March 28, 2024, 01:11:04 PM

Author Topic: Allyuh tink Scurry (Meh gyul) days numbered in a US uniform?  (Read 5389 times)

Offline Mango Chow!

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Allyuh tink Scurry (Meh gyul) days numbered in a US uniform?
« on: October 22, 2007, 09:45:30 PM »

http://www.fifa.com/worldfootball/news/newsid=621076.html#ryan+us+boss

Ryan out as US boss(AFP) Monday 22 October 2007

Greg Ryan will not be back as head coach of the USA women's football team after his contract expires at the end of this year, US Soccer Federation president Sunil Gulati said Monday.

Ryan, who took over the job in January of 2005, was sharply criticised last month when he sat starting goalkeeper Hope Solo in favor of Brianna Scurry, who allowed four goals in a 4-0 loss to Brazil in the semi-finals of the FIFA Women's World Cup in China.

The controversy lingered as Solo's emotional and very public reaction, in which she slammed Ryan for his "wrong decision" in replacing her, saw her barred even from the US bench as the Americans beat Norway 4-1 in the third-place match in Shanghai.

Germany defeated Brazil to claim the women's world crown.

"At the conclusion of each world championship cycle, every national team's performance is closely analyzed," Gulati said in a statement. "There are many factors considered in this analysis, and it certainly isn't just about one loss or one particular coaching decision.

"In this case, after looking closely at the last six weeks and the team's performance at the 2007 FIFA Women's World Cup, we have made a decision to change leadership of the US Women's National Team."

Not because a man ears long and he teet' long dat it make him a Jackass!

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Allyuh tink Scurry (Meh gyul) days numbered in a US uniform?
« Reply #1 on: October 22, 2007, 10:27:32 PM »
More than likely!!!

Offline StoreBayLimer

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 22, 2007, 11:58:12 PM »

I will always remember her save against China in the first WC in 1999, and that is what actually gave the U.S the win, although Chastain’s kick and bra celebration got most of the attention.

Offline Mose

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 23, 2007, 12:00:42 AM »
Yeah, but then she's how old again??
Are you a match? It's too late for Emru, but maybe you can help save someone's life: http://www.healemru.com

Offline TRINIMITCH

• Jr. Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Photobucket
« Reply #4 on: October 23, 2007, 10:06:18 AM »
Yep her days are all over after that WC game.Dat was the biggest mistake in sports for the year i am sure.
PROUD TO BE MALICK

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 23, 2007, 10:48:17 AM »
Someone recently told me about the player mutiny under Ryan when he was @ Wisconsin. He was coach of the men's team and apparently fled to the women's game shortly after. Seems like he really took to the women's game because he like Marv Albert took to wearing panties.

This review would have taken place in any event. Aside from the Solo incident he didn't do himself any justice in pursuing a less offensive game versus Brazil.

Scurry is no Kristine Lilly. She was already on her swan song.

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 23, 2007, 11:08:35 AM »
Yep her days are all over after that WC game.Dat was the biggest mistake in sports for the year i am sure.
Nonsense.

It was a mistake from the standpoint of the firestorm it created, that's about it.  The team didn't need the distraction...in hindsight.  To say or imply that the move somehow cost them the game against Brazil is simply unintelligent, because not even Hope Solo was going to stop all 4 goals...and let's not lose sight of how many goals the US scored in that game.  So even had she stopped 3 they still would have lost.

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 23, 2007, 11:12:28 AM »
Someone recently told me about the player mutiny under Ryan when he was @ Wisconsin. He was coach of the men's team and apparently fled to the women's game shortly after. Seems like he really took to the women's game because he like Marv Albert took to wearing panties.

This review would have taken place in any event. Aside from the Solo incident he didn't do himself any justice in pursuing a less offensive game versus Brazil.

Player mutiny or not...50-0 over 4 years speaks for itself.  Clearly the man know what he was doing...just as Arena did with the men.  The USSF fancies themselves a bigger deal than they actually are, although they're more legitimately so in the women's game.  They expect to be in gold-medal contention every time out, as said by one of their own executives.  If this is precedent then they can expect to be changing coaches a lot more frequently now, because that attitude fails to appreciate the strides taken by the rest of the world in women's soccer.  To hang every failure to win gold on the coach, irrespective of how the team performs otherwise is arrogant and a sure fire way to destabilize their program.
« Last Edit: October 23, 2007, 11:37:48 AM by Bake n Shark »

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 23, 2007, 11:21:21 AM »
Bakes, that's a reasonable observation ... thing is from Gulati's perspective there are lots of folks waiting in the wings.

Part of the analysis would have involved getting feedback from major stakeholders. I don't think the Solo incident alone created a knee-jerk reaction by the USSF (not that you suggested that).

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 23, 2007, 11:41:35 AM »
Bakes, that's a reasonable observation ... thing is from Gulati's perspective there are lots of folks waiting in the wings.

Part of the analysis would have involved getting feedback from major stakeholders. I don't think the Solo incident alone created a knee-jerk reaction by the USSF (not that you suggested that).

It's at least implicit, and played a big part in my thinking, so fair to infer that.  I think the vast majority of it was a knee-jerk reaction to the incident, because why else would they have gotten rid of him?  For not winning the gold?  It's not like they won gold in 2003...so can't be that alone.  Was the team horrible or did they not play well in the WC?  Hardly.  So yeah, I think that semi-final game was his undoing.  Gulati has been at this for quite some time, so I won't disparage his knowledge and vision...but I really can't help but shake my head at this decision.  Maybe as you said they're just that confident in whomever they have waiting in the wings.

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 14, 2007, 12:48:37 PM »
They have named Ryan's replacement: ... Pia Sundhage ... Swedish ... I can see Kristine Lilly's fingerprints on this ...

Offline elan

• Go On ......Get In There!!!!!!!!
  • Hero Warrior
  • WaRRioR fOr LiFe!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 14, 2007, 01:22:37 PM »
The USA is failing to see that the rest of the world has finally caught up and is going by them rather quickly, hence their deperate measures with the coach. As camel toe put it, Solo would not have made those saves, plus the US did not get on the score sheet.

Anyone looking at the last Olympic with the USA vs Brazil, you would have known that the USA cut arse was coming soon or later....more sooner than later. The US women team are struggling for good technical players right now. A lot of the players coming up are not as properly coach as there predecessors were. The whole clubs and tournament system is catching up with them.

The USA defending was poor, decision making and composure on the ball was lacking greatly. Ideas were nil, and the leadership was not there. They were as flat as yesterdays soda.

It will always be the coach's fault if the players do not like them. 
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4</a>

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 14, 2007, 01:59:22 PM »
They have named Ryan's replacement: ... Pia Sundhage ... Swedish ... I can see Kristine Lilly's fingerprints on this ...
Well dey say Hamm was part of de search committee...but yeah, I too was wondering why they decide to go outside de US.  Probably indicative of them thinking that US coaches haven't kept apace of global developments in the sport.

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 14, 2007, 02:31:51 PM »
Reference my comment above concerning 'major stakeholders'. Kristine Lilly as captain would have been involved in the consultation process.

The search committee comprised only Gulati, Mia and Dan Flynn (US Soccer Secretary General). What I like is that the announcement came precisely within the timetable they had set for making a decision (30-45 days).

Sundhage and Lilly have a history. She coached Lilly in Boston and Kristine was taken by Sundhage to play for the Swedish team Sundhage used to coach.

Sundhage has also worked as a scout for the US federation ... so the ever common bridging the culture formula played in her favour. Philosophically, the belief is that she can inspire the team to address something Elan mentioned ... 'composure on the ball' ... allegedly her gift will be to bring attacking soccer via maintaining possession.

They kept this pretty close to dey chest. Have to assume dey gambling correctly.

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: November 14, 2007, 03:08:00 PM »
Reference my comment above concerning 'major stakeholders'. Kristine Lilly as captain would have been involved in the consultation process.

Not disputing that she was...

Offline Fyzoman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: November 14, 2007, 04:32:51 PM »

Player mutiny or not...50-0 over 4 years speaks for itself.  Clearly the man know what he was doing...just as Arena did with the men.  The USSF fancies themselves a bigger deal than they actually are, although they're more legitimately so in the women's game.  They expect to be in gold-medal contention every time out, as said by one of their own executives.  If this is precedent then they can expect to be changing coaches a lot more frequently now, because that attitude fails to appreciate the strides taken by the rest of the world in women's soccer.  To hang every failure to win gold on the coach, irrespective of how the team performs otherwise is arrogant and a sure fire way to destabilize their program.

everytime i watch de women's team and hear people talk bout Ryan record, ah does think that if I had dem players at my disposal, ah could have just as good a record :) my feeling is any number of US  coaches could have had just as good a record as Ryan.....is when dese fellahs become too smart for dey own good is when de problems does begin(see Peckerman, Parriera and Van Basten in WC '06)....so away wid Greg Ryan and bring on Hope Solo-ah mean-Pia Sundhage :D
"Practice is the best of all instructors"

Offline Filho

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: November 14, 2007, 04:38:29 PM »

A trigger happy USSF will be a failing USSF. No argument there. But the 'win or move on' attitude has some merit at a program like the US women's team. Barring special circumstances, elite programs, or agressively ambitious ones give their coaches a limited amount of time to win a major tournament. On the men's side...Brazil, Argentina, Italy, Germany..for the most part give their coaches a WC and Regional Cup cycle. Failure to win one or the other means you either get fired, or you resign. It's no more destabilizing than bringing in new players. I can't say exactly why the USSF fired Ryan, but I don't necessarily see the harm of them developing the attitude that they have a reasonable chance of winning every tournament they enter. If I flip it to an elite men's team like Brazil or Argentina...If the coach wins 50 on the trot, builds the expectation that this is a championship calibre side and then gets smashed in a WC semi final, and along the way, gets embroiled in a player controversy...he'd probably get fired at half time. I actually commend the USSF for not being knee-jerk and firing him on the spot and even allowing him to coach the team through a few meaningless friendlies after the WC. The US needs fresh ideas now..they topped the game in the past, but look tactically outdated now. So bringing in a new coach now at the end of a tournament cycle could be just what the doc ordered.

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: November 14, 2007, 05:05:41 PM »

Not disputing that she was...

Ah know ... truss meh, by now ah recognise a forum war dance or pattern ;D

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: November 14, 2007, 05:08:34 PM »

everytime i watch de women's team and hear people talk bout Ryan record, ah does think that if I had dem players at my disposal, ah could have just as good a record :) my feeling is any number of US  coaches could have had just as good a record as Ryan.....is when dese fellahs become too smart for dey own good is when de problems does begin(see Peckerman, Parriera and Van Basten in WC '06)....so away wid Greg Ryan and bring on Hope Solo-ah mean-Pia Sundhage :D

perhaps...

Ah know ... truss meh, by now ah recognise a forum war dance or pattern ;D

Lol@ 'war dance'...  :beermug:

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: November 14, 2007, 05:14:11 PM »

A trigger happy USSF will be a failing USSF. No argument there. But the 'win or move on' attitude has some merit at a program like the US women's team. Barring special circumstances, elite programs, or agressively ambitious ones give their coaches a limited amount of time to win a major tournament. On the men's side...Brazil, Argentina, Italy, Germany..for the most part give their coaches a WC and Regional Cup cycle. Failure to win one or the other means you either get fired, or you resign. It's no more destabilizing than bringing in new players. I can't say exactly why the USSF fired Ryan, but I don't necessarily see the harm of them developing the attitude that they have a reasonable chance of winning every tournament they enter. If I flip it to an elite men's team like Brazil or Argentina...If the coach wins 50 on the trot, builds the expectation that this is a championship calibre side and then gets smashed in a WC semi final, and along the way, gets embroiled in a player controversy...he'd probably get fired at half time. I actually commend the USSF for not being knee-jerk and firing him on the spot and even allowing him to coach the team through a few meaningless friendlies after the WC. The US needs fresh ideas now..they topped the game in the past, but look tactically outdated now. So bringing in a new coach now at the end of a tournament cycle could be just what the doc ordered.

Maybe...but the man had what amounts to one slip up.  Some errors are sufficiently egregious that they don't merit a second chance, agreed.  I'm just not convinced that this was the case here...sometimes you gamble and win, sometimes you gamble and lose. 

To be fair there's a certain degree of bias and sentimentality at play in my position...I just really admire Scurry for what she has done for the sport here in the US, particularly doing so as a black athlete...where she likely had to overcome whites doubting her and blacks asking her why she playing a sell-out sport.   I commend Ryan for taking a flier on his veteran keeper. 

Had the situation been reversed and he benched a soaring Scurry in favor of taking a chance on Solo I mighta been de first man doing flips when dey fire him, lol.

Offline Mango Chow!

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: November 14, 2007, 08:11:43 PM »
Whether the reaction by the USSF was knee-jerk or not,  with the appointment of this new coach, we shall see soon enough (A) what she thinks of Scurry and her "aging" abilities (B) What is the state of affairs in the goalkeeping department for the US women and/or (C) whether or not coach Ryan was justified in taking the gamble that he did and trying something bold in swapping GK's in the middle of the biggest tournament in their sport (bearing in mind that the challenges that these American women currently face of being the alpha male that has maybe gotten a little long in the tooth and been caught up by the rest of the hungry pack have absolutely nothing to do with deficiencies in their goalkeeping department.)   

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: May 24, 2008, 02:30:31 PM »
U.S. Goalkeeper Is Back, but Not Back in Good Graces

May 25, 2008
By JERÉ LONGMAN

CARSON, Calif. — Eight months after the benching of goalkeeper Hope Solo and the corrosive fallout at the Women’s World Cup, no one is pretending that all wounds have healed as the Olympics approach. Close friendships have frayed. The telephone calls that used to come on days off — let’s go shopping, let’s go to the beach — no longer come.

“It hurts,” Solo, 26, said in one breath, then in the next, “It’s not uncomfortable by any means.

“Nobody reaches out to me quite as much,” Solo continued. “It’s normal. I expect that.”

Last September, as the United States women’s soccer team prepared to face Brazil in the semifinals of the World Cup in China, Coach Greg Ryan benched Solo and replaced her with Briana Scurry. The move was widely criticized and was sure to cost Ryan his job if it did not succeed.

After the American team lost, 4-0, Solo, emotional in defeat and still grieving over the recent death of her father, said, “It was the wrong decision, and I think anybody that knows anything about the game knows that.”

This was no longer 2004; a team cannot live in the past, Solo said, a reference to the gold-medal-winning performance by the American team at the Athens Olympics and, many believed, a rebuke of Scurry.

“There’s no doubt in my mind I would have made those saves,” Solo said.

She was ostracized by Ryan and by her teammates, prohibited from joining them for the third-place game against Norway, from eating team meals, even from traveling home on the same flight. To others on the squad, Solo had violated the ethos of the national side, putting herself above the team. Ryan, too, eventually paid a price, losing his job and being replaced by Pia Sundhage of Sweden.

Another major international soccer tournament will be played in China in August at the Beijing Olympics. Solo is expected to start in goal as the United States defends its gold medal. But she knows that things will never quite be the same. Her teammates appreciate her skills but keep her at arm’s length. She is respected but not embraced.

Success for the United States in Beijing will depend in no small part on the players’ ability to defy a widely held belief in elite women’s soccer that teammates must be friends and enjoy an emotional connection with one another in order to prevail.

“If you ask me about the Hope story, they will never forget that,” Sundhage said as the American women prepared for a tournament to be played next month in South Korea. “It will never leave them. But they can deal with that feeling. That’s the most important thing.”

Solo’s criticism was a relatively rare instance of a female athlete complaining publicly about a coach or a teammate, something that happens more frequently in men’s sports. The incident raised a number of questions, some along gender lines, about what is considered appropriate behavior and punishment of athletes.

Should Solo have been reprimanded simply for speaking her mind? Did Solo’s teammates overreact by shunning her, placing their feelings ahead of the team, just as they accused her of doing? Would a male player have been similarly banished? Is it fair to ask female athletes to carry a burden of moral or ethical superiority that male athletes are not expected to carry?

“Would we even have batted an eyelash if it was David Beckham?” said Aimee Mullins, president of the Women’s Sports Foundation.

Mullins added: “For Hope Solo to be angry, and to express that anger, I’m not judging her for that. I do think it was unfortunate; you don’t want to throw Briana Scurry under the bus. That said, leaving your teammate behind at the hotel is no better. That wasn’t classy. I go with the premise if there’s no I in team, stick with it all the way.”

Solo said that her raw feelings at the World Cup were deeply affected by the death of her father three months earlier. Their relationship was complicated. Even her father’s name was variable. People knew him variously as Jeffrey, Johnny and Jerry. He had also changed his last name twice. Perhaps he had been in a witness-protection program, Hope said. He died before everything could be explained.

“It was a long-running joke in our family, we don’t even know our dad’s real name,” Hope said.

She knows that her father was a Vietnam veteran from the Bronx who once boxed competitively and later moved to Seattle. He grew estranged from the family for a decade, before Solo reconnected with him when she attended the University of Washington from 1999 to 2002.

Jeffrey Solo was homeless and lived in a tent in the woods, Hope said. Still, he attended all of her games and assessed her performances candidly. He sometimes carried a foul smell and stuffed his coat with free food, but she got over that. There was no one she preferred to talk to more about soccer. Sometimes, she visited his tent and gave him macaroni and cheese. They talked for hours. He was funny and open. She could go to him for any kind of advice.

“He was my inspiration; he was so competitive, so passionate about life,” Solo said.

Last June, while the national team was training for an exhibition in Cleveland, Jeffrey Solo died for reasons that remain unclear. Hope dedicated the World Cup to him. She wanted to make her father proud. She gave armbands to her family and friends that bore Jeffrey Solo’s initials. She carried his ashes to China and scattered them around the goalmouth before each match.

Actually, Solo forgot to perform the ritual before the opening match and surrendered two goals in a 2-2 tie with North Korea. Then she collected three consecutive shutouts, against Sweden, Nigeria and England. That is why it was surprising when Ryan benched Solo for the semifinal against Brazil.

He preferred Scurry, a star of the 1999 Women’s World Cup and a gold medalist from 2004 who had greater experience, tremendous reflexes and an unbeaten record against Brazil. The switch backfired. After the defeat, Solo said, she was overcome by the despairing idea that the United States could not win the world championship.

As she thanked her family and friends in the stands, she said, she became further distraught by the sight of her older brother, Marcus, who cried as he told her, “This was for Dad.”

Hope said, “It broke me.”

Then she publicly criticized the benching. Eight months later, she stands largely by what she said.

“My emotions were in a place I never experienced before, that hurt, pain, anger,” Solo said. “I’m not saying it was right, but I know it was something I had to do at the time.”

Her one regret was the criticism of Scurry. It was unintended, Solo said.

For Scurry, Solo’s remarks carried a particular sting. Her father had died shortly before the 2004 Olympics.

When Solo’s father died, Scurry dedicated a game to him, wrote Solo a letter and passed along her phone number. Call anytime, Scurry said. If anyone understood what Solo was going through, she did.

“I was there for her, holding her hand,” Scurry said of Solo. “When she did what she did, that made it a little deeper.”

Finally, before a game in Washington this month, Solo and Scurry had a long talk. Scurry said she told her, “You might have been disappointed you weren’t playing, but you are never above the team.”

Now she has moved on, Scurry said.

“The longer I let this bother me, I’m only hurting myself,” Scurry said. “I forgive her. I’m moving on to things I can control. It can drive you crazy trying to control other people.”

It was difficult returning to the national team last fall, Solo said. She nearly quit the sport, having lost her desire to play. She holed up in her home in Seattle, felt depressed and lost 10 pounds because of the stress. She felt tension in the hallways at the team hotel and during meals.

Previously, one of her closest friends was defender Cat Whitehill. No longer. According to Solo, Whitehill’s response to her explanation was, “I think you’re trying to get sympathy because of your dad’s death.”

Whitehill was not made available for this article by a team spokesman.

The star forward Abby Wambach, echoing others, said the team still believed it did the right thing in banishing Solo from the bronze-medal game at the World Cup.

“It was a distraction,” Wambach said.

At the same time, Wambach said, the episode forced her to reconsider her own actions and to accept some responsibility for not making Solo feel enough a part of the team entering the World Cup.

“My comment at the time was, ‘I’d like to think that I would like to forgive her,’ ” Wambach said. “That was the smallest amount of compassion I could come up with. Now it’s a lot bigger. I have forgiven her. If we don’t move on, there’s no chance we’ll win.”

Players will have to decide individually whether to re-form close personal ties with Solo, Wambach said. Such reliance on emotional bonding is a strength and weakness of women’s soccer, Sundhage said.

“It’s a strength for this team because I feel so many good things happening off the field that they bring to the field,” she said. “But you can’t get so caught up in things off the field that you forget about the game. It’s a balance.”

She is done apologizing, Solo said, and her teammates will have to meet her halfway if some reconciliation is to occur.

“I think women’s sports is so far behind men’s sports, but I think we’re starting to turn the corner to where, look, we don’t have to be friends, we don’t even have to like each other, but you will respect one another on the field,” Solo said. “You just play. You’re good enough to play, so get your act together and perform. I think slowly we’re getting that way.”

Source

Offline elan

• Hero Warrior
  • WaRRioR fOr LiFe!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: May 24, 2008, 03:32:53 PM »
Watch these goals and tell me Scurry at fault. Worse set of defending ever.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=92Ubrul7q2E&feature=related
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4</a>

Offline WestCoast

• The obvious is that which is never seen until someone expresses it simply
  • Hero Warrior
  • "Let We Do What We Normally Does" :)
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: May 24, 2008, 03:48:25 PM »
“Nobody reaches out to me quite as much,” Solo continued.
Like Hope flying Solo ;D

definitely an unfortunate set of cicumstances for each goal
That third Goal was sweet too bad
« Last Edit: May 24, 2008, 03:53:15 PM by WestCoast »
Whatever you do, do it to the purpose; do it thoroughly, not superficially. Go to the bottom of things. Any thing half done, or half known, is in my mind, neither done nor known at all. Nay, worse, for it often misleads.
Lord Chesterfield
(1694 - 1773)

Offline elan

• Hero Warrior
  • WaRRioR fOr LiFe!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: May 24, 2008, 04:10:06 PM »
Like Hope flying Solo ;D

Wham WC yuh want to give she ah hand or what?..... ;D

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: May 24, 2008, 04:11:00 PM »

No need to defend Bri... everybody with sense could see how exposed she was.  When she wasn't exposed the attacking players simply put it where she couldn't do much with it.  Solo just being a crybaby backside about it.

Offline Mango Chow!

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: May 24, 2008, 05:41:13 PM »
Ah feelin' sorry fuh de poor gyul, man, she had it rough.
Too  She probably underestimated the bonds between the team and the coach and the team and Briana Scurry.........maybe.  Probably thought that her comments were going to be followed by an outpouring of concurrences from her teammates. By the way.....my gyul still on the team??  ??? Enquiring minds want to know....

Offline WestCoast

• The obvious is that which is never seen until someone expresses it simply
  • Hero Warrior
  • "Let We Do What We Normally Does" :)
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: May 24, 2008, 05:46:26 PM »
Like Hope flying Solo ;D

Wham WC yuh want to give she ah hand or what?..... ;D
who.....Solo you talkin bout?
ya mad or wor
dem kinda 'oman does eat man raw and den spit dem out :devil:
bad like ah manzanilla swamp full ah crab
« Last Edit: May 24, 2008, 06:05:11 PM by WestCoast »
Whatever you do, do it to the purpose; do it thoroughly, not superficially. Go to the bottom of things. Any thing half done, or half known, is in my mind, neither done nor known at all. Nay, worse, for it often misleads.
Lord Chesterfield
(1694 - 1773)

Offline kicker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: May 25, 2008, 10:39:38 AM »

Looks like she coulda done better on the 2nd & the 4th, but that's just from watching TV....But on the field with things happening so fast, who knows how difficult it really was.....

Live life 90 minutes at a time....Football is life.......

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: May 25, 2008, 04:34:07 PM »
Only time will tell
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

1]; } ?>