL, properly. It goes without saying that I hope the Falcons win because it’s going to be my home. I have to support them not just because I’m living there but coming in on the wave of the euphoria and the way they played this year, the things they have to overcome being the underdogs, you have to give them that support, 100 percent.

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile

Offline palos

• Hero Warrior
  • Test
    • View Profile
Carlos "The Rolls Royce" Edwards

Offline Dinner Mints

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Cory Thomas: Illustration and Design
« Reply #1409 on: March 01, 2017, 10:59:56 AM »
Seems like anywhere he go fans gon quarrel bout him: http://forums.bigsoccer.com/threads/kenwyne-jones-thread.2038480/

1]; } ?>