April 25, 2024, 06:19:24 PM

Author Topic: Stevie Gerrard - Passionate or Just a Big Baby ?  (Read 7326 times)

Offline Filho

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Stevie Gerrard - Passionate or Just a Big Baby ?
« on: October 22, 2007, 07:08:46 PM »
What allyuh think about this? Is this just pure passion or is this symptomatic of today's spoilt, entitled football stars. Should Gerrard really need an explanation for being subbed or should Rafa expect this from his warriors? I mean I understand him being disappointed..but hurt? I have to admit, it easy to take this out of context, so I giving him the benefit of the doubt and saying he jes' passionate. But he pushing it a lil' by using the term hurt with a substitution and acting in such a way that the manage felt he hadda give him an explanation. Kudos to Rafa for displaying some good player management skills...not to mention cojones. I mighta let Gerrard stew  :devil:

http://soccernet.espn.go.com/news/story?id=474841&cc=5901

Liverpool manager Rafael Benitez has cleared the air with Steven Gerrard over replacing him in Saturday's Merseyside derby after the midfielder had declared he was 'hurt and disappointed' by the decision.....

.......Gerrard, who captained England during last week's defeat to Russia in Moscow, had earlier admitted he had found the decision hard to take despite victory over their derby rivals being 'the most important thing'.

'I'm a local lad so the derby is really important to me and I would have liked nothing better than to play the full game and to be on the pitch when we got the winner,' he said.

'But as it turned out I was taken off and Lucas Leiva who replaced me played a crucial role in us getting the winning goal.

'I was hurt and disappointed at being taken off because, like I said, I'm a local lad and the derby means everything to me.'

Offline Grande

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Stevie Gerrard - Passionate or Just a Big Baby ?
« Reply #1 on: October 22, 2007, 07:27:26 PM »
I have to give him de edge on being passionate, although that kinda passion and that kind of attitude might go hand in hand

"hurt" is probably de best word he could think of, he does talk in a real thick Scouser street dialect that not really known for its extensive vocabulary

T&T welcomes back...the King

giggsy11

« Reply #2 on: October 22, 2007, 07:34:40 PM »
A diver, inconsistent, overated, overhyped, super sized baby!

Offline black chinee

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 22, 2007, 07:43:41 PM »
BIGGGGGGG BABY....... can't cry on the tough streets of Liverpool so he cries on camera  :rotfl: :rotfl:  :devil: :devil:

Offline Tongue

• Hero Warrior
  • Blue is the Colour.....Chelsea Chelsea Chelsea
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 22, 2007, 07:51:35 PM »
man, jes stick ah bress in he mout and he go be arrrite oui!

Offline Ponnoxx

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 22, 2007, 07:58:32 PM »
 He sound kind babyish dey eh but I figure allyuh being a lil to harsh on mey boy...I am not a Liverpool fan eh but Gerrard is a heart and soul player...And a derby game...man dem ready to bite off people head

Offline dinho

• Hero Warrior
  • Yesterday is Yesterday and Today is Today!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 22, 2007, 08:01:14 PM »
frigging hypocrite...

man come out and bawl he abhor diving and would rake he teammate over de coals if he ever see him dive in a game..

is how much game this man dive in now??

Offline Mango Chow!

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 22, 2007, 09:13:02 PM »
frigging hypocrite...

man come out and bawl he abhor diving and would rake he teammate over de coals if he ever see him dive in a game..

Is who yuh directing dat question at?  Liverpool fans?  Nah!  You eh go get no answer on dat one.   Dey probably still too busy being vex 'bout de penalty dat Chelsea get the other day to even bother wit dat question.  :devil:  Steven  Gerrard?? A diver?? No way, Omar!!  Check yuh self!!

Not because a man ears long and he teet' long dat it make him a Jackass!

Offline Organic

• Bamboo # 5
  • Hero Warrior
  • Politics- 90% Personality 10% Principle
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 22, 2007, 09:14:23 PM »
this tread bout gerrad not ronaldo...ala manu
Perhaps the epitome of a Trinidadian is the child in the third row class with a dark skin and crinkly plaits who looks at you out of decidedly Chinese eyes and announces herself as Jacqueline Maharaj.- Merle Hodge

Offline Mango Chow!

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 22, 2007, 09:17:39 PM »

Dat blow was lower dan de white lines in de road......amazingly........one dat cronaldo would still trip and fall over if it would win him a penalty.........and a yellow/red card to the blow....or de white line, whichever come closest to him.
« Last Edit: October 22, 2007, 09:19:49 PM by Mango Chow! »

Offline dinho

• Hero Warrior
  • Yesterday is Yesterday and Today is Today!
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 22, 2007, 09:25:59 PM »
frigging hypocrite...

Is who yuh directing dat question at?  Liverpool fans?  Nah!  You eh go get no answer on dat one.   Dey probably still too busy being vex 'bout de penalty dat Chelsea get the other day to even bother wit dat question.  :devil:  Steven  Gerrard?? A diver?? No way, Omar!!  Check yuh self!!

who needs justification when you have youtube?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uVb2gbMtN3I

giggsy11

« Reply #11 on: October 22, 2007, 09:30:07 PM »
He sound kind babyish dey eh but I figure allyuh being a lil to harsh on mey boy...I am not a Liverpool fan eh but Gerrard is a heart and soul player...And a derby game...man dem ready to bite off people head

A writer wrote an interesting article regarding why Gerrard is much better off playing on the wing. He wrote that Gerrard lacks the discipline, consistency and smarts to be an effective midfield general. He also said that Gerrard also has difficulty making the passes that and effective midfielder needs to be able to make. He also wrote that Gerrard being on the wing places him in an area of the field that maximizes his talents and also disguizes his weaknessesThe writer used Beckham as a parrallel. Beckham if one remembered wanted to play infield when he was with United but Fergie never allowed him to do so. The reason being that he was best served crossing balls and not attempting to boss the middle of the park which was not a strength. So i say all that to say heart and soul does not equal smarts and skills!  

Offline Mango Chow!

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 22, 2007, 09:35:34 PM »
frigging hypocrite...

who needs justification when you have youtube?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uVb2gbMtN3I

Yeah, but Omar, for a man whose career spans over umpteen years, that video only cites five exmples of what only seems to be shameless diving.  The defenders affected his momentum.  Not enough to prove your case.....and as far as the quotes are concerned, I'm willing to bet they were taken out of context.   :whistling:  ;D   

giggsy11

« Reply #13 on: October 22, 2007, 09:38:35 PM »

The difference is Gerrard does act like he is honest and doh play for penalties. Ronaldo smart enough to stay away form the subject. Gerrard is a big phony!

Offline Mango Chow!

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 22, 2007, 09:48:43 PM »

The difference is Gerrard does act like he is honest and doh play for penalties. Ronaldo smart enough to stay away form the subject. Gerrard is a big phony!

Phony or not, FYAH fuh all dem divers!! from Thenry, to Drogba, to Robben, to Gerrard, to cronaldo!! Fyah bun all ah dem!  Dida and all!!

giggsy11

« Reply #15 on: October 22, 2007, 09:57:15 PM »

Phony or not, FYAH fuh all dem divers!! from Thenry, to Drogba, to Robben, to Gerrard, to cronaldo!! Fyah bun all ah dem!  Dida and all!!

Chow go to bed!

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: October 23, 2007, 01:19:30 AM »
What allyuh think about this? Is this just pure passion or is this symptomatic of today's spoilt, entitled football stars. Should Gerrard really need an explanation for being subbed or should Rafa expect this from his warriors? I mean I understand him being disappointed..but hurt? I have to admit, it easy to take this out of context, so I giving him the benefit of the doubt and saying he jes' passionate. But he pushing it a lil' by using the term hurt with a substitution and acting in such a way that the manage felt he hadda give him an explanation. Kudos to Rafa for displaying some good player management skills...not to mention cojones. I mighta let Gerrard stew  :devil:

http://soccernet.espn.go.com/news/story?id=474841&cc=5901

Liverpool manager Rafael Benitez has cleared the air with Steven Gerrard over replacing him in Saturday's Merseyside derby after the midfielder had declared he was 'hurt and disappointed' by the decision.....

.......Gerrard, who captained England during last week's defeat to Russia in Moscow, had earlier admitted he had found the decision hard to take despite victory over their derby rivals being 'the most important thing'.

'I'm a local lad so the derby is really important to me and I would have liked nothing better than to play the full game and to be on the pitch when we got the winner,' he said.

'But as it turned out I was taken off and Lucas Leiva who replaced me played a crucial role in us getting the winning goal.

'I was hurt and disappointed at being taken off because, like I said, I'm a local lad and the derby means everything to me.'

I'm a local lad so the derby is really important to me and I would have liked nothing better than to play the full game and to be on the pitch when we got the winner,' he said.

Totally understand the sentiment...I have no problem with Gerrard.

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 23, 2007, 01:20:40 AM »
Now that you're done telling us about yourself...what do you think of Gerrard?

Offline Carib-Briton

• Hero Warrior
  • Working Things Out!
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: October 23, 2007, 02:33:05 AM »

frigging hypocrite...

Lol
« Last Edit: October 23, 2007, 02:35:04 AM by Serial Gum Bumper »

Offline Arazi

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: October 23, 2007, 11:12:20 AM »

A writer wrote an interesting article regarding why Gerrard is much better off playing on the wing. He wrote that Gerrard lacks the discipline, consistency and smarts to be an effective midfield general. He also said that Gerrard also has difficulty making the passes that and effective midfielder needs to be able to make. He also wrote that Gerrard being on the wing places him in an area of the field that maximizes his talents and also disguizes his weaknessesThe writer used Beckham as a parrallel. Beckham if one remembered wanted to play infield when he was with United but Fergie never allowed him to do so. The reason being that he was best served crossing balls and not attempting to boss the middle of the park which was not a strength. So i say all that to say heart and soul does not equal smarts and skills!  

I don't want to turn this into a gerrard v lampard thread but I'm quite interested in seeing this article because I've been trying to tell people that i was convinced that Lampard, despite not being as talented as Gerrard, was a better fit as a midfielder in the middle of the field. I also found that lampard's team play was always better than gerrards and his passing was more accurate. Other than that i would agree Gerrard is the more complete player.

Offline JDB

• Hero Warrior
  • Red, White and Black till death
    • View Profile
    • We Reach
« Reply #20 on: October 23, 2007, 01:00:38 PM »
I don't want to turn this into a gerrard v lampard thread but I'm quite interested in seeing this article because I've been trying to tell people that i was convinced that Lampard, despite not being as talented as Gerrard, was a better fit as a midfielder in the middle of the field. I also found that lampard's team play was always better than gerrards and his passing was more accurate. Other than that i would agree Gerrard is the more complete player.

The article does not support a favourable comparison for lampard. It was maikng the point that Gerrard does not have the tactical discipline to be  player driving a team from the middle dependably like Roy Keane did (and like Fabregas does now for Arsenal).  If anything Gerrard, for all his faults is still more dynamic than Lampard.

The article can be found Here

It is one of those articles that you take with a grain of salt. For example Liverpool looked better on Saturday when they moved Gerrard in from the wing, whereas the article tries to make the point that he should be only on the wing.
« Last Edit: October 23, 2007, 01:02:32 PM by JDB »
THE WARRIORS WILL NOT BE DENIED.

giggsy11

« Reply #21 on: October 23, 2007, 05:29:53 PM »

Dey is why  people on this forum think you are a braying donkey's arse, you always tryin (emphasis on tryin) to shit up somebody in response to somethin they post. Hard luck with that because you are the one with the name SHIT in your name! So Mr. Bull and Shit keep looking in the mirror before you decide to pelt your shit

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: October 23, 2007, 08:22:51 PM »

Dey is why  people on this forum think you are a braying donkey's arse, you always tryin (emphasis on tryin) to shit up somebody in response to somethin they post. Hard luck with that because you are the one with the name SHIT in your name! So Mr. Bull and Shit keep looking in the mirror before you decide to pelt your shit

You should call yourself Kicksy11 instead...or maybe Giggly11 because you's pure comedy, even when you don't mean to be. 

"People on this forum" meaning who... your name is Ms. facking Cleo yuh reading other people's mind and speaking for them?  Nobody was trying tuh shit yuh up...but apparantely de jab reach home which is why yuh have blood running dong yuh leg now.  Thin-skinned nannyheads like you make my day go by that much faster.

Offline berris

• Hero Warrior
  • TnT ALL TIME GREATEST GOAL SCORER chase dem Jesse
    • View Profile
    • http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/graphics/gallery/football/facup2006/fourthround/upixcup9.jpg
« Reply #23 on: October 23, 2007, 09:03:40 PM »

Giggsy11... wham doh leh we fall out nah man,yuh cyar talk tuh my jackass so...steupps , all yuh man does really give all yuh mout liberty oui  :devil: ;D
IN GOD WE TRUST
IN MAN WE BUST
AND WOMAN...WORST !!!

CHASE DEM JESSIE

giggsy11

« Reply #24 on: October 23, 2007, 09:17:04 PM »

Giggsy11... wham doh leh we fall out nah man,yuh cyar talk tuh my jackass so...steupps , all yuh man does really give all yuh mout liberty oui  :devil: ;D

My bad, for talking to YOUR jackass so. You need to give him some more work to do doh cause that arse seem to have a lot a time on he hand to bray! So work your jackarse some more man. But sometin tell me your arse will be braying after he read this! Cheers, I didn't mean no harm, is just that YOUR jackass dosen't know when to keep his Bull & Shit to him self!

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: October 23, 2007, 09:48:32 PM »

Is only ah matter ah time before de forum's #1 man groupie show up.  You must be have me confused with dem man and dem who nutsacks yuh does be riding hard all over de place.

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: October 23, 2007, 09:51:14 PM »

My bad, for talking to YOUR jackass so. You need to give him some more work to do doh cause that arse seem to have a lot a time on he hand to bray! So work your jackarse some more man. But sometin tell me your arse will be braying after he read this! Cheers, I didn't mean no harm, is just that YOUR jackass dosen't know when to keep his Bull & Shit to him self!
De jackass is de man who ride yuh mother into de ground until she shit out ah hen like you...no wonder yuh so f**king fixated on 'Bull & Shit', yuh automatically think of one and make de association with de other...blasted homo.

Offline fishs

• I believe in the stars in the dark night.
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: October 24, 2007, 12:33:24 AM »

De jackass is de man who ride yuh mother into de ground until she shit out ah hen like you...no wonder yuh so f**king fixated on 'Bull & Shit', yuh automatically think of one and make de association with de other...blasted homo.

Now dais more like the forum ah come to know and respect.
BTW if Philbert Jones had take a good double tuck dive in the first 5mins of the game against the US in 89' yuh know de strike squad woulda be in Italia 90'
Ah want de woman on de bass

Offline Daft Trini

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: October 24, 2007, 08:23:04 PM »

He had a good dive today for a goal  ;D but crying like a baby beacuse of de shituation  in the CL :rotfl:

giggsy11

« Reply #29 on: October 24, 2007, 08:32:45 PM »
htoric

How come for  self righteous pompeous full of B&S person as yourself always resort to homophomic retorts when questioned on this forum. Wait dont answer that, because you are a self righteous pompeous full of B&S person and you only pretend to be an interlect when in fact you have issues with your own sexuality hence your continuous referral to other people's sexuality and tampons and fathers bending one over and the like. As much as you attempt to portray yourself as smart you are actually a dumb f*ck who uses this forum to project self hatred because you have a great desire to wear tampons but lack the necessary equipment to do so, you also have  a great desire to get f=cked in the front instead of the back as always because you lack the equipment to do so. So B&S free your self and step out of the closet so you can stop using this forum to express your self hatred and projection on to those you asume are full of B&S like you!

1]; } ?>